Sunday Div2 -- Will it be a competitive Division??

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Ronnie#10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Ronnie#10 »

Some valid points from other people. Ive said what i wanted to say. Im not going to sit on here posting 100's off responses. I thought it was time for a change so i did it :D

Los Del Eague
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Los Del Eague »

East Boy wrote:I think what carra is saying about the play is granted. I know who he's on about and i rekon he is spot on. Not worth even writing this much about u ronnie. Oh well, C team is your standard, so enjoy work and life in "C" land.
I think I love you east boy :oops:

what are you doing tonight :wink:
The young boys said unto him....."go up baldhead, go up"......so he did, rose like a salmon and nodded the ball into the net......1 nil! :-)

Los Del Eague
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Los Del Eague »

Ronnie#10 wrote:Im not going to sit on here posting 100's off responses. :D
Arhhhhhhhh
I was enjoying this! :wink:
The young boys said unto him....."go up baldhead, go up"......so he did, rose like a salmon and nodded the ball into the net......1 nil! :-)

sidopolous
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sidopolous »

I predict Ronnie will not play Cs

marooned
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by marooned »

mod vista 1st
ttg 2nd
pontians 3rd

my picks for div 2 this year
http://www.edsc.com.au

"It's not how good you are, but how bad you want it"

harryhandsome1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by harryhandsome1 »

Bulldog i dont think you were harsh on Fulham last season you gave it out and took it back, wind up having a laugh whatever its all in jest, i think :twisted:

avenell_road
Star Player
Star Player

Post by avenell_road »

I disagree with the C team comment. In terms of ability alone Ronnie would without a doubt start in the Vista or TTG first team.

If this does not happen it is because of other reasons which I need not go into.

Golden EAGLE
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Golden EAGLE »

marooned wrote:mod vista 1st
ttg 2nd
pontians 3rd

Marooned with what you saw of the pontians last year and we are a 50% better side this year surely we would be considered favourites!

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

Golden EAGLE wrote:
ttg 2nd
pontians 3rd

Marooned with what you saw of the pontians last year and we are a 50% better side this year surely we would be considered favourites!
Your my favourites!

BTW - you get very defensive everytime someone tips against you - why worry it won't effect the way you play!

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

ttg 2nd
pontians 3rd

My feelings are hurt marooned.
I saw pontians play against you last year, the score should have been 8 nil to the downs. they were slow and boring. i almost nodded off watching that game
Cant believe you think they will finish higher than the mighty west beach

BEACHBUM
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by BEACHBUM »

Golden EAGLE wrote:
BEACHBUM wrote:
robinfriday10 wrote:funny beachbum you come out with this claim on the day your club is drawn against us in the cup, you wouldnt be trying to unsettle our club would you??it won't cause everyones there 4 the shirt.with our 2 biggest name players not playing this year and picking up replacements from athelstone,vista,jets ams,23's and a vale player walking thru the gate at the start of pre season do you really think we are gunna offer them $1500 to sign on, or our 5 teenagers in the first team squad , or are they the ones your refering to?you forgot to mention the $200 [per game as well!!! Jealous beachbum ? maybe the fact your struggling to fulfill a c team, your a tact on afterthought to lockleys footy club!!but i did hear you painted your club rooms, good luck to ya, must have been a big celeb party!! small club mentality!!! but i spose most clubs have one! and big dan told me your all good lads down there?? question mark over 1..
. lets start with our c team. struggling for players?first season for the boys and they will be fine. will pass on your concerns though. we are actually tact on to the baseball club and the new paint job looks great. you guys are getting a bit touchy for a club thats not paying, you have to be honest though, if these players are as good as your saying. you would have to be offering more than just div 2 football. and please dont just say its because of the great club atmosphere. thats what pontians say
What is meant by that comment Beach Bum? what are all clubs the same, all do the same things at training, all have the same individuals training and running the club? I believe The Pontians have something different especially coming off a season where you have won a league both As and Bs. Cant wait till we play ya
comment explains it self, stop paying big money to your players and they will leave. would you like me to type it a bit slower for you.
oh yeah our scotch is the cheapest in the league aswell so make sure you have a few at our ground
THE BEAUTIFUL GAME

marooned
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by marooned »

sorry big dan west beach can win the div. what i was refering too was who will have the most posts on these forums. vista 1 ttg2 pontians3 :twisted:
http://www.edsc.com.au

"It's not how good you are, but how bad you want it"

Mr X
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Mr X »

GULLY BOYZ wrote:As robin friday pointed out before As Bs Cs over 35s and the riff raff side who infact would beat or give any over 35s side a good run, if any side would like a game (friendly). who have around 24 turn up! thats who burt from vista tries to have a kick with ! got to give it to him turns up each week still cant get off the bench, god bless him! hope that calculates ok for you MR X
do your riff raff play in a league? if so you have 5 teams?

Stretch
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Stretch »

Perhap Pontians should just have skipped straight to Div 1!?! I can't believe how many people are falling for Golden Eagles hype. Teams that play for the shirt and not the dollar will grind out the results in the tough games or are we suggesting Pontians won't have any tough games. It was a really close league last year. Are we now saying that Ingle Farm were just a mediocre team? I reckon the Farm B team could win Div 3 without dropping any points.
If Pontians do win the league, then you will have won it the hard way as every game will be a cup final. Good luck.
After all that...
1st TTG (100 seniors have got to have a few good players)
2nd West Beach - close last year and have awesome forward line
3rd Pontians

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

marooned wrote:sorry big dan west beach can win the div. what i was refering too was who will have the most posts on these forums. vista 1 ttg2 pontians3 :twisted:
:lol:

Beach_Driller
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Beach_Driller »

I reckon Fulham and Ingle farm will have more post than anyone!! :lol:
Pain is only weakness leaving the body!

robinfriday10
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by robinfriday10 »

riff raff utd do not play club football, they are mainly aging footballers who come up to the club every wednesday night and have a kickaround, there is always a minimum of 20-24 max probably 30-34, and they play approx 50 weeks of the year.100 seniors at the gully is probably 20 more than reality.(is there such thing as reality on this forum??).

Mr X
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Mr X »

Thats fine RobinFriday - just wondered if they were another over 35's team? thats brilliant for your club in terms of support, atmosphere around your club during the week and probably bar takings.

Mr Football
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Mr Football »

Knight7 wrote:
Golden EAGLE wrote:
ttg 2nd
pontians 3rd

Your my favourites!

BTW - you get very defensive everytime someone tips against you - why worry it won't effect the way you play!
I was just thinking that knight7, if they are not predicted as out right favs then hug gets all upset and puzzled, after all they've got the best bunch of players amatuer money can buy, why should we pick against them :?
DIVING:
Admition of defeat
Pure cheating
RUINS THE BEAUTIFUL GAME!!!

Xplosive
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Xplosive »

avenell_road wrote:I disagree with the C team comment. In terms of ability alone Ronnie would without a doubt start in the Vista or TTG first team.

If this does not happen it is because of other reasons which I need not go into.
Good to see someone acknowledge Ronnie's talent level. I always thought his style was never suited to the old fashioned "kick and hope" game that seems to have been Modbury Vista's staple since inception.

Ronnie and I learned our trade initially through Modbury Vista's junior setup until moving to a Fed club at age 13 where we were well and truly under the pump due to a lack of skill development at Vista. We managed to survive a few seasons before we both decided to go amatuer. And lo and behold the Vista style hadn't changed after all those years!!

Our funniest (and most relevant) memory of our formative years at Modbury Vista was our coaches innovative teaching methodology of yelling "BIG KICK RUSSELL" in our ears. Fantastic lessons they were.

Long live Modbury Vista!

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

Xplosive wrote:
avenell_road wrote:I disagree with the C team comment. In terms of ability alone Ronnie would without a doubt start in the Vista or TTG first team.

Good to see someone acknowledge Ronnie's talent level. I always thought his style was never suited to the old fashioned "kick and hope" game that seems to have been Modbury Vista's staple since inception.

Ronnie and I learned our trade initially through Modbury Vista's junior setup until moving to a Fed club at age 13 where we were well and truly under the pump due to a lack of skill development at Vista. We managed to survive a few seasons before we both decided to go amatuer. And lo and behold the Vista style hadn't changed after all those years!!

Our funniest (and most relevant) memory of our formative years at Modbury Vista was our coaches innovative teaching methodology of yelling "BIG KICK RUSSELL" in our ears. Fantastic lessons they were.

Long live Modbury Vista!

I think you should seriously consider therapy - blaming the lack of development at a club (that you left by your own admission at 13) on the fact you never made the "big time" - perhaps you just weren't good enough at 13 you still had your chance

AbsolutePants
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by AbsolutePants »

I agree with Xplosive. I have had experience with both Vista and Gully at both junior and senior level, and whilst I'm not the most technically-gifted player ever to take the field, what I have learned has come from Gully, at both levels.
I would only be recognised at Vista by people I knew from outside the club or by the players from the grade I played in, because that's the way the club appears to run.
Contrast this with Gully, where any given player (or coach) will more than likely know the name of, and a little about, any other player they see on the track.
I love the way Gully is run, and it's no wonder there's so many players out this season because everyone is welcomed and given the chance to prove their worth.

And Carra23, you should think about what you're saying, even in jest. Amateur league has players who may move to a closer or different club in any given season because of family, work, just for a change, or for any other reason, and you could well be driving away the future A graders of Modbury Vista.

Golden EAGLE
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Golden EAGLE »

I just wanted to know if there was a legitamite reason for you guys to tip against us or is just that your jealous that we have such a strong team and you want us to lose, top poppy syntrome i think its called.

I dont think it will be easy for us and neither does the club. We know that every game we play the opposition will take it as a cup final so it will be hard. Im not even going to comment anymore on the topic of paying players I have said that we dont if you guys still think we do then you are missing out, come to the club and ask the coach that you want to play for us and see how much he offers you.

As for the comment of West beach having the best strikers who are they and where have they played and how many goals did they score last year?
As for your scotch we dont drink anything younger than 12 year old scotch

I havent been afraid to post our squad and team but the rest of the div is reluctant to say who plays for them? Maybe I was just to honest and naive to tell ya who is playing for us.

Cant wait for the season to start and see the boys play the Knights and hopefully get up for a win.

Golden EAGLE
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Golden EAGLE »

Mr Football wrote:
Knight7 wrote:
Golden EAGLE wrote:
ttg 2nd
pontians 3rd

Your my favourites!

I was just thinking that knight7, if they are not predicted as out right favs then hug gets all upset and puzzled, after all they've got the best bunch of players amatuer money can buy, why should we pick against them :?
Nice, have you received one? :D [/b]

AbsolutePants
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by AbsolutePants »

Knight7 wrote: I think you should seriously consider therapy - blaming the lack of development at a club (that you left by your own admission at 13) on the fact you never made the "big time" - perhaps you just weren't good enough at 13 you still had your chance
No matter what club you're at or how good you are as a player, good coaching at a young age can have a significant impact on the way you play the game throughout your life.

Xplosive
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Xplosive »

Knight7 wrote:
Xplosive wrote:

Long live Modbury Vista!

I think you should seriously consider therapy - blaming the lack of development at a club (that you left by your own admission at 13) on the fact you never made the "big time" - perhaps you just weren't good enough at 13 you still had your chance
Who said anything about making the big time? I held no hopes of making a living out of soccer myself (Im a realist!), its just that there are a zillion kids out there that would have a much improved shot of making your so called "big time" if they were taught the game properly.

getstuckin
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by getstuckin »

good luck to the vista boys that have gone across to the better club in the gully,i have been involved with both clubs and i personally would say that i found the gully and still do a much better club,still have a few good mates and coaches there now.personally didnt get on to well with many vista ppl at my time there and certainly since i left.except maybe a few of the coaches in the last few years.
they gully certainly has a big drinking culture but very frienly and welcoming mob.personally cant say that about vista,certainly would love the gully to get back to div 1 as maybe i had a little part in turning the wheel so to speak in the right direction..

Spellow House
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Spellow House »

AbsolutePants wrote:I agree with Xplosive. I have had experience with both Vista and Gully at both junior and senior level, and whilst I'm not the most technically-gifted player ever to take the field, what I have learned has come from Gully, at both levels.
I would only be recognised at Vista by people I knew from outside the club or by the players from the grade I played in, because that's the way the club appears to run.
Contrast this with Gully, where any given player (or coach) will more than likely know the name of, and a little about, any other player they see on the track.
I love the way Gully is run, and it's no wonder there's so many players out this season because everyone is welcomed and given the chance to prove their worth.

And Carra23, you should think about what you're saying, even in jest. Amateur league has players who may move to a closer or different club in any given season because of family, work, just for a change, or for any other reason, and you could well be driving away the future A graders of Modbury Vista.

Another fecking expert with NO sense of humour. We only joined this rant because people had the right to give their educated opinion on the coaching staff at Vista, we gave ours. As for driving away future A graders...HA! As other fecking experts have been quick to point out recently, our first team has been looking more like a colts team! As the games that matter approach, I wish almost all of you the best of luck. (that includes you Glenda)
Oh, and thanks for coming.
EVERTONIANS ARE BORN, NOT MANUFACTURED. WE DO NOT CHOOSE, WE ARE CHOSEN. THOSE WHO UNDERSTAND, NEED NO EXPLANATION. THOSE WHO DONT....DONT MATTER!

Mr Football
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Mr Football »

Born and bread a vista boy and there for i very much dislike the gully but is purely cause they are closest rivals, i don't go bagging the coaching methods, players at the club or the way its run, i just don't like them because they are the gully but some of the posts on here a making me think they are just a mob of tossers.

Either way i can't wait to play them again, it's going to be a very hard fought game :twisted:
DIVING:
Admition of defeat
Pure cheating
RUINS THE BEAUTIFUL GAME!!!

AbsolutePants
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by AbsolutePants »

Spellow House wrote: Another fecking expert with NO sense of humour.
Mate, you say something funny, and I'll laugh. :D