World Cup 2022 Forum

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Marinos
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: World Cup 2022 Forum

Post by Marinos »

Ga Pala wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 1:12 pm They’ve got more time to work on their dance moves now 😉
Did anyone seriously have an issue with their celebrations?

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

Ofor Fuxake wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:59 am
N5 1BH wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:01 am So disappointed for Japan, what a shame they didn’t win last night
Croatia made my day.
ivanka knol made mine, ;-)

GaylyColouredStumps
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by GaylyColouredStumps »

Marinos wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:21 pm
Ga Pala wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 1:12 pm They’ve got more time to work on their dance moves now 😉
Any team with the pedigree of Brazil carrying on like pork chops after a demolition of a team like South Korea gets everything coming their way
These users thanked the author Sunny Vanilla for the post:
Old Master, johndedes, theorakle, ozzie owl, suzie, thewabster, Za Dom Spremni

Marinos
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Marinos »

Arena Oaxaca wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:45 pm
Any team with the pedigree of Brazil carrying on like pork chops after a demolition of a team like South Korea gets everything coming their way
shiraz hell, they even gave you one of their rejects to play for your country and you still hammer them :lol:

predrag
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by predrag »

Brazil should have got a red for a taekwondo style high kick in first half,Croatia matched them all over the field,a great step up from last game,still shots on goal must improve for Argentina.By the way Argentine players must have went to an acting academy ,carrying on like a bunch of idiots going down to i guess an aura touch as soon as a player gets close to them,then complain about ref?

GaylyColouredStumps
Team Manager
Team Manager

Marinos wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:47 pm
Arena Oaxaca wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:45 pm
shiraz hell, they even gave you one of their rejects to play for your country and you still hammer them :lol:
Yep

Frank Costanza
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Frank Costanza »

The cameras cutting to Becks just before Kane ballooned that pen was a little too prophetic.
NOC - if he did that in the NL derby (and spurs went on to lose) how much worse would you feel than now?
WHO TOOK MY TV GUIDE???

GaylyColouredStumps
Team Manager
Team Manager

Let’s see who gets the blame:

Ref?
Kane?
Southgate?
Macron?

GaylyColouredStumps
Team Manager
Team Manager

When Kane heard “it’s coming home” he thought it meant the actual football they were playing with :lol:

Maldini
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Maldini »

Arena Oaxaca wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:16 am Let’s see who gets the blame:

Ref?
Kane?
Southgate?
Macron?
Blame should not be on Kane. The team should have scored at least once in open play to keep themselves in it rather than relying on penalties. Other players need to step up in big games like this too.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Maldini wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:46 am

Ref?
Kane?
Southgate?
Macron?
Blame should not be on Kane. The team should have scored at least once in open play to keep themselves in it rather than relying on penalties. Other players need to step up in big games like this too.
Some poor substitutions and too late by Southgate .

Sterling did nothing and apart from the foul to get a penalty Mount was also missing .

What was point in bringing on Grealish with 2 mins of added time left ?

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

ozzie owl wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:00 am

Ref?
Kane?
Southgate?
Macron?
Some poor substitutions and too late by Southgate.

Sterling did nothing and apart from the foul to get a penalty Mount was also missing .

Bit harsh to blame the loss on Sterling and Mount. They came on in the 79 minute and one got a penalty. Stelling had a couple of moments. Pickford kept the poms in the game. Giroud still has a bit in his tank.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

ozzie owl wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:00 am

Ref?
Kane?
Southgate?
Macron?
Some poor substitutions and too late by Southgate .

There was an injury.

I thought, apart from the 2 penalties he missed (one may have been only a free kick) and the foul on Saka before their first goal, the ref had a good game.

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by thebeautifulgame »

Ref?
Kane?
Southgate?
Macron?
Ref- started well enough but found it tough the second half. Surprised the second penalty given needed VAR intervention.
Kane- class player though second penalty was woeful but this is what pressure does when the weight of a nation is on your shoulders.
Southgate- better manager than what he gets credit for but some of the Poms will no doubt blast him. For me England were the better team second half and France struggled at times. This defeat was not caused by the manager or tactics on the park as they were narrowly beaten by the present World Champions.
Macron- :lol:

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Great WC moments

[MEDIA=youtube]fpbkRApq9qY[/MEDIA]
[MEDIA=youtube]TuVZh4rSzmI[/MEDIA]

https://youtu.be/364qq5QOKsM

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

God is an Englishman » Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:23 am

I thought, apart from the 2 penalties he missed (one may have been only a free kick) and the foul on Saka before their first goal, the ref had a good game.
I think youve just given forumites ammunition for years to come...
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

MegaBonus wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 2:30 pm

It wouldn't be England without them whingeing :clap: :clap:

predrag
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by predrag »

Moroccan's were amazing, England played great, just not enough shots on goal-why the hell did a player like Grealish come on so late?

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Ref?
Kane?
Southgate?
Macron?
Interesting. I wouldn't blame the ref, I liked that he let a good amount of physical stuff go and that he missed an obvious foul on Saka is meaningless, there was plenty of time for England to defend that, Rice I think it was let Mbappe come inside, then although it was a great strike, Pickford should save those from that range, but it was a well worked goal.

Kane missed a penalty and it was a poor pen, but everyone misses from time to time and that was just the wrong time.

Macron I can discount even though he married his mother, so that just leaves me with Southgate. I accept that he has limited choices in defence so has to play Maguire and Shaw, neither of whom are really good enough, but why pick Henderson, he's an older version of Rice and Bellingham, and leave Maddison on the bench?

He's had six years, achieved nothing with the best squad I've seen since Bobby Robson was managing and surely has to go now. Remember, his crowning achievement in club football was getting Middlesborough relegated.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

GaylyColouredStumps
Team Manager
Team Manager

Nice One Cyril wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:10 pm

Ref?
Kane?
Southgate?
Macron?
Interesting. I wouldn't blame the ref, I liked that he let a good amount of physical stuff go and that he missed an obvious foul on Saka is meaningless, there was plenty of time for England to defend that, Rice I think it was let Mbappe come inside, then although it was a great strike, Pickford should save those from that range, but it was a well worked goal.

Kane missed a penalty and it was a poor pen, but everyone misses from time to time and that was just the wrong time.

Macron I can discount even though he married his mother, so that just leaves me with Southgate. I accept that he has limited choices in defence so has to play Maguire and Shaw, neither of whom are really good enough, but why pick Henderson, he's an older version of Rice and Bellingham, and leave Maddison on the bench?

He's had six years, achieved nothing with the best squad I've seen since Bobby Robson was managing and surely has to go now. Remember, his crowning achievement in club football was getting Middlesborough relegated.
Commiserations

The good news is, the decent players in your team are 25 and younger. Find a coach with some cojones and the best may be yet to come for you guys

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Let’s be honest this was always coming despite all this nonsense about Southgate improving the players. The young players are improving at their clubs but they look isolated and often lost in his very basic set up because Southgate has not improved his technical ability or bravery. They have gone beyond him, he is still clueless and was always going to get found out, Henderson wasn’t the answer 10 years ago why would he be the answer now and don’t get me started on his subs jesusfuckingchrist give me strength, Sterling and Rashford? Who was going to give them the ball, McGuire ?

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by thebeautifulgame »

N5 1BH wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:19 pm Let’s be honest this was always coming despite all this nonsense about Southgate improving the players. The young players are improving at their clubs but they look isolated and often lost in his very basic set up because Southgate has not improved his technical ability or bravery. They have gone beyond him, he is still clueless and was always going to get found out, Henderson wasn’t the answer 10 years ago why would he be the answer now and don’t get me started on his subs jesusfuckingchrist give me strength, Sterling and Rashford? Who was going to give them the ball, McGuire ?
FFS- He took you guys to the Euro Finals and lost because the players bottled the penalties, not him. He took you this far in the WC and you went out because big Harry missed a pen- not him.
Hope he walks, some of you Engerland fans don't deserve him. Southgate is far from clueless.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

thebeautifulgame wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:58 pm
N5 1BH wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:19 pm Let’s be honest this was always coming despite all this nonsense about Southgate improving the players. The young players are improving at their clubs but they look isolated and often lost in his very basic set up because Southgate has not improved his technical ability or bravery. They have gone beyond him, he is still clueless and was always going to get found out, Henderson wasn’t the answer 10 years ago why would he be the answer now and don’t get me started on his subs jesusfuckingchrist give me strength, Sterling and Rashford? Who was going to give them the ball, McGuire ?
FFS- He took you guys to the Euro Finals and lost because the players bottled the penalties, not him. He took you this far in the WC and you went out because big Harry missed a pen- not him.
Hope he walks, some of you Engerland fans don't deserve him. Southgate is far from clueless.
:lol: If he's so good you're welcome to have him in Scotland.

He was cabernet at club level, he's boring, tactically inept, scared of losing and, with the standard of players at his disposal, Sam Allardyce would have done just as well. He need to take a shiraz off pill right now and give us a chance in the next tournament.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

eagleboy wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:12 pm

Who's whingeing? I even said I thought thre ref had a good game.

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

God is an Englishman wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:21 pm
eagleboy wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:12 pm

Who's whingeing? I even said I thought thre ref had a good game.
Mark Clattenburg has given his verdict on the two big refereeing decisions in England vs France

Clattenburg has now had his say in a column for the Daily Mail.
And, rather surprisingly, he believes that both calls were in fact correct.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/fifa-wo ... 37d6bb1c0b

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Subbing on two kids at the last minute to take penalties isn’t clever by the way. If we lost coz Kane missed a penalty that means we were reliant on two daft defensive mistakes to be even in the game so if our tactics were so good can you tell us why, despite lots of possession we were unable to put Lloris and a pretty vulnerable frog defence under any real pressure. Giroud is 36 and he got played in better than any of our lot

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

Kane’s penalty has just arrived at Heathrow.........a full 24 hours before the plane carrying the players.
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Marinos
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Marinos »

N5 1BH wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:44 pm
Subbing on two kids at the last minute to take penalties isn’t clever by the way. If we lost coz Kane missed a penalty that means we were reliant on two daft defensive mistakes to be even in the game so if our tactics were so good can you tell us why, despite lots of possession we were unable to put Lloris and a pretty vulnerable frog defence under any real pressure. Giroud is 36 and he got played in better than any of our lot
Game was lost before kickoff when your entire nation focused on how your 32 year old right back who plays as a CB for his club was going to stop the most electric player in the modern game. I did not see a single French media report on stopping Kane who plays with his back to goal and focuses on set pieces.

Not sure how vulnerable the French defence were when - fairly - they've not managed a clean sheet all tournament but managed to keep England to a non-penalty xG of 0.61.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Marinos wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:03 am
Game was lost before kickoff when your entire nation focused on how your 32 year old right back who plays as a CB for his club was going to stop the most electric player in the modern game. I did not see a single French media report on stopping Kane who plays with his back to goal and focuses on set pieces.

Not sure how vulnerable the French defence were when - fairly - they've not managed a clean sheet all tournament but managed to keep England to a non-penalty xG of 0.61.
Walker rarely plays CB at Man City.

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Marinos wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:03 am

Ah so you read French good for you, nice to be bilingual. Your kind of making my point to be honest, Southgate is tactically scared and inept. Was obvious from previous games and this one that the French defence were there to be got at but he didn’t set us up to do that. Not the players fault, his fault