Question re SAASL rules

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Question re SAASL rules

Post by Bomber »

Div 4 Sunday, half time score - Adelaide Eagles 11 Barossa 0 - half time Barossa approach ref and Eagles team that they didn't have enough fit players to complete game so had to call it a day.
Does the score stand? I would assume so, but in this league there often seems some rules for some, other rules for others.
Ignore this signature

dhoyle
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Question re SAASL rules

Post by dhoyle »

I have seen results stand for this. Team X just refused to come back out for the 2nd half. Score stood as it was (more than 3.0)

English
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by English »

At least Barossa got through half, PAC claim they had three players available for two teams last week :thumbdown:

Frank Costanza
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Frank Costanza »

Bomber wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:48 am Div 4 Sunday, half time score - Adelaide Eagles 11 Barossa 0 - half time Barossa approach ref and Eagles team that they didn't have enough fit players to complete game so had to call it a day.
Does the score stand? I would assume so, but in this league there often seems some rules for some, other rules for others.
Result should stand but who knows with SAASL.
How come on the table Adelaide Eagles only have 39 points yet they have 15 wins?
WHO TOOK MY TV GUIDE???

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Frank Costanza wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:18 pm
Bomber wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:48 am Div 4 Sunday, half time score - Adelaide Eagles 11 Barossa 0 - half time Barossa approach ref and Eagles team that they didn't have enough fit players to complete game so had to call it a day.
How come on the table Adelaide Eagles only have 39 points yet they have 15 wins?
Had a points deduction during season. Bit of argy bargy in an away game (ironically against Barossa) - wasn't there but told was just retaliation after a spitting incident from a Barossa player which fired up a few of the travelling Eagles lads. Not much in it supposedly, but a whopping points penalty compared to what some other teams seem to get away with.
Even still, they will probably win the league and go up.
Ignore this signature

C U Next Saturday
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by C U Next Saturday »

Bomber wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:21 am
Had a points deduction during season. Bit of argy bargy in an away game (ironically against Barossa) - wasn't there but told was just retaliation after a spitting incident from a Barossa player which fired up a few of the travelling Eagles lads. Not much in it supposedly, but a whopping points penalty compared to what some other teams seem to get away with.
I was under the impression Adelaide Eagles played a player that was serving a suspension from FootballSA

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

C U Next Saturday wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:22 pm
Bomber wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:21 am
I was under the impression Adelaide Eagles played a player that was serving a suspension from FootballSA
I guess that is possible too and may explain why such a penalty. Again, only hearsay, just thought when I heard what happened above, thought that may have been reason.
Ignore this signature