Performance enhancing substances

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

Stich This
Squad Player
Squad Player

Performance enhancing substances

Post by Stich This »

Can anyone help.
My lad plays in FFSA juniors for a strong club.
He's skilful but at this stage lacking in strength compared to some teammates.
With the win- first attitude rather than development, my boy gets minimal game time because he can't shoot with as much venom, whereas others who are less skilful in many areas have matchwinning skills at this underage level.
I fear that the powers that be don't note his skills whereas the bigger kids are given much greater opportunity. For this reason , he may fall by the wayside unfairly.
Does anyone have any legal substances that my lad can take to increase his leg and body strength before its too late?

Not a serious question. Just frustrated.

Ginger Pele
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: Performance enhancing substances

Post by Ginger Pele »

kevinkeegan wrote:Can anyone help.
With the win- first attitude rather than development, my boy gets minimal game time because he can't shoot with as much venom, whereas others who are less skilful in many areas have matchwinning skills at this underage level.
I fear that the powers that be don't note his skills whereas the bigger kids are given much greater opportunity. For this reason , he may fall by the wayside unfairly.
Does anyone have any legal substances that my lad can take to increase his leg and body strength before its too late?

Simples.... He must of showed something through the trials to have gained a spot in the team so have a chat with the coach to see what the issue is..What age group???... If its a win first attitude then maybe you have to ask yourself whether you are at the right club although experience tells me the next club you may go to could be the same but certainly not all... Going to any club is easy BUT jagging the right coach is like winning the lottery!!!!

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

Sounds like an ideal person for a number 10 role. Show him the likes of Xavi, Silva, Ozil and get him to practice, practice.

coutinho10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by coutinho10 »

Venom is not needed to score a goals but does help. The right placement, body positioning and field positioning/runs does score you plenty of goals though. I have kids that are physically smaller and have more venom than the stronger ones nothing to do with leg strength etc but they listen and are executing technique correctly with no need to smash the hell out if it. Has this coach spent time with kids like your son on correct technique for striking the ball?
LIVERPOOL FC *****

ikon
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by ikon »

I have 3 of these types of players in my JPL team.

Picked them on skill and determination alone .. You have to manage it I feel you need to build them up while they build strength but maintaining their confidence ..

Unfortunately parents always want. "Timmy's" playing full games even when at times they can hardly stand on their feet because of the physical differences ..

We all know size doesn't matter .. It's how you use. It ....

PM if you want to know how I manage these boys .. One went from hardly playing in u10's .. To playing full games in u/11s to playing JPL u/12s and nominated for STIC.... Just has to be managed in position played and minutes played .

Stich This
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Stich This »

Thankyou all for your positive feedback.
Some very good points raised.

runcorn2adelaide
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by runcorn2adelaide »

Look for a coach who will develop him - this might mean moving clubs.
5 years ago my boy was in a similar position , however- I sought out good coaches to help develop him.
He made stic and was looked at for state representation.
He is currently playing u18/reserves in the NPL in a top 6 club.
Most importantly - make sure he enjoys his football :)
He is still the smallest player in the squad.

Stich This
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Stich This »

runcorn2adelaide wrote:Look for a coach who will develop him - this might mean moving clubs.
5 years ago my boy was in a similar position , however- I sought out good coaches to help develop him.
He made stic and was looked at for state representation.
He is currently playing u18/reserves in the NPL in a top 6 club.
Most importantly - make sure he enjoys his football :)
He is still the smallest player in the squad.
Good stuff.
We may have to bite the bullet next year.
Too late for this season I guess. I don't think
You can change clubs midseason .
Whilst its now going to be a long season, we
need to make the most of it anyway.
Thanks for your thoughts.

Sacred Noodle
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Sacred Noodle »

Are you crazy .. why would you allow your child to injest that crap .... big strong legs have little to do with striking the ball with venom ...!

Striking a ball with power has all to do with timing .. in fact timing is probably the most important aspect of football in general ...

I know young kids with skinny little not yet developed legs who can strike a ball with a lot more power than big strong developed kids and adults ...

If you haven't got inherit timing then big strong legs mean nothing ..
Last edited by Sacred Noodle on Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Just on the phone with Steven Dank now......................
Ignore this signature

Jett
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jett »

What substance are you on ???? Get real . Let your kid grow naturally on his own time.

Stich This
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Stich This »

Read my last line

Jett
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jett »

kevinkeegan wrote:Read my last line
Sorry for the insult, but i am getting the feeling that you are taking your kids soccer too serious. As said before, let your kid grow and develop in his own time, and just make sure he eats healthy foods, no junk.If he's so underweight as you make it sound like, take him to your G.P and you will get the proper help there, .

fossil
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by fossil »

do it natural give him pasta night before, make sure he has the good breaky no backin out because he says he may be feeling sick (they learn to control that reflex after a while) then feed him meat after the game and not just 1 snag it may cost you plenty but at every stage of juniors how much energy /weight is lost due to nerves etc each case is different, don't forget to get him to hydrate well.

the rest is about kickin the ball more and good balance skill drills like pilates etc (so he's equal on both sides of th ebody) all help strengthen muscle the rest is hard work and time.

as for your frustration a coffee or hhhhherbal tea may help :wink: