Wenger chasing Spanish Superstar

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Wenger chasing Spanish Superstar

Post by haywood djablowme »

BowTiesAreCool wrote:
Ian_Wright wrote:Where was that quoted from? Because I just read a decent quote stating Suarez will join Arsenal, I can't wait.
Fuck knows, mate sent it to me.

I think you need to get over this Suarez thing, it's not going to happen for you.
So who should start getting over Suarez...

Suarez the only senior player who did not show up at Stevie G's big gala dinner on Saturday night. Rumbles through out the night indicate he is handing in a transfer request this week
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

haywood djablowme wrote:
BowTiesAreCool wrote:
Ian_Wright wrote:Where was that quoted from? Because I just read a decent quote stating Suarez will join Arsenal, I can't wait.
Fuck knows, mate sent it to me.

I think you need to get over this Suarez thing, it's not going to happen for you.
So who should start getting over Suarez...

Suarez the only senior player who did not show up at Stevie G's big gala dinner on Saturday night. Rumbles through out the night indicate he is handing in a transfer request this week
Lazy journalism. He'd have been at that dinner regardless of where he's playing next season. Issues with his wife's pregnancy was apparently the reason for his absence.

And I'm well over Suarez. More than happy to see him leave, I just very much doubt Arsenal are in with a sniff.
Last edited by BTAC on Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
haywood djablowme wrote: I believe Arsenal have improved more than the Poo! (we are only 5 pts behind you)

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

Double post.
haywood djablowme wrote: I believe Arsenal have improved more than the Poo! (we are only 5 pts behind you)

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

BowTiesAreCool wrote:
And I'm well over Suarez. More than happy to see him leave, I just very much doubt Arsenal are in with a sniff.
Arsenal are the only club to currently bid, so we are the only club in with a sniff

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

haywood djablowme wrote:
BowTiesAreCool wrote:
Arsenal are the only club to currently bid, so we are the only club in with a sniff
Well I can't see him leaving if you're the only club in for him.

It doesn't make sense on so many levels.

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

:lol: Why?

So he can finish 7th again and not make top four??

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

Would be a massive boost for Arsenal.

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Ian_Wright wrote:Would be a massive boost for Arsenal.

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

Ian_Wright wrote::lol: Why?

1) He'll be even more hated than he is now, which has definitely gotten to him during his time in England.

2) Arsenal are just making up the numbers in the CL.

3) He's got no more chance of winning silverware at Arsenal than he does at Liverpool.

But you can keep bragging about that fourth placed trophy if you like.

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

Fact is we are in the champions league. With Suarez we will be a force to rekon with, Liverpool without him will be around about the same position as last season.

The bitterness is oozing from Liverpool fans. Its a huge win for Arsenal if we get him, we have several players moving into their second season of the comp and will only improve again this year and with one of the worlds best strikers up front........Winning

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

BowTiesAreCool wrote:

1) He'll be even more hated than he is now, which has definitely gotten to him during his time in England.

3) He's got no more chance of winning silverware at Arsenal than he does at Liverpool.

Of course he does, we are a better team. Table doesnt lie......

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

Ian_Wright wrote:
BowTiesAreCool wrote:

Of course he does, we are a better team. Table doesnt lie......
And your last trophy was how long ago? :lol:

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

I wont entertain this conversation. Ive already had it thousands of times with Nicky T..........However Champions league football is key, Suarez proves that.

With Suarez Arsenal can win trophies.

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

oh dear, the player exodus continues at liverpuddle!
:lol:

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

Ian_Wright wrote:I wont entertain this conversation. Ive already had it thousands of times with Nicky T..........However Champions league football is key, Suarez proves that.

You started it. You just said that Suarez would have more chance of winning silverware at Arsenal than at Liverpool. Considering how long it's been since you won a trophy, that's not true. But if you won't entertain facts, that's fine. :lol:

coutinho10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by coutinho10 »

Oh "The Gonna's"

Gonna do this Gonna do that.
LIVERPOOL FC *****

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

Simply stating that the fact we are in champions league and that out weighs winning a league cup.

If Liverpool lose Suarez they would have taken a massive step backwards and your manager that is trying to "build" something special will just look stupid.

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

coutinho10 wrote:Oh "The Gonna's"

Gonna do this Gonna do that.
Nice one

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

Ian_Wright wrote:Simply stating that the fact we are in champions league and that out weighs winning a league cup.

If Liverpool lose Suarez they would have taken a massive step backwards and your manager that is trying to "build" something special will just look stupid.
If you had a shot of actually winning the CL, I'd agree with you. Arsenal just make up the numbers.

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

BowTiesAreCool wrote:
Ian_Wright wrote:I wont entertain this conversation. Ive already had it thousands of times with Nicky T..........However Champions league football is key, Suarez proves that.

You started it. You just said that Suarez would have more chance of winning silverware at Arsenal than at Liverpool. Considering how long it's been since you won a trophy, that's not true. But if you won't entertain facts, that's fine. :lol:
Fact - We're in the CL & you're not even in Europe so thats 1 more opportunity he will have (even thou it's a long shot) to win a trophy.

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

BowTiesAreCool wrote:
Ian_Wright wrote:Simply stating that the fact we are in champions league and that out weighs winning a league cup.

If you had a shot of actually winning the CL, I'd agree with you. Arsenal just make up the numbers.
I bet your mob would like to be making up the numbers as well.. & I bet they would like to have the coin we make along the way :D

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

haywood djablowme wrote:
BowTiesAreCool wrote:

Fact - We're in the CL & you're not even in Europe so thats 1 more opportunity he will have (even thou it's a long shot) to win a trophy.
Long shot doesn't even cover it.

I'll add another reason that this proposed move doesn't make sense:

Suarez is talented enough to play for a club that challenges for their respective league title and champions league trophy each season. Why would he then make a small step up to Arsenal now? He would be better off staying a little longer (6-12 months) at Liverpool and waiting for that opportunity to arise. If he goes to Arsenal now, he'll be 'stuck' there for a minimum of 2 seasons, probably longer.

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

BowTiesAreCool wrote:
Suarez is talented enough to play for a club that challenges for their respective league title and champions league trophy each season. Why would he then make a small step up to Arsenal now? He would be better off staying a little longer (6-12 months) at Liverpool and waiting for that opportunity to arise. If he goes to Arsenal now, he'll be 'stuck' there for a minimum of 2 seasons, probably longer.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Liverpool challenge in 6-12 months :lol: :lol: :lol:

coutinho10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by coutinho10 »

To me Suarez is using Arsenal to force Real Madrid's hand as he wants CL for the whole comp for next years World Cup prep. He would be gambling with Arsenal as they still have to qualify. Could be wrong but who knows we all speculate.
If and if Suarez signs for Arsenal you will probably miss him for a total of around 16 odd league games next year because come Nov 2 at Emirates the Liverpool players will be in his ear and riding him for 90 mins that he would sure to blow a fuse and do something stupid that would result in another lengthy ban.
LIVERPOOL FC *****

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

haywood djablowme wrote:
BowTiesAreCool wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Liverpool challenge in 6-12 months :lol: :lol: :lol:
That's not what I meant. I meant wait for a move to a club such as Madrid/Barca/Bayern in 6-12 months. :roll:

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

He obviously doesn't want to waste another year at a mid table club and wants to help get Arsenal back to a title challenging club.

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

Ian_Wright wrote:He obviously doesn't want to waste another year at a mid table club and wants to help get Arsenal back to a title challenging club.
And they say Liverpool supporters are delusional....

Kim Kallstrom
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Kim Kallstrom »

Have a feeling another Higuain situation is gonna come up. Arsenal may be in CL, but they are not going to win it. IMO Liverpool have a better chance of winning a domestic cup due to Arsenal playing youngsters and choking in the later stages (i.e. Bradford and Birmingham). Liverpool have also added a lot more depth to their squad than Arsenal have so far in the transfer window, maybe if Wenger decided to dip into the supposed 'war chest' and buy 1 or 2 other world class players Suarez will be more likely to join.

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

Just to back up my point.....

"Last year I had the opportunity to move to a big European club and I stayed on the understanding that if we failed to qualify for the Champions League the following season I'd be allowed to go," he said.

"I gave absolutely everything last season but it was not enough to give us a top-four finish - now all I want is for Liverpool to honour our agreement."

Luis Suarez 2013 :wink:

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Now Suarez has the old foot injury meaning he misses the flight to Norway = The Emirates Medical :D