Kick off times

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

Between the Sticks
Squad Player
Squad Player

Kick off times

Post by Between the Sticks »

Who in there right mind schedules games for 8.45am on a Sunday morning?
The only day a sleep in is warranted and when you have all the teams from far south and hills its a 5am start. Rant over - thoughts?
retired handy man!

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Kick off times

Post by Mr Red »

lol there have been 8.45am games for years.

In some ways its good because you get the game over with and then you have the rest of the day to as you wish, :wink:

Suck it up and embrace it and you will be fine :arrow:

Between the Sticks
Squad Player
Squad Player

Haha yes i was waiting for the free rest of the day reply and yes i see that point of view although i never see what i do with my son as something to get out the way.
I know i will be fine but its still rude
retired handy man!

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

Its more about being to be able have more opportunity in the day to do things other things, even with your child. Mothers day and fathers day lunches comes to mind.

Its hard enough fitting all the games in now throughout the season.

I agree it does cause other stresses and I have sometimes wondered why they haven't pushed 8.45 age groups games into Sunday afternoon time slots.

Between the Sticks
Squad Player
Squad Player

Yes and i remember catching buses to games at 7am as a kid but times have changed.
You go from u12 at midday to u13 at 8.45.
We have other sporting commitments on saturdays in the country which sees us home at 1 or 2am which makes it impossible to do both but harsh for a 12 year old to have to choose.
My problem agreed but even without that we enjoy staying up and watching epl games which now is out of the question too.
All first world problems but yes we live in the first world.....for now
retired handy man!

Pie and Bovril
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pie and Bovril »

Should be earlier.

Ginger Pele
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Ginger Pele »

Between the Sticks wrote:Who in there right mind schedules games for 8.45am on a Sunday morning?
The only day a sleep in is warranted and when you have all the teams from far south and hills its a 5am start. Rant over - thoughts?
You think you have it tough.. Imagine the club volunteers who are there way before others turn up setting up canteens, BBQ's and putting nets up just to name a few duties and are then there long after you have gone home. Comes down to choices at the end of the day!

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Ginger Pele wrote:
Between the Sticks wrote:Who in there right mind schedules games for 8.45am on a Sunday morning?
You think you have it tough.. Imagine the club volunteers who are there way before others turn up setting up canteens, BBQ's and putting nets up just to name a few duties and are then there long after you have gone home. Comes down to choices at the end of the day!
Spot on. I would have thought the earlier the better so to free up the rest of the day. That said, I'm getting older and don't have too many late nights these days.
Ignore this signature

Napoli
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Napoli »

8:45 is a perfect time to start - get the game done and dusted and frees up the rest of the day to spend with family and friends.

Rather an early start than one that starts at 12pm

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

Between the Sticks wrote:Rant over - thoughts?
You're a grenache.
Time for some righteous indignation

Between the Sticks
Squad Player
Squad Player

Hey stich this whats with the name calling you childish nice person. So i dont like the early starts no reason to be abusive. Yes congratulations volunteers but this wasnt about them.
retired handy man!

OldGold
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by OldGold »

Plenty of time to sleep when you're dead!
Get up early and embrace the day...... Record the Premier league games and watch them later.

I always preferred the early starts, less traffic, misty frosty mornings....Nothing better :)
"United were good... but they still weren't Wolves!" George Best

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Agree to a point, my alarm would be going off earlier on a sunday for these games than for work. I also know my son will be a nightmare to get out of bed at that time. Also means can't have a decent Saturday night as I need to be under the limit to drive to the game.

However, it's for football. I love it, he loves it.

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

FFSA Kick Off times have not changed for many years and probably unlikely to change ever. There can be slight variation at clubs due to pitch availability but FFSA have to be notified well in advance.

8.45am: U13 & U15
10.30am: U14 & U17
12 noon: U12 & U16

Well said Ginger Pele, Club volunteers are at grounds for around 7am for games that start at 8.45am, setting up canteen, pitches and BBQ. Volunteers like to go out Saturday nights too but sometimes the commitment either as players, coaches or volunteers and parents sometimes have to come first. That's life, if we don't like it we can choose to play a different sport that doesn't require such early morning starts!

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

Mr Red wrote:FFSA Kick Off times have not changed for many years and probably unlikely to change ever. There can be slight variation at clubs due to pitch availability but FFSA have to be notified well in advance.

8.45am: U13 & U15
10.30am: U14 & U17
12 noon: U12 & U16

Well said Ginger Pele, Club volunteers are at grounds for around 7am for games that start at 8.45am, setting up canteen, pitches and BBQ. Volunteers like to go out Saturday nights too but sometimes the commitment either as players, coaches or volunteers and parents sometimes have to come first. That's life, if we don't like it we can choose to play a different sport that doesn't require such early morning starts!
That sounds like a Mrs Red type post :)