R.I.P. Chrissy Amphlett (Divinyls)

Forum for the discussion of music, video and photography related topics

Moderators: adam, Forum Admins

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

R.I.P. Chrissy Amphlett (Divinyls)

Post by swannsong »

Lost her battle with the big C.... and MS.

The Good Die Young
Chrissy Amphlett wrote: Unfortunately the last 18 months have been a real challenge for me having breast cancer and MS and all the new places that will take you.You become sadly a patient in a world of waiting rooms,waiting sometimes hours for a result or an appointment and you spend a lot time in cold machines like MRI,CT machines,hospital beds,on your knees praying for miracles,operating rooms,tests after tests,looking at healthy people skip down the street like you once did and you took it all for granted and now wish you could do that.
I have not stopped singing throughout all this in my dreams and to be once again performing and doing what I love to do.I have been writing the occassional song with a wonderful collaborator Kraig Jarret and two weeks ago we performed some of those songs in NYC in the West Village.My illnesses have really exhausted this little body of mine that I have thrown from one end of a stage to another and performed thousands of shows thats sadly some of you missed.With that said I am getting stronger but there is still some fine tuning and work to be done on myself.It's a different self but my voice is strong and not affected by the MS as some reviewers have cruelly reported.I can walk altho sometimes I wobble but try to wobble with the beat.I look after myself and my husband has been through this with me every part of the way and I cannot imagine what I would have done without him and his kindness.I did something right.My lttle dog Holiday lays on the end of the bed when I am not feeling great and doesn't leave my side.I don't reach out to people and talk about what I go through as we are all going through something and for someone who once was fancy free I have all of this in my life "So I Know".I am grateful to have the knowledge that all of this has shown me and I feel privledged that I am strong enough to "know" and share that it's really alright.I will sing again,I will perform again but this time "I know" I hope you understand what I mean and if you don't you will one day and be grateful.Yes Lawrence What A Life and this is Life.We must never be afraid....Chrissy Amphlett
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: R.I.P. Chrissy Amphlett (Divinyls)

Post by Stitch This »

Rock on Chrissy.
Time for some righteous indignation

johnydep
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by johnydep »

Thanks for the music and the memories Chrissy.

bob saget
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by bob saget »

ABC's iView has their Rage tribute up for the rest of the month
http://www.abc.net.au/iview/#/view/33139