Dylan - selection to the Matildas

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

SAD GAL
Squad Player
Squad Player

Dylan - selection to the Matildas

Post by SAD GAL »

Congratulations first up Dylan on a wonderful opportunity. You earned it through hard work and determination. You have done this without being a part of any elite pathway program aka the gatekeeper (I stand to be corrected). No NTC and definitely NOT SASI.

You have set the standard for what needed to have been the case many years again. That is a player, like the mens Socceroos, can aspire and be selected to be a part of the national team without going through the gatekeeper. Again I stand to be corrected however, in the past you had to get the nod to be nominated by SASI (arghhhh) or NTC to get a shot at the Matildas. SASI's head bloke was the one who could make or break your national team aspirations. Sadly many worthy hard working players within SASI or outside the SASI system never got a chance.

What Dylan has achieved is in itself is ground breaking and shows that hard hard work and performing at the WNPL and W League can present you with a shot at the big time.

You do not NEED to be a part of the elite state programme to get a chance.

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: Dylan - selection to the Matildas

Post by juniorsupporter »

Sorry Sad Gal- she was in the state program from U/12, U13-NTC. And identified by “the system” at every level. Also a young Matilda. So she is a product of that system, but more recently of club coaches at City and United, and other trainers/supporters. It takes a village...

SAD GAL
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SAD GAL »

Junior....are you kidding me. state program under 12/13 is a life time away and had had NO bearing on her development. Her opportunity came at club and w league and personal determination and hard work. NOT the state programme. There comes a time Junior that the past cannot be credited with successes of the future. If it were that good she would have had the opportunity years back.

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Ok.

I won’t argue as you seem to know more about it all.

I think I said it was both- not either or.

C U Next Saturday
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by C U Next Saturday »

juniorsupporter wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:45 am Ok.

I won’t argue as you seem to know more about it all.

I think I said it was both- not either or.
SAD GIRL is never wrong .....

SAD GAL
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SAD GAL »

Junior I acknowledge that you credited the pathway post junior years. Apologies.

Do I know everything? Experience is the teacher. The fool's paradise (unfairly) is that the juniors coming through believe that there is only one way to the Matildas. It has been the case.

RAP300
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by RAP300 »

Well done to Dylan! Absolutely amazing news!

As for the NTC program - I honestly prefer the old SASI set up of open age. I think that's where players develop quicker. However, i can't really comment, as i've never been part of the NTC program.

Raich Carter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Raich Carter »

SAD GAL wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:33 amstate program under 12/13 is a life time away and had had NO bearing on her development.
If you believe that as an 11/12yo that any development program has had no bearing on their progress then you are a fool.
When I am king, you will be first against the wall
With your opinion which is of no consequence at all

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

First up Congratulations to Dylan. Wonderful reward for hard work.

Dylan over 20? 11/12 yo in a state program? And the connection on her development as a senior? Very little IMO. Am I a fool to. Don't think so. If there is a nexus then I'd say that from hereon we should see an avalanche of SA girls getting a chance for national selection.

Dylan has made the grade from what she has done the last 5 or so years and mainly the last 3-4. In the WNPL and W league

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

My initial post was to correct Sad Gal’s assertion that Dylan hadn’t been in the state program. She did start at 12- how much influence that year had, who knows. I was merely stating the fact of her participation. I think we digress...

Raich Carter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Raich Carter »

SAD GAL wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:33 am Junior....are you kidding me. state program under 12/13 is a life time away and had had NO bearing on her development.
No mention of her development as a senior just her development

billy the kid wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:51 pm Dylan over 20? 11/12 yo in a state program? And the connection on her development as a senior? Very little IMO. Am I a fool to. Don't think so. If there is a nexus then I'd say that from hereon we should see an avalanche of SA girls getting a chance for national selection.
No mention of her development as a senior just her development and every year you are involved in this game you are developing so yes it does have a bearing on your senior football.
When I am king, you will be first against the wall
With your opinion which is of no consequence at all

SAD GAL
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SAD GAL »

my apologies. You all make a fair point. It's all part of the journey.

philweb
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by philweb »

Congratulations to Dylan and if anyone other than Dylan herself would know it would have to be juniorsupporter :)

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

😎😎😎😂