Lady Reds Coach To Quit

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

magicfootball1
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: Lady Reds Coach To Quit

Post by magicfootball1 »

More ntc girls quiting ? Noticed a few playing prems on the stats.
Also ,if anyone can clarify, wasn't only keepers allowed to play for club, while in ntc? HOw is it that there is several players from ntc { field} paying in prems teams.

HAve the rules changed again or just for some and not others.
E.g. Lauren steer, tiarn Powell ?

Finding Sportsbird
In Memory of Dylan Tombides

Post by Finding Sportsbird »

The 2 girls you mentioned are to old for NTC.

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by juniorsupporter »

I think it's worth mentioning that the girls who have aged out of NTC have returned to Prems clubs- playing on Sunday's. 8-10 girls.

gone
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gone »

juniorsupporter wrote:I think it's worth mentioning that the girls who have aged out of NTC have returned to Prems clubs- playing on Sunday's. 8-10 girls.
So maybe NTC does benefit local clubs?
Stirling District (est 1967) 32 seasons successfully avoiding a Championship then this
1999 Div 2 Champions
2002 Div 2 & 2B
2004 Div 1 & Champion of Champions
2007 Div 1 & 1B
2009 Div 1B
2011 Div 1B
2013 Div 2B & 7C
2014 Div 2B

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

magicfootball1 wrote:More ntc girls quiting ? Noticed a few playing prems on the stats.
Also ,if anyone can clarify, wasn't only keepers allowed to play for club, while in ntc? HOw is it that there is several players from ntc { field} paying in prems teams.

HAve the rules changed again or just for some and not others.
E.g. Lauren steer, tiarn Powell ?
The rules are as follows: NTC players are able to play for their respective clubs on match days only but are not permitted to train with them.
I believe Lauren Steer is still involved with the NTC and is eligible to play for her club.

However, another NTC player has pulled out of the program. Wonder why?

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

To be clear, there are several players who are 18+, exactly 6 atm, who train with the NTC program- they were originally intended to be a Lady Reds Training squad. These players all played for, or trained on with, the Lady Reds last season. They are too old to play NTC matches in the U15B boys competition. They only train with NTC and are not technically NTC players. The NTC squad is U17. These older players play with Prems clubs on Sundays but do not train with them during the week. They are participating in the Prems competition with their respective clubs.

There are also several players who played in the NTC challenge last year, who are too old for the program (18+) and who are back with their clubs full time-

The NTC squad is U17 and they play in the U15B JPL competition. They cannot register with a Prems club, as they are registered to play with the NTC squad- so no different rules, no double registration, just like everyone else. When you use the term NTC, these are the players you are referring to, not the older ones

Worthless Gobemouche
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Worthless Gobemouche »

Juniorsupporter. After speaking to several people over the weekend, it seems that rather than train with the NTC squad, there are an increasing amount of these girls choosing to train with U18 / reserves state league mens sides.

Are you aware if this is the case and if so, are you aware of the reasoning behind wanting to train with a State League mens side over the NTC program ?

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

As far as I am aware there is only one player, and she trains with the State League side in addition to, not instead of, the NTC. She attends boys training Thursday nights, and is at all four NTC sessions during the week. She plays games on Saturday afternoons.

As there are only 6 18+ girls training with NTC, and she is one of them, I am unaware of any others playing boys- one not playing club at all, the other four are with Prems clubs. Could be the one who says she isn 't playing has been picked up by a state league u18 side, don't know.

There are no 'NTC' games for these particular girls to play in, so they have found other places to play, while attending all NTC trainings.

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

juniorsupporter

Just curious as to why the NTC have allowed this player to train with the boys when all NTC players were specifically advised that they can only train with the NTC and play for their club.
Why is she an exception?

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

No idea.

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

sportsbird wrote:juniorsupporter

Just curious as to why the NTC have allowed this player to train with the boys when all NTC players were specifically advised that they can only train with the NTC and play for their club.
Why is she an exception?
It sounds like a case of good for certain players but not for the others.

Clubs would not be happy with that exemption as they have been arguing to allow their players at least one training session per week but were blatantly told they will not be training with their club.

Yet this player has been given exemption to the rule.

The other question is, why is this player going to the boys club? Is it because our coaches of the NTC program may not be up to standard or is the NTC looking after certain players to gain an edge over other players to gain a pathway into the matildas.

Now I understand why some players get upset with the coaching staff running the program and decide to leave.

gone
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gone »

sportsbird wrote:

Why is she an exception?

Clubs would not be happy with that exemption as they have been arguing to allow their players at least one training session per week but were blatantly told they will not be training with their club.

The other question is, why is this player going to the boys club? Is it because our coaches of the NTC program may not be up to standard or is the NTC looking after certain players to gain an edge over other players to gain a pathway into the matildas.

Now I understand why some players get upset with the coaching staff running the program and decide to leave.
Aren't the players you're talking about two of the overage players who are simply training on with the NTC squad, but not actually part of the NTC squad itself? If that's the case then the NTC rules don't apply to them.

As for why are players training with boys/men - you say is it because NTC training isn't good enough? Yet they're still training with NTC despite being overage, so they obviously see some benefit there. On the other hand they aren't training with or playing for a Prem team. To use your own logic: is it because our coaches of the Prem teams may not be up to standard?

(Note: I have had no connection with the Stirling District women's team for 20 years and am not connected in any way with SDFC except as a supporter.)
Stirling District (est 1967) 32 seasons successfully avoiding a Championship then this
1999 Div 2 Champions
2002 Div 2 & 2B
2007 Div 1 & 1B
2009 Div 1B
2011 Div 1B
2013 Div 2B & 7C
2014 Div 2B

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

otto62 wrote:
sportsbird wrote:

Why is she an exception?

Aren't the players you're talking about two of the overage players who are simply training on with the NTC squad, but not actually part of the NTC squad itself? If that's the case then the NTC rules don't apply to them.

As for why are players training with boys/men - you say is it because NTC training isn't good enough? Yet they're still training with NTC despite being overage, so they obviously see some benefit there. On the other hand they aren't training with or playing for a Prem team. To use your own logic: is it because our coaches of the Prem teams may not be up to standard?

(Note: I have had no connection with the Stirling District women's team for 20 years and am not connected in any way with SDFC except as a supporter.)
Firstly, there are Women's Premier League Coaches that well are up to standard if not better than the counterparts that coach in the men's league and the Women's NTC/State Coaches.
The only problem with these coaches, they may never get a position within the FFSA Coaching Staff because of personality clashes.

I cannot see the difference in the standard between the clubs and NTC/State program other than the NTC/State have a team of Elite players and have extra training nights. That's it. The coaching and support staff are of the same standard as the local premier clubs.

The other comment I would like to make;
Who is our next future upcoming star player that will make an impact in the Premier and state league as did Alex Chidiac & Emily Condon two years ago?
I would have thought last season, the State & NTC team would have unleashed future star players. But nothing eventuated or mentioned in the FFSA website or other newsletters. Maybe the NTC/State coaches needed one more year to further develop these players.
Well season 2015 is upon us and should be the year these elite players will be exposed to the Women's Football circles by displaying their skills & development they learnt from the elite NTC and state program.
Hopefully they will make an impact in the Premier league forcing their way into the W League.

Sacred Noodle
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Sacred Noodle »

juniorsupporter wrote:As far as I am aware there is only one player, and she trains with the State League side in addition to, not instead of, the NTC. She attends boys training Thursday nights, and is at all four NTC sessions during the week. She plays games on Saturday afternoons.

As there are only 6 18+ girls training with NTC, and she is one of them, I am unaware of any others playing boys- one not playing club at all, the other four are with Prems clubs. Could be the one who says she isn 't playing has been picked up by a state league u18 side, don't know.

There are no 'NTC' games for these particular girls to play in, so they have found other places to play, while attending all NTC trainings.
Heard there is a girl playing for Sturt U18's .. if this is the case and if 18+ as per above ..shouldn't the same age rules apply? unless turning 18 this year of course..

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

She is turning 18 this year. Same age rules apply.

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

There is talk now the FFSA will be appointing a new women's head coach due to the recent appointment of RA as under 17's Australia Coach.

Couldn't come any sooner.
Last edited by sportsbird on Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gone
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gone »

sportsbird wrote:There is talk now is the FFSA will be appointing a new women's head coach due to the recent appointment of RA as under 17's Australia Coach.

Couldn't come any sooner.
You should apply for the job.
1999 Div 2 Champions
2002 Div 2 & 2B
2007 Div 1 & 1B
2009 Div 1B
2011 Div 1B
2013 Div 2B & 7C
2014 Div 2B

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

I reckon I would do a better job.

But at the moment there are fantastic Premier Women's Football Coaches who are quite capable to take over the roll of Head of Women's Football far better than I could.

Other news is that a current player who is involved with the NTC is not allowed to play at her local club unless she trains with them.

This player is currently forced to train and not play.

I feel sorry for the player but I totally agree with the stance the club has made.

If you want to play for the club then you are required to train at least once a week.

But the ridiculous policy which has been enforced by the NTC admin should be abolished and they should be held accountable for this player who is in this predicament.

This policy has to change.

Time for the clubs to get together and make a stance as one.

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

It would be helpful in this case if you would name the player.

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

juniorsupporter

It would be in the best interest that I not name this player.

However, the club and the FFSA/NTC know exactly the player I am talking about.

Maybe you might find out in due course.

All I can say that it's just an appalling situation.

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Yes. Clearly I am out of the loop.

Worthless Gobemouche
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Worthless Gobemouche »

sportsbird wrote:I reckon I would do a better job.

But at the moment there are fantastic Premier Women's Football Coaches who are quite capable to take over the roll of Head of Women's Football far better than I could.

Other news is that a current player who is involved with the NTC is not allowed to play at her local club unless she trains with them.

This player is currently forced to train and not play.

I feel sorry for the player but I totally agree with the stance the club has made.

If you want to play for the club then you are required to train at least once a week.

But the ridiculous policy which has been enforced by the NTC admin should be abolished and they should be held accountable for this player who is in this predicament.

This policy has to change.

Time for the clubs to get together and make a stance as one.
I'm not quite sure I understand what you're getting at.

You're either an NTC player, train with that squad and play with that squad....or alternatively your a PL player, train with your club side and play with you're club side.

If you're saying that this particular player wants to play for her club side, then as far as I see it, the answer is quite simple. Train with them and therefore fulfill the clubs request that you train and therefore put herself up for selection come Sunday.

Or are you saying that the NTC is forcing this player to train with the NTC squad and therefore ruling out her club from selecting her , based on the clubs policy of not train, no play ?

Is it just me, but you seem to constantly contradict yourself during this discussion.

Finding Sportsbird

Post by Finding Sportsbird »

Sportsbird name me the coaches in women's prem that you keep saying are good enough or better than the current coaches. So RA and PP are not good coaches maybe do some research. Also change your user name to NO IDEA

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

Boutsi13
Firstly, 13 is an unlucky number for me.
Secondly, I have researched and done my homework and have found that RA coached the lady reds from sixth to seventh position. Remarkable achievement. I thought we were supposed to climb the ladder not go backwards.
If RA was a magnificent coach then why are players leaving.
RA must be that good, maybe the players are leaving because he is just too good for them.
All I can say if you are a great coach and you have a great environment and you know you are getting the best development THEN YOU WOULDN'T LEAVE OTHERWISE YOUR BLOODY IDIOT.
So boutsi since you have an idea, why are players leaving the NTC and W LEAGUE.
I have made my reasons before.

gone
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gone »

sportsbird wrote:Boutsi13
Firstly, 13 is an unlucky number for me.
Secondly, I have researched and done my homework and have found that RA coached the lady reds from sixth to seventh position. Remarkable achievement. I thought we were supposed to climb the ladder not go backwards.
If RA was a magnificent coach then why are players leaving.
RA must be that good, maybe the players are leaving because he is just too good for them.
All I can say if you are a great coach and you have a great environment and you know you are getting the best development THEN YOU WOULDN'T LEAVE OTHERWISE YOUR BLOODY IDIOT.
So boutsi since you have an idea, why are players leaving the NTC and W LEAGUE.
I have made my reasons before.
So .... there aren't any local Prem coaches who are good enough or better than the current coaches?
(Apart from yourself, of course.)

If you were the coach, what other superstitions would you introduce other than not having a number 13 in the squad?
1999 Div 2 Champions
2002 Div 2 & 2B
2007 Div 1 & 1B
2009 Div 1B
2011 Div 1B
2013 Div 2B & 7C
2014 Div 2B

united92
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by united92 »

This is so painful to read. Why sportsbird cant just name players/coaches is stupid. You make these points but make no sense because no one has any idea what you're on about.
And everyone else is just biting on sportsbirds line. Reeling you in every time. I think I just wasted a good half an hour reading all this which has actually given me no further information. Just a whole heap of contradicting statements

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

I will make it blunt & clear.
RA & co should resign.
Local clubs aren't happy, W league/NTC players and parents are unhappy as well as his state coaches.
Players are leaving the program either quitting and going back to their respective clubs or will playing interstate.
That should not be happening. If you have a great environment, great coach who can communicates effectively and have a great development program, that will ensure the players stay put.
But that is not happening.
The players are leaving because of him and his assistant coaches.
Again I will make it clear. RA should resign for all the reason I have stated throughout this column.
I cannot make it clearer than that.
Can someone tell us what RA has achieved since being appointed Head of Women's Football in the last two years other than just coaching the NTC &
W League.
For example, assisting local clubs in implementing future development strategies for local clubs. Monthly or Bi Monthly Coaches meetings etc.
Love to know.

COYR98
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by COYR98 »

Didn't he win the NTC challenge as well as being on top of the bonus points table and with something like 5 players getting into the allstars? He assistant coach of the matildas so obviously he's been doing well.

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

Coyr98,
The reason RA did well that year is because most of those players were developed well before RA took over.
The credit should really go to the previous coaches who did a fantastic job.
And yes I believe 5 were selected for the young matildas training squad but only one remained.
But going back to my previous question. "Can someone tell us what RA has achieved since being appointed Head of Women's Football in the last two years other than just coaching the NTC & W League.
For example, assisting local clubs in implementing future development strategies for local clubs. Monthly or Bi Monthly Coaches meetings etc.
What has RA done in improving Women's Soccer in SA.
I have not heard nor seen anything at this stage.
The Premier competition standard has dropped dramatically and in the last five years, the powerhouse clubs like Adelaide City and Metro continue to remain at the top of the league. The only other two clubs that is pushing the ladder is Sturt Marion and West Adelaide.
The remaining clubs are still waning at the bottom.
Its about time the FFSA implemented a policy to stop players moving from one club to another especially to the winning clubs.
A policy could be a transfer fee structure or a zone based. Whatever.
So what has RA done to even the competition and has he assisted those clubs dangling at the bottom of the table.
So the question is, should he be Head Coach of Women's Football or just Head Coach of W League/NTC.
Final question is what is more important for Women's football in SA.
1. Local Clubs
2. Standard of Competition
3. FFSA Elite Program
At the moment, the FFSA squads is far important.
My answer is Local Clubs. FFSA & RA should assist in developing the Premier clubs to become more professional which will assist in the developing the players and raise the standard of the competition.
Anyway, having said all that, the FFSA is currently having discussions to advertise for a new Head Coach of Women's Football in SA to replace RA as he will be resigning to concentrate on the under 17's Matilda squad.
The talk is a SA coach has been identified and is being primed for that position.
Hopefully, the FFSA makes the right choice.

Fitball
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Fitball »

Not to disagree with what you're saying, you make some valid points but As a player/coach who has worked and played at both bottom and top clubs in the league I can tell you that the reason the teams at the bottom don't have players is because the coaching, the sessions and professional environments at these clubs are very poor. Quality coaches are walking away from the women's league because either clubs don't treat their coaches very well or pay them enough and girls simply waste their time by not taking it seriously.

Clubs who are successful have head coaches who commit beyond 3-4 years, work very hard and commit to every training session every year. Clubs who are struggling at the bottom of the table have head coaches who are either lazy and not committed, underqualified, or simply don't have the comitted cattle to produce results.

I also had the pleasure of working with some young FFSA squads last season, the coaches are very knowledgable, and technically advanced but had their hands tied from above as far as correcting things that needed to be changed. To change football quality in this state clubs need to be paying head coaches more, SOME head coaches need to be more qualified and work harder. If the coach is committed the players will be. We Also need to stop burning good players at 20 years old. Older players are better athletes and let's face it, you won't win silverwear with a bunch of 15 year olds. You Can't blame R.A for clubs and coaches being unprofessional