EPL 22/23

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Re: EPL 22/23

Post by God is an Englishman »

thebeautifulgame wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:17 pm
God is an Englishman wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:40 pm
thebeautifulgame wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:22 pm
Nice One Cyril wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:27 pm
haywood djablowme wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:52 am VAR missed the bus to the Emirates this morning..
:lol: Arteta is a knob, what a child.
I agree, his actions on the side-line were way over the top. Alan Shearer and Ian Wright had a good debate about it after the match. Can understand Wright in trying to defend/not criticise Arteta too much but Shearer was more scathing, and quite right too.
To be honest the pull back in the box was there and could have been given though the potential handball would have been very harsh if given.
Shearer also blasted Arteta for not being able to accept and deal with Newcastle's defensive set-up. Did he seriously think that Newcastle were going to turn up and go with an attacking gung ho attitude?
Arsenal have been fantastic this season and Arteta has been a massive part of that, just wish he would mature as a manager and not throw the dummy from the pram when things go against him.
His after match comments were also disappointing. :thumbdown:

So, the ex Newcastle player sided with Newcastle and the ex Arsenal player sided with arsenal.

I am truly shocked.
If you would care to read (and absorb) line two above I appreciate the fact that they have loyalty to their former clubs, hence the word UNDERSTAND. Do you have the ability to understand this?

Some folk try and talk football on here- others just like to stir it up.

I gave an opinion- try and give yours without lambasting another forumite. Go on, give it a go, you might surprise yourself.
You must be a very sensitive soul to think that is a "lambasting". Not everything is about you.

Seeing as you want to make it about you though, when you mention Shearer's "loyalty"?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

theorakle wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:52 am sorry i forgot the daft question guy. :roll:
You missed the question. Did you not understand it?

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

:lol: The commentator this morning was saying that Chelsea are not even in the top four.

In London ;-)
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Controversial goal for Fernandes where, despite being obviously in an offside position and chasing the ball for 15 yards, because his didn't touch it he was deemed to not be interfering with play. VAR couldn't overrule because the ref had seen the offside and dismissed it.

The ref sees it once in real time, from behind and he's made a judgement call, so no criticism of that, but why not go to the monitor and check on what you think you've seen from a different perspective? A goal has been scored so there's no time issue, just add it on at the end.

IMO, if you stop and hold you hands up to signify no intent to play the ball it's fine, but when you chase the ball down like that you're interfering and off for me, but more of a worry is the use, or lack in this case, of technology.
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:28 am Controversial goal for Fernandes where, despite being obviously in an offside position and chasing the ball for 15 yards, because his didn't touch it he was deemed to not be interfering with play. VAR couldn't overrule because the ref had seen the offside and dismissed it.

The ref sees it once in real time, from behind and he's made a judgement call, so no criticism of that, but why not go to the monitor and check on what you think you've seen from a different perspective? A goal has been scored so there's no time issue, just add it on at the end.

IMO, if you stop and hold you hands up to signify no intent to play the ball it's fine, but when you chase the ball down like that you're interfering and off for me, but more of a worry is the use, or lack in this case, of technology.
the only reason players raise their hands its like a sign of guilt. they know theyve just fouled someone. dunno why they do it. i know i wouldent have. :thumbdown:

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:28 am Controversial goal for Fernandes where, despite being obviously in an offside position and chasing the ball for 15 yards, because his didn't touch it he was deemed to not be interfering with play. VAR couldn't overrule because the ref had seen the offside and dismissed it.

Agree Cyril, yet happy Citeh dropped points! Take your mind back to Wolves being denied a winner last week v Liverpoo.. & that was given offside. We crave consistency but are never going to get it.

Can we say the Mancs are in the title talk conversation now?? ETH starting to have an impact, moving on Ronaldo blessing in disguise..

Last night's result puts more spice on the NLD tomorrow morning. COYG!!

:clap: Chelski, up to their old tricks.. signing everyone with a heartbeat
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

GaylyColouredStumps
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by GaylyColouredStumps »

The ball was going where the ball was going.

I saw pep said rashford distracted his defenders and keeper. What? These bozos were just watching rashford and not worried where the ball was?

Would have been bullshït had it been ruled offside by VAR.
These users thanked the author Sunny Vanilla for the post:
Old Master, johndedes, theorakle, ozzie owl, suzie, thewabster, Za Dom Spremni

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

If that's not offside then the "interfering with play law" doesn't exist. He's clearly interfering with play.

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Good morning Cyril :grin:

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Arena Oaxaca wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:32 pm

The ball was going where the ball was going.

I saw pep said rashford distracted his defenders and keeper. What? These bozos were just watching rashford and not worried where the ball was?

Would have been bullshït had it been ruled offside by VAR.
I can't see it made much difference to the defenders, they were already behind, but the keeper couldn't be sure who was going to shoot and tried to cover all bases. Had Rashford not been there, I'm sure he would have positioned himself differently, therefore Rashford interfered with his decision making. If the ref goes to the monitor and checks for himself and still thinks it's a goal, I wouldn't agree but there'd be no complaints. If we're going to have tech, let's at least use it sensibly to make sure we get most of the big decisions correct.
Danny Blanchflower

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

haywood djablowme wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:27 am Good morning Cyril :grin:
All I can say is I'm glad I didn't stay up and watch it :lol:

Goons were good value for the win, worked harder, closed down better and fell over at every challenge. Despite all the early possession they hadn't really looked like scoring, but goals change games and Lloris has been a liability since he came back from his elbow injury.

I hate to admit it, but I can't see anyone catching them now. I'm going to turn my phone off if that happens ;-)
Danny Blanchflower

GaylyColouredStumps
Team Manager
Team Manager

Can't believe that Tottenham has come out and said they will ban the fan that kicked out at Ramsdale :shock:

If they wanted to really punish him, they'd give him a season ticket

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Nice One Cyril wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:21 am
I hate to admit it, but I can't see anyone catching them now. I'm going to turn my phone off if that happens ;-)
Gaz Neville after the game this morning Cyril claims United will still finish above us..

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Arena Oaxaca wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:31 pm Can't believe that Tottenham has come out and said they will ban the fan that kicked out at Ramsdale :shock:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Gunners/commen ... are_button

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Eh? I thought the north London derby would be mandatory viewing for you.

ps, Saka didn’t “fall over at every challenge”. He was continuously hacked down.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Con M wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:00 am
Eh? I thought the north London derby would be mandatory viewing for you.

ps, Saka didn’t “fall over at every challenge”. He was continuously hacked down.
Unfortunately, there is no longer a professional North London derby.

Acually, Barnet may actually still be full time pro, so Barnet v Spurs would count.

Frank Costanza
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Frank Costanza »

haywood djablowme wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:21 pm
Gaz Neville after the game this morning Cyril claims United will still finish above us..
Not beating Palace will make that difficult
WHO TOOK MY TV GUIDE???

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Frank Costanza wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:32 am
Yep, excellent and deserved equaliser by the Crystals this morn. Casimero’s suspension will hopefully help Arsenal too.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Frank Costanza wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:32 am

palace represent everything that is wrong with modern football

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Yet again Lloris costs Spurs. :roll:

My only consolation is that it closes the gap between City and the Goons. :lol:
Danny Blanchflower

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Nice One Cyril wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:28 am Yet again Lloris costs Spurs. :roll:

You guys done ok against their B team ;-)

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:28 am Yet again Lloris costs Spurs. :roll:

Couldn’t believe TotteringHam throwing away that 2-0 half-time lead.

Was it to spite you-know-which-club?

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Welcome to the Emirates Leandro :clap:

GaylyColouredStumps
Team Manager
Team Manager

haywood djablowme wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:22 pm
Arena Oaxaca wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:31 pm Can't believe that Tottenham has come out and said they will ban the fan that kicked out at Ramsdale :shock:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Gunners/commen ... are_button
:lol:

predrag
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by predrag »

As crap as the Liverpool-Chelsea game was,the totall opposite can be said for the Arsenal-MU mouthwatering game.

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Don’t like saying this, but Arsenal will still be looking over their shoulders at the Citizens.

Haaland is a beast for ManCity with his recent hat trick. I’m admiring what Nketiah has achieved in place of the injured Jesus. But Eddie is no Haaland.

This Saturday morning’s FA Cup match between them may be an indicator on how things will pan out. Plus they meet again in the League on the 16th of February in London.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

These players have statisticians, tactical briefings, endless replays to watch, etc, etc and they're bloody professional footballers, but they still haven't worked out that Saka goes left, almost every single time.
Danny Blanchflower

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Nice One Cyril wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:45 pm These players have statisticians, tactical briefings, endless replays to watch, etc, etc and they're bloody professional footballers, but they still haven't worked out that Saka goes left, almost every single time.
Been saying the same about Messi for along time now

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

haywood djablowme wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:00 pm
Nice One Cyril wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:45 pm These players have statisticians, tactical briefings, endless replays to watch, etc, etc and they're bloody professional footballers, but they still haven't worked out that Saka goes left, almost every single time.
Been saying the same about Messi for along time now
So now you're comparing Saka with Messi heh? ;-)
Danny Blanchflower

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Everton have sacked manager Frank Lampard