EPL 21/22

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Re: EPL 21/22

Post by Old Master »

The British press are claiming the title will go down to the game between Liverpool and Man City and I believe that to be true - it should be a cracker of a game.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Old Master wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:41 am The British press are claiming the title will go down to the game between Liverpool and Man City and I believe that to be true - it should be a cracker of a game.

Doesn't take a genius to work out that.

predrag
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by predrag »

Cant wait for top of ladder clash, also Newcastle if they continue the way they have last 3 games might be the richest team in the championship ever.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

haywood djablowme wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:45 am
Con M wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:10 am Watford 2 Arsenal 3. Arsenal now up to 4th position.

Sublime goals by Odegaard, Saka and Martinelli.

Could coming 3rd be a real possibility?
Wouldn't say no to UCL $$$$$$$$$$ however i don't believe this squad is ready for UCL football week in week out - just yet!
Especially not if you bump into a powerhouse like Crystal Palace :lol:
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Raich Carter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Raich Carter »

predrag wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:58 pm Cant wait for top of ladder clash, also Newcastle if they continue the way they have last 3 games might be the richest team in the championship ever.
The bottom 3 are so bad that the skunks will survive by default
When I am king, you will be first against the wall
With your opinion which is of no consequence at all

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Raich Carter wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:40 am
predrag wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:58 pm Cant wait for top of ladder clash, also Newcastle if they continue the way they have last 3 games might be the richest team in the championship ever.
:lol: How are the Mackems travelling these days?
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:37 am
haywood djablowme wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:45 am
Con M wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:10 am Watford 2 Arsenal 3. Arsenal now up to 4th position.

Sublime goals by Odegaard, Saka and Martinelli.

Could coming 3rd be a real possibility?
Wouldn't say no to UCL $$$$$$$$$$ however i don't believe this squad is ready for UCL football week in week out - just yet!
Especially not if you bump into a powerhouse like Crystal Palace :lol:
Didn't Palace beat your mob earlier in the season Cyril.... ?? Just saying!
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

Raich Carter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Raich Carter »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:59 am
Struggling but we are not owned by a Theocracy that bombs another country, stones women for being raped and only last week beheaded 81 people.

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

horrible evil world ran by horrible evil people. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Raich Carter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Raich Carter »

theorakle wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:30 am horrible evil world ran by horrible evil people. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
Yes, but according to you better than the Glasers???

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Raich Carter wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:23 am
Struggling but we are not owned by a Theocracy that bombs another country, stones women for being raped and only last week beheaded 81 people.
They only beheaded criminals, convicted by their judicial system, apparently. :lol:
Danny Blanchflower

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:41 pm
Raich Carter wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:23 am
They only beheaded criminals, convicted by their judicial system, apparently. :lol:
potty religions are capable of doing stupid things still in 2o23. :wtf: :roll:

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

theorakle wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:45 pmpotty religions are capable of doing stupid things still in 2o23. :wtf: :roll:
All religion is potty. Stone Age man had a reason to believe in a pantheon of gods, we don't appear to have developed very far.
Danny Blanchflower

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:47 am
theorakle wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:45 pmpotty religions are capable of doing stupid things still in 2o23. :wtf: :roll:
All religion is potty. Stone Age man had a reason to believe in a pantheon of gods, we don't appear to have developed very far.
money and power are the only gods that matter these days it would seem. all the tech is for killing people not helping people. not much money in peace seemingly. :roll:

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Interesting weekend, normal service is resumed ;-)
Danny Blanchflower

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

Man U is so unwatchable......there must be discord in the changerooms.....clean out required regardless of coach....
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

MegaBonus wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:50 pm Man U is so unwatchable......there must be discord in the changerooms.....clean out required regardless of coach....
couldent agree more.sorry ralf but you are too soft with them. do not defend them they are not worth it. you need sir alexs hair dryer now or play the academy for the last games with nothing to lose and let ten hag have a look at them. get rid of all those legends in their own lunchboxes and play the lads who would pay to play for united. get mason greenwood back cos we need him badly. all these overpaid manager killers are letting united down badly and the worst part is that they dont even care.they all definately on far too much money for what little they do. that MUST CHANGE BY SEASONS END, i would like to see sir roy keane as manager, he has his own hair dryer and wouldent put up with any kraap from any of these overpaid hand stimulaters who are supposed to be PLAYERS ONLY. A TOP SWEEPER NEEDS TO BE HIRED FOR UNITEDS DRESSING ROOM NOW. lord knows what sir alex is thinking watching these pretenders but i will bet he is bloody fed up like millions of utd fans plus me,, :roll:

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

MegaBonus wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:50 pm Man U is so unwatchable......there must be discord in the changerooms.....clean out required regardless of coach....
I love to watch the way their playing. Keep it up. :grin:

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

eagleboy wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:21 am
well i bloody well dont. i know i was spoilt by sir alex and the great sides he produced. :roll:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

theorakle wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:17 am
eagleboy wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:21 am
well i bloody well dont. i know i was spoilt by sir alex and the great sides he produced. :roll:
St Mirren fans say hi.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

NOC how bad were Spurs tonight not one shot on target ? Very defensive set up and played into Brighton hands .

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

ozzie owl wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:03 pm NOC how bad were Spurs tonight not one shot on target ? Very defensive set up and played into Brighton hands .
I thought Brighton were well set up, worked their socks off and fully deserved to win. Spurs were awful, but I've said many times, Ben Davies is not good enough, Reguilon is not good enough, Royale is not good enough, so to pick all three together is unforgiveable IMO. It could have been worse, because I'm not sure how Kulucevski avoided a red card, VAR must have been asleep.

The only bright spot in last night's performance was that Southampton were too good for the Goons. ;-)
Danny Blanchflower

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

In other news, UK Government officials are positioned on south coast beaches, handing out Arsenal shirts to those arriving by dinghy. Apparently they have the words, 'Visit Rwanda' on the front ;-)
Danny Blanchflower

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:16 am
ozzie owl wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:03 pm NOC how bad were Spurs tonight not one shot on target ? Very defensive set up and played into Brighton hands .
I thought Brighton were well set up, worked their socks off and fully deserved to win. Spurs were awful, but I've said many times, Ben Davies is not good enough, Reguilon is not good enough, Royale is not good enough, so to pick all three together is unforgiveable IMO. It could have been worse, because I'm not sure how Kulucevski avoided a red card, VAR must have been asleep.

The only bright spot in last night's performance was that Southampton were too good for the Goons. ;-)
I agree on Kulucevski was obvious red , however the constant fouling and players falling like they had been shot was ridiculous .

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

ozzie owl wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:41 am
Nice One Cyril wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:16 am

I agree on Kulucevski was obvious red , however the constant fouling and players falling like they had been shot was ridiculous .
perhaps the coaching curiculum is different these days sadly. :thumbdown:

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Good money if you are one of the best.
Manchester United star Cristiano Ronaldo earned a bumper £850,000 bonus after hat-trick against Norwich and will get £100k for every goal he scores till end of season.
According to The Sun UK, Ronaldo triggered a bonus-related clause in his contract after reaching 21 goals for the season on Saturday.
Ronaldo's contract includes a £750,000 bonus for reaching 20 goals this season plus a further £100,000 for his hat-trick strike.
The report adds that Ronaldo will now receive £100,000 for any other goal he scores in the remainder of this season.
Also the club will pay their top scorer this season £1million and Ronaldo seems almost certain to win the cash prize as he is 12 goals ahead of his closest challenger Bruno Fernandes.
Furthermore, Ronaldo would reportedly receive around £2.75million in total payments if he manages to reach 30 goals this season.

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by thebeautifulgame »

eagleboy wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:58 pm Good money if you are one of the best.
Manchester United star Cristiano Ronaldo earned a bumper £850,000 bonus after hat-trick against Norwich and will get £100k for every goal he scores till end of season.
According to The Sun UK, Ronaldo triggered a bonus-related clause in his contract after reaching 21 goals for the season on Saturday.
Ronaldo's contract includes a £750,000 bonus for reaching 20 goals this season plus a further £100,000 for his hat-trick strike.
The report adds that Ronaldo will now receive £100,000 for any other goal he scores in the remainder of this season.
Also the club will pay their top scorer this season £1million and Ronaldo seems almost certain to win the cash prize as he is 12 goals ahead of his closest challenger Bruno Fernandes.
Furthermore, Ronaldo would reportedly receive around £2.75million in total payments if he manages to reach 30 goals this season.
Can't wait to hear theorakle's opinion on this one, I am genuinely interested! ;-)
Personally I can't see what it does for team moral, does the GK get as much of a bonus for stopping them going in? :idea:

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:37 am In other news, UK Government officials are positioned on south coast beaches, handing out Arsenal shirts to those arriving by dinghy. Apparently they have the words, 'Visit Rwanda' on the front ;-)
good one cyril. genuine humour. :clap:

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

thebeautifulgame wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:13 pm
eagleboy wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:58 pm Good money if you are one of the best.
Can't wait to hear theorakle's opinion on this one, I am genuinely interested! ;-)
Personally I can't see what it does for team moral, does the GK get as much of a bonus for stopping them going in? :idea:
ok my opinion. the money paid these days is ridiculous. this is why players have egos they shouldent have. the worlds gone bloody mad. sorry to hear about ronaldos baby my condolences to them both. :(

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Nice One Cyril wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:37 am In other news, UK Government officials are positioned on south coast beaches, handing out Arsenal shirts to those arriving by dinghy. Apparently they have the words, 'Visit Rwanda' on the front ;-)

Well done to the Johnson government.