sunday round 9 results

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Plympton Doggie
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: sunday round 9 results

Post by Plympton Doggie »

ontheblackburner wrote:Can i just ask: Did every team in Div 2 have an official ref for the Bs? I've heard a rumour that the SAASL has an influx of refs now - something like 80 and Div 2 ressies will be getting a ref - we had one yesterday.
We also had a official ref for our reserves in Div 3 sun i will give him one thing he was consistant, consitantly shite

Big G
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Big G »

Plympton Doggie wrote:he was consistant, consitantly shite
Paired up by the league with a consistently shite team too maybe..... :lol:

bigpond
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by bigpond »

Karmann Ghia wrote:
At the Fulham Vs Pontians game we had the German fella. Going by Bigpond's report no mention of him we can assume he has a decent game.
Uley is Uley and you know what to expect with him.

Always some strange deicsions but it didn't have any bearing on the match.

Had it in for Yanni - came off the bench and booked him for his 1st tackle after 2 mins and your goal keeper came out with a 2 footed studs showing tackle on him when he was through and he got nothing - should have been a penalty.

Kim (FFSA ref now since he has given amateurs away) was watching behind us and he said that was a penalty everyday of the week - it was quite obvious really.

CelticCrane36
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by CelticCrane36 »

We can't get a referee that isn't under 90 years old...

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Ingle Farm V Modbury Vista

Cold day but at least the rain held out.

A's 3-0
Solid performance by our boys on a heavy pitch. Credit to Vista who battled all day but couldn't find to many answers with 10 men. The red card was soft but the first yellow was for dissent so the coach wouldn't be happy with the player. The ref wasn't great and a little card happy but there have been worse. We showed lots of class in attack with Jonesy and Coxy, I thought our wide players stretched Vista well and we had lots of hard workers in the middle against Miller and Bounds. Big G made another superb save to deny Vista and the defence was well marshalled. Not champagne football but it wasn't the weather or the pitch for it and I thought we adapted to the conditions really well.

B's 3-0
Missed this game due to BBQ duties but from what I was told, we played well, created a few chances and had plenty of posession. Good win for the boys after having a few off weeks.

C's 2-1
The boys played well but Vista put up a good fight. We scored from two penalities and they were probably the easiest penalty decisions you could make. Vista scored an absolute spanker of a goal to put a fright into the Farm boys but we hung on well.

C2's V Brahma Lodge 4-1
From all accounts, the boys played really well considering they were missing about 4 players this week. Another great result for them. They are pushing the teams up the top and beating those below them. A couple of really promising players coming through.

O35's V Elizabeth Downs 1-3
A couple of goalkeeper errors cost Farm dearly. The spray Robbo gave to our goalkeeper probably didn't help either.

W V Elizabeth Downs 2-3 (Away)
The girls were involved in the Northern Football Expo at Burton. From reports, it was a good game and the girls had their chances but Downs were too strong in the end.

A big thank you to everyone who came down to watch the games. Vista brought out a big crowd and I must commended them for supporting our bar and BBQ. Very few own drinks brought by their supporters and they certainly bought up big on the BBQ. Most players stuck around afterwards for a drink. It will more than likely be our biggest day for the year so a very sincere thank you to Vista. They might be new to the Premier League but they certainly showed up quite a few clubs on supporting those involved in this league. We will ensure that the support is returned for the final game of the year.

Gardens at home next week then Gardens, Downs and Pontians. Every week seems like a grand final at the moment.

ontheblackburner
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by ontheblackburner »

2 penalties you say? Let me guess who the ref was...
#venkysout

Salisbury Florina (1970 - 2018)
2005 SAASL Sunday Division 2 Champions
2009 SAASL Sunday Premier League Champions
2013 SAASL Sunday Division 2 Champions

https://www.facebook.com/MantonStTribe
https://www.twitter.com/MantonStTribe

jackdogs
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by jackdogs »

card happy ref at Vista v Farm game today doesnt mind getting sworn at all day but when he gets an intelligent comment passed at him up came the first yellow for Burton

Farm with the ball down the left, tackled by vista player ref awards free kick.
Burton "what was that for ref"
Ref "no attempt at the ball"
Burton "just like you not attempting to be a referee"
Result Yellow card for Burton.

Next one ball and all tackle yellow carded for burton second yellow.

Vista struggle for the rest of the day against well drilled Farmers, Onwards and upwards for vista now
"I walk the line" Johnny Cash the man in black

jonnomath
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by jonnomath »

jackdogs wrote:card happy ref at Vista v Farm game today doesnt mind getting sworn at all day but when he gets an intelligent comment passed at him up came the first yellow for Burton

Vista struggle for the rest of the day against well drilled Farmers, Onwards and upwards for vista now
:shock: Are you saying that doesn't deserve a card?

Can't comment on the tackle cause i wasnt there but you can't expect so say that and get away with it can you?

gone
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gone »

jonnomath wrote:
jackdogs wrote:card happy ref at Vista v Farm game today doesnt mind getting sworn at all day but when he gets an intelligent comment passed at him up came the first yellow for Burton

:shock: Are you saying that doesn't deserve a card?

Can't comment on the tackle cause i wasnt there but you can't expect so say that and get away with it can you?
That's got to go in the sledge file. :lol:
Stirling District (est 1967) 32 seasons successfully avoiding a Championship then this
1999 Div 2 Champions
2002 Div 2 & 2B
2004 Div 1 & Champion of Champions
2007 Div 1 & 1B
2009 Div 1B
2011 Div 1B
2013 Div 2B & 7C
2014 Div 2B

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

The tackle was on the other side of the pitch from me but it was one that looked like it could get a card. Just cause get the ball, doesn't mean its not a foul if you get the legs also. Again, I was a distance from it so maybe it was ball only.

Whilst funny, that is a yellow for dissent.

lisbon lion
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by lisbon lion »

KING NUGGETT wrote:Im pretty sure that Nathan Day might be getting 3 weeks for stomping on Ebomo it was a Straight Red he could've easily avoided jumping on him...
The Referee was heard to say that Stomping is the report.

OUCH :oops:
no doubt about the red card macnuggets but i think the depth will cover it shame about the young lad in goals making a couple of errors.....thrown to the wolves perhaps.....does show some promise though...well done on congratulating some of the downs lads after the game..a touch of class

Ubietz
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Ubietz »

ontheblackburner wrote:2 penalties you say? Let me guess who the ref was...
Handball #1: Flicked over the defender's head. He raises his arm and swats the ball away. Should have been a red as he denied a sure goal scoring opp.

Handball #2: Another raised hand this time from a strike just outside the box.

It's not volleyball.
Last edited by Ubietz on Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
«Εμείς μαζί για μια ζωή»

lisbon lion
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by lisbon lion »

lisbon lion wrote:
KING NUGGETT wrote:Im pretty sure that Nathan Day might be getting 3 weeks for stomping on Ebomo it was a Straight Red he could've easily avoided jumping on him...
The Referee was heard to say that Stomping is the report.

OUCH :oops:
:oops: no doubt about the red card macnuggets but i think the depth will cover it shame about the young lad in goals making a couple of errors.....thrown to the wolves perhaps.....does show some promise though...well done on congratulating some of the downs lads after the game..a touch of class
forgot the OUCH :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cocko
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Cocko »

Rodent wrote:
Vale_boy05 wrote:
swannsong wrote: Can you supply me and others with a list of what players are on ??
I'm not against paying players but hearing people whine from Gardens about player wages is just sour grapes, you boys started the trend :lol:
No sour grapes just saying it cost you winning every week and with 15 on a team sheet with a minimum of $100 a game a few on more than that coaches and support staff it will cost you about $50k ... Im not complaining about the Mongs paying for it at all I know what it cost's and it's hard to come up with those dollars especially after getting robbed by one of your own.

Recruit well and you will prosper ... It's why Earl is on his phone 24/7
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Glad we kept a good eye on the bar and kiosk money :wink:
If your not happy with this post, get in the FAR QUEUE

Plympton Doggie
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Plympton Doggie »

Big G wrote:
Plympton Doggie wrote:he was consistant, consitantly shite
Paired up by the league with a consistently shite team too maybe..... :lol:

You sure your not confusing that with your shite sledging ?

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

shiraz there are some whingers on here.... :roll:

Bet the refs that are being b1tched about made less mistakes than the players..

geezer
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by geezer »

I'm not against paying players but hearing people whine from Gardens about player wages is just sour grapes, you boys started the trend :lol:[/quote]

No sour grapes just saying it cost you winning every week and with 15 on a team sheet with a minimum of $100 a game a few on more than that coaches and support staff it will cost you about $50k ... Im not complaining about the Mongs paying for it at all I know what it cost's and it's hard to come up with those dollars especially after getting robbed by one of your own.

Recruit well and you will prosper ... It's why Earl is on his phone 24/7[/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Glad we kept a good eye on the bar and kiosk money :wink:[/quote

Lucky you did smoker, you should be able to pay Stammy the rest of his wages :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

legga
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by legga »

Lucky you did smoker, you should be able to pay Stammy the rest of his wages :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:[/quote]

2 WHAT
2 NIL
10 MEN.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
There is no I in team, but there is a u in suck...

Interested Observer
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Interested Observer »

Steve#6 wrote:shiraz there are some whingers on here.... :roll:

New to the forum and relatively new to watching div 1 on a Sunday.
I cannot believe the abuse levelled at Refs week in week out from the sidelines.
Yes they make mistakes like players inevitably do, but some of the stuff they cop is outrageous.
They must get reasonable money to put up with it..

Can I also add that it must be a pleasure living across the road from Ingle Farms pitch every 2nd week listening to the IF coach's booming voice letting rip the the "F" bomb every time he speaks...

I am far from a prude and swear with the best of them in the right environment, but not a great thing for women and children to have to sit and listen to....
Last edited by Interested Observer on Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Uncle Cracker
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Uncle Cracker »

Interested Observer wrote:

I cannot believe the abuse levelled at Refs week in week out from the sidelines.
Yes they make mistakes like players inevitably do, but some of the stuff they cop is outrageous.

Can I also add that it must be a pleasure living across the road from Ingle Farms pitch every 2nd week listening to the IF coaches booming voice letting rip the the "F" bomb every time he speaks...
I am far from a prude and swear with the best of them in the right environment, but not a great thing for women and children to have to sit and listen to....
Thats not the coaches mate, its there president with the foul mouth :lol: :lol: :lol:

jackdogs
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by jackdogs »

Jay Walking wrote:

The tackle was on the other side of the pitch from me but it was one that looked like it could get a card. Just cause get the ball, doesn't mean its not a foul if you get the legs also. Again, I was a distance from it so maybe it was ball only.

I agree it was funny but my point being the refs get sworn at all day, their decisions get questioned all day and then they throw out a yellow card for an intelectual sledge that he had to think about what was said. The respect is there for the refs by in large but the dissent yellow cards are very inconsistent.
"I walk the line" Johnny Cash the man in black

Interested Observer
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Uncle Cracker wrote:

Can I also add that it must be a pleasure living across the road from Ingle Farms pitch every 2nd week listening to the IF coaches booming voice letting rip the the "F" bomb every time he speaks...
Thats not the coaches mate, its there president with the foul mouth :lol: :lol: :lol:
My apologies to the coach then..

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

The abuse is getting worse as well, not better.

And the whinging from players.....Bloody hell, no wonder egg ball codes call soccer a soft sport.....I have to say playing
League, union and cricket for a lot of years and coming over to soccer 8 years ago it is an eye opener to what is allowed said to
the officials.

I would love to see officials clamp down on this for a season and hand out Yellow cards at will to try and peg this back.
At the moment is is beyond ridiculous, it drives new supporters (parents of kids) away from the game not to it.

Rodent
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Rodent »

geezer wrote:I'm not against paying players but hearing people whine from Gardens about player wages is just sour grapes, you boys started the trend :lol:

Recruit well and you will prosper ... It's why Earl is on his phone 24/7[/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Glad we kept a good eye on the bar and kiosk money :wink:[/quote

Lucky you did smoker, you should be able to pay Stammy the rest of his wages :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:[/quote]

Thanks to the Mongs behind the goals at the Northern end we were able
to collect enough Ted's bottles & cash them in and pay Stam
Every Rat has his day !!

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Can I also add that it must be a pleasure living across the road from Ingle Farms pitch every 2nd week listening to the IF coach's booming voice letting rip the the "F" bomb every time he speaks...

Interesting. I know one of our coaches swears a little bit whilst the other has made and effort to stop.

I'm not saying its right, but it was hardly just from one side of the pitch. Plenty coming from the Vista side also.

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Uncle Cracker wrote:

The sooner Farm get rid of that President, the better for all of us. The things he says behind a BBQ are deplorable.

Big G
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Big G »

Jay Walking wrote:The things he says behind a BBQ are deplorable.
Let alone the things he cooks :lol:

Chico
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Chico »

jackdogs wrote:
Jay Walking wrote:

I agree it was funny but my point being the refs get sworn at all day, their decisions get questioned all day and then they throw out a yellow card for an intelectual sledge that he had to think about what was said. The respect is there for the refs by in large but the dissent yellow cards are very inconsistent.
Whilst I agree in part, with regards to the swearing you can't have your cake and eat it too. You either want the refs to be consistent or you want them to use common sense and judge on merit each interaction. e.g. swearing may be considered dissent (yellow), may also be considered foul and abusive language (red), but depending on context may also be considered frustration and so a quiet word may suffice. So if you want refs to be "consistent" on swearing and dish out cautions or reds for ALL swearing then by all means have a word pre-game and I'm sure he would oblige but I fear (particularly in amateurs) we would have many abandoned matches due to lack of players. I personally have a preference for common sense for swearing incidents.

The consistency comes in when the interaction is as you have put above, it doesn't leave much room for interpretation or "common sense" as it were, hence consistency can be applied quite readily in this situation.

Interested Observer
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Jay Walking wrote:

Interesting. I know one of our coaches swears a little bit whilst the other has made and effort to stop.

I'm not saying its right, but it was hardly just from one side of the pitch. Plenty coming from the Vista side also.[/quote]

Absolutely correct.
And on the pitch as well.
Let me clarify by saying I am no throwing stones at Ingle Farm alone.
It just stood out a lot more on Sunday given the persons voice echoed across the ground.
It has been an element at most if not all games I have seen this season so far, and from either teams involved..

Judge Judy
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by Judge Judy »

Agree that the refs deserve more respect from players. If they don't give it, they cop a yellow. I was a gentleman to the referee on the weekend :)
Ingle Farm Amateur Soccer Club
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ifasc
Facebook: http://facebook.com/ifasc