2013 Cup Finals - Sunday September 29

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Monder
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: 2013 Cup Finals - Sunday September 29

Post by Monder »

:lol:
Like I need a keyboard

KING NUGGETT
Star Player
Star Player

Post by KING NUGGETT »

Jonny Lidon wrote:
SID wrote:Anthony Stam would like to thank you Swanny for mentioning his save, was it 7 or 8 Keegan French made ? Oh and the 3 that went in.... :)
And that's what sets Motts, Cooky and Simo light years apart from you.....they would never come on a forum and big up themselves, have digs at players or get involved in petty forum banter.

Way to go coach :roll:
WHAAA WHAAA WHAAA

DONT BE SO PRECIOUS WHATS WRONG WITH SIDS COMMENT HE DIDN'T HAVE A GO AT KEEGAN AT ALL, HE JUST STATED THE FACTS KEEGAN HAD TO MAKE 7-8 MORE SAVES THAN STAMM - BIG DEAL.

THE BIG DIFFERENCE IS SID HAS MADE IT QUITE CLEAR WHO HE IS, UNLIKE MOST OF YOU KEYBOARD WARRIORS HIDING BEHIND THE SAFETY OF YOUR KEYBOARD HAVING POP SHOTS AT HIM

SAASL DIV.1 CHAMPIONS 73,75,78,02,10,11,13
CHALLENGE CUP WINNERS 74,75,80,08,10,11,13
SAASL DIV.1 RES. CHAMPIONS 71,75,77,78,79,94,11,13
RES. CUP WINNERS 73,75,76,13
CHAMPIONS OF CHAMPIONS 10
CICHANOWSKI SHIELD 90,08,11,12,14

Est.1966

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

Clutching at straws a bit Nuggy. I would tend to admire the guys Johnny Lidon mentioned because they don't feel the need to get involved and keep it all on the park. That being said it is a free world with freedom of speech and people can by and large say what they like when they like in the same way people have the right to express when they feel that someone is behaving like a grenache.

SID
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SID »

Cheers Bill

KING NUGGETT
Star Player
Star Player

Post by KING NUGGETT »

Old Redback wrote:Clutching at straws a bit Nuggy. I would tend to admire the guys Johnny Lidon mentioned because they don't feel the need to get involved and keep it all on the park. That being said it is a free world with freedom of speech and people can by and large say what they like when they like in the same way people have the right to express when they feel that someone is behaving like a grenache.

I'M CLUTCHING AT NOTHING.

I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT 2 OUT 3 OF THOSE COACHES NAMED, HAVE POSTED ON THIS FORUM AT ONE TIME OR ANOTHER...

I'VE ALSO SEEN ALL OF THOSE COACHES BEHAVE BADLY.

ALL OF THEM ARE FANTASTIC BLOKES & GREAT COACHES, BUT ONLY ONE HAS THE DOUBLE DOUBLE TO HIS NAME. :wink:

SO PLEASE PULL YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR OWN muscat & GIVE US BREAK...

Est.1966

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

KING NUGGETT wrote: SO PLEASE PULL YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR OWN muscat & GIVE US BREAK... [/b]
Glass houses my friend glass houses.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Old Redback wrote:
KING NUGGETT wrote: SO PLEASE PULL YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR OWN muscat & GIVE US BREAK... [/b]
Glass houses my friend glass houses.
ie...lots of windows :wink:
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

You Too
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by You Too »

Jonny Lidon wrote:
SID wrote:Anthony Stam would like to thank you Swanny for mentioning his save, was it 7 or 8 Keegan French made ? Oh and the 3 that went in.... :)
And that's what sets Motts, Cooky and Simo light years apart from you.....they would never come on a forum and big up themselves, have digs at players or get involved in petty forum banter.

the other thing that sets them light years apart is the

DOUBLE DOUBLE

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

You Too wrote:
Jonny Lidon wrote:

DOUBLE DOUBLE
Not taking away from the fact that SID achieved the Double but I would have thought that the Double-Double was more a Club achievement, not just an A's Coaching achievement :?
Well in to the Gweet also !

What I admire most in Motts is that he is a product of the Downs (4 generations of the Mottram family involved at the Club) and he has led the Club to 3 Championships and a Challenge Cup.

Rodent
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Rodent »

swannsong wrote: Not taking away from the fact that SID achieved the Double but I would have thought that the Double-Double was more a Club achievement, not just an A's Coaching achievement :?
Well in to the Gweet also !

What I admire most in Motts is that he is a product of the Downs (4 generations of the Mottram family involved at the Club) and he has led the Club to 3 Championships and a Challenge Cup.
The Downs are lucky to have him for another season as this could have
been his last and possibly the decline of the Downs in Div 1 ... !!
I hope there is a plan for 2015 we don't want to see them fall !!
Every Rat has his day !!

Jonny Lidon
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Jonny Lidon »

You Too wrote:
Jonny Lidon wrote:

DOUBLE DOUBLE
When he achieves a cup win with very little money like Simo then sing his praises
would love to see super coach have success with no money to bring in the mercenaries
.........oh sorry i forgot, they all play for the love of the club :roll:

steve11
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by steve11 »

Way to go coach :roll:[/quote]

DOUBLE DOUBLE[/quote]

When he achieves a cup win with very little money like Simo then sing his praises
would love to see super coach have success with no money to bring in the mercenaries
.........oh sorry i forgot, they all play for the love of the club :roll:[/quote]

last time i checked giving someone more money doesnt make them a better player or try harder. If simmo gave every farm player an extra $100 a game this year would that make them a better team or higher on the table. I dont think so! be happy for Parafield Jonny Lidon, you seem to be very bitter with topics regarding the following clubs Modbury, Parafield don't you like them when they have success? :lol:

KING NUGGETT
Star Player
Star Player

Post by KING NUGGETT »

COMING SECOND TO MODBURY BY A POINT & THERE 1ST ROUND EXIT IN THE CUP MIGHT HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH HIS BITTER TWISTED VEIWS :wink:

I RESPECT INGLE FARM & SIMO, BUT I BELIEVE THAT FARM HAVE UNDERACHIEVED WITH THE SQUADS THAT THEY HAVE HAD IN THE LAST 4 YEARS & I AM SURE THAT EVEN THEY WOULD ADMIT TO THAT.

ON THE OTHER HAND WHAT INTER ACHIEVED THIS SEASON FINISHING 3RD IN THE LEAGUE & A CUP FINAL IM SURE EXCEEDED EVEN THERE EXPECTATIONS...

Est.1966

Jay Cartwright
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Jay Cartwright »

KING NUGGETT wrote:COMING SECOND TO MODBURY BY A POINT & THERE 1ST ROUND EXIT IN THE CUP MIGHT HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH HIS BITTER TWISTED VEIWS :wink:

I RESPECT INGLE FARM & SIMO, BUT I BELIEVE THAT FARM HAVE UNDERACHIEVED WITH THE SQUADS THAT THEY HAVE HAD IN THE LAST 4 YEARS & I AM SURE THAT EVEN THEY WOULD ADMIT TO THAT.

ON THE OTHER HAND WHAT INTER ACHIEVED THIS SEASON FINISHING 3RD IN THE LEAGUE & A CUP FINAL IM SURE EXCEEDED EVEN THERE EXPECTATIONS...
What tripe you talk Nuggett. Inter invested in a double winning coach and a number of double winning players. I'm sure they were expecting to have achieved more than that!

KING NUGGETT
Star Player
Star Player

Post by KING NUGGETT »

WHAT THE #@$& ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT JAY CARTWRIGHT?

SALISBURY INTER JUST FINISHED THERE BEST SEASON IN DIV.1 IN OVER 10 YEARS.
FINISHING 3RD IN THE LEAGUE & MAKING THE CUP FINAL & YOU RECON THEY WOULDN'T BE HAPPY WITH THAT & WOULDV'E EXPECTED MORE BECAUSE THEY GOT A CHAMPION WINNING COACH & A FEW PLAYERS?
I'M CERTAIN INGLE FARM, ELIZABETH VALE, PARA HILLS WEST & THE OTHER 8 DIV.1 CLUBS WOULDV'E GLADLY SWAPPED SEASONS WITH THEM.

Est.1966

FoundIt
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by FoundIt »

steve11 wrote:last time i checked giving someone more money doesnt make them a better player or try harder. If simmo gave every farm player an extra $100 a game this year would that make them a better team or higher on the table.
i think ur missing the point a bit. giving a player more money doesnt make him/her a better player, you're definitely right there! but paying enough money to attract the best players does help you assemble the best squad - thus beat teams who dont have the financial resources to attract those top level players.

if you looked at how much each team in Div 1 put into player wages/awards/compensation/petrol money or whatever you want to call it, or even guessed at it, it does seem like it coincides with the finishing positions on the league table. does it seem like too much of a coincidence ya reckon?

that was my interpretation of the point trying to be made.

even still, they do still have to train, turn up and be coached. so good on them anyway, im sure if we all had those resources available we'd do it.
Im closer than you think

I am Costanza
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by I am Costanza »

StDidacus wrote:
steve11 wrote:last time i checked giving someone more money doesnt make them a better player or try harder. If simmo gave every farm player an extra $100 a game this year would that make them a better team or higher on the table.
i think ur missing the point a bit. giving a player more money doesnt make him/her a better player, you're definitely right there! but paying enough money to attract the best players does help you assemble the best squad - thus beat teams who dont have the financial resources to attract those top level players.

if you looked at how much each team in Div 1 put into player wages/awards/compensation/petrol money or whatever you want to call it, or even guessed at it, it does seem like it coincides with the finishing positions on the league table. does it seem like too much of a coincidence ya reckon?

even still, they do still have to train, turn up and be coached. so good on them anyway, im sure if we all had those resources available we'd do it.
If our treasurer stopped taking holidays to the US every few months, maybe we could :)
BLSC - est 1971
1982 Div 4b
1989 Div 3b
2004 Div 4b
2006 Div 4a & Div 10
2009 Div 3b
2010 Div 3a & 3b
2013 Div 2b & Div 7
2014 Div 2b
2015 Div 2a, 2b, & Div 6 Sat & Sun

Rodent
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Rodent »

StDidacus wrote: if you looked at how much each team in Div 1 put into player wages/awards/compensation/petrol money or whatever you want to call it, or even guessed at it, it does seem like it coincides with the finishing positions on the league table. does it seem like too much of a coincidence ya reckon?
How much did each team in Div 1 put into player payments..??
I know our wage bill was bigger this year than last but that's
only because we won more games this year..!! but I'm sure our
overall bill is less than most clubs.
Every Rat has his day !!

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Rodent wrote:
StDidacus wrote: if you looked at how much each team in Div 1 put into player wages/awards/compensation/petrol money or whatever you want to call it, or even guessed at it, it does seem like it coincides with the finishing positions on the league table. does it seem like too much of a coincidence ya reckon?
I think often the Clubs know 'their' players costs but may not know of deals struck with players outside of the Club budget.
Not privvy to know if this happens at specific Clubs (ie Gardens, Downs etc.) but I do know it happens.
Vaguely recall stories of other Clubs players getting their house foundations paid for (or much cheaper) back in the early 80's.

FoundIt
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by FoundIt »

I am Costanza wrote:If our treasurer stopped taking holidays to the US every few months, maybe we could :)
thats half the cost compared to the money spent at rosewater foodland! :lol: :lol:
Im closer than you think

web
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by web »

even still, they do still have to train, turn up and be coached. so good on them anyway, im sure if we all had those resources available we'd do it.[/quote]

If our treasurer stopped taking holidays to the US every few months, maybe we could :)[/quote]

dont forget your Chairman going to Hawaii
You are more than welcome to Bring It On.

HAIL HAIL

I am Costanza
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by I am Costanza »

web wrote:that was my interpretation of the point trying to be made.

If our treasurer stopped taking holidays to the US every few months, maybe we could :)[/quote]

dont forget your Chairman going to Hawaii[/quote]

All very cosy for the exec committee it seems!
BLSC - est 1971
1982 Div 4b
1989 Div 3b
2004 Div 4b
2006 Div 4a & Div 10
2009 Div 3b
2010 Div 3a & 3b
2013 Div 2b & Div 7
2014 Div 2b
2015 Div 2a, 2b, & Div 6 Sat & Sun

web
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by web »

dont forget your Chairman going to Hawaii[/quote]

All very cosy for the exec committee it seems![/quote]

Club business, checking out the place for end of season trip
You are more than welcome to Bring It On.

HAIL HAIL

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Having trouble with my photo hosting site Flickr...will try to get some Finals photos up when it is sorted out.....

lefty
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by lefty »

swannsong wrote:
Rodent wrote:
I think often the Clubs know 'their' players costs but may not know of deals struck with players outside of the Club budget.
Not privvy to know if this happens at specific Clubs (ie Gardens, Downs etc.) but I do know it happens.
Vaguely recall stories of other Clubs players getting their house foundations paid for (or much cheaper) back in the early 80's.
Who cares at least our investment wasnt wasted :lol:

Once the DOUBLE DOUBLE winners cheques arrive we should break even :D

And we are having a Cup Double replay on the big screen this Friday night at the club.
I eat football, I sleep football, I breathe football. I'm not mad, I'm just passionate....Thierry Henry

carntyne square
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by carntyne square »

KING NUGGETT wrote:WHAT THE #@$& ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT JAY CARTWRIGHT?

SALISBURY INTER JUST FINISHED THERE BEST SEASON IN DIV.1 IN OVER 10 YEARS.
FINISHING 3RD IN THE LEAGUE & MAKING THE CUP FINAL & YOU RECON THEY WOULDN'T BE HAPPY WITH THAT & WOULDV'E EXPECTED MORE BECAUSE THEY GOT A CHAMPION WINNING COACH & A FEW PLAYERS?
I'M CERTAIN INGLE FARM, ELIZABETH VALE, PARA HILLS WEST & THE OTHER 8 DIV.1 CLUBS WOULDV'E GLADLY SWAPPED SEASONS WITH THEM.

Personally I would disagree with the notion that the farm would pay an extra 20k to go from 4th to 3rd. We would happily swap bank balances though. :D

carntyne square
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

last time i checked giving someone more money doesnt make them a better player or try harder. If simmo gave every farm player an extra $100 a game this year would that make them a better team or higher on the table. I dont think so! be happy for Parafield Jonny Lidon, you seem to be very bitter with topics regarding the following clubs Modbury, Parafield don't you like them when they have success? :lol:[/quote]

A fair point you make. What if simmo goes right outside the square and saves all those $100 bills and gives them to say two top shelf players. Say.....a striker and a midfielder. A crazy unheard of notion yes but how's his chances looking now?

steve11
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by steve11 »

carntyne square wrote:last time i checked giving someone more money doesnt make them a better player or try harder. If simmo gave every farm player an extra $100 a game this year would that make them a better team or higher on the table. I dont think so! be happy for Parafield Jonny Lidon, you seem to be very bitter with topics regarding the following clubs Modbury, Parafield don't you like them when they have success? :lol:
A fair point you make. What if simmo goes right outside the square and saves all those $100 bills and gives them to say two top shelf players. Say.....a striker and a midfielder. A crazy unheard of notion yes but how's his chances looking now?[/quote]

Air, Cox, noel, scored 25 goals between them this season

prob the 28 goals scored against might indicate that Farm might want to direct all those $100 bills in the defence :)

carntyne square
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

I never wrote the top part. You did. Secondly, agreed our defense bled a few this year. Thirdly, Thankyou for unintentionally confirming my point. :)

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

carntyne square wrote:Personally I would disagree with the notion that the farm would pay an extra 20k to go from 4th to 3rd. We would happily swap bank balances though. :D
If you are actually from where your alias suggests surely you would be used to abject poverty with little or no hope for the future?

Have they still got Kwik Save across Edinburgh road?