what a disgrace for junior football

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

what a disgrace for junior football

Post by rossonero »

:D
Last edited by rossonero on Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sufc13s
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: what a disgrace for junior football

Post by sufc13s »

happens all the time if you are the away team you have no say in it.
and many a junior coach will try it for a cheap win coz for many thats what its all about....we had a really bad case last year

justmyopinion
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by justmyopinion »

No excuse in not fielding a team I'm sorry, you either make up the numbers from your b team or promote players from a younger age group.

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rossonero »

Last edited by rossonero on Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sufc13s
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sufc13s »

justmyopinion wrote:No excuse in not fielding a team I'm sorry, you either make up the numbers from your b team or promote players from a younger age group.
so in my situation last year I promote an 8yr old to play under 12s... not all clubs are blessed with the number of sides your club obviously has.... not everything is as simple as.it always seems.

justmyopinion
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by justmyopinion »

Why were' nt they available?
Surely any under 10 or under 11 would (22 + players) have loved the challenge, no excuse, if one age group is not available you go to the next until numbers are filled, pretty simple if your not wanting to chase a win? Sorry but no excuse to field a team if your all about player development.

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rossonero »

Last edited by rossonero on Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

rossonero wrote:sorry we dont have the luxury to pick from 22+ players from under 9 -10 and 11s,
we have tried contacting players tonight but at such short notice theyre not available.... im quite happy to forfeit and gift them the 3 points, dont have a problem with that.....just explain that to the kids....
Bingo!

justmyopinion
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by justmyopinion »

So you don't have under 9, 10, or 11's, I'm sorry but to say you can't find another 5 - 7 players for a club that wants to compete with the big boys? You make do with what you have, if every club postponed a game because players were sick, unavailable, or on camp we would still be playing catch up games from 2011, anyway do what you want to do, complain, deal with it and move on, it's only under 12's.
Good luck!

bigpond
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by bigpond »

Have to agree with justmyopinion - draw has been out for a few weeks now and coach and parents would have known this fixture was on.

If parents of kids left it until now to tell the coach they are unavailable then shame on them as camps are not organised at the last minute.

Get players from 10 and 11s and like has been said if you can't find 5 players then you got a club problem - why should the other team have to re schedule? Maybe they can't as the program for 12s is pretty busy especially if u have a gd cup run.

Move on and get over it - kids won't dwell on it - looks like you are.

FUBAR
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by FUBAR »

Here's your chance to develop 9, 10 & 11 yo's.

sufc13s
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sufc13s »

I have my doubts that an 8yo playing against 12yo wld even get a touch and seeing how the same very respondants support ssg and rubbish e and d and the main point u make is that ssg get more touches so better dwvelopmenr...... isnt this contradictory to your argument

Baldrick
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Baldrick »

No-one else thinks it's a disgrace for the coach of the opposing team in U12's to show the slightest bit of good sportsmanship by accepting to move the game to another date?

I would have thought that would have set a good example. It is a 'catch up game' after all so the fixture wouldn't have been known.

Everyone's banging on about development but developing sportsmanship and integrity is just as important for the kids on and off the field.

sufc13s
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sufc13s »

Baldrick wrote:No-one else thinks it's a disgrace for the coach of the opposing team in U12's to show the slightest bit of good sportsmanship by accepting to move the game to another date?

I would have thought that would have set a good example. It is a 'catch up game' after all so the fixture wouldn't have been known.

Everyone's banging on about development but developing sportsmanship and integrity is just as important for the kids on and off the field.
+1

bigpond
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by bigpond »

sufc13s wrote:I have my doubts that an 8yo playing against 12yo wld even get a touch and seeing how the same very respondants support ssg and rubbish e and d and the main point u make is that ssg get more touches so better dwvelopmenr...... isnt this contradictory to your argument
Not saying 8 yo - under 10 and 11's - 9 a side and the next step is the 11 a side full pitch after that level.

Again talking for ONE game so to put your best 5 players of 10 and 11 year olds in for 1 game is not going to kill them.

Sportsmanship etc - we are getting told 1 side of the story - always 2 sides to a story.

Like I said schedule might be full for the other team - who knows why they dont want to re-schedule.

Like I said - get over it and move on.

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rossonero »

guys the issues have been resolved and both clubs have agreed to reschedule the game, i am glad common sense has prevailed.
thank you for your opinions.

i have messaged and emailed the admin to have this removed, so i appreciated if there was no more posts made on this topic.

RIDER
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by RIDER »

i understand what you are saying but its the ffsa fault because one year it was a quarter final and we had players away on camp
like you it was an u14 team i requested to the ffsa about moving the game to wed and they told me find away to play,
because the u12 were out of the cup i bought those kids up we lost 2-0 but in my eyes we won on the day.
if you are not concerned about winning bring your u11 up its good for thier development like you say.

RIDER
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by RIDER »

rossonero wrote:we dont have a B team and the under 10 and 11s arent available either
get over it

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rossonero »

we have all agreed and happy, we can move on now.

Rebel with a Cause
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Rebel with a Cause »

rossonero wrote:we have all agreed and happy, we can move on now.
Obviously winning at all cost is your number one priority. The posts you removed were disgraceful and you should be embarrassed by them. Your philosify in coaching 12 year old is badly misguided.

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rossonero »

thanks for your opinion, much appreciated

Rebel with a Cause
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

rossonero wrote:thanks for your opinion, much appreciated
Maybe you can give us your opinion on the U15 Man Cup fiasco orchestrated by your club.
Your headline to this topic is very revelant.

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rossonero »

sorry this is the 1st i have heard about this, they signed a new keeper weeks ago and he was definitely eligible to play under 15s.
im thinking there was an error with the registrations, but then again wouldnt the ffsa have picked that up???? they shouldve worked it out before the tournament started....

Wraith
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Wraith »

rossonero wrote:sorry this is the 1st i have heard about this, they signed a new keeper weeks ago and he was definitely eligible to play under 15s.
im thinking there was an error with the registrations, but then again wouldnt the ffsa have picked that up???? they shouldve worked it out before the tournament started....
Definitely eligible? How old is he?

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rossonero »

he played under 14s last season for another club and was registered as an under 14s player....registration went through as normal....

how does crap like this happen??? :roll:

striker13
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by striker13 »

How old is he? Just because he played u14 last year doesn't mean it was correct last year either.

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rossonero »

he apparently was registered as an u14s player last year and the rego made him elegible to play under 15s this season, there mustve been an error with the previous registration....

i dont like this self registration, if you enter the wrong details the year before it just rolls over to the next year....do they get checked by the FFSA???

Armageddon
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Armageddon »

rossonero wrote:he apparently was registered as an u14s player last year and the rego made him elegible to play under 15s this season, there mustve been an error with the previous registration....

i dont like this self registration, if you enter the wrong details the year before it just rolls over to the next year....do they get checked by the FFSA???

every body knows cewrtain clubs will rort the non-photo card system this year, probably the same clubs that have cheated before.
Good luck FFSA sorting this crap out.
Some clubs & coaches have to win at all costs !

Wraith
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Wraith »

rossonero wrote:he played under 14s last season for another club and was registered as an under 14s player....registration went through as normal....

So how old is he?

Rebel with a Cause
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Wraith wrote:
rossonero wrote:he played under 14s last season for another club and was registered as an under 14s player....registration went through as normal....

So how old is he?
He is 17 this year. In the last decade they've only been caught about 5 times. Book should be thrown at those responsible.