sunday results 28th

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

The General
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: sunday results 28th

Post by The General »

any other scores / games played ? only like half a dozen or so scores so far ???

ManicD
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by ManicD »

Athelstone v Unley

A's: 4-1
B's: 2-0

mushrow
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by mushrow »

bomber Harris wrote:
MegaBonus wrote:get over it bigdawg.....

when I first started in the SAASL (approx. 18yo).....we were playing Modbury Jets and I was up against a nut case who had the swastika tattooed on his forehead....fair to say he didn't like wogs and in very clear terms told me he was going to kill me if I went near the ball....

aghhhh the memories....
I have played & know all the boys at the Jets, & I can say you are wrong with the statement about the swastika.
The only person if ever a player, would be someone with a bad WEST HAM Tatt on his forehead.
YES no player has ever had a swastika. Must have a poor memory.
Dixie Dean was hailed by another Mersey legend, Liverpool’s Bill Shankly, as “belonging in the company of the supremely great, like Beethoven, Rembrandt and Shakespeare.”

60 goals, never to be equalled.

giggseleven
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by giggseleven »

Vista vs pontians

Cs - 0-2 (Lane Sherman, Fabian Rocca)
Bs - 3-3 (Ben Townsend, Ryan Rocca, Daniel Harrison)
As - 1-2 (Robbie Williams 2)

Well done to our c team, Ressies should have killed the game but somehow lost a 2 goal lead and full control of the game. And the first team should have won by much more and they got a a good goal at the enddue to poor marking. Game was soured by an onfield incident that was quickly over with the players but supporters couldn't let it rest and one of ours supporters got a knock in the jaw. Didn't see what really happened I was playing at the time, if anyone can shed some light....

ExtraTime
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by ExtraTime »

A:- Plympton 1 Noarlunga 1
B:- Plympton 1 Noarlunga 2

Paleon Patros Germanos
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Paleon Patros Germanos »

God is an Englishman wrote:I've been informed that there has never been a player with that tattoo playing for us. Obviously I wasn't in the country then so can't say myself but I trust the source.

The bloke mentioned is the only one worse and he had something a lot worse than a swastika.
How do you guys know? Body searches on registration at Modbury?
Agia Lavra 1821!

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Paleon Patros Germanos wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:I've been informed that there has never been a player with that tattoo playing for us. Obviously I wasn't in the country then so can't say myself but I trust the source.

The bloke mentioned is the only one worse and he had something a lot worse than a swastika.
How do you guys know? Body searches on registration at Modbury?
It was claimed it was on his forehead, kind of hard to miss.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

colon clenser wrote:Arrr the memories of modbury jets,,my dentist. And proctologist played for
modbury,, the thing was he was the same person
You have your own proctologist, thaty's a concern.

Interested Observer
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Interested Observer »

giggseleven wrote:Vista vs pontians

Well done to our c team, Ressies should have killed the game but somehow lost a 2 goal lead and full control of the game. And the first team should have won by much more and they got a a good goal at the enddue to poor marking. Game was soured by an onfield incident that was quickly over with the players but supporters couldn't let it rest and one of ours supporters got a knock in the jaw. Didn't see what really happened I was playing at the time, if anyone can shed some light....
Could not see who hit who but the big striker from Pontian was a ticking bomb waiting to go off.
Got carded early and then could of been carded 3 more times before eventually he got a second yellow.
After pushing one of his own team mates who was trying to calm him he eventually decided to leave the pitch and kicked a plastic chair in to pieces.
He then decided to pick up a piece of the chair and hurl at the Vista crowd and the bedlum began..
Could not see any punches thrown just a lot of pushing / shoving and loud mouths from both sides..
Vista's discipline can be questionable at times but Pontian were very ordinary.

giggseleven
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by giggseleven »

Interested Observer wrote:
giggseleven wrote:Vista vs pontians

Could not see who hit who but the big striker from Pontian was a ticking bomb waiting to go off.
Got carded early and then could of been carded 3 more times before eventually he got a second yellow.
After pushing one of his own team mates who was trying to calm him he eventually decided to leave the pitch and kicked a plastic chair in to pieces.
He then decided to pick up a piece of the chair and hurl at the Vista crowd and the bedlum began..
Could not see any punches thrown just a lot of pushing / shoving and loud mouths from both sides..
Vista's discipline can be questionable at times but Pontian were very ordinary.
Cheers, pretty much what I had heard, our supporters only got riled once the chair went flying in, again only quoting what was heard... Our discipline remains on the pitch and that's where it stays. It was a rash challenge (he was carded for dissent) and yes he deserved to probably go earlier. All in all though it was a good physical battle on a hot day in the middle of winter!

Guiseppe
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Guiseppe »

Hats off to the fat bloke at pontians threatening vistas supports asking if they wanted to go home alive an he was going to call his "boys" suppose the fat bloke didnt eat enough lamb rolls an was still hungry :?

WayneO
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by WayneO »

Guiseppe wrote:Hats off to the fat bloke at pontians threatening vistas supports asking if they wanted to go home alive an he was going to call his "boys" suppose the fat bloke didnt eat enough lamb rolls an was still hungry :?

:lol:
Why so much Hatred in the world?
Make love not war!!

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

Pontians were ok all day until the bloke got sent off, reserves and c team game had no incidents of note and the first team game was a hard and largely fair encounter until the bloke who got sent off ruined the day
ImageImage

Big G
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Big G »

Was it the new guy?

Interested Observer
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Interested Observer »

Big G wrote:Was it the new guy?
Pretty sure he was with them last year..

gee_kay
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gee_kay »

Was the new guy big G believe he trained with you guys

On another note is it true that the referee will be filing a reort against southern knights regarding alleged racist remarks towards him
Follow me on Twitter @gee_kay10

Big G
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Big G »

gee_kay wrote:Was the new guy big G believe he trained with you guys

On another note is it true that the referee will be filing a reort against southern knights regarding alleged racist remarks towards him
Aaron i think his name is.....

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

gee_kay wrote:Was the new guy big G believe he trained with you guys

The only player that comes to mind is Aaron Willing?, Former Adelaide Raiders player. Started the season at Ingle Farm and moved to Pontians. Seemed like a very nice fella while he was at the Farm, lets hope it was just a bit of frustration built up or something.
HA'WAY THE LADS

Der Spielfuehrer
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Der Spielfuehrer »

Just wanted to give a shout out to the recently arrived Welsh referee who governed the Beach v Inter game on Sunday. I'm sure the Inter lads would agree, he was one of the best refs we've had in a long time. Had total control of a physical but fair match, explained decisions clearly and warned players without showing arrogance or a sense of superiority.

The Beach (and no doubt all Premier League clubs should) look forward to having him adjudicate in upcoming fixtures.

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

Der Spielfuehrer wrote:Just wanted to give a shout out to the recently arrived Welsh referee who governed the Beach v Inter game on Sunday. I'm sure the Inter lads would agree, he was one of the best refs we've had in a long time. Had total control of a physical but fair match, explained decisions clearly and warned players without showing arrogance or a sense of superiority.

The Beach (and no doubt all Premier League clubs should) look forward to having him adjudicate in upcoming fixtures.
Totally agree mate! Best I've seen in a long time. Donald Campbell was watching so his good performance would of been passed on. Good to watch a game that the ref didn't have an impact on the final result by making some mind boggling decisions

Hopefully we find more just like him
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012