Maguire Axed from England Squad

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Re: Maguire Axed from England Squad

Post by ozzie owl »

N5 1BH wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:01 pm
Nice One Cyril wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:52 am
N5 1BH wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:21 am Modern football is rubbish

I reckon I must now follow the two most boring teams in English football. To be fair Arteta was handed an overpriced bag of lemons though still not optimistic entertainment is high on his agenda. As for southgate fuck me, the most creativity he could generate came from Henderson, Kane & Coady etc’s amateur dramatics. What a waste
:lol: :lol: Boring, boring Arsenal, bring back George Graham. Maybe he should pick Ozil.

TBF to Southgate, that was nothing like his best eleven and that was made even worse by Maguire's early bath.
Who was missing, Sterling the headless chicken? If a coach can't get a joined up attacking team out of the squad that was available then they are not fit to be a coach
IMO the 3-4-3 formation is just too defensive with midfield made up of two DM sitting in front of 3CB , where this the link between defense and attack?

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

I was hoping for some feedback on the diving from other forumites. I would hate to think some coaches might. teach this vile practise to kids. as I said previously only coaches can stop it,but only if they are forced to do so. :roll:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

The law needs to change and make it a punishment that fits the crime.

A forward can dive, risking at worse a booking. If he successfully cheats then the defender could be sent off.

Harsher punishments are the only way to stop it.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

only problem would be definitively adjudging 'intent'....

its easier if theres been no contact but if there is contact how does one decide what level of contact is enough to warrant a player 'diving'???
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

MegaBonus wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:42 pm only problem would be definitively adjudging 'intent'....

its easier if theres been no contact but if there is contact how does one decide what level of contact is enough to warrant a player 'diving'???
Like all things the ref has to decide on, it would simply depend on his judgement. I think the problem now is that players don't even try to stay on their feet, the slightest touch and the sniper is out. The counter to that is that, when a player is fouled, but stays upright, refs should go back and award a free.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

football has changed so much perhaps its time to change the name. how about wogball. ;-)

C U Next Saturday
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by C U Next Saturday »

theorakle wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:16 pm football has changed so much perhaps its time to change the name. how about wogball. ;-)
Maybe you need to change with your bigoted views....might explain why England haven't won anything since 66 ...

enjoy state league 2 next year

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

hey fair go it was only a suggestion. I did put a wink with it ok ;-) anyone else got any suggestions :?: by the way didnt you once call yourself C U N ex T Tuesday. oh and thanks for the comment, as for state league next season I don't have a choice but at least I will see derby games again with Noarlunga united. cheers and have a good one. :smile: