SAASL PRESEASON CUP - EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

lefty
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

SAASL PRESEASON CUP - EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST

Post by lefty »

Expressions of interest are sort for the HJ Templin Preseason Cup in 2016. The format will remain as per 2015 with four zones (South, Central, Inner North & Outer North). Each of the zones will consist of 6 or 8 teams & will playoff in their respective preliminary rounds & finals to determine a winner of that zone. We are seeking 4 additional teams for the Central Zone with limited places available in the remaining zones (Please note: Preference will be given to existing participating clubs then Premier League & Division 2 teams).

Following that the four winning teams will play a final series over two weeks to determine a winner of the HJ Templin Cup. The venues for the competition are yet to be determined but its expected that all clubs will be given an opportunity to host the event on a weekly basis (subject to pitch availability) & the HJ Templin Final Series hosts will be determined by SAASL.

Proposed dates of the competition for preliminary rounds & finals are yet to be determined but will be finalised once Round 1 of the season proper is known however it is expected that the cup will start later than previous years.

The SAASL will be sending out a notice soon & I will be in contact with the respective existing competition organisers & clubs to confirm their interest in the meantime if any clubs would like to express their interest in participating please send me a PM or call Mick on 0411 858 488.

Congratulations again to Ingle Farm for winning the 2015 Preseason Cup.

Cheers
Lefty
I eat football, I sleep football, I breathe football. I'm not mad, I'm just passionate....Thierry Henry

My White Devil
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: SAASL PRESEASON CUP - EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST

Post by My White Devil »

I'm excited !
John Webster was one of the best there was

lefty
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by lefty »

Thank you to all the clubs that expressed interest in the Templin Cup. Looks like we will have 30 teams competing this year with;

Outer North Zone (Playford Cup)
Elizabeth Vale, Elizabeth Downs, Elizabeth Grove, Angle Vale, Munno Para, Tea Tree Gully

Inner North Zone
Salisbury Inter, Salisbury Florina, Ingle Farm, Modbury Vista, Parafield Gardens, Brahma Lodge, Para Hills West & Para Hills East

Central Zone
Adelaide Pumas, BOSA, Adelaide Uni, St Peters, West Beach, Adelaide Red Blue Eagles, Adelaide Titans & Adelaide Cobras

Southern Zone
Southern Knights, Seaford, Noarlunga, South Coast Utd, Plympton, Aldinga, McLaren Districts & Sturt Marion

There were a number of clubs that unfortunately we could not accommodate however we will endeavour to create some fixtures for them to play each other.

Appreciate the support of clubs & competition organisers in allowing additional teams to be involved. Fixtures will be posted soon once venues & draws are finalised.

Merry Xmas & Happy New Year!

Cheers
Lefty
Last edited by lefty on Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
I eat football, I sleep football, I breathe football. I'm not mad, I'm just passionate....Thierry Henry

redfred
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by redfred »

good work lefty
"The trouble with referees , they know the rules , but they don't know the game." Bill Shankly

Dr Feelgood
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Dr Feelgood »

redfred wrote:good work lefty
+1

I'm waiting for the first twat to pop up and tell him how he should be doing it differently, just like they did last year :P

It's not that I'm old - your music really does SUCK

Cocko
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Cocko »

good work Lefty :D
If your not happy with this post, get in the FAR QUEUE

ExtraTime
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by ExtraTime »

Sturt Marion will be competing in the southern zone

lefty
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by lefty »

Dr Feelgood wrote:
redfred wrote:good work lefty
+1

I'm waiting for the first twat to pop up and tell him how he should be doing it differently, just like they did last year :P
Cheers but its not just me there are a number of others including Steve Ling, Andrew Clarke & Justin Foster that organise their respective comps.