Polonia - Blue Nile abandoned Div 4

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

the_gun
Club Captain
Club Captain

Polonia - Blue Nile abandoned Div 4

Post by the_gun »

Game abandoned. One of the Blue Nile players decided he felt like punching one of our guys in the head after he was red carded. Apparently happened against Seaford a few weeks back as well.

how many times is saasl going to allow this to happen.... :roll:

Anyway Polonia 2 - Blue Nile 0 with about 15m to go.

B's

Polonia 0 - Blue Nile 1

Jinky Bhoy
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Re: Polonia - Blue Nile abandoned Div 4

Post by Jinky Bhoy »

Blue Nile, another club that needs to be taken out of the SAASL!
When we played them this year they had about 20 supporters actually standing on the pitch and refusing to move. When asked by our players they become abusive and threatened them with violence. We spoke to the ref, however being a club ref, nothing happened. To avoid being involved in a conflict where we were outnumbered, we had little choice but to play on despite the distractions.
Is it really time that the SAASL need to consider banning certain ethnic groups from having their own clubs in the league? Sounds a bit racist but is it the only option?

Porcupine
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Porcupine »

Spectators right on the line is not that rare in the SAASL
Pining for the pork of the porcupine

Jinky Bhoy
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Jinky Bhoy »

Porcupine wrote:Spectators right on the line is not that rare in the SAASL
If they were on the line there would be no issue, these Blue Nile supporters were literally on the field of play so we had to play through them or around them.

Porcupine
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Porcupine »

They shouldn't even be on the line. I've been saying it for about six years now.
Pining for the pork of the porcupine

Kim Kallstrom
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Kim Kallstrom »

Jinky Bhoy wrote:
Porcupine wrote:Spectators right on the line is not that rare in the SAASL
If they were on the line there would be no issue, these Blue Nile supporters were literally on the field of play so we had to play through them or around them.
that's a farce

PASC
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PASC »

fking dirty kent even had to take a couple yards and punch our player from behind... should be banned for good as a player , never allowed back in to the league...
God is an Englishman wrote: As for me being a tosser on this forum, it's not just on the forum. I'm a tosser in real life as well.

The real thing
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by The real thing »

Until the SAASL have official match day paid observers as has been requested & has been ignored, nothing will change.

Token Pom
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Token Pom »

When we played Blue Nile at home at Seaford, a stronger ref would of booked and/or sent off at least half their side for the aggression and abuse they subjected him to for the whole game. The lads on the sidelines were worse, theatening to kill people, includeing the ref and one of our coaches had his car broken into and belongings stolen after seeing then hanging around his car.
Wish it wasnt the case but it seems some teams have zero morlas, sportsmanship or respect for anything/anyone.

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

I have said it before and will say it again.....All sides in the division need to unite and approach the league about this.....Until they do nothing will change....SAASL are blinded by the government money they receive and don't give 2 fucks until you stand up and say enough is enough......Do it for the Leagues sake.....If you don't it is hard to complain.

VB99
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by VB99 »

Token Pom wrote:When we played Blue Nile at home a bt Seaford, a stronger ref would of booked and/or sent off at least half their side for the aggression and abuse they subjected him to for the whole game. The lads on the sidelines were worse, theatening to kill people, includeing the ref and one of our coaches had his car broken into and belongings stolen after seeing then hanging around his car.
Wish it wasnt the case but it seems some teams have zero morlas, sportsmanship or respect for anything/anyone.

I do believe it was the same ref.

The real thing
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by The real thing »

You can see why some players would choose to play Collegiate League just to get away from these Barossa Pearl clubs.

Der kaiser
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Der kaiser »

Was speaking to an ffsa ref who was recently physically assaulted and verbally harrassed at collegiate league.....those ffsa refs are complaining about idiots in that league too. Like he said though - it's always the same clubs...

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Time to start filming the games maybe (when playing certain teams). I understand it may have to be done discreetly on some occasions, but its hard to argue with actual footage. Just dont go posting it on facebook or anything, otherwise the media will get hold of it and the usual will happen. Leave it for the eyes of the SAASL only. Not sure if it will resolve anything all of the time, but at least it shows that the clubs themselves are trying their best to get this cabernet out of the league.
Ignore this signature

Dash Riprock
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Dash Riprock »

Der kaiser wrote:Was speaking to an ffsa ref who was recently physically assaulted and verbally harrassed at collegiate league.....those ffsa refs are complaining about idiots in that league too. Like he said though - it's always the same clubs...
It has been happening acouple of times in the Collegiate Legaue too BUT the powers that be in that league have suspended every player for the rest of the season with a tribunal / appeal to come if they want. Instant action against the individual is a start.... the clubs should then have a 3 strikes rule (no pun intended). Players who get away with this stuff are ruining the league / game and I agree that the only way this will stop is if the clubs stand up and force the SAASL (or any other league for that matter) to act quickly and positively... Only takes a couple of swift cuts to send a clear message.... And i also agree, its always the same clubs, players and the like that cause all this... A few bad apples ruining the whole barrel.

Red
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Red »

These teams are making a farce of the game... Blue Nile, Eagles, Ghan.... Bunch of disgusting human beings

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

Red wrote:These teams are making a farce of the game... Blue Nile, Eagles, Ghan.... Bunch of disgusting human beings
Apparently you can add Campbelltown Reserves into the mix and the guy from Birks who deliberately elbowed and concussed a Metro Player at the weekend.

No wait a minute. I just checked and they're white so it's OK.
Time for some righteous indignation

PASC
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PASC »

Stitch This wrote:
Red wrote:These teams are making a farce of the game... Blue Nile, Eagles, Ghan.... Bunch of disgusting human beings
Apparently you can add Campbelltown Reserves into the mix and the guy from Birks who deliberately elbowed and concussed a Metro Player at the weekend.

No wait a minute. I just checked and they're white so it's OK.
the besa/ black eagles guys were white.... they bashed a ref and got kicked out 3 times so whats your point...???
God is an Englishman wrote: As for me being a tosser on this forum, it's not just on the forum. I'm a tosser in real life as well.

Der kaiser
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Der kaiser »

Nice post Dash - good to hear the FFSA are taking action against the individuals.

While I agree the problems are caused by stupid individuals, it does always seem to be the same clubs. I think if you compared all the clubs that cause the problems they probably have poor management structures in place (lack of committees/constititions/disciplinary committee etc), are disorganized and have a history of instability (folding, large player/committee turnover 60-80% per year etc).

I think the saasl can do something about this by strengthening the requirements for clubs that it accepts into the league and not just let any old hotch potch mob in who don't have good management structures around the club. This might encourage the formation of bigger stronger clubs who can then have better organisation/structure etc for the benefit of the league. These clubs would be more likely to deal with bad apple players through their own structures and educate them or weed them out before it gets to the saasl.

nohands
In Memory of Dylan Tombides
In Memory of Dylan Tombides

Post by nohands »

i think the SAASL are in the process of doing that now. They introduced a STAR club i think it was called. All clubs were notified of this at the AGM. The STAR club is a government incentive which basically gives you a guideline on how to run a successful club. it shows you how to formulate club regulations and policies amongst other things such as having OH&S policies etc etc. For now it is just a recommendation but the Amateur league (if i heard correctly) did say that next year or the year after, every club in the SAASL must be a member of the STAR club. There is a certain criteria for being a STAR club and each criteria must be met for that club to participate in the league. It also covers other things such as ground requirements like toilets for visitors and change rooms. i think it was called STAR club...dont quote me on that. I cant see this being enforced very well but will be interesting to see how many clubs wouldnt meet the criteria.

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

AVFC wrote:i think the SAASL are in the process of doing that now. They introduced a STAR club i think it was called. All clubs were notified of this at the AGM. The STAR club is a government incentive which basically gives you a guideline on how to run a successful club. it shows you how to formulate club regulations and policies amongst other things such as having OH&S policies etc etc. For now it is just a recommendation but the Amateur league (if i heard correctly) did say that next year or the year after, every club in the SAASL must be a member of the STAR club. There is a certain criteria for being a STAR club and each criteria must be met for that club to participate in the league. It also covers other things such as ground requirements like toilets for visitors and change rooms. i think it was called STAR club...dont quote me on that. I cant see this being enforced very well but will be interesting to see how many clubs wouldnt meet the criteria.
It would be interesting to see how many clubs have started on their way to achieving Star Club Status... I know our club is well on it's way to achieving this.

Baresi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Baresi »

AVFC wrote:i think the SAASL are in the process of doing that now. They introduced a STAR club i think it was called. All clubs were notified of this at the AGM. The STAR club is a government incentive which basically gives you a guideline on how to run a successful club. it shows you how to formulate club regulations and policies amongst other things such as having OH&S policies etc etc. For now it is just a recommendation but the Amateur league (if i heard correctly) did say that next year or the year after, every club in the SAASL must be a member of the STAR club. There is a certain criteria for being a STAR club and each criteria must be met for that club to participate in the league. It also covers other things such as ground requirements like toilets for visitors and change rooms. i think it was called STAR club...dont quote me on that. I cant see this being enforced very well but will be interesting to see how many clubs wouldnt meet the criteria.
Sounds like too much regulation to me. Doesn’t mean it wont be a positive but it may also get in the way for some clubs to find grounds etc..

Dash Riprock
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Dash Riprock »

The Star Club thing is a toughie..... It certainly will sort the wheat from the chaf as its takes a bit of effort and requires a number of key things to be done / certified / completed to qualify although its a guide rather than a mandatory thing...
A band of mates will not be able or willing (delete as appropriate!) to do this as it is diffcult.
The up side is allows you to access government funding and is becoming the bar that grants are being handed out against. Doesn't proclude you from applying but my cycnical head suggests they look very dimly on it in government house (because they know everything about football!).
Like i say... good idea to create well run clubs but there are a ton of teams who will find this too hard and if they don't need / want funding, it don't matter UNLESS the SAASL make it mandatory ...which might not work.....
On apositive note, the Starclub process arranges lots of events to help clubs learn and develop various things that will make them stronger and more sustainable. Been to a couple as we try to build our club and they have been useful, especially if juniors are part of the club

http://www.recsport.sa.gov.au/training- ... ooklet.pdf

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

all sounds very positive but talk is cheap and the bottom line stays the same. the league loves that govt money soooooo much that they will still sell their souls and turn a blind eye for as long as they are allowed to. solution. the clubs must tell the govt they are wasting public money that could actualy be used for something usefull or added to their perks even. :roll:

Talk Is Cheap
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Talk Is Cheap »

THE ORAKLE wrote:all sounds very positive but talk is cheap and the bottom line stays the same. the league loves that govt money soooooo much that they will still sell their souls and turn a blind eye for as long as they are allowed to. solution. the clubs must tell the govt they are wasting public money that could actualy be used for something usefull or added to their perks even. :roll:
What have I done now ?
Steven C Gull

ExtraTime
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by ExtraTime »

THE ORAKLE wrote:all sounds very positive but talk is cheap and the bottom line stays the same. the league loves that govt money soooooo much that they will still sell their souls and turn a blind eye for as long as they are allowed to. solution. the clubs must tell the govt they are wasting public money that could actualy be used for something usefull or added to their perks even. :roll:
So Orakle how much money does the SAASL receive from the government for new teams ???

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

bloodypassit wrote:
So Orakle how much money does the SAASL receive from the government for new teams ???
havent got the exact sum sir. but it must be very substantial for chickenowski to hang on to it for grim death for as long as he possibly can,perhaps you should try asking him. perhaps it maybe is the time for the clubs to ask the govt for money to induce them to put up with these would be warriors who,i was told by an old polonia mate rotate their soldiers through all three clubs without problems seemingly. :roll:

ExtraTime
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by ExtraTime »

THE ORAKLE wrote:
bloodypassit wrote:
havent got the exact sum sir. but it must be very substantial for chickenowski to hang on to it for grim death for as long as he possibly can,perhaps you should try asking him. perhaps it maybe is the time for the clubs to ask the govt for money to induce them to put up with these would be warriors who,i was told by an old polonia mate rotate their soldiers through all three clubs without problems seemingly. :roll:
so what would you estimate then ???

POLONIAROCS
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by POLONIAROCS »

$15000 per team approx is my estimate. Squad of 18. $833 per player.

Not sure how many clubs/teams would fit into the category but all it takes is 3 teams and you have $45000.

And if they want social inclusion to work. The best thing to do is the following:

Dont let these new guys start up their own clubs with no structure and use government money.

Best would be to send 4-5 players to a local club. So Polonia get 4-5 players. Seaford get a few. A northern club gets a few. Play them at clubs near their homes. Government then pays these clubs. Nothing over the top either. Just their rego fees etc + a bit extra for boots or a tracksuit which the clubs can purchase for them.

PASC
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PASC »

POLONIAROCS wrote:$15000 per team approx is my estimate. Squad of 18. $833 per player.

Not sure how many clubs/teams would fit into the category but all it takes is 3 teams and you have $45000.

And if they want social inclusion to work. The best thing to do is the following:

Dont let these new guys start up their own clubs with no structure and use government money.

Best would be to send 4-5 players to a local club. So Polonia get 4-5 players. Seaford get a few. A northern club gets a few. Play them at clubs near their homes. Government then pays these clubs. Nothing over the top either. Just their rego fees etc + a bit extra for boots or a tracksuit which the clubs can purchase for them.
are you saying the league gets 15k if one of these teams form???