FULHAM UNITED SOCCER CLUB COACHING POSITIONS 2014

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

bigpond
Squad Player
Squad Player

FULHAM UNITED SOCCER CLUB COACHING POSITIONS 2014

Post by bigpond »

Fulham United would like to announce that for the 2014 season John Christopoulos will again coach the A team. Although on the field the results were not ideal, off the park the transformation from the older generation to the next generation of players had began to take shape - this is never an easy process. It was a case of 1 step forward in 2012 and 2 steps back this season but Fulham is willing to take that hit for a longer term benefit and willing to stand by John for season 2014.

Results came at the wrong end of the season and even without 2 of Fulhams best players being available, so the season finished off with some positives and John has been given the opportunity to get the team straight back up from Division 2 and to be back in Div 1 come 2015.

The Reserves coach will also remain the same with Matt Sidiropoulos to continue in 2014. After an equally bumpy start the signs were there that in the back half of the season the team was on the up and with the structural changes to be taking place we are expecting the B team to continue to improve.

The. C team coaching role has become vacant due to family commitments so anyone expressing interest in coaching the C team please PM me for further details. Fulham is hoping to get a Sunday C team on the park but the focus will be on strengthening the B team squad which will in turn push the A team squad.

The Sat team will at this stage continue but will be re-assesed closer to the season.

ontheblackburner
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: FULHAM UNITED SOCCER CLUB COACHING POSITIONS 2014

Post by ontheblackburner »

interesting that you're basically telling your championship winning c-grade that they won't have a place to play next year if they're not willing to step up and play Bs.

Good luck in Div 2 - don't think for a second it's going to be easy to bounce back up. Some very good clubs with more than capable squads.
#venkysout

Salisbury Florina (1970 - 2018)
2005 SAASL Sunday Division 2 Champions
2009 SAASL Sunday Premier League Champions
2013 SAASL Sunday Division 2 Champions

https://www.facebook.com/MantonStTribe
https://www.twitter.com/MantonStTribe

bigpond
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by bigpond »

ontheblackburner wrote:interesting that you're basically telling your championship winning c-grade that they won't have a place to play next year if they're not willing to step up and play Bs.

Good luck in Div 2 - don't think for a second it's going to be easy to bounce back up. Some very good clubs with more than capable squads.
Div 2 will be very tough and we know it will be - there is no complacency there.

In regards to the Sun C Team we have to source a coach 1st before we can do anything else and I dont recall seeing anything in what I wrote stating there would not be a Sun C team - I actually stated anyone that is interested to PM me for further details.

ontheblackburner
Squad Player
Squad Player

"hoping to get a c team on the park" - sounds like your club isn't even sure if it can be bothered with a c-grade next year.
#venkysout

bigpond
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by bigpond »

We had a championship winning Sat team as well this year and I also stated that is not guaranteed and will be re-assessed closer to the season - as it always is it will depend on numbers - if we have the numbers we would love to field the same teams again.

kamikaze
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by kamikaze »

ontheblackburner wrote:"hoping to get a c team on the park" - sounds like your club isn't even sure if it can be bothered with a c-grade next year.

I thought u would have more important things
to worry about at florina than the fulham c team.
Your right div 2 is a very hard league, more importantly
for you is div1 is twice as hard to stay up as you know.
Anyway perhaps you may like to apply for the c team seeing
you're so concerned.
Good luck next year and see u in 2015

ontheblackburner
Squad Player
Squad Player

I have some friends in the Fulham C Team that I'd love to poach for our Cs/Bs - hence my concern about your C Team.

See us in 2015: by your premise, you're going up and we're going down, probably won't see you at all.
#venkysout

coutinho10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by coutinho10 »

more importantly for you is div1 is twice as hard to stay up as you know.
that is why it is so important to have a good crack at winning it while you are present in it.
LIVERPOOL FC *****

terminator
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by terminator »

ontheblackburner wrote:I have some friends in the Fulham C Team that I'd love to poach for our Cs/Bs - hence my concern about your C Team.
You must have rocks in your head mate - who the hell is going to go from Fulham to play in a feral place like Salisbury - look what good it did Pontians going up North?

They would rather come to West Beach if they were going to leave Fulham - more than welcome.

terminator
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by terminator »

ontheblackburner wrote:interesting that you're basically telling your championship winning c-grade that they won't have a place to play next year if they're not willing to step up and play Bs.
And just for the record we won the C grade championship (West Beach) this year and by a country mile as well might I add - only 1 champion in Sun Div 6 for 2013 - WEST BEACH....... :D

Ga Pala
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Ga Pala »

Great to see John and Matt continue on with coaching at Fulham next season . This stability should enable the boys to have a great opportunity to be successful next season .
" I used to go Missing a lot- Miss Canada, Miss United Kingdom, Miss Germany." George Best

Rodent
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Rodent »

terminator wrote:
ontheblackburner wrote:I have some friends in the Fulham C Team that I'd love to poach for our Cs/Bs - hence my concern about your C Team.
You must have rocks in your head mate - who the hell is going to go from Fulham to play in a feral place like Salisbury - look what good it did Pontians going up North?

They would rather come to West Beach if they were going to leave Fulham - more than welcome.
Termite I bet you a carton of beer the Salisbury Florina Ferals will finish above the West Beach Wannabee's in the 2014 season !!
Every Rat has his day !!

ontheblackburner
Squad Player
Squad Player

terminator wrote:

Blood is thicker than water and why would they go play for their biggest rivals?

Anyway, major hypothetical.

I'll ignore your "feral" comment.
#venkysout

beach boy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by beach boy »

I would like to put it out there that the terminators veiws don't reflect that of West beach as a whole club rather just his own. We cant control what he posts, member of the club are not happy about the nature of his posts

coutinho10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by coutinho10 »

terminator wrote:

i have a respectable job for a national company and do quite well for myself and and far from feral i also live 5 minutes from Fulham & West Beach. When i was invited out to play for Salisbury Florina in 2005 i was amazed at the ethic of the club, the hospitality and the pure enjoyment and love Florina have for the game and the SAASL league which only a few other Div 1 clubs could top and they know who they are and show mutual respect towards Florina when we play each other. Also plenty of those supporter/players have repectable businesses and jobs that also sponsor the club also the guys will all ways frequent away teams bar and food. Even though i am now retired from playing i continue to go there on Friday nights and take my two kids to the games on Sundays as the atmosphere and people are some of the best i have ever had in my football life and the same with the people i have meet there. Salisbury may have a reputation as a suburb but i have meet many a feral in the western suburbs just cross Grange Road towards the basketball stadium. Players are more than welcome to go to West Beach but if they want to play football and enjoy a great atmosphere while feed for free on Fridays and Sundays drive the extra 30mins like i do.

You say who the hell - I say I the hell do and the 20 or so other players i know who have come from the western suburbs.
Last edited by coutinho10 on Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LIVERPOOL FC *****

You Too
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by You Too »

terminator wrote:

LMFHO - someone living in Fulham looking down their nose at people living in Salisbury.

Wake up Termy you're living in Fulham not Mayfair ya peanut

PDog
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PDog »

:lol:

Rodent
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Rodent »

Rodent wrote:
terminator wrote: You must have rocks in your head mate - who the hell is going to go from Fulham to play in a feral place like Salisbury - look what good it did Pontians going up North?

Termite I bet you a carton of beer the Salisbury Florina Ferals will finish above the West Beach Wannabee's in the 2014 season !!

Yeah true to your name Termite all PI$$ & Wind ...!!!
Every Rat has his day !!

bigpond
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by bigpond »

Great to hear that the majority of the under 17 boys team will be coming to senior pre season training to test themselves for positions in C, B or if good enough A team.

Should be plenty of competition for positions which is what we are looking for next season.