metro under13's

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

cornerflag
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

metro under13's

Post by cornerflag »

why did metro under 13's lose points against adelaide city?

sufc13s
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: metro under13's

Post by sufc13s »

no idea I wondered this also..

mobiles67
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by mobiles67 »

The Metro Coach put together a list of 15 players plus 2 goalkeepers (who were to play a half each) on the team sheet. Hence 17 players were listed on the team sheet. The coach and Team manager were not familiar with the 101 rules and sub clauses under the FFSA Rules and Regulations however a club is not allowed to nominate 17 players on the team sheet therefore were deducted points.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

Doesn't the teamsheet only have enough spaces for the maximum number allowed??
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

eam03
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by eam03 »

That's a bit harsh for Metros, yes there is only 16 spots for players on the team sheet, you would think Metros would of been given a warning rather then have points taken away.

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

eam03 wrote:That's a bit harsh for Metros, yes there is only 16 spots for players on the team sheet, you would think Metros would of been given a warning rather then have points taken away.
After last years fun and games with the U17s they can probably count themselves lucky.
Time for some righteous indignation

bandito
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by bandito »

What happened last year involved a few not the whole club. Lets also remember that there are new volunteers/coaches every year who may not be familiar and genuine mistakes can happen (which is probably what happened in this case......we are talking about Under 13's and I am sure that they would not voluntarily give up 3 points)......its about time that people stopped judging the whole club by the actions of a few.....otherwise if we all went looking a I am sure that there are nice person coaches and idiots at other clubs that have been encountered....should we keep on about those people and judge the club from their actions......I think not!

Ibelieve
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Ibelieve »

bandito wrote:What happened last year involved a few not the whole club. Lets also remember that there are new volunteers/coaches every year who may not be familiar and genuine mistakes can happen (which is probably what happened in this case......we are talking about Under 13's and I am sure that they would not voluntarily give up 3 points)......its about time that people stopped judging the whole club by the actions of a few.....otherwise if we all went looking a I am sure that there are nice person coaches and idiots at other clubs that have been encountered....should we keep on about those people and judge the club from their actions......I think not!
Sorry, you're incorrect! Even as a volunteer or paid role, it's up to the club to educate their people.
Communication is vital, and as is at most clubs there's roles that those clubs have chosen for designated people to educate team managers and coaches on all these matters. We all make mistakes, but with modern technology, clubs representatives are a phone call away. Just like today's workplace environments. Who we work for, our employer is responsible for us. But, the employer is the one who gets maximum fines (as does the employee on certain situations too).
But i fully understand where your coming from, I to have stuffed up in the past, that's why I'm not involved anywhere no longer.
In the future, clubs will have the responsibility to conduct induction processes and for volunteers, coaches etc. it's the way society is heading.
And yes, Metro is a great club! Fantastic people there too! That's why they have many volunteers there.

Armageddon
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Armageddon »

Ibelieve wrote:
bandito wrote:What happened last year involved a few not the whole club. Lets also remember that there are new volunteers/coaches every year who may not be familiar and genuine mistakes can happen (which is probably what happened in this case......we are talking about Under 13's and I am sure that they would not voluntarily give up 3 points)......its about time that people stopped judging the whole club by the actions of a few.....otherwise if we all went looking a I am sure that there are nice person coaches and idiots at other clubs that have been encountered....should we keep on about those people and judge the club from their actions......I think not!
Sorry, you're incorrect! Even as a volunteer or paid role, it's up to the club to educate their people.
Communication is vital, and as is at most clubs there's roles that those clubs have chosen for designated people to educate team managers and coaches on all these matters. We all make mistakes, but with modern technology, clubs representatives are a phone call away. Just like today's workplace environments. Who we work for, our employer is responsible for us. But, the employer is the one who gets maximum fines (as does the employee on certain situations too).
But i fully understand where your coming from, I to have stuffed up in the past, that's why I'm not involved anywhere no longer.
In the future, clubs will have the responsibility to conduct induction processes and for volunteers, coaches etc. it's the way society is heading.
And yes, Metro is a great club! Fantastic people there too! That's why they have many volunteers there.
Settle ladies.....Metro aint half as dodgy as some !
Probably an innocent mistake, wasnt like they were cheating with overage players .

ikon
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by ikon »

bit harsh to lose points....

rules are rules i guess.

sammo1010
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by sammo1010 »

:) metros arent going to win anyway

FK Partizan
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by FK Partizan »

sammo1010 wrote::) metros arent going to win anyway
These boys do not deserve comments like yours.
Just think ..... These are 12 y/o boys that fought hard.
"At last England have appointed a manager who speaks English better than the players" - On the appointment of Sven-Goran Eriksson.

The moyesiah
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by The moyesiah »

I thought points didn't matter

mobiles67
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by mobiles67 »

Armageddon wrote:
Ibelieve wrote:
Settle ladies.....Metro aint half as dodgy as some !
Probably an innocent mistake, wasnt like they were cheating with overage players .
Believe it or not these boys have had the same coach 5 years in a row.
It was also the only win they had this season and to have their only 3 points stripped was very harsh.

Maybe some coaching development is in order.....LOL

SID
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SID »

I think it's very poor of the ffsa to make the decision they have....
There was no over age players playing or unregistered players playing ...
I am not aware that there is a limit to how many subs you can have in juniors ?