Help with results on internet

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

The real thing
Apprentice
Apprentice

Help with results on internet

Post by The real thing »

I believe the SAASL does a really good job every season & that they are especially busy with registrations this time of the year. However, couldn't they ask clubs for someone to help them get the results onto their website sooner?

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Re: Help with results on internet

Post by swannsong »

Unofficial summary...SAASL require referee paperwork to be submitted for official results...my guess would be that might be Monday or Tuesday before they get most of it.

Round 1 - Sunday Premier Results...
Ingle Farm ( 0 ) Elizabeth Downs ( 1 ) ... reserves ( 1 - 4 )
Modbury Vista ( 6 ) Fulham United ( 1 ) ... reserves ( 5 - 1 )
Pontian Eagles ( 3 ) Elizabeth Vale ( 3 ) ... reserves ( 2 - 5 )
West Beach ( 1 ) Parafield Gardens ( 2 ) ... reserves ( 3 - 3 )
Para hills West ( 0 ) Salisbury Inter ( 0 ) ... reserves ( 0 - 1 )

Round 1 - Sunday Division 2 Results...
Salisbury Florina ( 4 ) Para Hills East ( 2 ) ... reserves ( 2 - 4 )
Para Hills Lions ( 1 ) Southern Knights ( 4 ) ... reserves ( 0 - 4 )
MSSC Blue Eagles ( 3 ) Beograd ( 4 ) ... reserves ( 3 - 1 )
Munno Para ( 2 ) Elizabeth Grove ( 0 ) ... reserves ( 3 - 1 )
Tea Tree Gully ( 1 ) Brahma Lodge ( 1 ) ... reserves ( 1 - 2 )

Round - 1 Sunday Division 3 Results...
Macedonia ( 1 ) BH United ( 0 ) ... reserves ( 4 - 0 )
Port Pirie Savoy ( 2 ) San Marco ( 0 ) ... reserves ( 1 - 2 )
ISC Raptors ( 4 ) Adelaide Young Stars ( 5 ) ... reserves ( 6 - 1 )
Plympton ( 1 ) Angle Vale ( 2 ) ... reserves ( 3 - 2 )
Noarlunga United ( 2 ) South Coast United ( 1 ) ... reserves ( 1 - 0 )

Round - 1 Sunday Division 4 Results...
Polonia ( 9 ) Seaford ( 1 ) ... reserves ( 4 - 0 )
El Salvador ( 0 ) Payneham Post Tel ( 3 ) ... reserves ( 0 - 1 )
Athelstone ( 1 ) Blue Nile ( 2 ) ... reserves ( 0 - 4 )
Ghan ( - ) Asia ( - ) ... reserves ( - )
Adelaide Stingrays ( 1 ) Unley United ( 2 ) ... reserves ( 0 - 3 )

Round 1 - Saturday Premier Results...
St Peters ( 0 ) Wanderers ( 4 ) ... reserves ( 3-3 )
Adelaide Comets ( 4 ) Sturt Marion ( 4 ) ... reserves ( 3-1 )
M.A. Hawks ( 1 ) Adelaide Villa ( 2 ) ... reserves ( 2-2 )
Adelaide Titans ( 1 ) Adelaide Uni ( 5 ) ... reserves ( 2-1 )
Old ignatians ( 3 ) Bosa ( 3 ) ... reserves ( 1-1 )

Round 1 - Saturday Division 2 Results...
Adelaide Pumas ( 0 ) Vipers ( 3 ) ... reserves ( 0-2 )
Stirling ( 4 ) Salisbury Villa ( 1 ) ... reserves ( 6-1 )
Cougars ( 2 ) Red Blue Eagles ( 1 ) ... reserves (called off serious injury)
Modbury Jets ( 5 ) Southern Breakers ( 2 ) ... reserves ( 10-0 )
Gleeson ( 3 ) Monarchs ( 2 ) ... reserves ( 0-3 )
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

kramerica
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by kramerica »

Swansong, if there waiting for the official paperwork to put up results, then why do clubs have to phone in the result on the day of the game?

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

kramerica wrote:Swansong, if there waiting for the official paperwork to put up results, then why do clubs have to phone in the result on the day of the game?
Just guessing, not sure of the process...paperwork has scores, cards, injuries etc...not sure what data has to be entered when.

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

Swanny is doing a great job on the SAASL facebook page, gathers the results, posts them

I plan to (hopefully by next week) have most leagues tables on our website which I will endeavour to get done on Sunday nights on our club website - havent finished setting it up yet. Might do the top 6 divisions of Sunday and div 1 and 2 for Saturday + div 9 over 35s Sunday.

All depends on people posting their results from all 3 teams on here

Steward
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Steward »

This is simply not good enough!

They should engage the services of an IT company and enable a live submit feature on their website.

Instead of clubs calling in the results they could instead log in via the web using their approved login details as supplied by SAASL. They could each enter the results for their own game. If both clubs enter the results accurately then that could automatically update the rest of the website as required. If there was a discrepancy, then it would have to be flagged as TBC and dealt with a real person on the phone on the next available business day.

Enough is enough, its time to be more professional. After all this is the Amateur league!

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

The forum is an excellent way to get results circulated....what it really needs is one person from each club (or game) to post in their results ASAP (in one thread) and keep debates on games, referees, spectators, players etc in another thread(s) to avoid cluttering the results thread with opinions :D

bench-warmer
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by bench-warmer »

kramerica wrote:Swansong, if there waiting for the official paperwork to put up results, then why do clubs have to phone in the result on the day of the game?
Isn't that for the newspaper results?

I haven't looked at the paper for ages. Pretty much since I found this forum.
Because everyone needs one.

The Budapestian
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by The Budapestian »

Cutting the cost to save money thats what the amateur league office is all about. hiring pro it person...no way!!

Some one effeliated dont know his name or what club his from has set up a div 3 facebook group, it allows all div 3 clubs to be informed of scores, news etc.. anf we can all join join and comment on stuff etc.
our table was updated the following sunday...

good way to go rather then waiting for saasl or trying to update 10 divisions...or whatever.

great job to the admin of saasl div 3 group

ExtraTime
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by ExtraTime »

Steward wrote:This is simply not good enough!

They should engage the services of an IT company and enable a live submit feature on their website.

Instead of clubs calling in the results they could instead log in via the web using their approved login details as supplied by SAASL. They could each enter the results for their own game. If both clubs enter the results accurately then that could automatically update the rest of the website as required. If there was a discrepancy, then it would have to be flagged as TBC and dealt with a real person on the phone on the next available business day.

Enough is enough, its time to be more professional. After all this is the Amateur league!
Instead of bitching about it .. Why not volunteer your time and do it ....

Steward
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Steward »

bloodypassit wrote:

Are you that dumb? Could you not detect the scarcasm in my post, particularly in the last sentence?

oh my god :shock:

PASC
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PASC »

Steward wrote:
bloodypassit wrote:

Are you that dumb? Could you not detect the scarcasm in my post, particularly in the last sentence?

oh my god :shock:
i was waiting .... and there it is..
just didnt think it would be anyone with that post count.... hmm then again..
:lol: :lol:
God is an Englishman wrote: As for me being a tosser on this forum, it's not just on the forum. I'm a tosser in real life as well.

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

The tables are up on the SAASL website today.

I have started to set up a page for league tables that so far includes Sunday Premier A & B; Div 2 A & B; Div 3 A & B; Sumday Division 6 & 9; will still add some more divisions; once the teams are in it is quick and easy to update results as long as everyone posts them here

You can bookmark this address fo quick reference but I will post it every week so we can get the league tables done the same day
http://ifasc.com.au/league-tables-2/

POLONIAROCS
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by POLONIAROCS »

Before you all shoot me down I am currently with the CSL league but have played in the SAASL before.

One thing that the CSL has started this year is that all teams must enter their results via the web.

Teams are doing this instantly after the game via their phones. Tables are updated straight away.

Checks are done later on. Teams are also then putting in starting lineups / goal scorers and cautions.

All this can then track and produce reports instantly and is not left to one person to do it all.

The SAASL is a good league and should invest in something like this. Its not expensive.

Have a look at the CSL website

lefty
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by lefty »

POLONIAROCS wrote:Before you all shoot me down I am currently with the CSL league but have played in the SAASL before.

One thing that the CSL has started this year is that all teams must enter their results via the web.

Teams are doing this instantly after the game via their phones. Tables are updated straight away.

Checks are done later on. Teams are also then putting in starting lineups / goal scorers and cautions.

All this can then track and produce reports instantly and is not left to one person to do it all.

The SAASL is a good league and should invest in something like this. Its not expensive.

Have a look at the CSL website
That's typical of our sport in SA everyone doing something different surely we can all just use sporting pulse then you can check results on one site but that would be sensible. :roll:
I eat football, I sleep football, I breathe football. I'm not mad, I'm just passionate....Thierry Henry

easily bored
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by easily bored »

Im sure the AFL dont wait for paperwork to come in to update their website with results. I hate waiting three days for updates but then again im easily bored.

POLONIAROCS
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by POLONIAROCS »

Sporting Pulse is a good option. I didnt say that you have to copy the CSL but its just to get ideas. I wanted the CSL to use sporting pulse but they decided to go down a different path.

The best thing for the SAASL is to get something going where results can be seen quickly and its not left up to someone to to all the data entry. Clubs will do it.

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

easily bored wrote:Im sure the AFL dont wait for paperwork to come in to update their website with results. I hate waiting three days for updates but then again im easily bored.
It helps that all AFL games are telecast.

PASC
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PASC »

Bacon888 wrote:
easily bored wrote:Im sure the AFL dont wait for paperwork to come in to update their website with results. I hate waiting three days for updates but then again im easily bored.
It helps that all AFL games are telecast.
:lol:
God is an Englishman wrote: As for me being a tosser on this forum, it's not just on the forum. I'm a tosser in real life as well.

easily bored
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by easily bored »

When a site like livescores.com can update scores from deeepest congo and outer mongolia instantly, surely saasl can do similar.

Outer Mongolia was not a reference to similar named club from Argana pk.

BPBC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BPBC »

considering the SAASL provide scores to the Advertiser for Monday, where there is no chance to make ammendments if it was incorrect, i'd say not updating the website shouldnt be for that reason. Probably the most likely thing is they dont have the time or resources until this time of the week.

If you feel that strongly then maybe its something that can be bought up at AGM, though im sure it would mean dipping into profits or even an increase in fees.

On the other hand I dont find it that hard to check on here Sunday night

sephiroth
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sephiroth »

compare SAASL and SAAFL. apples and oranges. both claim to be the biggest of their kind in Australia.

miles apart with professionalism, money involved, and how they are run as an organisation.

Fresh Football
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Fresh Football »

Which ever way you look at it, all results need to be verified & cross checked - by a human.
To save two clubs calling, pay the ref an extra $0.50 and they could call in the results or could do the log-in... Sounds like you know how to fix it, why not prepare and send in your proposal?
Adelaide Wanderers
2005 COLLEGIATE CUP CHAMPIONS
2006 CHAMPIONS Sat Div 2 A
2006 DIVISIONAL CHAMPIONS
2006 CHAMPIONS Sat Div 2 B
2008 CHAMPIONS Sat Div 1 A
2008 CHAMPIONS OF CHAMPIONS
2013 CHALLENGE CUP QUARTER FINALISTS
http://www.adelaidewanderers.com

PASC
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PASC »

Fresh Football wrote:

Which ever way you look at it, all results need to be verified & cross checked - by a human.
To save two clubs calling, pay the ref an extra $0.50 and they could call in the results or could do the log-in... Sounds like you know how to fix it, why not prepare and send in your proposal?
do u need to be told as well???

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Brian the Postman »

PASC wrote:
Fresh Football wrote:

do u need to be told as well???
To be fair blue text should have been used.
It's all in the Delivery!

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

already an error in sunday div 1 reserves, vista won 5-1 over fulham, not 4-1 as listed
ImageImage

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

DOC wrote:already an error in sunday div 1 reserves, vista won 5-1 over fulham, not 4-1 as listed
It was right in my summary above :D

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

swannsong wrote:
DOC wrote:already an error in sunday div 1 reserves, vista won 5-1 over fulham, not 4-1 as listed
It was right in my summary above :D
Cos it's going to be very hard to take a goal away from vista09 after the game he had 8)
ImageImage

Se7en
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Se7en »

SAASL app with live scores would be the go. Wishful thinking I know. Maybe in my lifetime

sephiroth
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sephiroth »

sephiroth wrote:compare SAASL and SAAFL. apples and oranges. both claim to be the biggest of their kind in Australia.

miles apart with professionalism, money involved, and how they are run as an organisation.
the solution is directing the $1.2m of resources to hire competent staff!!!!!!