EPL 20/21

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Re: EPL 20/21

Post by ozzie owl »

Champions at last wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:07 am I am all for concucciaon subs, but can someone explain why have them when it’s clear the player is not coming back on?

(I also think a 4th sub for any GK injury should be allowed at any time )
Wow spelling concussion as ' concucciaon" how many hits to the head have you taken of late? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

ozzie owl wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:17 am
Champions at last wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:07 am I am all for concucciaon subs, but can someone explain why have them when it’s clear the player is not coming back on?

Wow spelling concussion as cheap and nasty concucciaon" how many hits to the head have you taken of late? :lol: :lol: :lol:
He's using a scouse spellchecker
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

predrag
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by predrag »

FIFA is considering using a new type of VAR-linked to artificial intelligence.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:06 am

Wow spelling concussion as cheap and nasty concucciaon" how many hits to the head have you taken of late? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wouldn't you need to be from somewhere near sniverpool for that to work.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

God is an Englishman wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:33 pm

Last time I looked there is no place called that. Only juveniles use silly names.

Also anyone with more than one brain cell knows that you can set you computer to whatever languages are loaded, I would ‘think’ you still have a UK setting , yet you are nowhere near there.

So …it’s very unlike you….but you are wrong :-)

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

Champions at last wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:39 pm
God is an Englishman wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:33 pm

Last time I looked there is no place called that. Only juveniles use silly names.

Also anyone with more than one brain cell knows that you can set you computer to whatever languages are loaded, I would ‘think’ you still have a UK setting , yet you are nowhere near there.

So …it’s very unlike you….but you are wrong :-)
IM FROM MANCHESTER BUT I CAN SPEAK SCOUSE. :smile:

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

Jose has to get the flick soon yeah..?? From UCL finalist to this..

Harry looking for greener pastures, Alli off to France, more to follow suit.. wheels are well and truly gone!
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

haywood djablowme wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:52 pm Jose has to get the flick soon yeah..?? From UCL finalist to this..

Harry looking for greener pastures, Alli off to France, more to follow suit.. wheels are well and truly gone!
With due respect to my friends at Raiders, it bottle of shiraz Zagreb FFS, they're shite and we should be attacking them all day long. However, it's his modus operandi, tighten things up and get a few better results playing park the bus football, which the fans forgive for a short while because results are better, maybe even sneak a cup result. Then, when other teams suss you out and you start to lose, blame the players, lose the dressing room and gain a whopping payout. Move on and repeat until chairmen wise up.

I said at the very beginning that I didn't want him, never liked him and we'd regret it. Little satisfaction in predicting that the sun will rise in the morning. Our problem now is that the chairman is tighter than a duck's muscat and won't pay.

The only thing that stops me beating myself to death with a 4 iron is that we're still above the Goons in the table :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

predrag
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by predrag »

The first game against Dinamo Zagreb,Spurs didn't park the bus as almost all possession was theirs,even then only scoring 2 goals ,but the Croatian team did.I know Dinamo is from a country with only 10 teams it top div,but it has one of the best youth academy's in Europe,if they only had the money of English teams to keep players they developed there would be results like this more often.

predrag
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by predrag »

To make things even more embarrassing for Tottenham,Dinamo's coach was jailed this week with a 4 year sentence for corruption/theft,with reserve coach taking over.As Spurs captain said-do not underestimate your opponent ever.

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Magnificent spectacle of a derby, West Ham 3-0 up, then Arsenal came roaring back.
3-3 the end result. Even that proven ageist Cyril might have been impressed (he likes to watch).

During the Hammers’ bright start there’s not much that could have been done to stop Lingard’s half-volley. However it was unforgivable for the Arsenal defence to go to sleep and not even be looking at the ball when that quick free kick was taken for West Ham’s second goal.

After West Ham’s third goal, Arsenal were given a mountain to climb at 0-3 but they scaled it. Odegaard was brilliant and man-of-the-match imo.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Con M wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:40 am Magnificent spectacle of a derby, West Ham 3-0 up, then Arsenal came roaring back.
3-3 the end result. Even that proven ageist Cyril might have been impressed (he likes to watch).

During the Hammers’ bright start there’s not much that could have been done to stop Lingard’s half-volley. However it was unforgivable for the Arsenal defence to go to sleep and not even be looking at the ball when that quick free kick was taken for West Ham’s second goal.

After West Ham’s third goal, Arsenal were given a mountain to climb at 0-3 but they scaled it. Odegaard was brilliant and man-of-the-match imo.
:lol: Roaring back my muscat, they were unbelievably lucky, pretty much every decision went their way and they still required two oggies.

Old fart like you needs to go to SpecSavers ;-)
Danny Blanchflower

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Nice One Cyril, always an unrepentant ageist to the end. Doesn’t get it that these days you can’t discriminate against persons of a certain age group, especially older people.

You’ll be disinterested to know that my family and friends have not regarded me as incompetent, dull-witted, plodding, inept or inexperienced. These are the things you continue to call me because you can’t properly discuss EPL matters with me.

You denigrate my command of English, yet my Matriculation Year-12 English teacher said the “B” I got in that subject “wasn’t bad for an immigrant”.

You are disgrace to your Pseudonym, “Nice One Cyril”. That term was used about Cyril Knowles, the late great left-back for for England and Spurs. He was a real gentleman and you’ll never be that.

Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Rookie »

Aguero on the move from Man City, still a handy pick up I reckon

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Rookie wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:52 am Aguero on the move from Man City, still a handy pick up I reckon
Perfect swap Augero to Spurs and Harry to Man City ;-)

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

wouldent the EPL be a better place without agents,yankee owners,divers and other assorted sofkoks and let us not forget VAR. ok so fifa tried but its cbviously a fail and should be scrapped forthwith. just let the ref do his job like he has for over 100 years. try something else FIFA like forcing coaches to stop condoning divers for a start, :roll:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

theorakle wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:08 pm wouldent the EPL be a better place without agents,yankee owners,divers and other assorted sofkoks and let us not forget VAR. ok so fifa tried but its cbviously a fail and should be scrapped forthwith. just let the ref do his job like he has for over 100 years. try something else FIFA like forcing coaches to stop condoning divers for a start, :roll:
There we have the racism again.

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

God is an Englishman wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:10 pm
theorakle wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:08 pm wouldent the EPL be a better place without agents,yankee owners,divers and other assorted sofkoks and let us not forget VAR. ok so fifa tried but its cbviously a fail and should be scrapped forthwith. just let the ref do his job like he has for over 100 years. try something else FIFA like forcing coaches to stop condoning divers for a start, :roll:
:wtf: are you on about. :?: :? :?:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

theorakle wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:31 pm
Your racism.

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

God is an Englishman wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:35 pm
Your racism.
no racism from me dont be a :clown:

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

theorakle wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:54 am
Your racism.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Your racism.
It's very clear, you want to pick one nationality to not have owners from there.

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

God is an Englishman wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:35 pm
Your racism.
It's very clear, you want to pick one nationality to not have owners from there.
i havent got a racist bone in my body but i do confess i and millions of man utd fans wish the bloody glazers had picked millwall to milk instead. if that unlikely event happened you might feel a bit RACIST too. :lol: :roll:

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Arsenal's so called elite players about to get their third manager the sack ??

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

N5 1BH wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:55 am Arsenal's so called elite players about to get their third manager the sack ??
We will not sack Arteta! We will clear out players over the summer & allow him to invest in the squad. Some of these players time is up! Mikel has promoted some youth, which others haven't, he has off loaded dead wood , which others haven't, he has been big enough to make some tough / needed decisions, which others haven't & he has won a couple of trophies.. players will go before he does
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

haywood djablowme wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:44 am
N5 1BH wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:55 am Arsenal's so called elite players about to get their third manager the sack ??
We will not sack Arteta! We will clear out players over the summer & allow him to invest in the squad. Some of these players time is up! Mikel has promoted some youth, which others haven't, he has off loaded dead wood , which others haven't, he has been big enough to make some tough / needed decisions, which others haven't & he has won a couple of trophies.. players will go before he does
And he's absolutely flying in the top half of the table, only 7 points behind the team with the worst manager in the league.
Danny Blanchflower

GaylyColouredStumps
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by GaylyColouredStumps »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:26 pm

With due respect to my friends at Raiders, it bottle of shiraz Zagreb FFS
Wait what? Pfffft. This is crazy talk. I can't even.

When I'm agreeing with predrag the jugoslav, you know NOC has gone too far
These users thanked the author Sunny Vanilla for the post:
Old Master, johndedes, theorakle, ozzie owl, suzie, thewabster, Za Dom Spremni

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Sunny Vanilla wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:47 pm
Nice One Cyril wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:26 pm

With due respect to my friends at Raiders, it bottle of shiraz Zagreb FFS
Wait what? Pfffft. This is crazy talk. I can't even.

When I'm agreeing with predrag the jugoslav, you know NOC has gone too far
:lol: I wouldn't dream of having a go at your beloved Dinamo, I was bemoaning the negative tactics of our bloody manager playing against teams we should just be attacking.
Danny Blanchflower

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

theorakle wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:11 pm
i havent got a racist bone in my body but i do confess i and millions of man utd fans wish the bloody glazers had picked millwall to milk instead. if that unlikely event happened you might feel a bit RACIST too. :lol: :roll:
Now, if you'd said that the game would be better without the Glazer's then you'd be right but to single out an entire nationality is racism.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

God is an Englishman wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:19 am
theorakle wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:11 pm
Now, if you'd said that the game would be better without the Glazer's then you'd be right but to single out an entire nationality is racism.
Sadly quite a few overseas buyouts of English clubs have left a trail of destruction ( ie Blackburn, Blackpool and I would add Sheff Wed to that list as well).