SAASL Womens

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

on the side
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: SAASL Womens

Post by on the side »

FFSA have accepted the clubs back, into Div 1, Div 3 and TBC Div 4, starting this weekend......

lefty
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by lefty »

Mrs Trainer wrote:You have different views to me then....

I love to play the game if that means I have to move clubs to play then I would.... I have loyalty to the game not to a club.....

Thats my opinion.......

If you can stand not playing for a year then Im glad you have loyalty to your club......

Thats your opinion

Thats all I have to say.
Maybe if some of these clubs did have loyalty they wouldnt be looking for players.

Our club is one club be it juniors, senior men & women, cricket & social. Its been around for 43 years some people get involved in all activities some have friends kids and partners that play some have parents that have played years ago so why would you want to go to another club when you love the one your at.

Its the fault of the current structure of our game not clubs or players we just want whats best for us and cost effective.

I have heard tho that FFSA will accept these teams back into the comp anyway...
So looks like you will get to play anyway.
I eat football, I sleep football, I breathe football. I'm not mad, I'm just passionate....Thierry Henry

Tottenham Hotspur
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Tottenham Hotspur »

It depends also whats available at clubs in terms of teams/levels/development etc for players as well as parents/partners, also what the individual wants out of it all. Be it for social activity or to play for sheep stations and everything in between.
As for clubs offering different sports, once again all clubs are different.
As for clubs not getting player numbers that can be for so many reasons (as has been previously discussed).
A lot of clubs get bad reputations on the back of one or two ppl whinging about some thing that hasnt fallen the way they want it to go (so no one wants to go there). On the other hand clubs only get good reputations thru a lot of hard work, which imo doesnt get enough recognition in the community at large, and can be easily destroyed by one or two unhappy ppl.
Fees, distance to travel, coaches, players/friends, structure, grounds/facilities you name it, the list goes on, can be why ppl stay or go or never come to a club.........and sometimes (rarely though in my experience) its purely for a change.
So no one can really blame a club entirely for players not coming to them.
125 years

lefty
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by lefty »

Tottenham Hotspur wrote:It depends also whats available at clubs in terms of teams/levels/development etc for players as well as parents/partners, also what the individual wants out of it all. Be it for social activity or to play for sheep stations and everything in between.
As for clubs offering different sports, once again all clubs are different.
As for clubs not getting player numbers that can be for so many reasons (as has been previously discussed).
A lot of clubs get bad reputations on the back of one or two ppl whinging about some thing that hasnt fallen the way they want it to go (so no one wants to go there). On the other hand clubs only get good reputations thru a lot of hard work, which imo doesnt get enough recognition in the community at large, and can be easily destroyed by one or two unhappy ppl.
Fees, distance to travel, coaches, players/friends, structure, grounds/facilities you name it, the list goes on, can be why ppl stay or go or never come to a club.........and sometimes (rarely though in my experience) its purely for a change.
So no one can really blame a club entirely for players not coming to them.
I guess we are all to blame. See you Sunday at Para Hills.

Thanks to FFSA :D

GO U GARDENS :!:
I eat football, I sleep football, I breathe football. I'm not mad, I'm just passionate....Thierry Henry

ronshippau
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by ronshippau »

I agree that for the good of the game they should be let back in, and what has been arranged is the best that can be made of a bad bunch, but I am upset that the teams that won last weekend get to keep their points and the four teams that drew lose their point, if the title or relegation is decided by 2 points, I will be even more unhappy as it was a very hard fought draw. I had the book for the whole season now I don't know what to tell my girls I suppose we will have to print up a sheet with the new times etc. I think that the sooner we go back to reserve teams the better as it is possible that next season clubs may find that they have 2 teams in the same league.

Left Right Out
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Left Right Out »

Why does the website say that only 1 game has been played in Div 4? Is it because there are new teams in the comp, if so poor form on the leagues part. ALL new clubs no matter what Div should have started at the bottom on Zero points. And the teams that had played 3 games should have kept there results can anwone explain whats happened?

ronshippau
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by ronshippau »

Much to my chagrin the draw was re done and the first round in Div 3 stands, and the Parafield V Downs game is in hand now, then some games that should and have been played already count, games that have been played but are now later in the draw don't count, as are games that should have been played but haven't yet which will be played as mid week catch up games. Confused? I am not surprised if you are, as I said before if Div 3 is decided by a point I will have much more to say.

TAYLOR#5
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by TAYLOR#5 »

I'm wondering what has happened with the Div 4 tables as well, we have played 4 games now and technically should have 6 points but they seem to have discounted some of the games or something and now we are back at 0. I know some people will say its only div 4 but we won those games so deserve to be given credit for them regardless. Fingers crossed they will change it back but I'm not holding my breath.

on the side
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by on the side »

TAYLOR#5 wrote:I'm wondering what has happened with the Div 4 tables as well, we have played 4 games now and technically should have 6 points but they seem to have discounted some of the games or something and now we are back at 0. I know some people will say its only div 4 but we won those games so deserve to be given credit for them regardless. Fingers crossed they will change it back but I'm not holding my breath.
This has happened to us too, our Div 4 Inter girls beat Gawler 4-0, now this game doesnt count and has to be replayed?? I'm glad they took the SASSL teams in and I was all for that, but don't punish our girls who had a great win? We chose to stay with FFSA, why should we be punished

Fftn
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Fftn »

on the side - both clubs have already been contacted by Wendy about this.
The result will still stand it will simply be applied to round 17 where Gawler and Salisbury Inter are due to play under the new draw.

on the side
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by on the side »

Thanks Fftn, have since found that out aswell, a week ago when I posted the comment the issue hadn't been rectified at that stage.

Cheers.

Playthewhistle
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Playthewhistle »

I hope some of these issues aren't forgotten, it seems never say never!

FoundIt
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by FoundIt »

hopefully this time, on the back of an increase in senior womens teams established, they will be able to fill 2 divisions of ten teams (or at least 8 ) which will give the comp good footing to start on.
FFSA has too many rules and regulations on their womens 'community' divisions for new teams and clubs to become established. Not every club wants the pathway to the world cup and just want to play in an organised, fair and affordable competition, which is what the saasl will supply.
Im closer than you think

Shibasaki Kō
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Shibasaki Kō »

Why isn't this muppet banned yet?