CL DRAW

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Chaos
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Re: CL DRAW

Post by Chaos »

haywood djablowme wrote:Arsenal v FC Bayern :D

Good draw United. Tough away trip for Chelski with Citeh & Arsenal going in as under dogs
United needed a good draw to help confidence again. Say it once you can say it a million times. United kissed on the proverbial every year it seems in this cup.

As for us, no complaints really. Just deserts for finishing as runners up. Gotta beat the best to win this. Only good thing is this tie comes at a great time for us. Germans will be coming off their break and hopefully confidence has risen again for the lads.
COLOSSUS wrote:Let me guess, ive got no balls

Kim Kallstrom
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Kim Kallstrom »

It's sad to see Arsenal get knocked out of the Champions League so early again

getborn
Star Player
Star Player

Post by getborn »

Can't say i'm upset for the Arsenal.

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

erik_lamela wrote:It's sad to see Arsenal get knocked out of the Champions League so early again
:cry: that your not even thought of when discussing UCL

3-3 last year with Bayern, knocked out on away goals rule!

Look forward to matching it again with the big boys of world football when it starts up again in late Feb
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

Kim Kallstrom
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Kim Kallstrom »

haywood djablowme wrote:
erik_lamela wrote:It's sad to see Arsenal get knocked out of the Champions League so early again
:cry: that your not even thought of when discussing UCL

3-3 last year with Bayern, knocked out on away goals rule!

Look forward to matching it again with the big boys of world football when it starts up again in late Feb
hopefully by then you won't have a backup striker who is a donkey.

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

Its official, Erik is now on par with BUBU.

Well done tard number 2 :D

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

erik_lamela wrote:hopefully by then you won't have a backup striker who is a donkey.
Do Spuds even have a striker?
Time for some righteous indignation

Kim Kallstrom
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Kim Kallstrom »

Stitch This wrote:
erik_lamela wrote:hopefully by then you won't have a backup striker who is a donkey.
before you goons start having a go at Soldado again, just remember how long it took Giroud to settle in his first season.. Pretty sure he had only scored about 3 or 4 goals in the league at this point last season

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

erik_lamela wrote:
Stitch This wrote:
before you goons start having a go at Soldado again,........
I may have been at Highbury twice in the last 4 weeks, but I ain't no Gooner ya bottle of shiraz yid

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

erik_lamela wrote:
Stitch This wrote:
before you goons start having a go at Soldado again, just remember how long it took Giroud to settle in his first season.. Pretty sure he had only scored about 3 or 4 goals in the league at this point last season

I count 6 and all from open play.

Kim Kallstrom
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Kim Kallstrom »

Stitch This wrote: I may have been at Highbury twice in the last 4 weeks, but I ain't no Gooner ya bottle of shiraz yid
I called you a goon not a gooner...

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

erik_lamela wrote: before you goons start having a go at Soldado again, just remember how long it took Giroud to settle in his first season.. Pretty sure he had only scored about 3 or 4 goals in the league at this point last season
Did you hear the story about Nicky B & Chamakh scoring more goals in open play in the EPL this year that Saldudo :?:

Just putting it out there as you SPUDS use to get joy out of giving them two a whole heap of shite

The Kings Jesta
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by The Kings Jesta »

Predictions:
BARCELONA V CITY City to win the same way Bayern did last year, strong fast, counter attacking play (especially if Messi is still/re injured)
PSG V LEVERKUSEN PSG, Zlatan trying to prove he can lead a team in big games... and Cavani is there if ZI fails.
BAYERN V ARSENAL Bayern, even better than City, so Arsenal won't cope, especially at the Allianz
ATLETICO V MILAN The most open tie for me, Milan on paper (if El Shar is back and firing), but Atleti on the pitch
BVB V ZENIT BVB, Zenit will have had a fair time off during the Russian winter break and will find it difficult to be back at full match sharpness
UTD V OLYMPIACOS Utd, but it may come to a moment like LFC v Olimpiacos in 2004 when Stevie G popped up with a goal that gave Andy Grey an on air orgasm
CHELSEA V GALATASARAY Chelsea, Drogba and Sneijder seeing their old boss, but Chelsea too much quality over the park... When Eboue is your first choice RB you know you're in trouble and he'll cop it as an Arsenal reject at the Bridge
REAL V SCHALKE Real in a canter and Ronaldo will probably get 5 in the tie

Kim Kallstrom
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Kim Kallstrom »

haywood djablowme wrote:
erik_lamela wrote: before you goons start having a go at Soldado again, just remember how long it took Giroud to settle in his first season.. Pretty sure he had only scored about 3 or 4 goals in the league at this point last season
Did you hear the story about Nicky B & Chamakh scoring more goals in open play in the EPL this year that Saldudo :?:

Just putting it out there as you SPUDS use to get joy out of giving them two a whole heap of shite
They were both good players before they joined/when they started at Arsenal but have gone downhill since then. Seemed like the longer they stayed there the worse they got. Soldado will come good, he got a hat-trick last week so hopefully that form translates into the league soon... possibly with a change in formation the new manager brings in.

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Stitch This wrote:
Do they even have a manager. Again

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

haywood djablowme wrote:

Flanagan has more goals in open play in the epl than soldado :wink:

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

erik_lamela wrote:
haywood djablowme wrote:

They were both good players before they joined/when they started at Arsenal but have gone downhill since then. Seemed like the longer they stayed there the worse they got. Soldado will come good, he got a hat-trick last week so hopefully that form translates into the league soon... possibly with a change in formation the new manager brings in.

How many goals has your mate Lamela got this year?

Kim Kallstrom
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Kim Kallstrom »

Derek wrote: How many goals has your mate Lamela got this year?
not as many as i'd hoped but willing to give him time as he is still learning English and is only 21. loan spell could be on the cards.

Chaos
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Chaos »

erik_lamela wrote:
not as many as i'd hoped but willing to give him time as he is still learning English and is only 21. loan spell could be on the cards.
Learning English = scoring goals now :? :lol:

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

Spurs fans should not be able to comment on this thread.
Spurs fans are so dense I once had a Spurs fan arguing with me that they were the first English team to win the European Cup - he was adamant!

Kim Kallstrom
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Kim Kallstrom »

Chaos wrote:
erik_lamela wrote:
well being able to communicate with other players does help..

Kim Kallstrom
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Kim Kallstrom »

Old Redback wrote:Spurs fans should not be able to comment on this thread.
Spurs fans are so dense I once had a Spurs fan arguing with me that they were the first English team to win the European Cup - he was adamant!
If he meant the European Cup Winners' Cup, he is correct

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

Chaos wrote:
erik_lamela wrote:
:lol: he gets worse and worse

Chaos
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Chaos »

erik_lamela wrote:
Chaos wrote:
erik_lamela wrote:
well being able to communicate with other players does help..
Ability to score helps more in anybody's eyes. English communication has naff all to do with it with the amount of foreigners in your squad. You think he's the only one :?: :lol:

In saying that, I've always said I've liked the look of the way this kid plays. Hope he proves me wrong though :wink:

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

erik_lamela wrote:
Stitch This wrote: I may have been at Highbury twice in the last 4 weeks, but I ain't no Gooner ya bottle of shiraz yid
I called you a goon not a gooner...
Just make sure you check the bowl before flushing.

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Another poor ref decision could cost us in the UCL.

Yes pen, but why show the red. Why not show one to Boatang when he brought down Ozil for our pen

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

We started so well, really can't believe Ozil missed another penalty, poor! But I do agree Szczesny should have only been shown a yellow. Now to
Battle with ten men for another 45 minutes.

Also Gibbs injured again, hopefully not for too long.

ruud
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by ruud »

haywood djablowme wrote:Another poor ref decision could cost us in the UCL.

Yes pen, but why show the red. Why not show one to Boatang when he brought down Ozil for our pen
While I dont agree with the rule, Im pretty sure technically it was red...

Ashes Whitewash
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Ashes Whitewash »

No-one is ever happy.
I'm sorry do you have a point or is this just another attempt to take to thread off topic?

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

The triple punishment now to be inflicted on Szczesny shits me! The whole dynamic of a game changes and an outfield player has to be sacrificed to make way for the reserve 'keeper. This happened recently to Howard of Everton in the EPL too, sent off for the merest of touches..

That was no DOGSO with Robben moving on an angle away from goal after only sort of controlling the ball.

No wonder the UEFA General Secretary has insisted the "triple punishment" issue is on the Laws-of-the-Game Board's AGM agenda of 1st March 2014 and that it is resolved 'once and for all'.

I hoped Arsenal could have held out 0-1. Koscielny shouldn't have gone walkabout.