The rise of NAB

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

PENALTY 5
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

The rise of NAB

Post by PENALTY 5 »

I've been looking through the results and I see NAB 17s are top. Is this the rise of NAB's juniors. For so long now NAB have been smashed, but now things are turning around and they are top, undefeated. Things down at NAB are looking very good :)
Do or Die..........No Pressure

Xplosive
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Xplosive »

Yes, in the Under 17C league. Well done NAB :roll:

PENALTY 5
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by PENALTY 5 »

yes NAB well done.

by the way xplosive are you jealous that NAB are top!

Or do you play for them?

BillShankly
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BillShankly »

Certainly hope things are on the up for NAB, too often they have been the whipping boys on the juniors comp

Xplosive
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Xplosive »

PENALTY 5 wrote:yes NAB well done.

Or do you play for them?
Why the hell would I be jealous of NAB you t0sser. They are in the C league. You dont go any lower than that in the FFSA. I wouldnt be blowing my trumpet for being top of the C league, especially considering some of the dross they have to play against, like the Gawler B's, Plympton, Western Strikers B's, etc.

PENALTY 5
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by PENALTY 5 »

Xplosive wrote:

Or do you play for them?
Why the hell would I be jealous of NAB you t0sser. They are in the C league. You dont go any lower than that in the FFSA. I wouldnt be blowing my trumpet for being top of the C league, especially considering some of the dross they have to play against, like the Gawler B's, Plympton, Western Strikers B's, etc.
NAB should blow their trumpets!!!!!. as previous posts have read, they have been whopped for the past few years and now that their top people like you talk it down.

The C league may be the lowest league but NAB are proving they a worthy of being in the B division. The lowest position on the table is last and they are certaintly not that.

NAB have come up against these teams you have mentioned and from viewing the results they've beaten all of them. They only lost to South Adelaide As 2-0 in the cup.

It would be interesting to see NAB play a 17b side.

BocaChiefs
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BocaChiefs »

NAB did loose a game to Croydon but received the points back after they found out that Croydon played 2 over age players. NAB have played 2 B league teams in Noarlunga and Toros and here are the scores:

NAB 3-1 Noarlunga
NAB 5-0 Toros

Two good results but doesn't really mean anything after all it was just a trial game and teams could've had players out or not playing with a full strength squad. NAB have imporved because 4 years ago where they were getting thumped 22-0.
Form is Temporary Class is Permanent

GiveNgog
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by GiveNgog »

PENALTY 5 wrote:
Xplosive wrote:

Or do you play for them?
NAB should blow their trumpets!!!!!. as previous posts have read, they have been whopped for the past few years and now that their top people like you talk it down.

The C league may be the lowest league but NAB are proving they a worthy of being in the B division. The lowest position on the table is last and they are certaintly not that.

NAB have come up against these teams you have mentioned and from viewing the results they've beaten all of them. They only lost to South Adelaide As 2-0 in the cup.

It would be interesting to see NAB play a 17b side.

they might be able to stand up to sum of the 17B's...but wud get hammered by the top half of the table.

Lewis
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Lewis »

Your friends, up there on the sanctuary moon, are walking into a trap, as is your Rebel fleet.

anfieldboy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by anfieldboy »

where can i get my hands on one of those NAB spare wheel covers for my 4WD...old school! haha
"Steven Gerrard sets himseeeeeeelf...oh what a goal, what a goal, what a goal by Stevie Gerrard, its 3-3..."

gazza
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by gazza »

Xplosive wrote:

Or do you play for them?
so why does your club have teams in the C division?

Clubsport
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Clubsport »

gazza wrote:
Xplosive wrote:

Or do you play for them?
They dont!

liverpool_08
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by liverpool_08 »

:lol:
Dont visualize beating the keeper, Visualize destroying the keeper.

Lilly Whites
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Lilly Whites »

lol @ gazza

Xplosive
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Xplosive »

gazza wrote:
Xplosive wrote:

Or do you play for them?
You idiot.

gazza
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by gazza »

Xplosive wrote:
gazza wrote:
Xplosive wrote:

Or do you play for them?
You idiot.
You may not have C teams this year but you certainly had them in the past.

If I am an idiot, what does referring to children as dross=scum make you? Especially considering you are involved in junior football :oops:

Xplosive
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Xplosive »

gazza wrote:
Xplosive wrote:
gazza wrote:
Xplosive wrote:

Or do you play for them?
You idiot.
You may not have C teams this year but you certainly had them in the past.

If I am an idiot, what does referring to children as dross=scum make you? Especially considering you are involved in junior football :oops:
I called you an idiot because you make accusations and suggestions based on absolute rubbish, not facts.

In my post, I am referring to the collective, the "team" as it were. Not individuals. And besides, these "children" you speak of are 16 and 17 years old and are driving cars, having sex, growing beards, smoking, and generally doing things most adults do. I shouldn't even be justifying your existence with a response.

gazza
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by gazza »

How do you know the facts? You are a mere supporter, are you not?
Most u17s are more likely to be 13 and 14 years old and anyway, do you know the facts for NAB? :oops:

Xplosive
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Xplosive »

gazza wrote:How do you know the facts? You are a mere supporter, are you not?
Most u17s are more likely to be 13 and 14 years old and anyway, do you know the facts for NAB? :oops:
Your insistence that most u17's are more likely to be 13 or 14 years old just shows how out of touch you are. Dont post about things you dont know about.

Clubsport
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Clubsport »

How many clubs have 13 and 14 year olds playing U17 ?

Your clubs average age for last years U17C team was 18 years old, wasn't it ?

BocaChiefs
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BocaChiefs »

I know people from NAB and no one is under 15 years old. Most of them are 16 and driving cars. Some can play 17's next year but only a few. The rest have to make the step up to 19's next year.
Form is Temporary Class is Permanent

PENALTY 5
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by PENALTY 5 »

Clubsport wrote:
How many clubs have 13 and 14 year olds playing U17 ?

Your clubs average age for last years U17C team was 18 years old, wasn't it ?
:lol: :lol: Spot on!!

NAB's 17s are not 13/14. I have seen them play and some of these boys had bigger beards and were built bigger than me. So believe me they are 16/17.

No club would make their 17s have an average age of 13/14. That is just pathetic and ignorant. Any team who played 13/14 year olds would get smashed weather they were in A, B, or C division.

So Gazza, don't come on here posting rubbish saying MOST clubs 17s do this and that becuase you know shiraz all. Talk for your club and no one elses.

gazza
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by gazza »

There is a leading club in the North East whos 19s are all eligible to play 17s and their 17s are all eligible to play 14s.
So you four amigos or rather turds, stop throwing expletives about other clubs and forumites and check "your facts."

Xplosive
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Xplosive »

Gazza, once again you are posting accusations without naming names. How about you post the name of this leading North East club, and we will let people vindicate you and backup your "facts" (if they are true). Without proof, your accusations should be combined to the rumour/hearsay bin. It is of no more relevance than something Rico the referee would tell me.

gazza
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by gazza »

Xplosive wrote:Gazza, once again you are posting accusations without naming names. How about you post the name of this leading North East club, and we will let people vindicate you and backup your "facts" (if they are true). Without proof, your accusations should be combined to the rumour/hearsay bin. It is of no more relevance than something Rico the referee would tell me.
Naming the club will only attract a tirade of abuse from you and your team mates and since I don't barrack for such club more than what I do for your club it would be a bit unfair.
Any way I am sure it would be rather easy to work it out but that may just make you have to give credit to someone that has shown you the way in the past 5 years or so.

Xplosive
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Xplosive »

gazza wrote:
Xplosive wrote:Gazza, once again you are posting accusations without naming names. How about you post the name of this leading North East club, and we will let people vindicate you and backup your "facts" (if they are true). Without proof, your accusations should be combined to the rumour/hearsay bin. It is of no more relevance than something Rico the referee would tell me.
Naming the club will only attract a tirade of abuse from you and your team mates and since I don't barrack for such club more than what I do for your club it would be a bit unfair.
Any way I am sure it would be rather easy to work it out but that may just make you have to give credit to someone that has shown you the way in the past 5 years or so.
See, your lack of willingness to name the club just means that this is a nothing post. Why is it going to achieve a tirade of abuse? I couldnt care less which club has all their 19s eligible to play 17s, it does not matter to me. More power to them. My point is, that nearly ALL 17s teams have players who, in the majority, are 16 and 17 years old. You are pointing out the exception, not the rule, and I am making you aware of that.

PENALTY 5
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by PENALTY 5 »

This is a topic about NAB, the club which never gets any mention.

Xplosive, I'm sure NAB would love to have a crack against some of their local rivals.

Campbelltown
Blue Eagles
Metro

sulmona
Star Player
Star Player

Post by sulmona »

PENALTY 5 wrote:This is a topic about NAB, the club which never gets any mention.

Xplosive, I'm sure NAB would love to have a crack against some of their local rivals.

Campbelltown
Blue Eagles
Metro
If they keep up the good work they can have a crack next year and then wish they'd stayed in c division for the next three years :roll:

sparts
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sparts »

we smashed their 15s by that margain in the cup, its hard for clubs which are still young, success takes time
"barmy army, chairboys!!"

anfieldboy
Apprentice
Apprentice

i remember when...

Post by anfieldboy »

there was a time when to play for or be affiliated with NAB was seen as "cool"...nowadays not so..

time was, NAB supporters and players had mullets and thick goatee beards, wore spray on black jeans and led zeppelin/black sabbath/iron maiden t-shirts..and some still do

time was, NAB supporters and players wore Italia tracksuits/strips to training and games..of the Diadora variety

time was, when you played for NAB and thought that earned you a place in the "A" team at school cause you played at "club level".

time was, when the NAB spare wheel cover was an important vehicle and fashion accessory in the North Eastern suburbs and you represented it proudly in the car park at Da Mario's on a Sunday night..

sadly people...this is no longer the case, the world and its game has moved on and NAB is no longer the force it once was - kids, move on while you still can or the lure of playing in the elusive super league will continue to be just that - elusive!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (before you get started ppl, all comments in jest ok?!)
"Steven Gerrard sets himseeeeeeelf...oh what a goal, what a goal, what a goal by Stevie Gerrard, its 3-3..."