Sat Div 4

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Re: Sat Div 4

Post by God is an Englishman »

Bacon888 wrote:
owtfornowt wrote:
Bacon888 wrote:In Div 4B, there is a bye & a game against a non-existant AU Grey team each round.

If you really want the extra games, find out who that team is, and see if you can have friendlies during that week.

Great Idea and will help keep your B's interested
Thanks. I was thinking outside the box on that one.

Rather than two 4B teams sitting out, I'm sure they'd be interested in playing rather than not.

Isn't that what everyone above is saying - they want more games??
I don't agree but someone once told me that blue text is sarcasm.

owtfornowt
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by owtfornowt »

I don't agree but someone once told me that blue text is sarcasm.[/quote]

Wasn't aware of that. learn something new everyday

Dash Riprock
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Dash Riprock »

Might be better for Strath B's if they only have 14 games the way the pre season has gone ;)

Clever Trevor
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Clever Trevor »

Bacon888 wrote:
gooner4life wrote:
Sean at Strath wrote:Looks like the usual Barossa Pearl again for this division. Only 9 teams and looks like one of those only has an A grade. I don't think teams with just an A grade should be in 2 team divisions. Our B garde will get 14 games only now.
You still didn't say which of the teams you believe doesn't have a reserve team?
I think it's Adelaide Uni Grey. Only because they had grey in Div 4B as a stand alone side a few years back.
Adelaide Uni's website says they had two div 4 teams play against two Grads Blue teams on Saturday, so maybe no extra bye after all?

NorthernPitbullsF.C
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by NorthernPitbullsF.C »

Great to see that we are now a 10 div with northern wolves stepping in,

The extra 2 games a year with no byes will be great.

Looking forward to the year ahead.
Good luck to all teams.

misterb
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by misterb »

NorthernPitbullsF.C wrote:Great to see that we are now a 10 div with northern wolves stepping in,

The extra 2 games a year with no byes will be great.

Looking forward to the year ahead.
Good luck to all teams.
How did you find this out -

Great news if correct :D :D :D :D :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

NorthernPitbullsF.C
Apprentice
Apprentice

Saasl website champ

They have stuffed up in a few fixtures but seem great them coming in.

misterb
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by misterb »

NorthernPitbullsF.C wrote:Saasl website champ

They have stuffed up in a few fixtures but seem great them coming in.

Thanks pitbull - they must have only updated the site over the last day or so - either way that's great news look forward to catching up with you this season.

NorthernPitbullsF.C
Apprentice
Apprentice

Did anyone else receive a letter from the Amature league in the mail this week?

Apparently cobras can't play any of there home games at 1pm and 3pm
And need to play B's at 10.30am and A's at 12.30.

What does everyone think about this?

Clever Trevor
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Clever Trevor »

NorthernPitbullsF.C wrote:Did anyone else receive a letter from the Amature league in the mail this week?

I would be inclined to say that if both teams agree to the earlier kick-off, no problems.
However, if the visiting team don't agree to a change of time, then the match gets played at the opposition's venue (or on the Friday night)

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

NorthernPitbullsF.C wrote:Did anyone else receive a letter from the Amature league in the mail this week?

I would say NO........They knew what they were getting into....Div 4 is not a C division, games should be played at 1.10 and 3pm...

Sean's
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Sean's »

Its not ideal but at least we have had notification about it this time. Two years ago in Div 4 there were a handful of games played at early timeslots and this info was emailed out not posted by the league. Flinders Uni and Strath did not get the emails and had no idea of the changes. Got all worked out in the end but bloody annoying. If I was at Cobras I would be making sure the visiting teams remember this prior to their visit with a text message or email.
2011 - Saturday Division 4 Champions
2010 - Port Elliot Pre-season cup winners

mouny11
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by mouny11 »

round 1 results?

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

King cobra
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by King cobra »

Sorry guys we had no choice as the super league seniors play at 3pm at most of our home games.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

King cobra wrote:Sorry guys we had no choice as the super league seniors play at 3pm at most of our home games.

When do reserves & 19's play?

Adel Cobras SAASL
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Adel Cobras SAASL »

^we can't have another game on whilst the seniors are playing.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Am I hearing this right? So, you have a pitch available at 3pm but your club doesn't want you to play at that time?

Surely that's not right, I've misunderstood you surely. I mean surely you're not asking other teams to change their schedules just because it isn't quite good enough for your club. That would be a ridiculous concept hence I'm sure I've misunderstood you.

reddevil
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by reddevil »

well if the seniors play at three - when do the U18's and reserves play.

Seems a bit odd as most fed teams are 11am for U18 and 1pm for reserves then of course 3pm for seniors?????

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

reddevil wrote:well if the seniors play at three - when do the U18's and reserves play.

Seems a bit odd as most fed teams are 11am for U18 and 1pm for reserves then of course 3pm for seniors?????

Well it sounds like they kick off at the normal times on another pitch but that can't be the case as surely that would mean they could just use that pitch for their saasl games.

If it's how it appears then I think the Div 4 clubs should approach saasl and say it isn't right. They have a pitch but their club doesn't want them using it. They should have asked for their fixtures to not clash with the feds of that is the case.

King cobra
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by King cobra »

The FFSA had said for seniors there can't be two wishles going at the same time it's not the club

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

King cobra wrote:The FFSA had said for seniors there can't be two wishles going at the same time it's not the club

Ridiculous concept, why should the ffsa control what happens in a saasl game. How many games does this happen for, surely not all your games clash with the feds team. Why didn't saasl try to avoid the clashes, they're normally pretty good with things like that.

The General
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by The General »

Can one team play away the weeks the other team is home ?

ExtraTime
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by ExtraTime »

Did the cobras notify the saasl when thier fed side were playing at wiegal reserve

Adel Cobras SAASL
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Adel Cobras SAASL »

Hi guys,

Thanks for your concern on this issue. The arrangement was brought forward to the Saasl who were happy to approve it and notify all of the clubs in our division about the change in kick off time.

This is the arrangement we had to have in order to secure a ground for the season. I am sure the other clubs would rather play us once a year at 12:30 rather than having one less team in the division.

Thanks and good luck for the weekend.

NorthernPitbullsF.C
Apprentice
Apprentice

Our club has spoken to the league and have been told,
'Unless both clubs agree to an alternate KO time'
(Witch is what's ment to happen under the Saasl constitution)

Cobras will lose the points for that game.

Our club has advised the league already that we won't be playing at those time but we have also advised them that our ground is free if they would like to move the location of the game.

Not trying to be difficult but some of our players work in the construction industry and work Saturday mornings. Also some have kids that play Elizabeth & districts witch will clash with the proposed KO times.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Adel Cobras SAASL wrote:Hi guys,

Thanks for your concern on this issue. The arrangement was brought forward to the Saasl who were happy to approve it and notify all of the clubs in our division about the change in kick off time.

This is the arrangement we had to have in order to secure a ground for the season. I am sure the other clubs would rather play us once a year at 12:30 rather than having one less team in the division.

How many weeks do you clash with your feds side, presumably if they are away then the 12:30 ko, is not necessary?

Did you give saasl your feds fixtures and ask them to arrange so that clashes do not occur? they're normally very good at arranging things like that. It could mean you only need one odd kick off time.

hestikame
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by hestikame »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Adel Cobras SAASL wrote:Hi guys,

How many weeks do you clash with your feds side, presumably if they are away then the 12:30 ko, is not necessary?

Did you give saasl your feds fixtures and ask them to arrange so that clashes do not occur? they're normally very good at arranging things like that. It could mean you only need one odd kick off time.
Can't believe everyone behaving the way they are when each team only has to do it once.
Unbelievable, so much for doing things for the good of the game.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Adelaide Cobras FC wrote:Can't believe everyone behaving the way they are when each team only has to do it once.
Unbelievable, so much for doing things for the good of the game.

Did you give saasl your feds fixtures and ask them to arrange so that clashes do not occur? they're normally very good at arranging things like that. It could mean you only need one odd kick off time

hestikame
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by hestikame »

Seriously GIAE what are you quoting?? The SAASL were fully aware of the situation so don't see what the problem is. All these excuses about players working in the building industry etc what a crock of kaka that is. Fixtures come out you work around them like most people do.
It staggers me that so called football people would rather take a forfeit than play the game. Grow up guys play football and leave the crap out of it.