Man City fans not happy with their bandwagonners :-)

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

M160RA
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Man City fans not happy with their bandwagonners :-)

Post by M160RA »

Get used to it. Since the start of the Premier League every club has loads of the nu-footy fans.
Some good points from the local lads from Bury, Dubai, Cheadle, Portsmouth, London, Sale, Lancs, Co. Down, Baildon, and Notts etc, etc, etc.

Particularly liked this one from Chealde_Hulme Blue...maybe I know him :wink:
"its disgraceful that these plastic twats can get tickets and basically stop actual city fans from going. If this is the price of success then wtf !!!"

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewt ... 2&start=60

Fill yer boots lads. :lol:
Manchester United, not arrogant, just better.

pernunz
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: Man City fans not happy with their bandwagonners :-)

Post by pernunz »

They need to increase their revenue to be able to compete in the Champions League in the coming seasons due to UEFA Financial Fair Play.

The cost of success.

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

I love how mancini is blaming Clattenburg for gareth barry getting a one match suspension for using abusive language towards the ref
Did he not see when tevez kicked out at Jones?

pernunz
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by pernunz »

Le King wrote:I love how mancini is blaming Clattenburg for gareth barry getting a one match suspension for using abusive language towards the ref
Did he not see when tevez kicked out at Jones?
Manchester United being the victims of players kicking out?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

only a few years ago man city were in league one and had a decent firm that tried to match it with the bigger clubs. Got respect for those city fans who stuck by their club, that's what real fans do.

Unfrotunately, they now (like most premier league clubs) have to put up with out of town bandwagoners. man u have had it for years with people from stockport supporting them.

At least man city is closer to stockport than man u.

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

Most of my liverpool mates were born in the 80s, so they were born into success.

If liverpool supporters born in the 80s, were born today, they would probably be chelsea or city supporters

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

M160RA wrote:Get used to it. Since the start of the Premier League every club has loads of the nu-footy fans.
Some good points from the local lads from Bury, Dubai, Cheadle, Portsmouth, London, Sale, Lancs, Co. Down, Baildon, and Notts etc, etc, etc.

Particularly liked this one from Chealde_Hulme Blue...maybe I know him :wink:
"its disgraceful that these plastic twats can get tickets and basically stop actual city fans from going. If this is the price of success then wtf !!!"

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewt ... 2&start=60

Fill yer boots lads. :lol:
It would be great if clubs like Shitty could reward the fans who stuck by them all those years, but I guess in the end its their effort and pain that is in some what is being rewarded by their current local success. In the end its probably all those true fans could ever ask for (except maybe they would prefer a local owners but you can't have it all now can we!)

pernunz
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by pernunz »

There's no point in rewarding loyal fans, they will be there until the day they cannot go to games any more, continually coughing up season ticket revenue, buying the new playing strips each season.

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

pernunz wrote:There's no point in rewarding loyal fans, they will be there until the day they cannot go to games any more, continually coughing up season ticket revenue, buying the new playing strips each season.
Might encourage the bandwagoners to become loyal fans too?

Jimbob
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Jimbob »

Don't Man City need help filling their stadium every week?

robinfriday10
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by robinfriday10 »

its sad when people turn to the league ladder to pick a team to support....Man Utd, liverpool, Leeds(70s), Chelsea and in the next few years City.

Most United fans picked either League Titles or FA Cups to pick their team as i'm sure most are'nt from the north west or even the UK..
things happen for a reason

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

robinfriday10 wrote:its sad when people turn to the league ladder to pick a team to support....Man Utd, liverpool, Leeds(70s), Chelsea and in the next few years City.

Most United fans picked either League Titles or FA Cups to pick their team as i'm sure most are'nt from the north west or even the UK..
lol thats just too funny :D

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Le King wrote:
robinfriday10 wrote:its sad when people turn to the league ladder to pick a team to support....Man Utd, liverpool, Leeds(70s), Chelsea and in the next few years City.

It might be funny but only an idiot would deny it!

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Haha yeah Man Utd have 23,000,000 facebook fans the population of Manchester is less the 500,000!

brooksy7
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by brooksy7 »

Could prob say that about Bandwagon Man $$$hitty Supporters of today after ur Premiership win from last season and the FA Cup the 1 b4, or you think you have the same amount of support as b4 those Victories!!!!

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Stuckey wrote:Haha yeah Man Utd have 23,000,000 facebook fans the population of Manchester is less the 500,000!
Are you sure on that population, I thought it would be a lot more than that!

Raich Carter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Raich Carter »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Stuckey wrote:Haha yeah Man Utd have 23,000,000 facebook fans the population of Manchester is less the 500,000!
Greater Manchester is 2.5m
When I am king, you will be first against the wall
With your opinion which is of no consequence at all

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Mackem Lad wrote:
Greater Manchester is 2.5m
Yep, that sounds more like it.

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

pernunz wrote:There's no point in rewarding loyal fans, they will be there until the day they cannot go to games any more, continually coughing up season ticket revenue, buying the new playing strips each season.
WTF :?:
ImageImage

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

DOC wrote:
Economically speaking the bloke makes sense. However, that's his problem he sees football as a statistic and numbers on a piece of paper. He'll never understand the passion of supporting a club.

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

DOC wrote:
Economically speaking the bloke makes sense. However, that's his problem he sees football as a statistic and numbers on a piece of paper. He'll never understand the passion of supporting a club.
exactly

although i live in australia, myself and many off my mates have broken the bank in order to see our team just once at their home stadium, you travel back a few times a year and see as many games as possible

real fans over there have season books, go to all the away games despite results and club issues

these are the people that should be rewarded, those that make the effort no matter where they are
ImageImage

Raich Carter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Raich Carter »

DOC wrote:
And he's a West Ham fan :D

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Mackem Lad wrote:And he's a West Ham fan :D

no he's not - he follows west ham.

Raich Carter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Raich Carter »

Mackem Lad wrote:And he's a West Ham fan :D

no he's not - he follows west ham.
My mistake

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

Le King wrote:

It might be funny but only an idiot would deny it!
So your saying that ppl that were born in the 70s and 80s n currently support liverpool are bandwagoners? Cause at that stage liverpool were the most successful club in England with the most league titles right?

M160RA
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by M160RA »

And what of those 26 seasons without winning the League? Still the best supported team in the UK.
Manchester United, not arrogant, just better.

robinfriday10
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by robinfriday10 »

Le King wrote:So your saying that ppl that were born in the 70s and 80s n currently support liverpool are bandwagoners? Cause at that stage liverpool were the most successful club in England with the most league titles right?
Plenty jumped on the Liverpool bandwagon when they were the best team in Europe......(but most people back then appreciated Liverpools quality, and there supporters were tolerable!!! whereas you bandwagon jumping lot are not!!
brooksy7 wrote:Could prob say that about Bandwagon Man $$$hitty Supporters of today after ur Premiership win from last season and the FA Cup the 1 b4, or you think you have the same amount of support as b4 those Victories!!!!
I'm sure we've picked up a few supporters from our current position but not in huge numbers..most City fans have seen more bad times than good.....

unlike Rag supporters where the vast majority picked their team from the ladder or an FA Cup Final. It's the Aussie way isn't it??????

I'm sure there's a few that are family traditions or actually born in the old dart
things happen for a reason

The Wise Monkey
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by The Wise Monkey »

Maybe playing good football for the best part of 3 decades might be a reason also, plus the days of following the closest team to where you live are long gone because EPL teams need as much revenue as they can get hence why they broaden their supporter base. All clubs welcome these bandwagon fans because they bring in the cash.

dudley
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by dudley »

its a dumb concept only support something because its in your back yard.

can people from Manchester eat chinese food or drink french wine, or can only the chinese and the french??

can only Aussies support a AFL side as thats Australian and really every other game is foreign.

Can americans only watch baseball and support that.........

Los Del Eague
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Los Del Eague »

Football was always the working class mans sport, back in the early days the local
People supported their local club because they had nothing else to look forward to.there was
No tv replays of games etc, hence why people are so precious about their home town
Club and not so welcoming to out of town fans.
It's kind of passed on through the family.
I'm mates with Nicky T but boy do I give him cabernet about being from North London
And why he didn't follow Arsenal or Spurs.

I'm always amazed as to the lengths some foreign supporters will go to to prove their "worth"
To their chosen team.
The young boys said unto him....."go up baldhead, go up"......so he did, rose like a salmon and nodded the ball into the net......1 nil! :-)