Ashes 21/22

This forum is for discussion of other sports.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

Just Dave now
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Ashes 21/22

Post by Just Dave now »

God is an Englishman wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:19 pm
Bomber wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:31 am
God is an Englishman wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:40 am
Bomber wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:20 am
God is an Englishman wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:02 am
Bomber wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:26 am

Why the need to sing? It's usually a football thing. Majority of sports there's no crowd singing. We let our sportsmen do the talking on the field.
Either way, it seems to be doing very little in lifting the performance of the poms.

and how boring is the atmosphere at cricket because of it. I'm not surprised an aussie doesn't understand supporting their team.
Sit back and enjoy the laid back nature of the game. Would you chant at a district or county game? Do you really need some repetitious drunken pub songs to make the game "exciting"? Maybe poms live such dreary lives that even the most simplest things can amuse them and make them feel so important.
Yes, I have sung at a county game.

As I said earlier, I'm not surprised that an aussie doesn't understand supporting their team.
So in your definition, if you don't sing drunken pub songs at the cricket, you aren't supporting the team? Tell me which other countries sing such silly ditties at test matches?
No, you don't have to but australians just silently watch, when they bother to turn up. The occasional supporter wikl get drunk and violent or just collapse.

It's not about singing, it's the support.

India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka...
looking at your spelling you might need to ease off on the booze lol
I may not be perfect but I'm still the closest I have ever come across

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Just Dave now wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:23 pm

and how boring is the atmosphere at cricket because of it. I'm not surprised an aussie doesn't understand supporting their team.
Sit back and enjoy the laid back nature of the game. Would you chant at a district or county game? Do you really need some repetitious drunken pub songs to make the game "exciting"? Maybe poms live such dreary lives that even the most simplest things can amuse them and make them feel so important.

As I said earlier, I'm not surprised that an aussie doesn't understand supporting their team.
So in your definition, if you don't sing drunken pub songs at the cricket, you aren't supporting the team? Tell me which other countries sing such silly ditties at test matches?
No, you don't have to but australians just silently watch, when they bother to turn up. The occasional supporter wikl get drunk and violent or just collapse.

looking at your spelling you might need to ease off on the booze lol
It's been a long few days.

Scholes
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Scholes »

The obvious reason Aussies can't match the Barmy Army for singing....in 40 years the best Aussies can come up with is either aussie, aussie, oi, oi, oi or cooee. I went to the game on Thursday & 500 Barmy Army supporters made more noise than 20,000 Aussie so called " supporters "

C U Next Saturday
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by C U Next Saturday »

B.Toomer wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:19 pm The obvious reason Aussies can't match the Barmy Army for singing....in 40 years the best Aussies can come up with is either aussie, aussie, oi, oi, oi or cooee. I went to the game on Thursday & 500 Barmy Army supporters made more noise than 20,000 Aussie so called " supporters "
good story.... champ

Just Dave now
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Just Dave now »

C U Next Saturday wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:29 pm
B.Toomer wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:19 pm The obvious reason Aussies can't match the Barmy Army for singing....in 40 years the best Aussies can come up with is either aussie, aussie, oi, oi, oi or cooee. I went to the game on Thursday & 500 Barmy Army supporters made more noise than 20,000 Aussie so called " supporters "
good story.... champ
lol they need to deflect being cabernet at cricket with look how good we can support blah blah

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Just Dave now wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:38 pm
C U Next Saturday wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:29 pm
good story.... champ
lol they need to deflect being cabernet at cricket with look how good we can support blah blah
I'd say, we're cabernet in Australian conditions.

After all you haven't beaten us in a series for 20 years in England.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

Unread post by B.Toomer » Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:49 pm

The obvious reason Aussies can't match the Barmy Army for singing....in 40 years the best Aussies can come up with is either aussie, aussie, oi, oi, oi or cooee. I went to the game on Thursday & 500 Barmy Army supporters made more noise than 20,000 Aussie so called " supporters "
let me know when and where the Fans Supporting World Championship is being held.... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

Post by God is an Englishman » Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:00 pm

oh quick......lets make this about any other measure that pains England in a good light..."weve got the loudest support", "our players really appreciate our singing", "Australia hasnt beaten us in England for 20 years"

mate, your own kind are labelling your national team an embarrassment!!!!
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

MegaBonus wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:22 pm
Post by God is an Englishman » Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:00 pm

oh quick......lets make this about any other measure that pains England in a good light..."weve got the loudest support", "our players really appreciate our singing", "Australia hasnt beaten us in England for 20 years"

mate, your own kind are labelling your national team an embarrassment!!!!
Who brought up our support?

If you can't appreciate different playing conditions and their nuances then you should probably discuss cricket with Cooper.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

of course i can appreciate 'home ground advantage' and playing conditions having an impact.....which is why losing the Euro final at Wembley in front of a partisan crowd made it more of a failure :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

by God is an Englishman » Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:31 am

And still the #1 batsmen in the world
:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Well at least he's ranked higher than any australian.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

MegaBonus wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:07 pm of course i can appreciate 'home ground advantage' and playing conditions having an impact.....which is why losing the Euro final at Wembley in front of a partisan crowd made it more of a failure :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
OK quick, let's mske this about any other measure to paint England in a bad light.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

Post by God is an Englishman » Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:43 pm

you must be in real pain to bring that old chestnut up....he wears the baggy green...thats what counts!!!!

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

MegaBonus wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:11 pm
Post by God is an Englishman » Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:43 pm

you must be in real pain to bring that old chestnut up....he wears the baggy green...thats what counts!!!!
No pain, just like laughing at whingeing hypocrisy from a lot of aussies.

3 foreigners on the field at times for Australia in the last test.

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Cooper »

Let's hope England continues to be cabernet for the rest of the series and the Aussies go 5-0

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Cooper wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:09 am Let's hope England continues to be cabernet for the rest of the series and the Aussies go 5-0
What days did you end up going to?

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Bomber wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:26 am

Why the need to sing? It's usually a football thing. Majority of sports there's no crowd singing. We let our sportsmen do the talking on the field.
Either way, it seems to be doing very little in lifting the performance of the poms.

India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka don't sing silly drunken ditties, they roar when their team does something good. When they're losing they are pretty silent.
If anything, the West Indies crowd like to bang on drums and chant, but they usually aren't on the booze, they're on the other gear. ;-)
Ignore this signature

Scholes
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Scholes »

Didn't know you knew Indian, Pakistani or Sri Lankan. Thought you only knew Orstrayan & Polak.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:26 am

India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka don't sing silly drunken ditties, they roar when their team does something good. When they're losing they are pretty silent.
If anything, the West Indies crowd like to bang on drums and chant, but they usually aren't on the booze, they're on the other gear. ;-)
I think you need to go to cricket more often.

We don't sing "drunken ditties" in Australia either, it's mid strength.

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Cooper »

God is an Englishman wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:00 am
Cooper wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:09 am Let's hope England continues to be cabernet for the rest of the series and the Aussies go 5-0
What days did you end up going to?
Another win.

What's it to you?

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:01 am

I've been to plenty matches, dating back to the mid 70's. Unlike you, my hearing and vision are quite good for a person of my age. :thumbup:
Seems like many struggle with mid strength too, and you can buy spirits (despite rip off prices). ;-)
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:39 am
God is an Englishman wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:01 am

I've been to plenty matches, dating back to the mid 70's. Unlike you, my hearing and vision are quite good for a person of my age. :thumbup:
Seems like many struggle with mid strength too, and you can buy spirits (despite rip off prices). ;-)
Spirits are mid strength where the singing is.

You need to go to more cricket.

Just Dave now
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Just Dave now »

lol the indians go beserk even if kholi bends over for a stretch and god help us when the indians know the camera is on them its like its suddenly christmas and its a lets look at who can be the most silliest on national tv

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Cooper »

Looks like England haven't improved at all lol

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Cooper wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:45 pm Looks like England haven't improved at all lol
Changing the batting line up as has been as effective as shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic .

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^....no!!! The Titanic stayed afloat longer!

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

MegaBonus wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:17 pm ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^....no!!! The Titanic stayed afloat longer!

Root might as well open the batting he always comes in at 2 for next to nothing .

Bodø
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Bodø »

Effectively -21/7... I was going to cook up some chicken wings to eat as I watched this but could well be over before the wings are done.
Kawasaki Versys 1000
Yamaha Xmax 300
Honda Goldwing 1800

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

I think the Aussies need to replace the test team with the Redbacks to give England a competitive match next game. My money would be on the redbacks.