sat div 3

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Dils001
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Re: sat div 3

Post by Dils001 »

USC Lion 2 - 0 Torrens Valley
Hahndorf 2 - 4 Budapest
Murray Bridge 3 - 1 Adelaide Uni
Angkor 4 - 3 Hazara
One Tree Hill 1 - 4 Flinders

Sacred Noodle
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Sacred Noodle »

thegraveyard wrote:USC v Torrens Valley - USC too easy in this slugfest 2-0
Hahndorf v Budapest - Budapest will travel back down the freeway with a comfortable 3-1 victory.
Murray V Adel Uni - Murray should hold on in a close contest 1-0.
Angkor V Hazara - Angkor will be too strong for hazara in this contest, no ifs or BUTTS about it ;)

Your pointing the FINGER directly at Hazara I take it ... stick it right UP em :D

thepetulantmagpie
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by thepetulantmagpie »

Lion by three
Hahndorf/Budapest score draw
Adelaide Uni by two
Angkor by three
OTH/Flinders score draw

Sacred Noodle
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Sacred Noodle »

As Hahndorf 1 Budapest 6

Bs Hahndorf 1 Budapest 2

Good wins by Buda considering how many key outs we had Bs had 137 years of age from just two players ..!

Caretaker Coach
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Caretaker Coach »

Sacred Noodle wrote:As Hahndorf 1 Budapest 6

Bs Hahndorf 1 Budapest 2

Good wins by Buda considering how many key outs we had Bs had 137 years of age from just two players ..!

mustve been the 2 speedy wingers that they couldnt catch ?

TVSC Rams
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by TVSC Rams »

A - USC Lion 4-1 T Valley
B - USC Lion 6-2 T Valley

Dils001
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Dils001 »

A grade - Murray Bridge 1-1 Uni

B Grade - 0-5?

A grade was a close game with bridge failing to convert the lead

othsc4life
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by othsc4life »

OTH B 2-3 Flinders B
Flinders probably looking the better side for large parts of the game. Much bigger, more physical side. They were well organised n moved the ball well. Deserved the win

OTH A 4-4 Flinders A
for the second week in a row the Billie goats have taken a 3 goal advantage at 4-1 up early in the second half only to lose a bit of composure, fail to shut the game down n walk away with just a point. Couple of injuries for OTH may have contributed who knows. But a great game, good figet back by Flinders. Another ten minutes n Flinders May have even snatched it in the end but both teams walk away all level.

owtfornowt
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by owtfornowt »

othsc4life wrote:OTH B 2-3 Flinders B
Flinders probably looking the better side for large parts of the game. Much bigger, more physical side. They were well organised n moved the ball well. Deserved the win

OTH A 4-4 Flinders A
for the second week in a row the Billie goats have taken a 3 goal advantage at 4-1 up early in the second half only to lose a bit of composure, fail to shut the game down n walk away with just a point. Couple of injuries for OTH may have contributed who knows. But a great game, good figet back by Flinders. Another ten minutes n Flinders May have even snatched it in the end but both teams walk away all level.

B's game was 1-3 Flinders. OTH B's got some good youngsters coming through future looking strong for the club.

Euromaiden
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Euromaiden »

owtfornowt wrote:

OTH A 4-4 Flinders A

B's game was 1-3 Flinders. OTH B's got some good youngsters coming through future looking strong for the club.
Blur text usually stands for sarcasm lol I guess your serious though

owtfornowt
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by owtfornowt »

Buda_rookie wrote:
owtfornowt wrote:

OTH A 4-4 Flinders A

Blur text usually stands for sarcasm lol I guess your serious though
Sorry boys still on the learning curve. Yea i was serious the best team we played against so far IMO

othsc4life
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by othsc4life »

owtfornowt wrote:

OTH A 4-4 Flinders A

yeh thanks mate. we are a pretty young club in many respects. its only our 3rd season with seniors, the club has had juniors for 15 years now. our first season we had 1 side, last season had 2 seniors sides and this year we have managed 3 sides. so things are looking great in terms of the growth of the club. many of our players are ex juniors which is also a big plus for us, but as a whole we do have quite a young playing group. throughout our B grade and A grade I reckon theres only one guy over 30 which is our A grade keeper, and many of those are well below 25. so like you said the future does look strong

Euromaiden
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Euromaiden »

So othsc soccer club on the way to the graveyard this week. We have already allocated a site for the remains 8)

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

Buda_rookie wrote:So othsc soccer club on the way to the graveyard this week. We have already allocated a site for the remains 8)
I thought it was you guys buried after the cup round on the weekend.... :P

The General
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by The General »

Steve#6 wrote:
Buda_rookie wrote:So othsc soccer club on the way to the graveyard this week. We have already allocated a site for the remains 8)

Maybe it was a good weekend to be buried, and then come back to life again..............irony (Greek Orthodox Easter ) ?

Sacred Noodle
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Sacred Noodle »

Steve#6 wrote:

True.. however considering we played our Reserve team v Raptors A's due to injuries to A's and then deciding to rest all the others was a predictable result :wink:

othsc4life
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by othsc4life »

Sacred Noodle wrote:
Steve#6 wrote:

True.. however considering we played our Reserve team v Raptors A's due to injuries to A's and then deciding to rest all the others was a predictable result :wink:
so it was a predictable result not due to the fact that they were a far better side than you? Ya see OTH lost in cup because we could only compete for half a game, and fell apart in the 2nd half... over 90 minutes we were beaten by a far better side. don't tell me youre one of these clubs who always has an excuse? wonder what itll be this weekend...perhaps the ref will get the blame? or the grim reaper was on vacation from the graveyard, n the guy filling in just wasn't up to the job of burying anyone. obviously wont be the teams fault though :P

Caretaker Coach
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Caretaker Coach »

I thought it was you guys buried after the cup round on the weekend.... :P[/quote]

True.. however considering we played our Reserve team v Raptors A's due to injuries to A's and then deciding to rest all the others was a predictable result :wink:[/quote]

so it was a predictable result not due to the fact that they were a far better side than you? Ya see OTH lost in cup because we could only compete for half a game, and fell apart in the 2nd half... over 90 minutes we were beaten by a far better side. don't tell me youre one of these clubs who always has an excuse? wonder what itll be this weekend...perhaps the ref will get the blame? or the grim reaper was on vacation from the graveyard, n the guy filling in just wasn't up to the job of burying anyone. obviously wont be the teams fault though :P[/quote]

Resting players ? after only 3 games, are you serious ?

Euromaiden
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Euromaiden »

Just having a laugh lads :lol:

The General
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by The General »

you guys must bury your chances at the graveyard, or prepare to write your epitah.

Sacred Noodle
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Sacred Noodle »

quote]

so it was a predictable result not due to the fact that they were a far better side than you? Ya see OTH lost in cup because we could only compete for half a game, and fell apart in the 2nd half... over 90 minutes we were beaten by a far better side. don't tell me youre one of these clubs who always has an excuse? wonder what itll be this weekend...perhaps the ref will get the blame? or the grim reaper was on vacation from the graveyard, n the guy filling in just wasn't up to the job of burying anyone. obviously wont be the teams fault though :P[/quote]

Yawn ... your pretty confident your going to get the win arn't you OTH .....maybe you will maybe you wont ... will know by about 5pm Sat I guess .. we are definitely not underestimating you guys as you may have seen from previous posts.

.... of cause Raptors were a for better team .... put your team against our reserves or vice versa and would be a similar result perhaps ... anyway go shiraz ing your self and see you tomorrow :D

othsc4life
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by othsc4life »

Sacred Noodle wrote:quote]

so it was a predictable result not due to the fact that they were a far better side than you? Ya see OTH lost in cup because we could only compete for half a game, and fell apart in the 2nd half... over 90 minutes we were beaten by a far better side. don't tell me youre one of these clubs who always has an excuse? wonder what itll be this weekend...perhaps the ref will get the blame? or the grim reaper was on vacation from the graveyard, n the guy filling in just wasn't up to the job of burying anyone. obviously wont be the teams fault though :P
Yawn ... your pretty confident your going to get the win arn't you OTH .....maybe you will maybe you wont ... will know by about 5pm Sat I guess .. we are definitely not underestimating you guys as you may have seen from previous posts.

.... of cause Raptors were a for better team .... put your team against our reserves or vice versa and would be a similar result perhaps ... anyway go shiraz ing your self and see you tomorrow :D[/quote]

well its midday on Saturday, so probably by the time this gets read everyone will know the result of the Budapest OTH game... but if we aren't going into a game confident then we are already all but beaten. we have to be confident. some results this season haven't gone our way but we still have to look at the fact we are undefeated and take confidence in that. obviously you guys are also undefeated I am lead to believe, so we are under no illusions that we will have to be playing well to beat you. looking forward to the game and hopefully for our sake the result falls our way :)

Sacred Noodle
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Sacred Noodle »

Bs Budapest 3 OTH 1

As Budapest 3 OTH 3

During the game thought Buda would run away with it credit to OTH got out to 2-3 up before Buda got another ...good game by both undefeated sides rght to the end -

theREDhaj
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by theREDhaj »

B's Hazara 2 Lion 1
A's Hazara 1 Lion 4

Hazara were at it again, filthy pricks. Spitting in the face and finger up the bum.

That doesn't even include kicking players behind play and blows to the head. I will admit that some of our players retaliated but only being provoked to begin with.

They don't deserve to play in this League.

I suggest every team who plays against them to get an official linsman as the referee can't see everything.

Clever Trevor
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Clever Trevor »

Given the fingers up the bum has happened in several matches, I hope each team has put a written report in to the league. The weight behind a letter after nearly every game surely should mean something will get done

Euromaiden
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Euromaiden »

othsc4life wrote:
Sacred Noodle wrote:quote]

.... of cause Raptors were a for better team .... put your team against our reserves or vice versa and would be a similar result perhaps ... anyway go shiraz ing your self and see you tomorrow :D
well its midday on Saturday, so probably by the time this gets read everyone will know the result of the Budapest OTH game... but if we aren't going into a game confident then we are already all but beaten. we have to be confident. some results this season haven't gone our way but we still have to look at the fact we are undefeated and take confidence in that. obviously you guys are

also undefeated I am lead to believe, so we are under no illusions that we will have to be playing well to beat you. looking forward to the game and hopefully for our sake the result falls our way :)[/quote]

All banter aside what a cracker of a game yesterday. Played in good spirit by both teams

othsc4life
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by othsc4life »

Buda_rookie wrote:
All banter aside what a cracker of a game yesterday. Played in good spirit by both teams
ah yeah no doubt the game was a cracker. the ref in the first half of the B grade was certainly interesting, lets just say that much haha. But yeah the A grade game, first half was good tight football with neither team really giving too much up. don't think either keeper was tested all that much, apart from the goal for OTH. We felt good in the break, pretty confident. The second half started n suddenly the game was totally different. you boys ran out hard n bagged a couple quick ones whilst we were still in the half time sheds, we just didn't switch back on quick enough. and from there the game went up 3 or 4 gears, the intensity and pace of the game went through the roof. It was end to end stuff really and at 3-2 to OTH I thought we had ya, thought we had just done enough to sneak over the line. But credit where credits due, you guys kept coming back, kept fighting n bagged the equaliser late on.

and yeh the banter is all just a sideshow really. but going in to the games ya wonder who the guys you stir cabernet with on the forum are, and if they are the people your playing against, or perhaps even man marking lol. All adds to the fun of it, I don't take too much on this forum seriously tbh

Shintaro
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Shintaro »

Clever Trevor wrote:Given the fingers up the bum has happened in several matches, I hope each team has put a written report in to the league. The weight behind a letter after nearly every game surely should mean something will get done
Free prostrate checks

surely something must be done about this mob, it seems to happen almost every week

othsc4life
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by othsc4life »

Shintaro wrote:
Clever Trevor wrote:Given the fingers up the bum has happened in several matches, I hope each team has put a written report in to the league. The weight behind a letter after nearly every game surely should mean something will get done
Free prostrate checks

surely something must be done about this mob, it seems to happen almost every week
has anyone, or does anyone know of anyone who has actually put a report in to league, and has there been any feed back or results come from it? because this sounds like a situation that could seriously get out of hand. the fingers up the bum, ive heard punching and spitting... theres going to be a riot one day!

Euromaiden
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Euromaiden »

othsc4life wrote:
Shintaro wrote:
Free prostrate checks

has anyone, or does anyone know of anyone who has actually put a report in to league, and has there been any feed back or results come from it? because this sounds like a situation that could seriously get out of hand. the fingers up the bum, ive heard punching and spitting... theres going to be a riot one day!
Speaking to a lad from lion on saturday i think they are putting a report in. I would hope other teams follow suit