Results 7th June

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Re: Results 7th June

Post by swannsong »

Southern Knights ( 6 ) West Beach ( 0 )
Tom Foglia 3
Robert Marsden 2
Jamie Faulkner

Reserves
Southern Knights ( 1 ) West Beach ( 3 )
Jack Coulter ...........................Shane McGeough 2,
............................................Tom Kalliontzis
Last edited by swannsong on Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

Sotally Tober
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Sotally Tober »

swannsong wrote:Southern Knights 6 West Beach 0
That's quite a result.
I need a drink

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

Sotally Tober wrote:
swannsong wrote:Southern Knights 6 West Beach 0
That's quite a result.
10 wouldn't have been unfair
Are you Bodo in disguise?

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Frank Costanza wrote:As - Polonia 3 Savoy 2
Bs - Polonia 2 Savoy 1

Great day for our lads today!
2 very hard fought games and we managed to get maximum points in both!
Savoy probably deserved something from the As game but it was great to hold them out and secure the win!

Looking forward to the return leg - always a big weekend when we go there!
Finally I predict a Polonia win and the boys did the job. Great result! :D
Ignore this signature

I am Costanza
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by I am Costanza »

Easties v San Marco?
BLSC - est 1971
1982 Div 4b
1989 Div 3b
2004 Div 4b
2006 Div 4a & Div 10
2009 Div 3b
2010 Div 3a & 3b
2013 Div 2b & Div 7
2014 Div 2b
2015 Div 2a, 2b, & Div 6 Sat & Sun

Penalty Rates
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Penalty Rates »

Does anyone have an Angle Vale v Plympton result?
I love bank holidays

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

I am Costanza wrote:Easties v San Marco?
First team
5-0
Ressies - postponed I think (or SM forfeit?)

supastar#8
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by supastar#8 »

ontheblackburner wrote:
I am Costanza wrote:Surely they will have to replay the game
Like I said mate, I don't want too say much as it's probably not appropriate.
Can I just ask who was the referee?

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

supastar#8 wrote:
ontheblackburner wrote:
Click the link below and ask away...

http://www.footballnews.com.au/forum/uc ... &p=1386540

The Wise Monkey
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by The Wise Monkey »

Penalty Rates wrote:Does anyone have an Angle Vale v Plympton result?
2-2
3-0 to AV in ressies

colon clenser
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by colon clenser »

The refs at the Raptors last 3 games have been exceptional

Ctrl-Alt-Del
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Ctrl-Alt-Del »

colon clenser wrote:The refs at the Raptors last 3 games have been exceptional
Just making a stab in the dark but I guess you have won those three games :idea:
Why is everyone always telling people on computers to hit me ?

Truedog
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Truedog »

B's Angle Vale 3-0 Plympton
A's 2-2
WOOF WOOF!

fowler_23
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by fowler_23 »

supastar#8 wrote:
ontheblackburner wrote:
Who do you think.. it was bloody big steve!
Bill Shankly at Dixie Dean's funeral -
'I know this is a sad occasion, but I think that Dixie would be amazed to know that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd to Goodison than Everton on a Saturday afternoon'

getyourheaddown
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by getyourheaddown »

you mean Bloody Big "GIRL" Steve actually calling him a girl is very harsh - girls blouse it is then !!

Penalty Rates
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Penalty Rates »

Truedog wrote:
B's Angle Vale 3-0 Plympton
A's 2-2
Thanks.
I love bank holidays

Ctrl-Alt-Del
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Ctrl-Alt-Del »

getyourheaddown wrote:you mean Bloody Big "GIRL" Steve actually calling him a girl is very harsh - girls blouse it is then !!
How come no one is asking which players were booked or sent off ?
But feel free to name referees on here.

Guiseppe
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Guiseppe »

Who was sent off?

Everyone knows Big steve loves giving out cards like an old lady at christmas time.. ruins alot of games ive watched with dishing them out..

getyourheaddown
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

certainly ruined yesterdays by abandoning it in the 38min (about 33mins past 3) as he started the game 5 mins earlier at 2.55. Maybe he was on a promise and needed to get home early :)

Ctrl-Alt-Del
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Ctrl-Alt-Del »

getyourheaddown wrote:certainly ruined yesterdays by abandoning it in the 38min (about 33mins past 3) as he started the game 5 mins earlier at 2.55. Maybe he was on a promise and needed to get home early :)
I guess the players and spectators had nothing to do with any of it ?
And your name and club would be ?

Thomas Hassler
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Thomas Hassler »

Ctrl-Alt-Del wrote:
getyourheaddown wrote:certainly ruined yesterdays by abandoning it in the 38min (about 33mins past 3) as he started the game 5 mins earlier at 2.55. Maybe he was on a promise and needed to get home early :)

As stated earlier the reds where their and a couple of yellows could have gone either way. The crowd where fine and both clubs where bemused when he abandoned the game just after the second red. He said he felt threatened but by what he didn't elaborate. Oh and I'm from the club that didn't receive the red cards.

No real reason to name the ref. I'm sure most knew who it would have been just by the amount of cards givin in such a short space of time.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Thomas Hassler wrote:
Ctrl-Alt-Del wrote:

As stated earlier the reds where their and a couple of yellows could have gone either way. The crowd where fine and both clubs where bemused when he abandoned the game just after the second red. He said he felt threatened but by what he didn't elaborate. Oh and I'm from the club that didn't receive the red cards.

No real reason to name the ref. I'm sure most knew who it would have been just by the amount of cards givin in such a short space of time.
Found the referee mentioned to be quite good recently (even though results haven't gone our way this year :( ) haven't had any issues, particularly if you respect the way he handles the game .....I guess the referee's report will highlight his reasons.

Hengelo the Great
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Hengelo the Great »

ontheblackburner wrote:The referee, who is within his right to do so, sent two of our players off. Both reds were probably justified to be fair.

Unbelievably, he then alleged he felt threatened and decide to end the game at 38 mins, much to the disbelief of both teams.

It is probably inappropriate too say much more than that at this stage.
The old sayin' couldnt be more correct, 1 step fwd & 2 steps back. We threw away a chance to set up a small breakaway @ the heights of the table. Hopefully this will not catch up & bite us in the a55.

On the whole I thought the game was well played & entertaining by both teams. Yes, there was the odd tackle & banter but its what div 2 or if someone correct me, what saasl is all about? Heart, hard tackles, passion & pride & the rest... However when a ref feels threaten & calls the game off coz one player on the heat of the moment, perhaps let a word thats right an audio tone or two out, then the highest t3rror alert level needed to be signalled?? C'mon one would understand if the player physically attacked the ref (not that the florina ethos would stand by that) then by all means it's justified to call stumps, but a line depicted from a cult Dirty Harry movie surely does not fit the crime to punish everyone, including all the players & fans from both sides.

What astounds me more is if the official was in such a life threatening situation then why did it take till 2018 to leave the premises?? We don't have an ordering ticket system like most supermarket service deli depts, when you order our famous florina chevvy rolls or chicken wings, so one ponders why the official waited for the US AirForce One to arrive & Chuck Norris to rescue him if his life was such in danger. Seriously what a joke, hopefully Sepp Blatter might ref for us next week

Ctrl-Alt-Del
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Ctrl-Alt-Del »

Hengelo the Great wrote:
ontheblackburner wrote:The referee, who is within his right to do so, sent two of our players off. Both reds were probably justified to be fair.

Unbelievably, he then alleged he felt threatened and decide to end the game at 38 mins, much to the disbelief of both teams.

The old sayin' couldnt be more correct, 1 step fwd & 2 steps back. We threw away a chance to set up a small breakaway @ the heights of the table. Hopefully this will not catch up & bite us in the a55.

On the whole I thought the game was well played & entertaining by both teams. Yes, there was the odd tackle & banter but its what div 2 or if someone correct me, what saasl is all about? Heart, hard tackles, passion & pride & the rest... However when a ref feels threaten & calls the game off coz one player on the heat of the moment, perhaps let a word thats right an audio tone or two out, then the highest t3rror alert level needed to be signalled?? C'mon one would understand if the player physically attacked the ref (not that the florina ethos would stand by that) then by all means it's justified to call stumps, but a line depicted from a cult Dirty Harry movie surely does not fit the crime to punish everyone, including all the players & fans from both sides.

What astounds me more is if the official was in such a life threatening situation then why did it take till 2018 to leave the premises?? We don't have an ordering ticket system like most supermarket service deli depts, when you order our famous florina chevvy rolls or chicken wings, so one ponders why the official waited for the US AirForce One to arrive & Chuck Norris to rescue him if his life was such in danger. Seriously what a joke, hopefully Sepp Blatter might ref for us next week
And your point is ?

Jogonalex
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jogonalex »

Ctrl-Alt-Del wrote:
Hengelo the Great wrote:

And your point is ?

watched the end of the brahma b's and the ref sent a player off, shortly after stopped the game and walked off to speak to someone. he asked for an offical on the other side (from the club rooms) and stated the same reason, scared for his safety! have heard it also happened at the playford game yesterday aswell... by the sounds of it the feeling at all games they weren't (understand that's not the point, it's the ref who feels threatened) but was wondering was something raised at their meetings and they were under instructions????
In my time at Anfield we always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside - Liverpool and Liverpool reserves.
-- Bill Shankly --

FoundIt
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by FoundIt »

Ctrl-Alt-Del wrote:
Hengelo the Great wrote:

And your point is ?
+1
Im closer than you think

Tzon
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Tzon »

Shout goal

I watched that Florina abandoned match By the referee.

Honestly without any prejudice.

I feel the actions and quality of the Refereeing and decision making was super poor.
He yellow and red carded the offending players job done.
Then He totally lost control of the match .
He never stopped talking back at the players and kind of fuelled the problem.

That is what I observed as a witness.

My White Devil
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by My White Devil »

johndedes wrote:Shout goal
I watched that Florina abandoned match By the referee.
Honestly without any prejudice.
I feel the actions and quality of the Refereeing and decision making was super poor.
He yellow and red carded the offending players job done.
Then He totally lost control of the match .
He never stopped talking back at the players and kind of fuelled the problem.
That is what I observed as a witness.
Now that you have spoken on this I can go back to my life. Thank you.
John Webster was one of the best there was

getyourheaddown
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Well said John spot on.

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

^^

lost control of the match ???

I would have thought dishing out red cards would be the strongest statement a referee could do to try and keep control of a match ??

Big Steve has been a very good referee for the best part of a decade in the SAASL.

I rather think the clubs should be putting their hands up and accepting some responsibility !!!