Sunday Results - July 21st

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Sunday Results - July 21st

Post by DOC »

machickenz wrote:Gardens v Downs
A - 2 -0 (Should have been more for the gardens if it wasnt for the downs keeper)
B - 1 - 2.. (Yet still 2 red cards for the downs, gardens missed a penalty as well)
C - 6 - 1

Gardens v Andrews Farm
C2 - 6 - 0
scorers for gardens in the first team?
ImageImage

Monkey Boy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Monkey Boy »

Grove 1 - 0 East
Was a fairly evenly contested game on a very soggy pitch... I thought east played well during the first half and as has been the story of the season so far, couldn't capitalise... East had a player sent off in the 42nd minute to two tackles in the space of a few minutes. The tackles were tough, with the ball won in the second tackle and unfortunately was made an absolute meal of by the big muppet in the middle. Once sent off he procededed to get up, walk away and show no signs of the 'injury'. Poor form in my book... Grove knocked the ball around well when they had the man advantage, but our boys should keep their heads held high never giving in and having a few chances to snatch a draw.

Thanks for the spread and presentations after the game, one of the only clubs to award an away team BOG for a six pack. Good job, even though it did go to Scotty ;)

Finally, it would be appreciated if we could use the upgraded change rooms for the first team rather than using the, for the reserves as only 1 daring first teamed chose to have a shower in the deplorable conditions in the back change rooms. Don't hold a grudge against all clubs because you have been burnt with bad changrooms in the past.

Barney Rubble
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Barney Rubble »

Monkey Boy wrote:Grove 1 - 0 East
Was a fairly evenly contested game on a very soggy pitch... I thought east played well during the first half and as has been the story of the season so far, couldn't capitalise... East had a player sent off in the 42nd minute to two tackles in the space of a few minutes. The tackles were tough, with the ball won in the second tackle and unfortunately was made an absolute meal of by the big muppet in the middle. Once sent off he procededed to get up, walk away and show no signs of the 'injury'. Poor form in my book... Grove knocked the ball around well when they had the man advantage, but our boys should keep their heads held high never giving in and having a few chances to snatch a draw.

Thanks for the spread and presentations after the game, one of the only clubs to award an away team BOG for a six pack. Good job, even though it did go to Scotty ;)

Finally, it would be appreciated if we could use the upgraded change rooms for the first team rather than using the, for the reserves as only 1 daring first teamed chose to have a shower in the deplorable conditions in the back change rooms. Don't hold a grudge against all clubs because you have been burnt with bad changrooms in the past.
Spot on Monkey Boy, nice work after the game by the Peckers, their mascot was a fun touch after the game too. Yes the second yellow was more of a 'quick draw McGraw' with the speed the card came out so from then on the Peckers made the most of the extra man.
Without ammunition, the Air Force is just an expensive flying club

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

not scotty hughes?
ImageImage

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Guess Who wrote:A's

Salisbury Florina 3-2 Blue Eagles
What was the B's score ?
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

Uncle Cracker
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Uncle Cracker »

swannsong wrote:

What was the B's score ?
Blue Eagles 3-1 Salisbury Florina

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Uncle Cracker wrote:
swannsong wrote:

What was the B's score ?
Blue Eagles 3-1 Salisbury Florina
:shock: thanks

Crazylegs
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Crazylegs »

Payneham Postel v Athelstone
A team 5-0
B team 10-2

Der Spielfuehrer
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Der Spielfuehrer »

BigPond,

while the availability of your players can not be disputed nor the situation regarding the C's, to say the Beach was "pushing for the game to be postponed" is a farce! We would have loved nothing more than to get stuck into our derby encounter.

Fulham made no attempt to improve the pitch's condition despite several suggestions from Beach coaching staff and former FIFA ref Donald Campbell to employ a number of options. These questions WERE suggested before the C team game was due to kick off. Nor did Fulham even put up the goal nets or corner flags despite the referee not arriving until 45mins from kick off.

In addition, Fulham's 1st team coach pretending to walk on eggshells towards the referee before dancing back across the pitch once the game was called off (not to mention high fives and fist pumps from the Fulham players) indicates Fulham were more than happy to postpone the fixture.

Steve's decision to call off the game was also not disputed.

Both points false - 1 player who would be a starter unavailable today.

And it was Beach more than anyone who was pushing for the game to be postponed.

Our C club ref was willing to play the Cs on pitch 2 (not main pitch) and Beach coach was as keen as anyone not to play that game either - granted our C coach also agreed to postpone.

Maybe Beach had a few of the Irish Lads unavailable today in the As - more than 1 way to look at it.

In the end big Steve the ref made the call and as we know he doesn't listen to anyone and makes his own mind up.[/quote]

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

Monkey Boy wrote: Finally, it would be appreciated if we could use the upgraded change rooms for the first team rather than using the, for the reserves as only 1 daring first teamed chose to have a shower in the deplorable conditions in the back change rooms. Don't hold a grudge against all clubs because you have been burnt with bad changrooms in the past.
I don't get this and I have seen it from a few others as well....You are the away side, as long as there is a shower and a place to change you should consider yourself lucky. Home advantage goes a lot further than the pitch you play on.

In my league days the amount of grounds my side turned up at where they either turned off the hot water, hosed down the insides so it was all wet or was made to change under a lean to when the home side had rooms was common and we expected no less.

pecker
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by pecker »

We are currently speaking with the council in regards to change rooms, we currently do not have enough rooms to cater for
the teams we have, plus the away teams and because we share with cricket, they use 2 of our rooms for storage. We are confident this will be sorted out for next season.

steve11
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by steve11 »

DOC wrote:
machickenz wrote:Gardens v Downs
A - 2 -0 (Should have been more for the gardens if it wasnt for the downs keeper)
B - 1 - 2.. (Yet still 2 red cards for the downs, gardens missed a penalty as well)
C - 6 - 1

Gardens v Andrews Farm
C2 - 6 - 0
scorers for gardens in the first team?
Pearce, Ducker

bigpond
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by bigpond »

Der Spielfuehrer wrote:
I guess anyway we look at it, in the end the ref made the decision like we both have said so lets just agree on that.

albion83
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by albion83 »

bigpond wrote:
Der Spielfuehrer wrote:
I guess anyway we look at it, in the end the ref made the decision like we both have said so lets just agree on that.
Close, but no coconut.

No, I think most would agree that his decision not to go ahead with the match was heavily influenced by the fact no effort had been made to improve the playing surface.

predator
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by predator »

albion83 wrote:
bigpond wrote:
Der Spielfuehrer wrote:
Close, but no coconut.

No, I think most would agree that his decision not to go ahead with the match was heavily influenced by the fact no effort had been made to improve the playing surface.
same as last week, the playing surface was a disgrace, one bucket of sand thrown in the Goalmouth was the pathetic attempt at making the playing surface safe to play on

justme
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by justme »

Der Spielfuehrer wrote:BigPond,

while the availability of your players can not be disputed nor the situation regarding the C's, to say the Beach was "pushing for the game to be postponed" is a farce! We would have loved nothing more than to get stuck into our derby encounter.

Fulham made no attempt to improve the pitch's condition despite several suggestions from Beach coaching staff and former FIFA ref Donald Campbell to employ a number of options. These questions WERE suggested before the C team game was due to kick off. Nor did Fulham even put up the goal nets or corner flags despite the referee not arriving until 45mins from kick off.

In addition, Fulham's 1st team coach pretending to walk on eggshells towards the referee before dancing back across the pitch once the game was called off (not to mention high fives and fist pumps from the Fulham players) indicates Fulham were more than happy to postpone the fixture.

Our C club ref was willing to play the Cs on pitch 2 (not main pitch) and Beach coach was as keen as anyone not to play that game either - granted our C coach also agreed to postpone.

Maybe Beach had a few of the Irish Lads unavailable today in the As - more than 1 way to look at it.

In the end big Steve the ref made the call and as we know he doesn't listen to anyone and makes his own mind up.

Fulham didnt want to play end of story they did play there kids game on there in the morning so why was it good enough for them to play on it and not adults

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

poor move by both sides, if the game is not played soon it 'may' not need to be, this was the perfect time for beach or fulham to get a win and put pressure on pontians who lost
ImageImage

bigpond
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by bigpond »

justme wrote:Fulham didnt want to play end of story they did play there kids game on there in the morning so why was it good enough for them to play on it and not adults
Again incorrect - an under 12 FFSA game started and then the ref called it off after 5 mins.

The under 15 game was also postponed by the FFSA ref.

Fri night we moved the C and B grade to pitch 2 to preserve the main pitch as much as we could - if we really wanted it 100% postponed we could have chopped it up by playing the C game there which we didn't.

Next time we will get the Channel 9 helicopter in to remove the surface water if that is what you think we should have done - get over it - its an amateur club and we dont have ground crews on call.

PASC
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PASC »

way off topic... can u still register new players??? ones that havent been registered before?
God is an Englishman wrote: As for me being a tosser on this forum, it's not just on the forum. I'm a tosser in real life as well.

ExtraTime
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by ExtraTime »

PASC wrote:way off topic... can u still register new players??? ones that havent been registered before?
jeez a valid question... looks like this topic is going to the Wild West ...

oh PASC ... yes

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

bigpond wrote:
justme wrote:Fulham didnt want to play end of story they did play there kids game on there in the morning so why was it good enough for them to play on it and not adults
Again incorrect - an under 12 FFSA game started and then the ref called it off after 5 mins.

Fri night we moved the C and B grade to pitch 2 to preserve the main pitch as much as we could - if we really wanted it 100% postponed we could have chopped it up by playing the C game there which we didn't.

Next time we will get the Channel 9 helicopter in to remove the surface water if that is what you think we should have done - get over it - its an amateur club and we dont have ground crews on call.
Channel 9...I thought you might have gone for Channel 10 due to past allegiances with Jane Reilly :D

English wrote:As mentioned 4:2 Lions win. What a brilliant game, scored in the first minute and never looked back. Near perfect display, shame about the alleged racist remarks from TTG's forward, which surprisingly ended in a caution for Lions. But first points for Lions, well deserved!
Brilliant effort by Para Hills Lions...reward for sticking at it......keep it going !

ExtraTime
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by ExtraTime »

bigpond wrote:

bigpond wrote:Fulhams grounds no problems.

C team and Ressies moved to pitch 2 today and main pitch will be for A team just to preserve it that little bit more.
How some comments come back to haunt you Bigpond .. given this comment was made 10.34am on Sunday

bigpond
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by bigpond »

bloodypassit wrote:
bigpond wrote:
Fulhams grounds no problems.

C team and Ressies moved to pitch 2 today and main pitch will be for A team just to preserve it that little bit more.
How some comments come back to haunt you Bigpond .. given this comment was made 10.34am on Sunday
Was no problem for me but was a problem for the ref.

In my opinion refs are too precious these days - it is a winter sport and grounds will get cut up - just play is what I say.

I have played in a lot worse than our ground was on Sunday but in the end if the ref says no it is a no.

Ga Pala
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Ga Pala »

I actually thought Fulhams ground was playable but at the end of the day if the Ref calls it off not much u can do.
" I used to go Missing a lot- Miss Canada, Miss United Kingdom, Miss Germany." George Best

Mr X
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Mr X »

Ga Pala wrote:I actually thought Fulhams ground was playable but at the end of the day if the Ref calls it off not much u can do.
Hence you applied to replace Les Burdett at Adelaide Oval

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

The Munno Para lad that made comments about the similarities between knights Richard Finlayson and Stephen Gerrard will understand this...
Definite similarity...

PASC
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PASC »

bloodypassit wrote:
PASC wrote:way off topic... can u still register new players??? ones that havent been registered before?
jeez a valid question... looks like this topic is going to the Wild West ...

oh PASC ... yes

thanks for taking notice .... deffinetly yes?
God is an Englishman wrote: As for me being a tosser on this forum, it's not just on the forum. I'm a tosser in real life as well.

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

As long as he hasn't been registered at another club this season....Yes.

Se7en
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Se7en »

justme wrote:
Der Spielfuehrer wrote:BigPond,

Steve's decision to call off the game was also not disputed

In the end big Steve the ref made the call and as we know he doesn't listen to anyone and makes his own mind up.

Fulham didnt want to play end of story they did play there kids game on there in the morning so why was it good enough for them to play on it and not adults
Mate do u seriously think we wanted to wait around until 2.30 to be told the game was not going ahead. The Fulham boys wanted to play. Thought the ground was ok. Have played on worse and I reckon the decision should ultimately be made by the 2 coaches or the playing groups. This game will now have to be re scheduled for mid week or post round 18 which nobody wants. I really don't think much could have been done to improve the surface and it seems a lot of other grounds/clubs had the same outcome this weekend due to the weather. I love it how this has been twisted to make Fulham look like this was a positive outcome when points are like diamonds at the mo. no one wants to rely on having to win a game after the season to decide fate ( if it gets that far).

PASC
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PASC »

Steve#4 wrote:As long as he hasn't been registered at another club this season....Yes.
cheers mate, is there a cut off at all??