WNPL

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

Neyma
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: WNPL

Post by Neyma »

Isn't a member of Ffsa management a life member of Sturt Marion?

"Move along, nothing to see here" predicted response

scipio africanus
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by scipio africanus »

So what commitment did FFSA give last night in regards to clubs who 'indicate' they will meet the minimum criteria, but will ultimately default on meeting that criteria???

If weasel words were used, then the stage is set for those clubs to fall over last second and FFSA to respond with a '12 months extension' to get their house in order, even though it abundantly clear now, they are in serious jeopardy of not having enough players. :roll:

snow white
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by snow white »

Gee, you would be pretty annoyed if you were a State League club who have worked their butt off, building their club and GENUINELY meeting the criteria, only for other clubs to underachieve but still get the nod for some unknown reason.

Looks like the 'criteria' is not what is written in black and white, but on who you know.

What other logic could one apply, if one does not apply the actual criteria you have asked clubs to meet?

What is the point of 'criteria' if at the end of the day, you choose to ignore the very criteria you have set?

The solution is simple. WNPL must clubs must prove (not just say they will) that they meet the criteria by a certain date, well in advance of the season start. FFSA validates that proof and if they don't meet the requirements, then those clubs are dropped to the State League and others promoted.

Logical yes? But logic has long been lost in the Women's game for the past 10 odd years.

SAD GAL
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SAD GAL »

I don’t mind a bit of “establishment” bashing (FFSA) however, I think its high tie that those clubs clinging on to a WNPL berth OR aren’t doing much to meet the criteria to get promoted (albeit that they have earned promotion) to get their acts together and improve their club. The competition will suffer in the long run and those at the top of their game will suffer because of inconsistecies with the also ran clubs in the WNPL. It won't get stronger is what I mean to say.

No FFSA policy or directive can make up for poor management of those clubs. Fair suck….the FFSA can’t make a silk purse out of you know what

AWA
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by AWA »

scipio africanus wrote:So what commitment did FFSA give last night in regards to clubs who 'indicate' they will meet the minimum criteria, but will ultimately default on meeting that criteria???

If weasel words were used, then the stage is set for those clubs to fall over last second and FFSA to respond with a '12 months extension' to get their house in order, even though it abundantly clear now, they are in serious jeopardy of not having enough players. :roll:
BigFan wrote:I hear sturt begun pre season the other night with only 7-8 players for 3 teams (prems, reserves, u17)

I really hope sturt had many players missing and dont leave it until the last minute in march to say they dont have enough players to field teams in reserves and u17's, which i assume are required to make the WNPL criteria. (stand to be corrected)
No need for FFSA to review, players moving on their own will resolve. From a players perspective those few players will look around and count the numbers eventually realizing the situation is bad. The smart ones will jump ship sooner than later so they can get into a stronger club and secure a future.
South & Comets just need to wait it out

scipio africanus
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

AWA wrote:
scipio africanus wrote:So what commitment did FFSA give last night in regards to clubs who 'indicate' they will meet the minimum criteria, but will ultimately default on meeting that criteria???

BigFan wrote:I hear sturt begun pre season the other night with only 7-8 players for 3 teams (prems, reserves, u17)

I really hope sturt had many players missing and dont leave it until the last minute in march to say they dont have enough players to field teams in reserves and u17's, which i assume are required to make the WNPL criteria. (stand to be corrected)
No need for FFSA to review, players moving on their own will resolve. From a players perspective those few players will look around and count the numbers eventually realizing the situation is bad. The smart ones will jump ship sooner than later so they can get into a stronger club and secure a future.
South & Comets just need to wait it out
You're right that that will most likely be the end outcome, but I find it ridiculous that a 'professional' organisation rests on the 'word' of clubs that they will meet the criteria, and not actually independently verify it.

There are State League clubs ready to step up and met the requirements and no doubt some of their players have agreed to play with them on the basis they play WNPL. These players are now torn between sticking with their State League clubs until just before the season starts waiting for other WNPL clubs to be shown up, or moving now.

If WNPL clubs cannot be honest, then the onus is on the FFSA to not leave it to the last minute before round 1. Just brings the game into disrepute IMO and damages those State League clubs who have worked hard to meet the benchmarks and aspire to play up.

Journeyman
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Journeyman »

Trouble with the womens game is that there are alot of clubs at the WNPL ( former PL level ) who've been resting on their laurels.

These clubs have forgot about ( or in some instances ignored ) junior development and appointed 'Marque' type coaches who's philosophy is based on 'get me a gig with the FFSA', land a cushy, quasi state coaching appointment or assistant role somewhere and then use that as their clubs own recruitment tool. Now they've been caught with their trousers down with regards to junior development.

I firmly believe that one or two well known clubs with either a long history in the womens or mens game are not far off from being shown up for their failures of the recent past. Cant buy history and league titles anymore.

South and Comets, whilst aggrieved at this stage will have their day i'm sure.

snow white
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by snow white »

Journeyman wrote:Trouble with the womens game is that there are alot of clubs at the WNPL ( former PL level ) who've been resting on their laurels.

These clubs have forgot about ( or in some instances ignored ) junior development and appointed 'Marque' type coaches who's philosophy is based on 'get me a gig with the FFSA', land a cushy, quasi state coaching appointment or assistant role somewhere and then use that as their clubs own recruitment tool. Now they've been caught with their trousers down with regards to junior development.

I firmly believe that one or two well known clubs with either a long history in the womens or mens game are not far off from being shown up for their failures of the recent past. Cant buy history and league titles anymore.

South and Comets, whilst aggrieved at this stage will have their day i'm sure.
Spot on Journeyman.

Its just a shame that FFSA will let this farce run over the summer until it becomes apparent that at least one WNPL has nowhere near the numbers to meet the minimum requirement.

I hope those players who have committed to Comets and South Adelaide in the hope of promotion to WNPL hold strong and stick with them, until the FFSA finally decide to wake up.

BigFan
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by BigFan »

I hear numbers at sturt training have yet to hit double figures after another week of training for 3 teams.

BigFan
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by BigFan »

Sturt update:
My sources tell me that it was back to 7 players for training this week.
Comets and south would be more than agitated at this point.

snow white
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by snow white »

Nothing to see here ... Sturt have met the FFSA criteria.

Its just a shame that criteria relies on the FFSA taking the clubs word that they meet the requirements, even though it appears plain as day, some clubs are nowhere near meeting the requirements. :roll:

Dave03
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Dave03 »

Rumour has it a couple of clubs apart for sturt are struggling with numbers!!
Any how didn't Comets finish bottom of div 1 or is there in relegation in any league in the womens game!!!
Looks like ffsa make it up every year

AWA
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by AWA »

BigFan wrote:Sturt update:
Surely the better players will see the writing on the wall and move on.

Princess Fiona
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Princess Fiona »

BigFan wrote:Sturt update:
snow white wrote:Nothing to see here ... Sturt have met the FFSA criteria.

Its just a shame that criteria relies on the FFSA taking the clubs word that they meet the requirements, even though it appears plain as day, some clubs are nowhere near meeting the requirements. :roll:
Federation has to step in and set up some conditions for the clubs like Sturt who are clearly struggling for numbers early next year.
When Sturt haven't had all the junior teams required in past season they mustn't be able to just at the last minute drop out of a heap of junior leagues or even Reserves when the numbers don't materialise.
Completely unfair of South and Comets who have done the work getting the depth and juniors in.
Dave03 wrote:Rumour has it a couple of clubs apart for sturt are struggling with numbers!!
Any how didn't Comets finish bottom of div 1 or is there in relegation in any league in the womens game!!!
Looks like ffsa make it up every year
No doubt FFSA do make it up as they go along, Comets make all the criteria for NPL with their juniors and seniors though.

BigFan
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by BigFan »

6 out to training for sturt this week, all be it in the heat (which begs the question why even risk training).
Look forward to seeing where the 25 plus players are going to come from in January to make up prems, reserves and 17's let alone other youth teams.

Princess Fiona
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Princess Fiona »

BigFan wrote:6 out to training for sturt this week, all be it in the heat (which begs the question why even risk training).
Look forward to seeing where the 25 plus players are going to come from in January to make up prems, reserves and 17's let alone other youth teams.
25 players?
3 teams, you mean 35 players plus
Tell FFSA they're dreaming

scipio africanus
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Another week, and the circus continues, all the time FFSA sits on their hands saying 'Sturt are in the WNPL because they have assured us they meet the criteria'.

Neyma
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Neyma »

:clown: www :clown: :clown: :clown:

The clowns run the circus

BigFan
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by BigFan »

Well it's now half way through January and sturt have doubled their training numbers to 14. Only problem is that's 14 players for the first team, reserves and u17's. Who knows about the other junior teams. At what point are WNPL clubs going to be held accountable to meeting the WNPL criteria?

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

Apparently, Sturt/Marion have had discussions with Cumberland to look at amalgamating in 2016.
However, Cumberland have declined the offer and are playing the waiting game for Sturt/Marion to fold in the hope of gaining several players and a pitch. The likelihood of Sturt/Marion folding is inevitable.
Good luck to either South Adelaide or Adelaide Comets who will have the opportunity to enter the WNPL.

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

Apparently, Sturt/Marion have had discussions with Cumberland to look at amalgamating in 2016.
However, Cumberland have declined the offer and are playing the waiting game for Sturt/Marion to fold in the hope of gaining several players and a pitch. The likelihood of Sturt/Marion folding is inevitable.
Good luck to either South Adelaide or Adelaide Comets who will have the opportunity to enter the WNPL.

snow white
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by snow white »

Considering that FFSA appears to have buried their head in the sand over this long running fiasco, I think its time someone from Sturt (if there is anyone left in the committee), for the sake of the integrity of the competition and respect for its own players and competitors and especially those clubs in the State League bursting at the seams waiting to come up (and actually meet the critieria), come out and state their true position.

I haven't seen a single post from anyone from Sturt challenging any of the allegations or defending its position ever since this circus started quite some months ago.

If they have the players great, but if they don't, do the honourable thing and say it now.

Don't wait for a week before the season starts to start forfeiting games in different divisions or rely on a last minute exemption from the corridors of FFSA. It does no one in local football any favours. It fact, would just bring the game into dis-repute.

Journeyman
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Journeyman »

Troll and sportsbird are both grubs.

Nothing but half ar$ed accusations and rumours. How a moderator hasnt already deleted that ridiculous comment is beyond me

Troll
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Troll »

If anyone wants to know the real reason why Sturt Marion fell apart ... Only a matter of time before the cards are on the table

SwandelPark
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SwandelPark »

Surely a decision would need to be made in the coming days, one would think that South would be the easy choice, but I doubt they'd have the depth within their senior squad to be competitive.

The General
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by The General »

South Adelaide seem like a progressive club where the players and coaches would not be intimidated at all, and rise to the challenge if they were the ones chosen.
Having coached against them a few times they are always good competitive side in all grades.

Sounds like they would be more be more competitive then the current Sturt Marion team.

As for Sturt Marion it would not be a bad thing if they were to move down a grade or two, will give them a chance to get themselves sorted, and do a bit of a rebuild.
Going to be very hard to keep everyone at the club motivated, and to rebuild, if you are going to be under the pump every week.

From what I read here they are struggling , they have tried to amalgamate and got knocked back, and are struggling for numbers.
Would the coach be willing to take a pay cut ( I assume he gets paid ? ) and help rebuild the club I wonder.

scipio africanus
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

The General wrote:South Adelaide seem like a progressive club where the players and coaches would not be intimidated at all, and rise to the challenge if they were the ones chosen.
Having coached against them a few times they are always good competitive side in all grades.

Sounds like they would be more be more competitive then the current Sturt Marion team.

As for Sturt Marion it would not be a bad thing if they were to move down a grade or two, will give them a chance to get themselves sorted, and do a bit of a rebuild.
Going to be very hard to keep everyone at the club motivated, and to rebuild, if you are going to be under the pump every week.

From what I read here they are struggling , they have tried to amalgamate and got knocked back, and are struggling for numbers.
Would the coach be willing to take a pay cut ( I assume he gets paid ? ) and help rebuild the club I wonder.
Begs the question, how does Sturt get away with blatantly misleading the FFSA on when they were formally asked, DOES THE CLUB MEET THE WNPL criteria???

Moreover, how can the FFSA just rest on the word of the club??

This circus needs to end.

SwandelPark
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SwandelPark »

scipio africanus wrote:
The General wrote:South Adelaide seem like a progressive club where the players and coaches would not be intimidated at all, and rise to the challenge if they were the ones chosen.

Begs the question, how does Sturt get away with blatantly misleading the FFSA on when they were formally asked, DOES THE CLUB MEET THE WNPL criteria???

Moreover, how can the FFSA just rest on the word of the club??

This circus needs to end.
Exactly! Especially when a club looking to progress like South Adelaide are waiting in the wings to do the best they can! Make the call now rather then later so SA can have a little more time to get their bits and pieces organised!

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

It appears Sturt Marion hierarchy have conceded they are unable to meet the criteria and have indicated they will withdraw from WNPL and re-nominate for the State League in 2016. The FFSA will be notified as early as next week of their decision.
Credit must be given to the Sturt Marion Board for making such an important but difficult decision to withdraw from the WNPL.

snow white
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by snow white »

sportsbird wrote:It appears Sturt Marion hierarchy have conceded they are unable to meet the criteria and have indicated they will withdraw from WNPL and re-nominate for the State League in 2016. The FFSA will be notified as early as next week of their decision.
Credit must be given to the Sturt Marion Board for making such an important but difficult decision to withdraw from the WNPL.
Earlier in this thread, I called for whoever was left on the Sturt committee, to come out and be honest.

I gather that if this is true, last nights registrations (or lack of) have forced their hand.

Whilst I would thought this call should have been made earlier, if true, the right decision has finally been made and hopefully the FFSA will move quickly to promote a State League team.