Celtic Fans

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Grosso Mk II
Star Player
Star Player

Celtic Fans

Post by Grosso Mk II »

losing their shit :lol: :lol: :lol:

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Re: Celtic Fans

Post by ozzie owl »

Grosso Mk II wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:49 pm losing their shit :lol: :lol: :lol:
someone shared your posts on the Celtic fans forum?

Grosso Mk II
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Grosso Mk II »

ozzie owl wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:46 am
Grosso Mk II wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:49 pm losing their shit :lol: :lol: :lol:
someone told them a wogboy from Australia is going to manage them :lol:

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

Great appointment for Celtic
Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium.

Grosso Mk II
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Grosso Mk II »

they're not taking it well :lol:

they're already organising protests

'an unknown manager from a football backwater' is beneath them :lol:

Just Dave now
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Just Dave now »

Grosso Mk II wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:42 pm
have you applied ?
I may not be perfect but I'm still the closest I have ever come across

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Dave now from No 9 wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:42 pm
have you applied ?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by thebeautifulgame »

Under the circumstances Ange may well prove to be a shrewd appointment. Eddie Howe was my preference but he did a U-turn at the eleventh hour for whatever reason so realistically he was not committed and most likely a good thing they were 'divorced before the marriage took place'. Initially I was surprised (regarding Ange interest) as I fully expected a European of some description but Postecoglou ticks many of the boxes for me.
He is methodical in his approach, believes in his ability to get the best out of his players and in general plays an attacking formation designed to win games. The one quality above all that could make him a success in Glasgow is his ability to deal with the media and not bow down to them. Many in the game say he deserves a big chance in a more competitive environment and this is hard to argue with given his impressive managerial career to date.
This man could prove to be the real deal if he gets the financial backing of the Board and he is supported integrally by the staff he chooses.
If this is not forthcoming from Celtic I think he would be wise enough to decline the opportunity.
As a passionate Celtic man I just hope that the Club can move forward in a professional manner from here on in or is this too much to ask from the current Celtic Board? A risky move by Celtic? Yes! Could it work? Absolutely but it could go either way.
My final take on this- no matter who gets the gig at Celtic they deserve a minimum two to three year contract as we need stability following the clearance of players which will inevitably happen. This will require patience, understanding and acceptance that we may well be SECOND best to the other half in the short term. If Gerrard was afforded 'time to fail' then the new man at Celtic should also be afforded time to build and reshape the team, though the bigots and perhaps some of the members on the Celtic Board itself may find this unacceptable. If Ange does accept the gig he will surely have persuaded the Board to part with some serious money on replacements to compete with Rangers.

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

would ange need an interpreter. :?: ;-)

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

theorakle wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:16 am would ange need an interpreter. :?: ;-)
Back with your racist comments.

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

theorakle wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:16 am would ange need an interpreter. :?: ;-)
A Glesga kiss doesn't normally require one! :lol:

Grosso Mk II
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Grosso Mk II »

eagleboy wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:53 pm
they're fucking unintelligible and they claim to speak English

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

:wtf: :clown:

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Brian the Postman »

thebeautifulgame wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:05 am Under the circumstances Ange may well prove to be a shrewd appointment. Eddie Howe was my preference but he did a U-turn at the eleventh hour for whatever reason so realistically he was not committed and most likely a good thing they were 'divorced before the marriage took place'. Initially I was surprised (regarding Ange interest) as I fully expected a European of some description but Postecoglou ticks many of the boxes for me.
He is methodical in his approach, believes in his ability to get the best out of his players and in general plays an attacking formation designed to win games. The one quality above all that could make him a success in Glasgow is his ability to deal with the media and not bow down to them. Many in the game say he deserves a big chance in a more competitive environment and this is hard to argue with given his impressive managerial career to date.
This man could prove to be the real deal if he gets the financial backing of the Board and he is supported integrally by the staff he chooses.
If this is not forthcoming from Celtic I think he would be wise enough to decline the opportunity.
As a passionate Celtic man I just hope that the Club can move forward in a professional manner from here on in or is this too much to ask from the current Celtic Board? A risky move by Celtic? Yes! Could it work? Absolutely but it could go either way.
My final take on this- no matter who gets the gig at Celtic they deserve a minimum two to three year contract as we need stability following the clearance of players which will inevitably happen. This will require patience, understanding and acceptance that we may well be SECOND best to the other half in the short term. If Gerrard was afforded 'time to fail' then the new man at Celtic should also be afforded time to build and reshape the team, though the bigots and perhaps some of the members on the Celtic Board itself may find this unacceptable. If Ange does accept the gig he will surely have persuaded the Board to part with some serious money on replacements to compete with Rangers.
By deal with the media and not bow down to them, I presume you mean run from the job at hand when people question your teams performances and results?
It's all in the Delivery!

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

So Ange took the job. Thought he had more class

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

Does yer Granny own a sewing machine?
Time for some righteous indignation

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Grosso Mk II wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:53 pm
they're fucking unintelligible and they claim to speak English
Away an raffle yersel!

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

N5 1BH wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:14 pm So Ange took the job. Thought he had more class
....................says the man with a classless post!

a Gooner like you should be thankful you have Tierney- a class act and a model professional. :crazy:

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Brian the Postman wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:56 pm
thebeautifulgame wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:05 am Under the circumstances Ange may well prove to be a shrewd appointment. Eddie Howe was my preference but he did a U-turn at the eleventh hour for whatever reason so realistically he was not committed and most likely a good thing they were 'divorced before the marriage took place'. Initially I was surprised (regarding Ange interest) as I fully expected a European of some description but Postecoglou ticks many of the boxes for me.
By deal with the media and not bow down to them, I presume you mean run from the job at hand when people question your teams performances and results?
You have a fair point, though IMO too much expectation on his shoulders from an over expectant nation. This experience should help and not hinder him though the challenge at Celtic will be tough. Much will depend on the backing he receives from the Celtic Board, which in truth has been shambolic over the last few months.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

If they come second again, will that be deemed disastrous? Maybe win a cup?
Ignore this signature

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

thebeautifulgame wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:34 pm
N5 1BH wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:14 pm So Ange took the job. Thought he had more class

a Gooner like you should be thankful you have Tierney- a class act and a model professional. :crazy:
Tierney's a phoney. A diver and a drama queen, you can have him back

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

N5 1BH wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:51 am

i wish ange all the very best. :thumbup:

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Bomber wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:19 am If they come second again, will that be deemed disastrous? Maybe win a cup?
Normally it would (finishing second) but I think if he is second and nicks a Cup that would be a reasonable and acceptable start. I suppose it will come down to closing the gap enough for it to be deemed a 'decent' season or not. It would be a major coup for him to wrestle the title back at the first time of asking and most do not expect that to happen, including me.
I think Ange will find it difficult for the first few months as he has not been afforded the time to organise his squad in a timely manner and this is a sad reflection on the Celtic Board. However I would expect to see a vast improvement come the end of the year but alas it will be too little too late to challenge Rangers for the title. I am hoping he turns things around enough to get a second season under his belt as this is when he should be judged in a more reasonable manner.
Last note on this- It is all very well saying that Ange will try to play the Celtic way (attacking style football) but this worries me. Does this mean we will continue to leak soft goals at the back? Most probably yes and especially if John Kennedy continues in his capacity as Assistant Coach, please NO!

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

N5 1BH wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:51 am

This confirms what I had suspected- that you are either a bigot, clueless or perhaps both.

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Tierney is a diver, that’s a fact. So I guess by your equation that makes me a bigot. Time to make a stand by taking a knee ?

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

N5 1BH wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:10 pm Tierney is a diver, that’s a fact. So I guess by your equation that makes me a bigot. Time to make a stand by taking a knee ?
Bottom line is we are all entitled to our opinions. My opinion is that Tierney is a top player and is committed 100% in any game he plays (club or country). You say he dives so this makes him a bad player? So what about Kane, Salah etc., all bad players because they dive? Or because they have more talent then Tierney they are forgiven and excused? Also one of the worst serial divers ever was a certain Robert Pires who played for Arsenal (2000-2006). A fantastic talent but detested for his diving, especially in the opposition penalty box. Perhaps you are too young to remember him but perhaps not? Or does he get a 'special pardon' from an Arsenal fan like yourself because they won a Championship with his exploits and that is seen as acceptable? Tierney dives and the club is under achieving- send the bugger to jail!
Maybe you are not a bigot but just not football savvy or have a true understanding of the game. Just thought it odd you had a cheap dig at Ange and also Tierney (both Celtic connections) without having a strong dislike for the Club. Not got a problem with bigots as long as they admit what they are, I have dealt with them for most of my life. All down to hatred, intolerance and sadly a lack of education but there you go.
Back to talking about class (and not the lack of it)- great support from Simon Hill in wishing Ange well on his appointment.
The man will need all the support he can muster and your average Australian should be rooting for him in Glasgow from the other side of the planet (unless they support their biggest foes).

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

thebeautifulgame wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:42 am
N5 1BH wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:10 pm Tierney is a diver, that’s a fact. So I guess by your equation that makes me a bigot. Time to make a stand by taking a knee ?
Bottom line is we are all entitled to our opinions. My opinion is that Tierney is a top player and is committed 100% in any game he plays (club or country). You say he dives so this makes him a bad player? So what about Kane, Salah etc., all bad players because they dive? Or because they have more talent then Tierney they are forgiven and excused? Also one of the worst serial divers ever was a certain Robert Pires who played for Arsenal (2000-2006). A fantastic talent but detested for his diving, especially in the opposition penalty box. Perhaps you are too young to remember him but perhaps not? Or does he get a 'special pardon' from an Arsenal fan like yourself because they won a Championship with his exploits and that is seen as acceptable? Tierney dives and the club is under achieving- send the bugger to jail!
Maybe you are not a bigot but just not football savvy or have a true understanding of the game. Just thought it odd you had a cheap dig at Ange and also Tierney (both Celtic connections) without having a strong dislike for the Club. Not got a problem with bigots as long as they admit what they are, I have dealt with them for most of my life. All down to hatred, intolerance and sadly a lack of education but there you go.
Back to talking about class (and not the lack of it)- great support from Simon Hill in wishing Ange well on his appointment.
The man will need all the support he can muster and your average Australian should be rooting for him in Glasgow from the other side of the planet (unless they support their biggest foes).
Apology accepted

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

He's not from Australia though.

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

all divers and shirt pullers are a pain in the toukas and a blight on the game. refs should be able to send these actors off early in the game as only the coaches will stop it with no advantage to them. the game has changed over the years, unfortunately not all for the better. :roll:

C U Next Saturday
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by C U Next Saturday »

theorakle wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:34 am all divers and shirt pullers are a pain in the toukas and a blight on the game. refs should be able to send these actors off early in the game as only the coaches will stop it with no advantage to them. the game has changed over the years, unfortunately not all for the better. :roll:
What has that got to do with Celtic ?