South African cricket

This forum is for discussion of other sports.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Re: South African cricket

Post by God is an Englishman »

Bomber wrote:Deflection no 1 - bringing mutes into the argument now? Even you can do better than that. Surely you know that if a bloke talks like a full on saffer, he's most likely been brought up and lived a Saffer lifestyle in his prime "budding" years as a cricketer - case in point KP, Tony Greig etc. That may also suggest why Andrew Symonds saw himself as an Aussie - he was simply brought up as one.
Deflection no 2 - what's rugby got to do with cricket? I dont recall anyone saying your rugby team is full of saffers.

No deflections - you used accents as your example and i have shown why it's a silly argument. Where someone is raised is irrelevant and has nothing to do with the blood that's in their veins. Where should I play considering people differ on their opinions on my accent. Have you heard Tim Cahill speak recently?

The rugby is the link to sport and generally in life how your country claims everybody. Name a sport and they probably try to claim someone in there. Even the afl tried to claim that irish bloke who died recently. Have a pint of fosters and they'll call you aussie. Aussie Kim Clysters, Aussie Joe Bugner :lol:

Only cricket well Khawaja and symonds in recent times. No blood links to australia, not born in australia. They're not australian. KP has a blood line.

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

ed joyce

eoin morgan

stolen

#won
ImageImage

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

DOC wrote:ed joyce

eoin morgan

stolen

#won
Not sure on joyce but how many tests has he played? morgan was entitled to a British passport at birth, symonds and khawaja weren't. EASY WIN!

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Bomber wrote:Deflection no 1 - bringing mutes into the argument now? Even you can do better than that. Surely you know that if a bloke talks like a full on saffer, he's most likely been brought up and lived a Saffer lifestyle in his prime "budding" years as a cricketer - case in point KP, Tony Greig etc. That may also suggest why Andrew Symonds saw himself as an Aussie - he was simply brought up as one.
Deflection no 2 - what's rugby got to do with cricket? I dont recall anyone saying your rugby team is full of saffers.

No deflections - you used accents as your example and i have shown why it's a silly argument. Where someone is raised is irrelevant and has nothing to do with the blood that's in their veins. Where should I play considering people differ on their opinions on my accent. Have you heard Tim Cahill speak recently?

The rugby is the link to sport and generally in life how your country claims everybody. Name a sport and they probably try to claim someone in there. Even the afl tried to claim that irish bloke who died recently. Have a pint of fosters and they'll call you aussie. Aussie Kim Clysters, Aussie Joe Bugner :lol:

Only cricket well Khawaja and symonds in recent times. No blood links to australia, not born in australia. They're not australian. KP has a blood line.
Person born in England whilst family is abroad, but family goes back to Australia to raise the child who is one month old (for example). Talks Aussie, raised as Aussie and even though is entitled to British passport, who should he play cricket for? Open the other eye at least sometimes!
The blood argument is ridiculous. Do you have different blood types over there or something?
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

[quote="Bomber"][quote="God is an Englishman"][quote="Bomber"]Deflection no 1 - bringing mutes into the argument now? Even you can do better than that. Surely you know that if a bloke talks like a full on saffer, he's most likely been brought up and lived a Saffer lifestyle in his prime "budding" years as a cricketer - case in point KP, Tony Greig etc. That may also suggest why Andrew Symonds saw himself as an Aussie - he was simply brought up as one.
Deflection no 2 - what's rugby got to do with cricket? I dont recall anyone saying your rugby team is full of saffers.[/quote]

Only cricket well Khawaja and symonds in recent times. No blood links to australia, not born in australia. They're not australian. KP has a blood line.[/quote]

Person born in England whilst family is abroad, but family goes back to Australia to raise the child who is one month old (for example). Talks Aussie, raised as Aussie and even though is entitled to British passport, who should he play cricket for? Open the other eye at least sometimes!
The blood argument is ridiculous. Do you have different blood types over there or something?[/quote]
Were the parents australian?

What was was their visa status in England at that time?

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

So now its paperwork, rather than blood now? Make up your mind.
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:So now its paperwork, rather than blood now? Make up your mind.
and you have the cheek to mention deflection to me. I have said all along that you should only be allowed to play for a country if you were entitled to that persons passport at the time of their birth.

Now, stop being collossus and costa and answer the very simple questions to your hypothetical argument!

Now, were the parents australian?

What was their residential status in England at the time?

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

and you have the cheek to mention deflection to me. I have said all along that you should only be allowed to play for a country if you were entitled to that persons passport at the time of their birth.

Now, stop being collossus and costa and answer the very simple questions to your hypothetical argument!

Just to humour you as you obviously cant see the big picture of what I am saying:

Dad (Aussie) goes to work in UK after getting work visa granted. Mum is an Aussie but decides to visit hubby cos she misses him. They bonk, have child and child is born there. Child is one month old and work visa expires and they all return home to live happily ever after in Sydney. Child raised as Aussie, speaks with Aussie accent - who should he play cricket for?
Ignore this signature

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

does Yamilé Aldama Ring a bell.......?

Yamilé Aldama Pozo (known as Yamilé Aldama, جميلة الداما) (born August 14, 1972, Havana, Cuba) is an international triple jumper currently competing for Great Britain after formerly representing Cuba and Sudan.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:

Just to humour you as you obviously cant see the big picture of what I am saying:

Dad (Aussie) goes to work in UK after getting work visa granted. Mum is an Aussie but decides to visit hubby cos she misses him. They bonk, have child and child is born there. Child is one month old and work visa expires and they all return home to live happily ever after in Sydney. Child raised as Aussie, speaks with Aussie accent - who should he play cricket for?
Australia obviously, the kids has australian parentage and not even entitled to a British passport.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Let's assume the mother was born in UK but moved to Australia when she was 7 years old, everything else the same. Then what?
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:Let's assume the mother was born in UK but moved to Australia when she was 7 years old, everything else the same. Then what?
Then he is entitled to a British passport, he has (presumably) an English mother and English blood. Therefore I am more than comfortable with him playing for England. As his father is australian, I would equally have no problem with him playing for australia.

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

eoin morgan

stolen

#won
Not sure on joyce but how many tests has he played? morgan was entitled to a British passport at birth, symonds and khawaja weren't. EASY WIN!
both had played for ireland before playing for england, but england don't poach players
ImageImage

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

DAM wrote:does Yamilé Aldama Ring a bell.......?

Yamilé Aldama Pozo (known as Yamilé Aldama, جميلة الداما) (born August 14, 1972, Havana, Cuba) is an international triple jumper currently competing for Great Britain after formerly representing Cuba and Sudan.

anyone?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

DAM wrote:
DAM wrote:does Yamilé Aldama Ring a bell.......?

anyone?

She's been mentioned before and I think I said that I didn't agree with her selection.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

DOC wrote:

eoin morgan

stolen

#won
both had played for ireland before playing for england, but england don't poach players
When have I said England don't poach players?