Cost of playing Junior Football

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Cost of playing Junior Football

Post by Con M »

With this controversy once again raging in the mainstream media and some fees north of $1,000, I think it’s fair to raise a few questions:

(1) what is the most expensive season fee around town?

(2) is there a detailed & comprehensive financial breakdown of the cost for clubs to run a junior team - electricity, water, mowing, team uniforms, coaches’ wages, etc?

(3) is further reducing the fee of having more than one child playing at a club viable?

(4) There is a reduced concession entrance fee for pensioners and single parents to watch an NPL game. Is it viable/affordable that a similar concession be applied to junior fees for single parents or aged grandparents with custody of a grandchild?

SP999
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: Cost of playing Junior Football

Post by SP999 »

Paying for overseas visa players and denying local young players spots in 1st teams.
Farcical!

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Is this about what was on the ABC this week? You’d think the FSA would be bending over backwards to get clubs like Adelaide Youth Football Club involved. The fact it doesn’t speaks volumes about where it’s priorities are not, shame on all of them.

BeNatural
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BeNatural »

Con M wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:49 am With this controversy once again raging in the mainstream media and some fees north of $1,000, I think it’s fair to raise a few questions:

(2) is there a detailed & comprehensive financial breakdown of the cost for clubs to run a junior team - electricity, water, mowing, team uniforms, coaches’ wages, etc?

(3) is further reducing the fee of having more than one child playing at a club viable?

(4) There is a reduced concession entrance fee for pensioners and single parents to watch an NPL game. Is it viable/affordable that a similar concession be applied to junior fees for single parents or aged grandparents with custody of a grandchild?
Have you asked your club Campbelltown for a breakdown?

They will tell you that employing full and part time staff is required because not enough volunteers, so unfortunately everyone at the club has to fork out for fees

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

BeNatural wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:26 pm
Con M wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:49 am With this controversy once again raging in the mainstream media and some fees north of $1,000, I think it’s fair to raise a few questions:

Have you asked your club Campbelltown for a breakdown?

They will tell you that employing full and part time staff is required because not enough volunteers, so unfortunately everyone at the club has to fork out for fees
I have and will again. I respect all the hardworking volunteers at all clubs.

I feel questions 3 and 4 are reasonable to ask. I just want to see more disadvantaged children playing.

BeNatural
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BeNatural »

I have two kids at a club, i received discount for having multiple kids at the club.

i also volunteered as a team manager last year and received 20% discount for the child fees in that team.

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Problem solved