Sunday Division 4 2015 Results

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: Sunday Division 4 2015 Results

Post by RowePark »

sweaty bollocks wrote:
Punjab forfeited the match, we got the points for the A's and B's.
yea i understand, i think they can still force it to be played if the forfeit effects the standings for promotion though.

sweaty bollocks
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sweaty bollocks »

Gristy wrote:
sweaty bollocks wrote:
yea i understand, i think they can still force it to be played if the forfeit effects the standings for promotion though.
No mate, you obviously don't understand what 'forfeit' means. Punjab forfeited the match, so we get the 3 points, that's the result.
Check the table its updated.

spooky1972
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by spooky1972 »

sweaty bollocks wrote:
Gristy wrote:
sweaty bollocks wrote:
No mate, you obviously don't understand what 'forfeit' means. Punjab forfeited the match, so we get the 3 points, that's the result.
Check the table its updated.

Possible Relegation or Promotion shouldn't be obtained by forfeit, this could be considered match fixing and against the constitution. If one was to argue the point with SAASL they may be forced to play such a game. For example if a win or draw in that game affected the final out come of relegation or promotion then one can argue a forfeit is not a fair result and match fixing. In saying that the SAASL do as they please but one would think a club has a case 2 games out if this game affected them, at the end of the day Punjab can play the game with a who cares approach and the same result is achieved.

My White Devil
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by My White Devil »

If you were to argue it then all forfieted matches should be played. In an ideal world there would be no forfiets.
John Webster was one of the best there was

ExtraTime
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by ExtraTime »

its the luck of the draw if you win on forfeit .. Punjab had forfeited against Noarlunga 3 matches in a row before we played them last week ....

I am Costanza
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by I am Costanza »

Either last year or the year before, I think Brahma won the reserves league thanks to San Marco forfeiting a match that was postponed to the end of the season. Think the league would just let the forfeit stand in this case
BLSC - est 1971
1982 Div 4b
1989 Div 3b
2004 Div 4b
2006 Div 4a & Div 10
2009 Div 3b
2010 Div 3a & 3b
2013 Div 2b & Div 7
2014 Div 2b
2015 Div 2a, 2b, & Div 6 Sat & Sun

spooky1972
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by spooky1972 »

I am Costanza wrote:Either last year or the year before, I think Brahma won the reserves league thanks to San Marco forfeiting a match that was postponed to the end of the season. Think the league would just let the forfeit stand in this case

Reserves does not alter promotion or relegation. It probably will stand.

Mid year forfeits are different to the last two rounds.

Let's say hypothetically Farm would win the league if they beat the Gardens on the last day (who may sit 3rd) and Downs (who sit 2nd) were playing the bottom team, if the Gardens decided let's forfeit (so their closest rivals do not get a chance) the downs would have something to say about that and you'll find the SAASL would have that game played.

I am Costanza
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by I am Costanza »

Yeah I get that it could effect promotion/relegation but I am guessing that they would want a blanket rule for all grades. Not saying it's right, but just my guess
BLSC - est 1971
1982 Div 4b
1989 Div 3b
2004 Div 4b
2006 Div 4a & Div 10
2009 Div 3b
2010 Div 3a & 3b
2013 Div 2b & Div 7
2014 Div 2b
2015 Div 2a, 2b, & Div 6 Sat & Sun

My White Devil
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by My White Devil »

spooky1972 wrote:
I am Costanza wrote:Either last year or the year before, I think Brahma won the reserves league thanks to San Marco forfeiting a match that was postponed to the end of the season. Think the league would just let the forfeit stand in this case

Let's say hypothetically Farm would win the league if they beat the Gardens on the last day (who may sit 3rd) and Downs (who sit 2nd) were playing the bottom team, if the Gardens decided let's forfeit (so their closest rivals do not get a chance) the downs would have something to say about that and you'll find the SAASL would have that game played.
I don't think I've heard of a sunday division one match being forfeited.
John Webster was one of the best there was

spooky1972
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by spooky1972 »

My White Devil wrote:
spooky1972 wrote:

Would never happen but possible

FoundIt
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by FoundIt »

spooky1972 wrote:
My White Devil wrote:
spooky1972 wrote: Reserves does not alter promotion or relegation. It probably will stand.

Would never happen but possible
so when you make them play, do you make them play the players you want in the team? and make them play the system you prefer? that way when you make them play they generate the result you believe is fair for the competition?
maybe send them off to one your gulags for 10 years if they do not adhere to the guidelines you enforce. that seems fair also.
Im closer than you think

sweaty bollocks
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sweaty bollocks »

A's Croatia 6-0 America Central
B's Croatia 5-1 America Central.