Where is SAASL heading..

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

POLONIAROCS
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: Where is SAASL heading..

Post by POLONIAROCS »

Gristy wrote:Saasl fee of 37 does not include insurance.

If you had 15 per team it works out as 67 Inc insurance per player
If Gristy is correct then the dollar values match. Just about people now. Old crew won't move. The younger need to act.

It will happen.

All SAASL have to do is stand under the umbrella and they can still dictate their league.

If you don't stand under the umbrella you will get wet.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Don't panic, I own my own umbrella. Why do I need the FFSA's?

POLONIAROCS
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by POLONIAROCS »

God is an Englishman wrote:I don't understand why the leagues can't work together.

FFSA allow SAASL in under the umbrella but don't charge them anything. They allow SAASL to run it's own competition and complete autonomy. The membership becomes merely a figurehead membership.

Everyone wins!
So do you want them to work together? You confuse me with your posts.

Sounds like you just want to stir the pot. If so have fun.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

POLONIAROCS wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:I don't understand why the leagues can't work together.

FFSA allow SAASL in under the umbrella but don't charge them anything. They allow SAASL to run it's own competition and complete autonomy. The membership becomes merely a figurehead membership.

Everyone wins!
So do you want them to work together? You confuse me with your posts.

Sounds like you just want to stir the pot. If so have fun.
I couldn't care less if they work together or not.

I was just putting forward a suggestion of how it could work of FFSA weren't just interested in more money

redfred
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by redfred »

FFSA were interested in the cash but over the last few years they've increased their revenue. Now it's more about getting extra spots in the FFA Cup
"The trouble with referees , they know the rules , but they don't know the game." Bill Shankly

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

redfred wrote:FFSA were interested in the cash but over the last few years they've increased their revenue. Now it's more about getting extra spots in the FFA Cup
If that was the case then a proposal like I have suggested would work.

That said, what's in it for SAASL?

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

I think what you are finding is that the bigger clubs are getting bigger. Ingle Farm could field 3-4 C teams this year. Downs, Gardens etc are in similar positions

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

God is an Englishman wrote:
redfred wrote:FFSA were interested in the cash but over the last few years they've increased their revenue. Now it's more about getting extra spots in the FFA Cup

They survive. If FFSA gets it right with grassroots amateur football then SAASL will have nowhere to go

dj_no.1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by dj_no.1 »

Wont happen in our lifetime.

Amateur clubs wont piss away 40 to 50 years of history to join the ffsa

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

Jay Walking wrote:I think what you are finding is that the bigger clubs are getting bigger. Ingle Farm could field 3-4 C teams this year. Downs, Gardens etc are in similar positions
Spot on Jay! Its the clubs who have had minimal to no success (trophies) & little history (time & trophies) in the SAASL who are jumping ship.. Let em go!
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

GaylyColouredStumps
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by GaylyColouredStumps »

The proposal you have suggested was proposed by the FFSA. Amateurs told them to get stuffed.
These users thanked the author Sunny Vanilla for the post:
Old Master, johndedes, theorakle, ozzie owl, suzie, thewabster, Za Dom Spremni

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

El Paso del Norte wrote:

The proposal you have suggested was proposed by the FFSA. Amateurs told them to get stuffed.
I thought the proposal had the fee still being paid to FFSA.

What's in it for saasl to be part of the FFSA?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

N5 1BH wrote:

They survive. If FFSA gets it right with grassroots amateur football then SAASL will have nowhere to go
Why wouldn't they survive the way it is at the moment.

GaylyColouredStumps
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by GaylyColouredStumps »

I thought the proposal had the fee still being paid to FFSA.

What's in it for saasl to be part of the FFSA?
OK, thought it was pretty much affiliate as a formality so that FIFA boxes are ticked.

Not a whole lot, but if they don't lose out, then I guess you could say the appearance of unity within the sport could give the game more leverage.
These users thanked the author Sunny Vanilla for the post:
Old Master, johndedes, theorakle, ozzie owl, suzie, thewabster, Za Dom Spremni

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

N5 1BH wrote:
Why wouldn't they survive the way it is at the moment.
That's my point, they survive too easily at the moment because there is currently no alternative.

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

haywood djablowme wrote:
Jay Walking wrote:I think what you are finding is that the bigger clubs are getting bigger. Ingle Farm could field 3-4 C teams this year. Downs, Gardens etc are in similar positions
Spot on Jay! Its the clubs who have had minimal to no success (trophies) & little history (time & trophies) in the SAASL who are jumping ship.. Let em go!
Aren't you guys putting juniors in the Feds? Is the growth in Cs to accommodate all the ex E&D juniors who have no place in As.

Dash Riprock
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Dash Riprock »

Having been part of both SAASL and CSL... The cost of entering a team is almost identical.
The biggest difference was having referees (Offical - not that this guarantee's quality!) for even a D grade game.... No more Club refs!!
The State League is a different kettle of fish with SL2 requiring an additional $26 rego per player (approx) and the licence fee to the FFSA which is a big additional cost.
ANyhoo, It would be good to see the SAASL and FFSA work out something and I agree that a similar model as the CSL could work easily with almost no cost penalties to the clubs / players.
I can see the Collegiate League splitting in to State League 3 and then the remaining Collegiate Divs if the fee structure and mode of governance don't radically change.

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

haywood djablowme wrote:

They get a bit touchy if you say that despite Polonia having huge amounts of success in the SAASL!
Are you Bodo in disguise?

Frank Costanza
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Frank Costanza »

Knight15 wrote:
haywood djablowme wrote:
They get a bit touchy if you say that despite Polonia having huge amounts of success in the SAASL!
We were able to achieve as much as we possibly could (promotion to Div 2) given our resources and how we operate.
We believe our move to Saturdays and playing in the Collegiate League will benefit us in the long run, so hence the decision to move across.
Personally I'll miss playing Sundays in the SAASL and the banter/relationships we've developed with teams over the years.
My heart is with Polonia so i'll suck it up and move back to Saturdays!
WHO TOOK MY TV GUIDE???

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

When are polonia going to tell saasl and csl what league they're wanting to be in?

PASC
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PASC »

Knight15 wrote:
haywood djablowme wrote:

Is that what metro stars did as well?
God is an Englishman wrote: As for me being a tosser on this forum, it's not just on the forum. I'm a tosser in real life as well.

PASC
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PASC »

God is an Englishman wrote:When are polonia going to tell saasl and csl what league they're wanting to be in?
Must have been told already since Alex even called us to see if we would reconsider.

All this bs talk of this league against that league- you're all just adding fuel to the fire -
I'll spell it out again- we are doing this for the benefit of the entire club, those who carry on about lack of success and history bla bla bla, what have you won? Our club has been around since 1950, and pretty sure the senior squad has done pretty well the last couple of years
The amateurs were never there to compete with downs and PG etc or win at cost...
God is an Englishman wrote: As for me being a tosser on this forum, it's not just on the forum. I'm a tosser in real life as well.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

PASC wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:When are polonia going to tell saasl and csl what league they're wanting to be in?
Must have been told already since Alex even called us to see if we would reconsider.

All this bs talk of this league against that league- you're all just adding fuel to the fire -
I'll spell it out again- we are doing this for the benefit of the entire club, those who carry on about lack of success and history bla bla bla, what have you won? Our club has been around since 1950, and pretty sure the senior squad has done pretty well the last couple of years
The amateurs were never there to compete with downs and PG etc or win at cost...
Ok, i was under the impression that they hadn't been told as yet. Thanks for clearing that up.

I think the point about the success, was that when the likes of Downs, Gardens etc.. move over then there will be an issue.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

PASC wrote:Is that what metro stars did as well?
When were metrostars in saasl?

PASC
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PASC »

Played in Saturday amateur league in the 90's before moving to Feds?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

PASC wrote:
Played in Saturday amateur league in the 90's before moving to Feds?
You learn something new every day - quite a bit before my time.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

God is an Englishman wrote: You learn something new every day - quite a bit before my time.

Remember Ady DiBartolo from 1989 when I was briefly at Polonia (Reserves) and the Coach Elio Marusic I think played for Beograd in the 70s...
Metro Knights (Sicilia S) SC formed in 1995 and originally shared TK Shutter Reserve with Adelaide Hellenic...
Previously (1994) Benestare Reggio Calabria played Staurdays at TH Shutter Reserve...
Adelaide Raiders (Comets), Hills Districts and Adelaide Olympic were also in the Saturday Divisions back then...
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

Ronnie Chiggs
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Ronnie Chiggs »

God is an Englishman wrote:You learn something new every day - quite a bit before my time.
Even I knew that :P
No-one is innocent

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

In principle I agree that amateurs should be exactly that and that pride of playing for the shirt should be paramount. I have seen players at my club come and go (and even stay) when money may have been the lure but they stayed because they found a place they liked and enjoyed. Equally I have seen players not hang around when despite being well looked after the lure of money elsewhere has been greater. Ultimately you cannot shackle people or players - we live in a society thankfully that allows for freedom of choice and whatever ideals I or anyone else may have we are not bound by them.
As most people would agree - we would love not to have to pay people but the reality is that success largely comes with a price and commercial strength is boosted by success on the park and people love to associate with success - it is a circle that the free market economy is unlikely to break however idealistic we may be.

Have an enjoyable (and commercially successful :D ) season everyone.

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

PASC wrote:

Ok, i was under the impression that they hadn't been told as yet. Thanks for clearing that up.

I think the point about the success, was that when the likes of Downs, Gardens etc.. move over then there will be an issue.
The way Alex spoke Monday night and Wednesday arvo was Polonia were still in the SAASL ....