Cup Second Round Results

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

CelticCrane36
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Cup Second Round Results

Post by CelticCrane36 »

safehands wrote:
CelticCrane36 wrote:Can anyone tell me Elizabeth Downs reserves game is still on tomorro?

Heard a rumour of a forfeit and don't feel like showing up to watch the grass grow.

The rumor is correct, Villa forfeited. Shame as there is a good day planned at Argana Park, band playing in the club after the A's game. Was really looking forward to playing against Villa too.

On saying that get down, as the grass growing can be pretty exciting too.
That is a shame. Will just have to get down a little later. Cheers for the update.

Caretaker Coach
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Caretaker Coach »

looks like San Marco had a good come from behind 3-2 win over Flinders -reading SMFC fb page. Like to check all the clubs fb page, get updates on there, and some of them are good reads.

othsc4life
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by othsc4life »

Jeremy Paxman wrote:
I wrote:A's: Salisbury Villa 1 One Tree Hill 0
This game was a lot faster than the reserves game. Villa took the lead just after half time in what turned out to be the only goal of the game.
Thought it was a great game. Played in good spirits. Villa probably deserving of the win in the end although I thought we had some good chances to get a result, just couldn't capitalise especially in the last 20

Azzurri80
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Azzurri80 »

othsc4life wrote:
Jeremy Paxman wrote:
I wrote:A's: Salisbury Villa 1 One Tree Hill 0
This game was a lot faster than the reserves game. Villa took the lead just after half time in what turned out to be the only goal of the game.
Thought it was a great game. Played in good spirits. Villa probably deserving of the win in the end although I thought we had some good chances to get a result, just couldn't capitalise especially in the last 20
Definitely an improvement on our last meeting. :wink:

Fresh Football
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Fresh Football »

B's

Ingle Farm 0 Adelaide Wanderers 1
Adelaide Wanderers
2005 COLLEGIATE CUP CHAMPIONS
2006 CHAMPIONS Sat Div 2 A
2006 DIVISIONAL CHAMPIONS
2006 CHAMPIONS Sat Div 2 B
2008 CHAMPIONS Sat Div 1 A
2008 CHAMPIONS OF CHAMPIONS
2013 CHALLENGE CUP QUARTER FINALISTS
http://www.adelaidewanderers.com

gone
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gone »

B's Modbury Vista 1 Stirling 0 - I was surprised, being Sunday Div 1, I expected Vista to be better
(pitch was very bumpy, which didn't help anyone)

First half, with Stirling on top early, Vista's goal on the break was well struck from distance. Apart from that they had a couple more long range efforts and one good sequence of play where they got behind our defence and put a ball across the face of goal that went begging. Second half was pretty even, with both sides having good periods of play and Vista maybe slightly on top. No clear cut chances until the last minute when Vista can thank their keeper for a point blank reflex save.
Stirling District (est 1967) 32 seasons successfully avoiding a Championship then this
1999 Div 2 Champions
2002 Div 2 & 2B
2004 Div 1 & Champion of Champions
2007 Div 1 & 1B
2009 Div 1B
2011 Div 1B
2013 Div 2B & 7C
2014 Div 2B

lefty
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by lefty »

Reserves Cup
Tea Tree Gully 3-4 Parafield

Challenge Cup
Plympton 1-5 Parafield
Last edited by lefty on Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I eat football, I sleep football, I breathe football. I'm not mad, I'm just passionate....Thierry Henry

ontheblackburner
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by ontheblackburner »

Ressies: Vale 2 - Florina 3

As: Florina 9 - Pumas 4
#venkysout

Salisbury Florina (1970 - 2018)
2005 SAASL Sunday Division 2 Champions
2009 SAASL Sunday Premier League Champions
2013 SAASL Sunday Division 2 Champions

https://www.facebook.com/MantonStTribe
https://www.twitter.com/MantonStTribe

albion83
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by albion83 »

Fresh Football wrote:B's

Ingle Farm 0 Adelaide Wanderers 1

First Team :
Ingle Farm 5 Modbury Vista 0
Missed penalty and a whole lot of other chances, too

Frank Costanza
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Frank Costanza »

Bs - Polonia 2 McLaren Districts 3

Fair to say we were terrible today and McLaren played for 90mins and probably deserved to win given how poor we were. Not one of their people came in after the game for a drink which was disappointing but it happens.

Just a comment about the ref today. Whilst we felt aggrieved by some decisions today and as a player I am often guilty of letting them know how I feel, for a 17 year old I thought he handled himself very well. The game got very heated in the 2nd half but overall I thought the ref deserved a positive mention.
WHO TOOK MY TV GUIDE???

Ofor Fuxake
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Ofor Fuxake »

Frank Costanza wrote:Whilst we felt aggrieved by some decisions today
At the end of the day no-one is ever going to agree with every decision.
You can lead a horse to water but they are bloody hard to drown.

Frank Costanza
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Frank Costanza »

Ofor Fuxake wrote:
Frank Costanza wrote:Whilst we felt aggrieved by some decisions today
At the end of the day no-one is ever going to agree with every decision.
Clearly but in his position and given his age, I applaud his efforts today.
It would be very difficult for someone that age to try and control 22 adults in a fiery game like today
WHO TOOK MY TV GUIDE???

reddevil
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by reddevil »

Frank Costanza wrote:Bs - Polonia 2 McLaren Districts 3

Fair to say we were terrible today and McLaren played for 90mins and probably deserved to win given how poor we were. Not one of their people came in after the game for a drink which was disappointing but it happens.

Just a comment about the ref today. Whilst we felt aggrieved by some decisions today and as a player I am often guilty of letting them know how I feel, for a 17 year old I thought he handled himself very well. The game got very heated in the 2nd half but overall I thought the ref deserved a positive mention.

From a McLaren perspective. Sorry we didn’t stay for a drink after the game – as most southern teams will tell you 90% of our team are under 18 and cannot legally stay for a drink. Coupled with this is the despicable way your lot reared up at us at the end of the game, particularly your keeper who threatened to smack one of our lads for tipping his cap – yes the ref had a very good game and had he thought there was anything in the keeper / player incident would have called it. I was threatened by a couple of your players when I tried to get between the keeper and player.

Most of the lads shook hands after the game but the odd few were adamant that they were ripped off and had been threatened and abused by my young lads (average age of 18) and refused, telling us to shiraz off.
We watched Polonia over the last three weeks and were amazed that this week we did not recognize any of their players. After the game we spoke with one of their lads who told us we played 90% of their A grade, the same team that knocked out Adelaide Uni Premier team in the previous round.
Honestly couldn’t give a t=oss who we play or their grade, just be honest with us. We really feel for your genuine B grade who missed out today – yes the A grade players were probably not cup tied, as you claim, but does take the pi-ss out of the reserves when they are not even allowed to play their own cup game. One player after the game said that he knew that it would eventually catch up with them had they got into the latter stages of the cup.
I am not going to get into a slanging match with a club that we held the utmost respect for – but at the end of the day take it for what it is – we scored three you scored two – we are I the next round – and we wish you all the best for the season.

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

Bit rich considering for the last 2 years McLaren Districts has basically had 2 teams and the better team play the better side in the reserve league not sure how helpful playing Saturday Division 4 B's is for them
Are you Bodo in disguise?

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

Knight15 wrote:Bit rich considering for the last 2 years McLaren Districts has basically had 2 teams and the better side play in the reserve league not sure how helpful playing Saturday Division 4 B's is for them
Are you Bodo in disguise?

ManCityMan
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by ManCityMan »

Glad to hear some love for the referees out there. If you see a good one don't hesitate to email the league or the SAASRA. They have a few assessors who are there to help refs get better and grade them, but good news stories from clubs are welcomed.

reddevil
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by reddevil »

Knight15 wrote:Bit rich considering for the last 2 years McLaren Districts has basically had 2 teams and the better team play the better side in the reserve league not sure how helpful playing Saturday Division 4 B's is for them

As per my previous reply to Knight15 earlier this year- not our choice and your opinion not ours.

Thanks for the compliment though - not bad for basically an 18 year old team.

looking forward to playing you guys again in the Southern cup next year. :)

All the best Southern Knights

Frank Costanza
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Frank Costanza »

reddevil wrote:

From a McLaren perspective. Sorry we didn’t stay for a drink after the game – as most southern teams will tell you 90% of our team are under 18 and cannot legally stay for a drink. Coupled with this is the despicable way your lot reared up at us at the end of the game, particularly your keeper who threatened to smack one of our lads for tipping his cap – yes the ref had a very good game and had he thought there was anything in the keeper / player incident would have called it. I was threatened by a couple of your players when I tried to get between the keeper and player.

Most of the lads shook hands after the game but the odd few were adamant that they were ripped off and had been threatened and abused by my young lads (average age of 18) and refused, telling us to shiraz off.
We watched Polonia over the last three weeks and were amazed that this week we did not recognize any of their players. After the game we spoke with one of their lads who told us we played 90% of their A grade, the same team that knocked out Adelaide Uni Premier team in the previous round.
Honestly couldn’t give a t=oss who we play or their grade, just be honest with us. We really feel for your genuine B grade who missed out today – yes the A grade players were probably not cup tied, as you claim, but does take the pi-ss out of the reserves when they are not even allowed to play their own cup game. One player after the game said that he knew that it would eventually catch up with them had they got into the latter stages of the cup.
I am not going to get into a slanging match with a club that we held the utmost respect for – but at the end of the day take it for what it is – we scored three you scored two – we are I the next round – and we wish you all the best for the season.
We decided to mix the teams for the cup comps this year to try and progress as far as possible. Today didn't work out for us but I'm not bitter about it. We're not the only club to have done it and we certainly won't be the last.
Enjoy the fact you're in the last 16 mate
WHO TOOK MY TV GUIDE???

terryball
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by terryball »

Brahma 0v Vale1

reddevil
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by reddevil »

Frank Costanza wrote:
reddevil wrote:

We decided to mix the teams for the cup comps this year to try and progress as far as possible. Today didn't work out for us but I'm not bitter about it. We're not the only club to have done it and we certainly won't be the last.
Enjoy the fact you're in the last 16 mate

Thanks Frank it was a game worthy of the final- we wish you all the very best for the season all the McLaren lads.

Fresh Football
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Fresh Football »

ManCityMan wrote:Glad to hear some love for the referees out there. If you see a good one don't hesitate to email the league or the SAASRA. They have a few assessors who are there to help refs get better and grade them, but good news stories from clubs are welcomed.
The B's ref doing Farm v Wanderers was the best I'd seen in a long while...
Adelaide Wanderers
2005 COLLEGIATE CUP CHAMPIONS
2006 CHAMPIONS Sat Div 2 A
2006 DIVISIONAL CHAMPIONS
2006 CHAMPIONS Sat Div 2 B
2008 CHAMPIONS Sat Div 1 A
2008 CHAMPIONS OF CHAMPIONS
2013 CHALLENGE CUP QUARTER FINALISTS
http://www.adelaidewanderers.com

ontheblackburner
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by ontheblackburner »

Got to say that the ref we had at the Vale today was also very good. Controlled the game brilliantly, made the right calls, spoke to players respectfully. Well done.
#venkysout

Salisbury Florina (1970 - 2018)
2005 SAASL Sunday Division 2 Champions
2009 SAASL Sunday Premier League Champions
2013 SAASL Sunday Division 2 Champions

https://www.facebook.com/MantonStTribe
https://www.twitter.com/MantonStTribe

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

big thanks to the Vista folk for picking up all their rubbish today, cheers

chunky-monkey
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by chunky-monkey »

otto62 wrote:B's Modbury Vista 1 Stirling 0 - I was surprised, being Sunday Div 1, I expected Vista to be better
(pitch was very bumpy, which didn't help anyone)

First half, with Stirling on top early, Vista's goal on the break was well struck from distance. Apart from that they had a couple more long range efforts and one good sequence of play where they got behind our defence and put a ball across the face of goal that went begging. Second half was pretty even, with both sides having good periods of play and Vista maybe slightly on top. No clear cut chances until the last minute when Vista can thank their keeper for a point blank reflex save.
A lot of traffic on our pitch mate with 450+ juniors and 5 senior sides. Can't be helped. Had plenty players out today and did the best we could with who was available. Keeper did make 3 amazing saves but I think your strikers should be kicking them selves, terrible finishing.

n8
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by n8 »

Downs 9 vs ma hawks 0

As the captain today for the hawks I would like to thank the downs for the hospitality after the game!!! Was a pleasure to come up and play you guys you taught us a footballing lesson!!! And from which we will be better for it in our league!!!
Was good fun having a laugh with all the boys behind the goals made the loss just that little bit easier to take!!!

Good luck for the rest of the season you guys won plenty of fans today from our club!!!
All the best and I'll deffienently be out again to watch you guys play later on in the season!!!
Thank you

PASC
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PASC »

reddevil wrote:

Like frank said we mixed up the teams mate, and the majority of our Bs were "allowed" as you put it, to grind it out against Parafield Gardens As in the previous cup game... they only lost 5-0, came off with their heads held high after a solid effort, our keeper had the game if his life, and they got a faark load of respect from a Double winning club... so you think thats taking the piss out of them...
God is an Englishman wrote: As for me being a tosser on this forum, it's not just on the forum. I'm a tosser in real life as well.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Southern Knights ( 5 ) Torrens Valley ( 1 )
Ross McNab 3...........................Nathan Lieberwirth
Josh Foglia
Ben Jones

Best of luck to Steve Horsburgh and the lads from Torrens Valley, pushed Knights all day and with a bit of luck going Knights way....good hard
game with some good football from both sides.
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Any one know and can post the results from any of these games...

Known results....
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

reddevil
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by reddevil »

swannsong wrote:Any one know and can post the results from any of these games...

Known results....

According to their FB page - Munno Para City v OISC 1:3

Pi55 Take
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Pi55 Take »

A: St Peters 3 Stirling 1
B: St Peters 9 BH United 0