Butcher creates 'Bielsa Banger' sausages

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Butcher creates 'Bielsa Banger' sausages

Post by Old Master »

Butcher creates 'Bielsa Banger' sausages to celebrate Leeds United's champions promotion to Premier League

A butcher has celebrated Leeds United’s promotion to the Premier League by creating a special “Bielsa Banger” sausage.
By Rebecca Marano
Thursday, 6th August 2020, 6:00 am

Nick Devine, 50, who owns Devine Meats in Tadcaster with wife Zoe, 47, made the Argentinian-inspired sausage in tribute to manager Marcelo Bielsa after he secured the team’s promotion as champions for the first time in 16 years.

Nick said: “I've been a Leeds fan as long as I can remember and this sausage is in honour of the man who has taken us back to the Premier League.

“He did the job where a lot of managers have tried and failed.

“It’s not been the best time to be a Leeds fan over the past 16 years and we’ve seen some rubbish, but it’s great to be back with the big boys.

“I thought as a bit of fun I would make a sausage that was Argentinian based and create my own ‘Bielsa Banger’.”

The chorizo-based sausage is influenced by the flavours of Bielsa’s home country and combines paprika, beef, pork and gammon.

Nick and Zoe, who are parents to Jordanne, 25, Jay, 22 and Kian, 19, said the family have been discussing what other Leeds United inspired treats they could make.

Nick said: "Last night we were all together talking about what else we could do because the kids are huge Leeds fans and this is a really exciting time for them.

“Kalvin Phillips is known as the Yorkshire Pirlo so we were thinking we could do a ‘Yorkshire Pie-lo’ and maybe a Spanish chicken pie to celebrate Pablo Hernández.”

Nick hopes that Bielsa will be able to come and sample the sausage and said he’s happy to take a few bangers up to the Thorpe Arch training ground.

The father-of-three said: “For Bielsa to try the sausage would obviously be the dream and he is more than welcome to come and have some.

“I know he’s a very busy man so we wouldn’t expect it but it would be nice if he popped in.”

And what does Nick hope for the future now Leeds are back in the Premier League?

Nick said: “I’m more than happy to be back up top with the big boys. It’d be nice to get into Europe but that might be a bit ambitious.

“Then again, with Marcelo Bielsa, who knows where we can go?

Sounds like a great sausage, I'd like to try one and wonder if there is a LUFC loving Butcher out there who could make some?OM
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Re: Butcher creates 'Bielsa Banger' sausages

Post by ozzie owl »

Old Master wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:45 pm Butcher creates 'Bielsa Banger' sausages to celebrate Leeds United's champions promotion to Premier League

A butcher has celebrated Leeds United’s promotion to the Premier League by creating a special “Bielsa Banger” sausage.
By Rebecca Marano
Thursday, 6th August 2020, 6:00 am

Nick Devine, 50, who owns Devine Meats in Tadcaster with wife Zoe, 47, made the Argentinian-inspired sausage in tribute to manager Marcelo Bielsa after he secured the team’s promotion as champions for the first time in 16 years.

Nick said: “I've been a Leeds fan as long as I can remember and this sausage is in honour of the man who has taken us back to the Premier League.

“He did the job where a lot of managers have tried and failed.

“It’s not been the best time to be a Leeds fan over the past 16 years and we’ve seen some rubbish, but it’s great to be back with the big boys.

“I thought as a bit of fun I would make a sausage that was Argentinian based and create my own ‘Bielsa Banger’.”

The chorizo-based sausage is influenced by the flavours of Bielsa’s home country and combines paprika, beef, pork and gammon.

Nick and Zoe, who are parents to Jordanne, 25, Jay, 22 and Kian, 19, said the family have been discussing what other Leeds United inspired treats they could make.

Nick said: "Last night we were all together talking about what else we could do because the kids are huge Leeds fans and this is a really exciting time for them.

“Kalvin Phillips is known as the Yorkshire Pirlo so we were thinking we could do a ‘Yorkshire Pie-lo’ and maybe a Spanish chicken pie to celebrate Pablo Hernández.”

Nick hopes that Bielsa will be able to come and sample the sausage and said he’s happy to take a few bangers up to the Thorpe Arch training ground.

The father-of-three said: “For Bielsa to try the sausage would obviously be the dream and he is more than welcome to come and have some.

“I know he’s a very busy man so we wouldn’t expect it but it would be nice if he popped in.”

And what does Nick hope for the future now Leeds are back in the Premier League?

Nick said: “I’m more than happy to be back up top with the big boys. It’d be nice to get into Europe but that might be a bit ambitious.

“Then again, with Marcelo Bielsa, who knows where we can go?

Sounds like a great sausage, I'd like to try one and wonder if there is a LUFC loving Butcher out there who could make some?OM
I wonder if this venture hits a snag.

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

[quote="ozzie owl"

[/quote]

Don't be a silly sausage. :smile:

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Mr Red wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:57 pm [quote="ozzie owl"

Don't be a silly sausage. :smile:
[/quote]

Now, now don't give me the Toad In the Hole over it. :lol:
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Makes sense, sausages are made from the old cabernet that is no use to anyone else, used to be really popular but now losing it's popularity

Would make more sense to make them as chipolatas, as they're a small version like Leeds are a small club.