Liverpool

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Liverpool

Post by Nice One Cyril »

haywood djablowme wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:I'd actually like to see them win it at Everton, that would be funny. :lol:

Like when we won it @ the Lane Cyril :wink:

Sssssh, I'm trying hard to forget that moment.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Wow, didn't see that coming, but they had plenty of chances.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

All this corona stuff has put them off Europe. :wink:
Ignore this signature

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

1 champions league and 1 league title in different calendar years....yep, I can see why they were considered by their own as the greatest team to have ever played...
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

MegaBonus wrote:1 champions league and 1 league title in different calendar years....yep, I can see why they were considered by their own as the greatest team to have ever played...

I rate our late 70's and 80's sides better. Didn't need so many foreigners back then. :wink:
Ignore this signature

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

Can someone please check up Mr Selby???
Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Michael wrote:Can someone please check up Mr Selby???

I think he'll be fine. ECL is something you just don't win at every attempt. And at least we've qualified for next season's tournament already. :)
Ignore this signature

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

Bomber

I rate our late 70's and 80's sides better. Didn't need so many foreigners back then.

there werent too many Englishmen were there??? mostly Scots and Irishman and maybe even an Australian
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

MegaBonus wrote:
Bomber

I rate our late 70's and 80's sides better. Didn't need so many foreigners back then.

there werent too many Englishmen were there??? mostly Scots and Irishman and maybe even an Australian

Most teams were same, which is half the point. Teams were built around Brits, and titles weren't bought by Arab or Russian billionaires at the time. Now you need the latter to be competitive.
Ignore this signature

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Bomber wrote:
MegaBonus wrote:
Bomber

Most teams were same, which is half the point. Teams were built around Brits, and titles weren't bought by Arab or Russian billionaires at the time. Now you need the latter to be competitive.

Very true and FFP has made it even harder to break into the elite group of clubs.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

????

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Bomber wrote:

I think he'll be fine. ECL is something you just don't win at every attempt. And at least we've qualified for next season's tournament already. :)

For those that really know me, I dont ge't too upset when we lose. And I don't go overboard when we win.

Sport is just that, winners and losers, nobody has a right to win.

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

The Normal One. wrote:
Bomber wrote:

For those that really know me, I dont ge't too upset when we lose. And I don't go overboard when we win.

Sport is just that, winners and losers, nobody has a right to win.

Glad to see your ok, although this post does seem a bit odd, even for you.
Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Michael wrote:

Glad to see your ok, although this post does seem a bit odd, even for you.

I am passionate but I take all results in my stride...what's odd about that?

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by thebeautifulgame »

Bomber wrote:The European cherry is quite a bloody big cherry, and can often "outweigh" the cake. :wink:

This debate is pretty fascinating (to me anyhow) as I used to believe that European success was the ultimate trophy that your team could win. I suppose supporting Celtic in 1967 as a very young child will take some beating and that was so special in many ways: First British team to win the European Cup and all players were Scottish within a 25 mile radius of Glasgow. This feat will never be repeated at any level and yet my attitude throughout the years has somehow changed.
From having the view that Europe was the be all and end all I now have a different opinion, mainly due to the politics and financial imbalances within the game. They have always existed but now they are tenfold and the gap is widening.
I now appreciate that the 'cake' is far richer and holds more substance than the cherry on top. Great if you can get the cherry also but you can only get nowadays what is within your financial capabilities, particularly at the top end of European football.
Clubs like Celtic can only strive to dominate in their domestic league as the top level of European football is on a different stratosphere and outwith their financial control. Sure they can compete when all the stars align but more often than not they fall well short and understandably so.
Just look at the amount of money the top EPL sides fork out and this does not guarantee success in Europe. The thing it does allow (money) is for them to compete at this level and give it a fair crack. Believe me if (unlikely in my lifetime) BOTH Celtic and Rangers were allowed to join the English set up they would do well once established.
As for Liverpool I am not going to shed crocodile tears for them though they were wasteful against decent opposition. All said and done they will take the cake this year and it is fully merited, who really cares about the cherry on top? The true supporters will share the slices among themselves and they are going to taste pretty sweet.

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

At this rate with COVID-19 will Liverpools season end up in tears.. 30 and counting!
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

haywood djablowme wrote:At this rate with COVID-19 will Liverpools season end up in tears.. 30 and counting!

Funny how goons are worried about a 30 year wait whereas you have waited all your life to be Euro Champs once.

Odd mentality.

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

The Normal One. wrote:
haywood djablowme wrote:At this rate with COVID-19 will Liverpools season end up in tears.. 30 and counting!

Funny how goons are worried about a 30 year wait whereas you have waited all your life to be Euro Champs once.

Odd mentality.

One thought you don't go overboard when you win, yet now happy to celebrate a trophy and take the piss out of others that don't win it..

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

haywood djablowme wrote:
The Normal One. wrote:

Odd mentality.

One thought you don't go overboard when you win, yet now happy to celebrate a trophy and take the piss out of others that don't win it..

I am not taking the piss out of Arsenal's 50+ year failure to win a trophy we have won 6 times. I am concerned that you worry more about us than your own shortcomings. As I said - odd behaviour.

Arsenal's biggest 'cheer' so far this season has been Liverpool losing to Watford - even more odd beahaviour.
Arsenal fans turning on their captain - odd behaviour
Arsenal fans then welcoming him back without a murmur - odd behaviour
Arsenal fans are just odd.

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

My look at Judge Judy go

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

N5 1BH wrote:My look at Judge Judy go

He hasn't posted on here for ages!
Ignore this signature

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by thebeautifulgame »

If this happens (and looks more possible with each passing day) Liverpool will not be denied as they should automatically be awarded the title as the rightful Champions of England. Obviously a lot of Liverpool fans would feel cheated in that they wouldn't be able to celebrate in the traditional manner and some of the gloss would be removed. Either way no one can deny them the glittering prize. The best team in England by a country mile.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

are Liverpoo the sorest of losers....first 'chompers' complains about 'Cholismo' and now so does Michael Owen.....YOU LOST!!!!!!

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

MegaBonus wrote:are Liverpoo the sorest of losers....first 'chompers' complains about 'Cholismo' and now so does Michael Owen.....YOU LOST!!!!!!

Michael Owen is a Man Utd person.
Btw I have no idea what your post is on about

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

happy to explain but if you think that Owen in a Man U person, I shouldn't waste my time....

both Klopp and Owen have criticised Simeone/Atletico for their playing style (Cholismo) arguing that Liverpool were the better team...

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

The season will be called off and MC as holders will be awarded the title. :D

Inoue Waka
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Inoue Waka »

eagleboy wrote:MC as holders will be awarded the title. :D

That certainly won't happen.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

eagleboy wrote:The season will be called off and MC as holders will be awarded the title. :D

According the daily telegraph if season isn’t complete Liverpool get crowned champions.

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

The Normal One. wrote:
eagleboy wrote:The season will be called off and MC as holders will be awarded the title. :D

According the daily telegraph if season isn’t complete Liverpool get crowned champions.

Are the daily telegraph the governing body??

predrag
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by predrag »

If Liverpool are denied the title,a few million northerners will sack London viking style,hold the royals hostage & install a new pro-Merseyside government.