South Adelaide Panthers 2016

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

philweb
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

South Adelaide Panthers 2016

Post by philweb »

South Adelaide Pink Panthers are proud to be competing in the 2016 WSL (State League) with our ultimate goal to be playing WNPL (Prems) in 2017.

We have limited vacancies in our Senior Squad (Seniors and Reserves) and are offering sign-on bonuses and match payments to suitable candidates.

Be a part of a successful Family Club with 26 teams competing in Mens (NPL) Womens (WSL) boys and girls (from Under 6 up) in 2016.

Dedicated Womens and Girls Home and Away change rooms and a great atmosphere on match days, Saturdays and Sundays.

For further information please contact Womens Football Manager Phil Webster on 0410 386100 or at philweb@adam.com.au

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: South Adelaide Panthers 2016

Post by juniorsupporter »

Player payments are definitely a step in the right direction.

snow white
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by snow white »

Having a club like panthers in the WNPL and who actually meet the criteria, would be an even better step in right direction.

Worthless Gobemouche
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Worthless Gobemouche »

Really ? Sign on bonuses and player payments to players ? I don't think the women's game is quite there just yet, particularly in the WSL.

A d then only to certain players ? Doesn't sound like a way to create a harmonious team environment, particularly within a female group.

philweb
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by philweb »

All DIV 1 players received match payments in 2015 and all State League First Team players will receive match payments in 2016.

Major long term Club Sponsors allow us to offer this to players.

We have a dedicated and loyal group of Senior Players at our Club.

Our Club Committee fully supports Womens Football and provide great leadership for players at all levels.

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

I meant a step in the right direction for women's football, not just for South Adelaide. - was unaware panther players were receiving match payments in 2015. Good job in securing a long term sponsor- not easy to do.

Playthewhistle
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Playthewhistle »

Do they still pay the full $590 rego fee? I would have thought if they were a dedicated and loyal group they wouldn't need match payments...

the barbarian
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by the barbarian »

Is there a player rego fee? then they get match payments??? that seems a bit strange if it is accurate

jim.mcguinness
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by jim.mcguinness »

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM .... yes a dedicated groups of players getting paid to play football , hell of a concept , probably doesn't happen anywhere else in the world apart from South Adelaide Pink Panthers ,
Here is what should happen ,
We should charge the junior girls fees for as many years as they are committed to playing football for us ,
We should charge the junior boys fees for as many years as they are committed to playing football for us
If the boys end up any good we will pay them to play for us as senior footballers
If the girls end up any good we will keep taking fees from them and give it to the boys .
No Brainer really.
Good on you Phil and all at Pink Panthers
Play the whistle . shut the feck up .

Troll
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Troll »

Worthless Gobemouche wrote:Really ? Sign on bonuses and player payments to players ? I don't think the women's game is quite there just yet, particularly in the WSL.

A d then only to certain players ? Doesn't sound like a way to create a harmonious team environment, particularly within a female group.

Wow talk about the pot calling the kettle black.. This coming from an Adelaide Uni Rep

snow white
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by snow white »

Troll wrote:
Worthless Gobemouche wrote:Really ? Sign on bonuses and player payments to players ? I don't think the women's game is quite there just yet, particularly in the WSL.

Wow talk about the pot calling the kettle black.. This coming from an Adelaide Uni Rep
:lol:

Worthless Gobemouche
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Worthless Gobemouche »

snow white wrote:
Troll wrote:

:lol:
I'd find that humerous aswell...if it were true. :roll:

snow white
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by snow white »

Good to see we share a similar sense of humour.

As for the facts, that's something you and Troll have to work out ;)

soccer24
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by soccer24 »

As a parent of a senior player at panthers i feel the club and comiittee and ESPECIALLY phil has done a fantastic job supporting our girls senior and junior teams.

if we didnt pay fees we wouldnt have our women changerooms!

also my daughter and others are committeed to panthers not because of the payments because the fantastic support they get with developing their soccer skills

These girls would play even without the payment but the payment shows these girls how the club is trying to support them

Phil, the sponsors and the committee you do an awesome job and our girls are committed because they are proud to be panthers!

the barbarian
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by the barbarian »

so the girls pay fees then get their money back via payments, strange? is the facility a council ground? if so council pays for change rooms, oval facilities etc, do their payments end up as much as their fees? are their payments taxed? if so why not just not charge fees? then technically everyone is better of?

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Clearly South Adelaide is a well organised club committed to women's football that engenders loyalty from the players. I am a little confused as to the merits of player payments while charging fees at the same time however. Maybe someone from South Adelaide could clarify? Does it mean simply that the better players who receive larger payments are paying less to play?

philweb
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by philweb »

The purpose of this post was to inform potential new players and/or existing players as to what we were doing at South Adelaide in 2016.

Whilst I acknowledge this is an open forum and therefore is at the mercy of anyone who wants to comment I have been disappointed from some of the responses, particularly from representatives of at least 2 current Premier League Clubs, both of whom I would have thought are keen to promote and develop Womens Football as best we can here in Adelaide.

Our Club is not in the habit of discussing personal terms and/or payments to players on an open forum, suffice to say, all players are remunerated equally at this time.

I can however confirm that ALL players at South Adelaide pay fees and if a player is then considered to be worthy of Senior selection (Men’s Premier League and Women’s State League) then we believe it is appropriate to acknowledge this with match payments and/or other incentives.

Our Club and our players are excited about the season ahead and we will continue to do what we believe is right for the development of not only our 300 plus players at our Club but that of Football in this State.

I prefer to use this forum for positive and informative reasons only and I will not be drawn into a debate/argument as to what is right and what is wrong. If anyone would like to talk to me directly they can do so by calling me on 0410 386100.

All discussions will be dealt with privately, confidentially and professionally.

I wish all clubs, Mens and Womens, the best for 2016 and look forward to meeting with you all during the season.

Phil Webster
Womens Football Manager
South Adelaide Panthers FC

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

I meant no disrespect, I was simply asking a logical question based on previous posts. And you have answered my question, thank you. Given that you mentioned player payments in your initial post I thought that you might be willing to answer questions regarding said payments.

Good on South Adelaide for paying their women.

philweb
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by philweb »

I meant no disrespect, I was simply asking a logical question based on previous posts. And you have answered my question, thank you. Given that you mentioned player payments in your initial post I thought that you might be willing to answer questions regarding said payments.

Good on South Adelaide for paying their women.
Hi juniorsupporter, I have sent you a PM, my last post was not directed at you, thanks for your support.
Regards
Phil

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

soccer24 wrote:As a parent of a senior player at panthers i feel the club and comiittee and ESPECIALLY phil has done a fantastic job supporting our girls senior and junior teams.

if we didnt pay fees we wouldnt have our women changerooms!

also my daughter and others are committeed to panthers not because of the payments because the fantastic support they get with developing their soccer skills

These girls would play even without the payment but the payment shows these girls how the club is trying to support them

Phil, the sponsors and the committee you do an awesome job and our girls are committed because they are proud to be panthers!
Just for clarity, the change rooms were paid for by a Government grant balanced by funds from the City of Onkaparinga, however the efforts of Panthers were essential to secure the grants and funding.
A small percentage of the fees (5-6%) go toward ground-facilities use and maintenance and mostly fees would go toward FFSA costs, equipment costs and running the Club responsibly.
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook