Chelsea's official response RE: Mikel situation

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Re: Chelsea's official response RE: Mikel situation

Post by God is an Englishman »

Nice One Cyril wrote:It's libel to use the media to defame someone. If they think a crime has been committed then report it in private to the police who will then investigate.

They've dug themselves one hell of a hole
not a legal expert but I think that's wrong. However, I stand to be corrected.

Ferdinand used the media with Terry, there was not enough proof and nothing has happened to him.

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

Reports coming out that the Chelsea team are "split" over whether Clattenburg actually said anything. Supposedly it was Ramires and Luiz that encouraged the accusations. Ramires cant even speak english can he?? Or will that be Chelsea's excuse?

BlackBrian_7
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by BlackBrian_7 »

God is an Englishman wrote:So let's get this right.

Chelsea captain found not guilty and people want the fa to punish chelsea

If a FA referee is found not guilty and people want the fa to punish chelsea

Does this mean if you report a crime to the police and the person is found not guilty then you should face prosecution?
No Chelsea should.

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

Does this mean if you report a crime to the police and the person is found not guilty then you should face prosecution?

It means you handle things more professionally.

bob saget
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by bob saget »

God is an Englishman wrote:Does this mean if you report a crime to the police and the person is found not guilty then you should face prosecution?
If you report a crime by providing false information, then yes, the other party would probably be found not guilty and you could face prosecution.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:It's libel to use the media to defame someone. If they think a crime has been committed then report it in private to the police who will then investigate.

They've dug themselves one hell of a hole
not a legal expert but I think that's wrong. However, I stand to be corrected.

Ferdinand used the media with Terry, there was not enough proof and nothing has happened to him.
TBF I'm no expert either but I suspect that Clattenburg would win if he went to court claiming that his reputation has been damaged. Terry might have won as well but perhaps lacked the bottle to go for it.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

So are we saying one man’s word against another isn’t sufficient evidence?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

bob saget wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:Does this mean if you report a crime to the police and the person is found not guilty then you should face prosecution?
If you report a crime by providing false information, then yes, the other party would probably be found not guilty and you could face prosecution.
So, how are you going to prove chelsea are lying and he didn't say it - beyond reasonable doubt.

It's not as straight forward as the lies in your signature.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

BlackBrian_7 wrote:

No Chelsea should.
Why wasn't anton ferdinand prosecuted then?

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

Police have dropped the investigation regarding Clattenburg today.

Quoted from the Met Police -

“Inquiries were made and no victims have come forward.

“The matter will remain as a recorded incident.

“Without a victim and/or any evidence that any offence has been committed, the matter cannot currently be investigated.

“If the situation changes and a victim and/or evidence to support an allegation of a crime comes to police attention, then further inquiries will, if appropriate, be made.”

What a joke. They kick up a big stink and the Society of Black Lawyers get on their high horse and nobody even comes forward to back any allegations up! Just proves it was all because they lost........Pathetic on Chelsea's part!

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Ian_Wright wrote:What a joke. They kick up a big stink and the Society of Black Lawyers get on their high horse and nobody even comes forward to back any allegations up! Just proves it was all because they lost........Pathetic on Chelsea's part!
The Society of Black Lawyers (how is that not racist?) are the ones to blame here not chelsea. They are the ones who took this to the police and made the complaint despite not hearing a thing.

Litmanen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Litmanen »

Ian_Wright wrote:Police have dropped the investigation regarding Clattenburg today.

Quoted from the Met Police -

“Without a victim and/or any evidence that any offence has been committed, the matter cannot currently be investigated.

“If the situation changes and a victim and/or evidence to support an allegation of a crime comes to police attention, then further inquiries will, if appropriate, be made.”

What a joke. They kick up a big stink and the Society of Black Lawyers get on their high horse and nobody even comes forward to back any allegations up! Just proves it was all because they lost........Pathetic on Chelsea's part!
I'm not sure Chelsea took it to the police? I thought the SBL did ?

JT was found not guilty by police too.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

I thought a court found JT not guilty? The police don't make the decision if someone is guilty or not.

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

very poor from chelsea and the players involved, just shows they were sooks about the loss

“Without a victim and/or any evidence that any offence has been committed, the matter cannot currently be investigated."

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

Ian_Wright wrote:What a joke. They kick up a big stink and the Society of Black Lawyers get on their high horse and nobody even comes forward to back any allegations up! Just proves it was all because they lost........Pathetic on Chelsea's part!
The Society of Black Lawyers (how is that not racist?) are the ones to blame here not chelsea. They are the ones who took this to the police and made the complaint despite not hearing a thing.

I agree they were completey in the wrong and must have known they were reporting bogus claims! They probably just wanted some publicity. However as far as Chelsea are concerned this whole incident has made them look like a bunch of clowns. All hell broke loose after the first 24 hours of the alleged incident, Chelsea continued to bluff and back up their comments, then common sense finally prevailed and they realised everyone knew they were talking sh%t :lol:

Litmanen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Litmanen »

Ian_Wright wrote:

I agree they were completey in the wrong and must have known they were reporting bogus claims! They probably just wanted some publicity. However as far as Chelsea are concerned this whole incident has made them look like a bunch of clowns. All hell broke loose after the first 24 hours of the alleged incident, Chelsea continued to bluff and back up their comments, then common sense finally prevailed and they realised everyone knew they were talking sh%t :lol:

I don't see how Chelsea can be criticized for following protocol. If a player claims the referee was racist towards him, what else are you supposed to do, just ignore it?

Personally i think they've done all they can, but referee's are a protected species, without evidence, the FA will do nothing ( if it was a player there would be a ban for sure).

Refereeing.....It's the only job in the world where you can make constant mistakes and not be fired.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Litmanen wrote:I don't see how Chelsea can be criticized for following protocol. If a player claims the referee was racist towards him, what else are you supposed to do, just ignore it?

Personally i think they've done all they can, but referee's are a protected species, without evidence, the FA will do nothing ( if it was a player there would be a ban for sure).

Refereeing.....It's the only job in the world where you can make constant mistakes and not be fired.
Firstly, they haven't followed protocol. If a player claims the referee was racist towards him, the club should report it to the FA and the Police, not go bleating to the newspapers so we can have a 'trial by media'.

Chelsea.....It's the only club in the world where you can make unsubstantiated allegations and not be fired.
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

Only a Chelsea fan would say that. Why did no players go forward to the police?? Complete double standards from the club! This is nothing to do with Clattenburg being protected, its about Chelsea's poor poor handling of the situation.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Ian_Wright wrote:

They are still pursuing with their complaint to the FA over clattenburg's conduct and comments.

From what I can see on this (at this stage) chelsea have done nothing wrong. They claim they heard the comments and they have reported them to the FA. Other people took it out of their hands and to the police.

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

Quote from Bruce Buck (Chelsea Chariman)

"Looking into the players’ eyes, I could see they were unhappy but no player or staff demanded that we file a complaint.

They gave us their statements. The decision was made by us, the Chelsea management."

Litmanen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Litmanen »

Ian_Wright wrote:Quote from Bruce Buck (Chelsea Chariman)

"Looking into the players’ eyes, I could see they were unhappy but no player or staff demanded that we file a complaint.

They gave us their statements. The decision was made by us, the Chelsea management."

"Suppose we had tried to sweep this under the rug and said to the various players, 'Look, it's not a big deal and the press are going to be all over us, maybe you want to reconsider,'" Buck was quoted as saying in Tuesday's edition of the paper. "If that had leaked out, we would've really been crucified."

As i said, they had no choice, especially when the players gave statements saying they heard things.

"I spoke to the players involved, either because they were allegedly the recipient of that abuse or had heard it, three separate times," the American lawyer said. "I asked them if they could be mistaken. I asked them if they might have heard 'Mikel' instead of 'monkey.' I thought I had covered that base.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Litmanen wrote:
Ian_Wright wrote:Quote from Bruce Buck (Chelsea Chariman)

"Suppose we had tried to sweep this under the rug and said to the various players, 'Look, it's not a big deal and the press are going to be all over us, maybe you want to reconsider,'" Buck was quoted as saying in Tuesday's edition of the paper. "If that had leaked out, we would've really been crucified."

As i said, they had no choice.
Disingenuous with the truth. They had a choice to either do it the right way in private (in which case I would be supporting them), or engage in a public smearing of a potentially innocent man. They chose the latter and, IMO, it was a conscious decision.

Now they're pleading innocence and trying to weasel their way out of it.
Danny Blanchflower

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

Its comical

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

Le King wrote:very poor from chelsea and the players involved, just shows they were sooks about the loss

“Without a victim and/or any evidence that any offence has been committed, the matter cannot currently be investigated."
This reads almost word for word with the statement released by the Merseyside police after Suarez-Evra.
As a matter of fact, they contacted Man Utd on 3 separate occasions to seek a police investigation. Not forthcoming.

Not absolving Chelsea for their handling of the matter but doesn’t necessarily mean anything. Lots can occur within the FA sphere.

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Litmanen wrote:I don't see how Chelsea can be criticized for following protocol. If a player claims the referee was racist towards him, what else are you supposed to do, just ignore it?

Firstly, they haven't followed protocol. If a player claims the referee was racist towards him, the club should report it to the FA and the Police, not go bleating to the newspapers so we can have a 'trial by media'.
Chelsea.....It's the only club in the world where you can make unsubstantiated allegations and not be fired.

spot on

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Le King wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:

spot on

How did the media find out about suarez's comments to evra?

Litmanen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Litmanen »

Nice One Cyril wrote:

Correct protocol is to inform the match delegate. They did that.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Litmanen wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:

Correct protocol is to inform the match delegate. They did that.
:lol: Along with Sky News, The Sun, The BBC, The Chelsea Times and anyone else who would listen.
Danny Blanchflower

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

chelski sore losers...........have a little cry cos u lost the game
:lol:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

everyone saying how chelsea told the media etc... How did the media find out about suarez's comments to evra?