Saturday Division 4 League Table & Results *Updated Weekly*

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

othsc4life
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Re: Saturday Division 4 League Table & Results *Updated Week

Post by othsc4life »

Honda18 wrote:
gooner4life wrote:
Aussie Ronaldo wrote:anyone know what the score was for flinders vs angkor?
Flinders 2-1 Angkor in the A's and a 0-1 win to Angkor in the B's

Great win by the Flinders boys over Angkor hard well contested games.
:shock: first loss for the Boys cant believe it!!
Might have to cut my holiday short and book an early flight back home.
thats awesome to see! love seein arrogance come crashing down. but im suprised your contract includes holiday pay???

sephiroth
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sephiroth »

looks like Flinders, Parafield, and iggies all played players from higher divisions this week....cue whinging from the hillbillies.

The Northern Lights
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by The Northern Lights »

il principe wrote:looks like Flinders, Parafield, and iggies all played players from higher divisions this week....cue whinging from the hillbillies.
By hillbillies i hope you mean torrens valley, we havnt whinged about this?

Stevo
In Memory of Dylan Tombides

Post by Stevo »

il principe wrote:looks like Flinders, Parafield, and iggies all played players from higher divisions this week....cue whinging from the hillbillies.
Actually we (Flinders) had a few boys out, had to bring in blokes from the B's for this game, no players from higher divs.

Made the win even better :D

Clever Trevor
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Clever Trevor »

Stevo wrote:
Actually we (Flinders) had a few boys out, had to bring in blokes from the B's for this game, no players from higher divs.D
In all fairness, some of your div 3s have filled in your 4Bs lately
machickenz wrote:B 1-4 (the old parafield team that everyone has played.)

A 2-2 (a completely new team, we should have finished this one off by HT, but sold 2 sloppy, sloppy goals) Mid-table obscurity now the best we can do.

I was the keeper of the (completely new team), we are the Sunday C team of the gardens. This was a one off fill in game due to unknown reasons. It was quite a fun game. Even though I let in the most ridiculous of goals, it was amazing to actually walk away with a point being 1-2 men down consistently. Good game!
Interesting if the league considers this practise within its bylaws...

Stevo

Post by Stevo »

Clever Trevor wrote:
Stevo wrote:
Actually we (Flinders) had a few boys out, had to bring in blokes from the B's for this game, no players from higher divs.D

A 2-2 (a completely new team, we should have finished this one off by HT, but sold 2 sloppy, sloppy goals) Mid-table obscurity now the best we can do.

I was the keeper of the (completely new team), we are the Sunday C team of the gardens. This was a one off fill in game due to unknown reasons. It was quite a fun game. Even though I let in the most ridiculous of goals, it was amazing to actually walk away with a point being 1-2 men down consistently. Good game!
On a handful of occasions when those players can't get a gig in the 3's, still wasn't the case last Saturday.

To be honest I would be hoping the 3's would be paying attention to their div considering where they are.

Clever Trevor
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Clever Trevor »

Exactly. Probably overdue for promotion

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Clever Trevor wrote:
Stevo wrote:

why wouldn't they?

Rodent
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Rodent »

not true is Div 6 Sunday higher than Div 4 Saturday..??
Every Rat has his day !!

Clever Trevor
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Clever Trevor »

I would consider Sun6 higher than Sat4A.

The Northern Lights
Apprentice
Apprentice

Clever Trevor wrote:I would consider Sun6 higher than Sat4A.
I wouldnt say that, we were very competitive against sunday div 3 opposition in pre season, beating Para Hills lions 4-2. Was 4-0 up & let 2 silly goals in late on, & munno para beat us 4-2 i think!, i would say the saturday div 4 is just the same standard as sunday div 4.

sephiroth
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sephiroth »

Would consider the Saturday C Grade (Div 5?) a higher standard than Saturday Div 4A.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

il principe wrote:Would consider the Saturday C Grade (Div 5?) a higher standard than Saturday Div 4A.
As a general rule, I would agree with that but I know the iggies team in 4a would destroy the iggies team in 5c

pernunz
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by pernunz »

God is an Englishman wrote:
il principe wrote:Would consider the Saturday C Grade (Div 5?) a higher standard than Saturday Div 4A.
As a general rule, I would agree with that but I know the iggies team in 4a would destroy the iggies team in 6c
Fixed. No team in Div 5 this year, only Div 6.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

pernunz wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
As a general rule, I would agree with that but I know the iggies team in 4a would destroy the iggies team in 6c
Fixed. No team in Div 5 this year, only Div 6.

So, is Div 5 for single teams only then?

pernunz
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by pernunz »

God is an Englishman wrote:So, is Div 5 for single teams only then?
I'm not 100% sure. Div 6 is the C grade for the Div 1 teams though (with a few exceptions due to late entrants, and now Salisbury Villa have pulled out)

othsc4life
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by othsc4life »

pernunz wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:So, is Div 5 for single teams only then?
I'm not 100% sure. Div 6 is the C grade for the Div 1 teams though (with a few exceptions due to late entrants, and now Salisbury Villa have pulled out)
Not sure if this season is different to last season. But last season one tree hill only had one side and we played in div 6

Clever Trevor
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Clever Trevor »

othsc4life wrote:Not sure if this season is different to last season. But last season one tree hill only had one side and we played in div 6
If you look on the website you will see that the teams you played last year are Div 5, so you can conclude that the 2011 Div 6 is the 2012 Div 5.

I don't know why the C team Div 6 is not called Premier C or 1C. :?:

gooner4life
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by gooner4life »

Mt Compass have just postponed their game agaisnt Flinders tomorrow, due to a waterlogged pitch! :x

God knows when we will get this played , :roll: we still have a catch up game to get played against Adelaide Uni. We could be playing well into October!!

:evil:
“We do not buy superstars. We make them.”
Arsene Wenger

Fudpucker
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Fudpucker »

gooner4life wrote:Mt Compass have just postponed their game agaisnt Flinders tomorrow, due to a waterlogged pitch! :x

God knows when we will get this played , :roll: we still have a catch up game to get played against Adelaide Uni. We could be playing well into October!!

Surely you guys could play a mid week game against Adelaide Uni to catch up that fixture? Mid week catch up against Compass would be slightly more difficult though.

Thank god we are not home this weekend. What a quagmire our pitch would be after 40-50mm!

gooner4life
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by gooner4life »

Fudpucker wrote:
gooner4life wrote:Mt Compass have just postponed their game agaisnt Flinders tomorrow, due to a waterlogged pitch! :x

Surely you guys could play a mid week game against Adelaide Uni to catch up that fixture? Mid week catch up against Compass would be slightly more difficult though.

Thank god we are not home this weekend. What a quagmire our pitch would be after 40-50mm!
Be happy to, and been witing on Adelaide Uni to arrange it!! MT Compass say they will be available to play a mid week catch up, so looks like we may need to practice our night football! :wink:
Arsene Wenger

pernunz
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by pernunz »

OISC games both (4A and 4B) cancelled as well.

Our pitch doesn't like rain :(

gooner4life
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by gooner4life »

pernunz wrote:OISC games both (4A and 4B) cancelled as well.

Our pitch doesn't like rain :(
Thats seems like it might be a theme this weekend! This Div is set to have multiple catch up games and ones that are important and need to be played before the seasons end.

Looks like we will all have some mid week games, or be playing in October!
Arsene Wenger

The Northern Lights
Apprentice
Apprentice

Are ye's not calling off a bit early, the suns out now, surely youse could wait till saturday morning then inspect the pitch's?
Hoping our game v USC Lion goes ahead, hows the pitch looking down there at grange? , such a big game be good to get it played tommorro.

theREDhaj
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by theREDhaj »

Stand Free wrote:Are ye's not calling off a bit early, the suns out now, surely youse could wait till saturday morning then inspect the pitch's?
Hoping our game v USC Lion goes ahead, hows the pitch looking down there at grange? , such a big game be good to get it played tommorro.
Shouldn't be any problems with the pitch. I haven't looked at it in the last few but it was looking pretty good on Tuesday.

Fudpucker
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Fudpucker »

Stand Free wrote:Are ye's not calling off a bit early, the suns out now, surely youse could wait till saturday morning then inspect the pitch's?
USC Lions pitch handles heavy downpours really well. We played down there earlier in the season when we had similar rainfall and it was fine. Soils very sandy so it soaks in pretty quickly.

The Northern Lights
Apprentice
Apprentice

theREDhaj wrote:
Shouldn't be any problems with the pitch. I haven't looked at it in the last few but it was looking pretty good on Tuesday.
Cool, i noticed iggies have moved their div 1 game to grange also, i presume they will play on the on the pitch right on the corner of grange & Trimmer parade & you guys play on the main pitch in front of the changerooms?

Fudpucker
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Fudpucker »

Stand Free wrote:
theREDhaj wrote:
Cool, i noticed iggies have moved their div 1 game to grange also, i presume they will play on the on the pitch right on the corner of grange & Trimmer parade & you guys play on the main pitch in front of the changerooms?
You guys might want to check whether ACU Falcons are at home. They normally play on pitch right at the back. That one will be a quagmire! When we were there last they played on the corner pitch cause their pitch was shot.

theREDhaj
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by theREDhaj »

Stand Free wrote:
theREDhaj wrote:
We will be playing on the main pitch in front of the change rooms. Any other games get played on the back pitch's. They will most likely be playing on the pitch behind the one that you are referring to (the third one).

NorthernPitbullsF.C
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by NorthernPitbullsF.C »

So what games r being played tomorrow at this stage?

We're still on. Who else?