sunday results round 10

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Not so special one
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Re: sunday results round 10

Post by Not so special one »

Payneham Postel 2 El Salvador 2 (1-2)

Hit the Post
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Hit the Post »

Wraith wrote:
Karmann Ghia wrote:Pontians 2
Vale 0

Changes have changed the team!!!
Bravo Pontians
I stand corrected with the new signings, they must of worked a treat today :?

pecker_23
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by pecker_23 »

A good hard game of football was played out between the Grove and Munno Para yesterday. The referee let a few early challenges go without reprimand, thus setting the precedent for the rest of the match – could easily have been a few more yellows dished out either way. Great character shown by the Grove lads in the last 10 minutes.

A special thanks to the Doolan family and the one other Munno Para supporter that came in the club for a drink after the game. By far the worst showing of any club we’ve had visit this year. This is particularly disappointing when you flash back to round 1 where every single Grove A grade player and a bunch of our supporters went in for a drink after our disappointing 2-0 loss.

Adding insult to that, when Tom Radford made his post- match speech and gave out their awards in round 1, he made mention of our good showing and promised to return the favour.

I’ll lock this one away in the memory bank.

bigpond
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by bigpond »

Unfortunately due to a family committment was not at the Fulham v Vista game yesterday.

This sets up a huge game for us this week against Pontians - really is must win for us.

Im sure it will be a great game.

BANYA
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BANYA »

pecker_23 wrote:A good hard game of football was played out between the Grove and Munno Para yesterday. The referee let a few early challenges go without reprimand, thus setting the precedent for the rest of the match – could easily have been a few more yellows dished out either way. Great character shown by the Grove lads in the last 10 minutes.

A special thanks to the Doolan family and the one other Munno Para supporter that came in the club for a drink after the game. By far the worst showing of any club we’ve had visit this year. This is particularly disappointing when you flash back to round 1 where every single Grove A grade player and a bunch of our supporters went in for a drink after our disappointing 2-0 loss.

Adding insult to that, when Tom Radford made his post- match speech and gave out their awards in round 1, he made mention of our good showing and promised to return the favour.

I’ll lock this one away in the memory bank.
Memory bank away mate, look don't know who you are but... I came in 5-10mins after game, bought a beer looked around and no-one in club. Had a chat and a smoke with a few lads outside the club. Went back bought another beer still no-one in club, all supporters and were standing on the field for 20-30mins after game. Sorry if I have offended you but couldn't stay any longer than the 30mins I hung around after the game... Good Chicken Cheese burgers there too... In regards to the players I'm pretty sure they were pissed off they couldn't get a shower after the game so they headed back to our club or home to have a shower. Before you say showers were provided go have a look in there mate. Wouldn't wash my dog in that... Regardless all the best for the year...
WHY DO THEY CALL IT OVALTINE? I MEAN ITS ROUND, WHY DONT THEY CALL IT ROUNDTINE.

pecker_23
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by pecker_23 »

Memory bank away mate, look don't know who you are but... I came in 5-10mins after game, bought a beer looked around and no-one in club. Had a chat and a smoke with a few lads outside the club. Went back bought another beer still no-one in club, all supporters and were standing on the field for 20-30mins after game. Sorry if I have offended you but couldn't stay any longer than the 30mins I hung around after the game... Good Chicken Cheese burgers there too... In regards to the players I'm pretty sure they were pissed off they couldn't get a shower after the game so they headed back to our club or home to have a shower. Before you say showers were provided go have a look in there mate. Wouldn't wash my dog in that... Regardless all the best for the year...
I'll admit the away change rooms are a dox bog, but there is far worse going around. You may have to take up your shower concerns with the City of Playford... not all of us are lucky enough to get building and lighting upgrades every year. I can assure you our major sponsor over a number of years Dux has kept the hot water flowing exceptionally well in that change room.

Besides, Munno Para players don't shower anyway :lol:

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

updated results on the league table page:
Sunday Premier and Reserves
Sunday Div 2
Sunday Div 3
Sunday Div 4
Sunday Division 6 (C Team)
Sunday Division 7 (C and C2 Teams)
Sunday Division 9 (Over 35's)

UPDATED TABLES LINK

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

pecker_23 wrote:
I'll admit the away change rooms are a dox bog, but there is far worse going around. You may have to take up your shower concerns with the City of Playford... not all of us are lucky enough to get building and lighting upgrades every year. I can assure you our major sponsor over a number of years Dux has kept the hot water flowing exceptionally well in that change room.

There's not too many worse going around - in the top 2 divs anyway.
Most clubs actually clean (or pay for a cleaner) for their showers/change rooms. I can't remember the last time I showered at your ground because of the filth.

English
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by English »

Fkin hell even Lions have clean showers :lol:

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

pecker_23 wrote:

It's all hot water off a Dux back at the Grove then :wink:
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

English wrote:Fkin hell even Lions have clean showers :lol:
only thing they have this season
ImageImage

MP Magician 13
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by MP Magician 13 »

Besides, Munno Para players don't shower anyway :lol:[/quote]

You really are a moronic twat. MP don't get building & lighting upgrades every year.
The ref had a shocker, as for staying around I also was there for 20-25 mins before leaving. Would have stayed around longer but didn't wanna spend my Sunday arvo/evening standing out on an oval (I stopped that cabernet in high school) maybe get people into your club and fix your shower problem, and others may have stayed and may stay in the future.......

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

Red Star wrote:Beograd - blue eagles

Bs Beograd forefit

As 0-3
Hope you don't need to forfeit this week? A day with the kids beckons if there's no B's game
Are you Bodo in disguise?

Guess Who
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Guess Who »

English wrote:Fkin hell even Lions have clean showers :lol:
But no hot water :|

safehands
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by safehands »

pecker_23 wrote:

pecker_23 wrote:

You are an absolute muppet. You actually do have two fairly decent change rooms down there at the Grove, yet for whatever reason you used one for your a's and one for the the rest of your teams. You the made all the away teams change in the little box out the back, with 2 lousy showers. As I am sure most of you at the Grove probably don't think there is anything wrong with those conditions, but as you say, locked away in the memory for next year, as I have stated in another thread, I expect you will still be in div2 next year after all. I would say that I have stayed for a drink at every away game this year, I stopped in the bar and bought 2 after the game. I drank I one there and as it did not look like people were in any rush to come in I went back outside and headed home to shower and assess my injury.

Good luck to your club I do wish you all the best for the rest of the season, and look forward to playing you next year.
'Winning doesn't really matter as long as you win.' - VINNY JONES
'It was like the ref had a brand new yellow card and wanted to see if it worked.' - RICHARD RUFUS

ExtraTime
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by ExtraTime »

Hope all is well with the Para Hill Lions keeper. Missed the game and trip down south due to a tooth ache

But by all accounts enjoyed watching the Florina vs East game

Talk Is Cheap
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Talk Is Cheap »

bloodypassit wrote:Hope all is well with the Para Hill Lions keeper. Missed the game and trip down south due to a tooth ache

Do you enjoy stirring up shit. ?
Regardless of your sources why would you even print that ?
Getting heavy with 9 teams above you ?
Steven C Gull

Adolt Hıtler
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Adolt Hıtler »

It makes me wonder.
If this username offends you does Saloth Sar. At least that is the name of someone that exists.

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

Wir Sind Helden wrote:It makes me wonder.
Time for some righteous indignation

Adolt Hıtler
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Adolt Hıtler »

Don't know German craftsmanship. :P
If this username offends you does Saloth Sar. At least that is the name of someone that exists.

ExtraTime
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by ExtraTime »

Talk Is Cheap wrote:
bloodypassit wrote:Hope all is well with the Para Hill Lions keeper. Missed the game and trip down south due to a tooth ache

Do you enjoy stirring up shit. ?
Regardless of your sources why would you even print that ?
Getting heavy with 9 teams above you ?
Bloody oath it's getting heavy .....

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Don't know about you but I had a tooth abcess early this year and it was the most pain I've ever been in.
“Well done lad, but remember, you’re still only half as good as I was” – Dixie Dean to Bob Latchford after his 30th league goal in ’78