England pre- WC Squad

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Re: England pre- WC Squad

Post by God is an Englishman »

Con M wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:28 pm
God is an Englishman wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:40 pm
Con M wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:29 pm
God is an Englishman wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:51 pm
Con M wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:42 pm
Old Master wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:06 pm I'm still trying to raise any interest in watching any of it at the moment.
No no, Elderly Master. Put aside the Qatar venue - there might be some good games for your place of origin with England playing Iran at 11.30pm Monday 21/11/22 and England v. USA at 5.30am Saturday 26/11/22.

Also your place of residence (Straya) playing World Cup holders France at 5.30am Wednesday 23/11/22 and versus Tunisia at 8.30pm Saturday 26/11/22.

All live on our SBS (not mouldy Meldrew’s disgraced Optus which stuffed up the telecast of the 2018 World Cup).
How did they stuff it up?
Wot Englishman?? You can’t recall Straya’s PM had to intervene and make Octopus hand it over to our free-to-air SBS after their telecasts kept freezing and f..ark.ing up during the early rounds?

Get with it for your memory’s sake, G.Isn’t.A.E.
Remember Uncle Con’s sayings - an apple a day keeps the doctor away, a chess game a week keeps Alzheimer’s away....
I remember that I didn't have any problems with any games that I watched.
You’re kidding. Ask Mr Google. You know how to google it. It reads “Optus hands rights to SBS after streaming disaster”.
I remember that I didn't have any problems with any of the games that I watched.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Old Master wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:06 pm I'm still trying to raise any interest in watching any of it at the moment.
No no, Elderly Master. Put aside the Qatar venue - there might be some good games for your place of origin with England playing Iran at 11.30pm Monday 21/11/22 and England v. USA at 5.30am Saturday 26/11/22.

Also your place of residence (Straya) playing World Cup holders France at 5.30am Wednesday 23/11/22 and versus Tunisia at 8.30pm Saturday 26/11/22.

All live on our SBS (not mouldy Meldrew’s disgraced Optus which stuffed up the telecast of the 2018 World Cup).
Wot Englishman?? You can’t recall Straya’s PM had to intervene and make Octopus hand it over to our free-to-air SBS after their telecasts kept freezing and f..ark.ing up during the early rounds?

Remember Uncle Con’s sayings - an apple a day keeps the doctor away, a chess game a week keeps Alzheimer’s away....
You’re kidding. Ask Mr Google. You know how to google it. It reads “Optus hands rights to SBS after streaming disaster”.

See my comment above

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

God is an Englishman wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:26 pm

I remember that I didn't have any problems with any of the games that I watched.
Well, bully for you. Thousands upon thousands had frustrating playback and buffering issues spoiling their experience and got refunds from Octopus.

The headline ran “Floptus officially hands over rights to all remaining World Cup games to SBS after streaming disaster”.

ps, I take it you then didn’t switch over to SBS to watch England march deep into the tournament all the way to the Semi-Finals. You’re sounding more and more like Optus’s then chief apologist “mouldy Victor Meldrew”.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Con M wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:36 am

Well, bully for you. Thousands upon thousands had frustrating playback and buffering issues spoiling their experience and got refunds from Octopus.

The headline ran “Floptus officially hands over rights to all remaining World Cup games to SBS after streaming disaster”.

ps, I take it you then didn’t switch over to SBS to watch England march deep into the tournament all the way to the Semi-Finals. You’re sounding more and more like Optus’s then chief apologist “mouldy Victor Meldrew”.

I'm just stating facts

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

God is an Englishman wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:39 am

I'm just stating facts
Ha ha. So when Meldrew’s Optus passed over the baton, you didn’t switch over to our SBS to watch your country England’s progress? Answer the question.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

To be fair the Optus coverage is pretty good now. However the number of ads they run is ridiculous , especially since they have hiked up their prices.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

Con M wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:59 am

I'm just stating facts
Ha ha. So when Meldrew’s Optus passed over the baton, you didn’t switch over to our SBS to watch your country England’s progress? Answer the question.
I stand by the fact everybody with Fetch by Optus were fine.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

I'm just stating facts
I don't remember what channel I watched it on. I do remember though that I had no problems with however I watched it.

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

God is an Englishman wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 5:45 pm

I'm just stating facts
I don't remember what channel I watched it on. I do remember though that I had no problems with however I watched it.
In other words “I can’t remember your Honour, but it was not on Optus that I watched England’s 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 progress to the World Cup Semi-Final”.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Con M wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 6:11 pm
God is an Englishman wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 5:45 pm

I'm just stating facts
In other words “I can’t remember your Honour, but it was not on Optus that I watched England’s 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 progress to the World Cup Semi-Final”.
No, it's saying it was 4 years ago and I have no idea what channel I watched a game on.
Last edited by God is an Englishman on Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

GaylyColouredStumps
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by GaylyColouredStumps »

I remember watching Croatia knock out England in the semis…. Great game :D
These users thanked the author Sunny Vanilla for the post:
Old Master, johndedes, theorakle, ozzie owl, suzie, thewabster, Za Dom Spremni