Transfer targets for next Season Div 1 Sunday

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

ManUtd4ever
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Transfer targets for next Season Div 1 Sunday

Post by ManUtd4ever »

Any potential transfer targets you'd like to have in your team next season?

Soccer Fan
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Transfer targets for next Season Div 1 Sunday

Post by Soccer Fan »

Chad Bugeja and nick budin to brahma lodge are a strong rumour going around

web
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by web »

And it begins, love this time of the year :| :mrgreen:
You are more than welcome to Bring It On.

HAIL HAIL

redfred
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by redfred »

Mick Mullen?
"The trouble with referees , they know the rules , but they don't know the game." Bill Shankly

fowler_23
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by fowler_23 »

:lol: gotta love that being your first post!
Bill Shankly at Dixie Dean's funeral -
'I know this is a sad occasion, but I think that Dixie would be amazed to know that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd to Goodison than Everton on a Saturday afternoon'

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

jets1 wrote:Chad Bugeja and nick budin to brahma lodge are a strong rumour going around
Obviously they pay well but where does the money come from?
Serious question as I have been a part of running an amateur club and know once all out goings have been paid there is not a lot left for players that want to supplement their income off the books.

fowler_23
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by fowler_23 »

Steve#4 wrote:
jets1 wrote:Chad Bugeja and nick budin to brahma lodge are a strong rumour going around
Serious question as I have been a part of running an amateur club and know once all out goings have been paid there is not a lot left for players that want to supplement their income off the books.
Our additional money comes from bar takings, functions and sponsors as far as im aware.. i dare say it would be the same at most clubs that pay players..
'I know this is a sad occasion, but I think that Dixie would be amazed to know that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd to Goodison than Everton on a Saturday afternoon'

jackdogs
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by jackdogs »

fowler_23 wrote:
Steve#4 wrote:
Our additional money comes from bar takings, functions and sponsors as far as im aware.. i dare say it would be the same at most clubs that pay players..
Seriously who cares.
"I walk the line" Johnny Cash the man in black

OMG
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by OMG »

Gullies played well to earn the point against Brahma but will need to strengthen the team for next year. Does Neville target the best from other Sunday Div 2 teams or sit in the Modbury Jets car park down the road and speak to their fringe players??

Chaos
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Chaos »

Steve#4 wrote:
Try being proactive and get in some sponsors too. Helps every other club.....
Just got to find the generous ones who actually love the game and have ties to your club and or community...
COLOSSUS wrote:Let me guess, ive got no balls

fsn1926
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by fsn1926 »

fowler_23 wrote::lol: gotta love that being your first post!
I guess until you know if you have a coaching gig next year makes it hard to approach anyone
Formerly know as YIDDO

fowler_23
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by fowler_23 »

fsn1926 wrote:
fowler_23 wrote::lol: gotta love that being your first post!
I guess until you know if you have a coaching gig next year makes it hard to approach anyone
Shutup Yiddo :lol:

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

Good luck to any teams who can raise lots of money, it's all part of running the club. Brahma have always had a strong supporter base, as have many of the Northern Clubs
Are you Bodo in disguise?

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

jackdogs wrote:
Seriously who cares.
Ummmmm I do thats why I asked :?

Caretaker Coach
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Caretaker Coach »

Chaos wrote:
Steve#4 wrote:
Try being proactive and get in some sponsors too. Helps every other club.....
Just got to find the generous ones who actually love the game and have ties to your club and or community...

Keep word is proactive - some clubs think sponsors will come knocking on your door,you have to go out and get them, and not be disheartened by the ones who say no. When you get them,look after them,support them,not by just buying their products.Offer to spend just a few hours doing so work for them voluntarily ( if there are no OHS issues ) organise a a pre season or end of season scratch match against them for a bit of fun.
Also having a solid supporter base,not only to your games to your functions as well-some clubs have lots supporters game day, dont show at club functions. If you give your supporters something to come and watch, say you have 70/80 people every home game spending $10 each =simple maths,and that does not include what the away supporters spend.
I would say at the moment Brahma Lodge tick all the above boxes ( and some boxes I have missed out )

There are those who make things happen, there are those who watch others make things happen, then, there are those who wonder what the hell happen -which one are you ?

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Caretaker Coach wrote: Keep word is proactive - some clubs think sponsors will come knocking on your door,you have to go out and get them, and not be disheartened by the ones who say no. When you get them,look after them,support them,not by just buying their products.Offer to spend just a few hours doing so work for them voluntarily ( if there are no OHS issues ) organise a a pre season or end of season scratch match against them for a bit of fun.
Also having a solid supporter base,not only to your games to your functions as well-some clubs have lots supporters game day, dont show at club functions. If you give your supporters something to come and watch, say you have 70/80 people every home game spending $10 each =simple maths,and that does not include what the away supporters spend.
I would say at the moment Brahma Lodge tick all the above boxes ( and some boxes I have missed out )

There are those who make things happen, there are those who watch others make things happen, then, there are those who wonder what the hell happen -which one are you ?
Sometimes I think it's just a case of... shit happens ! :D
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

Salix Redbacks
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Salix Redbacks »

I happen to agree.
Why are pimples in the nostril so painful?

jackdogs
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by jackdogs »

redfred wrote:Mick Mullen?
Vista born Vista bred,
"I walk the line" Johnny Cash the man in black

GOMER PYLE
Apprentice
Apprentice