Super bowl

This forum is for discussion of other sports.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Super bowl

Post by eagleboy »

I visited a mate's house yesterday and he had visitors from Canada staying over. I arrived at about 10.30am and they were watching the Superbowl. Each time I looked in they had commercials. They gave me a score, but I didn't see any play happening. I left at lunch time and the visitor said the 1/2-time entertainment was on and the game still had hours to go. I ask how long a 1/4 was and he said 15 minutes. How many f/n commercials does a game like this have.

I hope our football never goes that way with Americanization of the sport. May VAR is conditioning us to long ad breaks. :shock:

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Super bowl

Post by eagleboy »

This was on twitter in regard the ground. A roll in and roll out pitch. $800k to prepare the pitch and it still was sh1te on the day. It didn't play well on the day but still great. I think PSV in The Netherlands might have something similar.

https://twitter.com/JoePompliano/status ... 3973005314
Last edited by eagleboy on Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Cooper »

eagleboy wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 1:25 pm I visited a mate's house yesterday and he had visitors from Canada staying over. I arrived at about 10.30am and they were watching the Superbowl. Each time I looked in they had commercials. They gave me a score, but I didn't see any play happening. I left at lunch time and the visitor said the 1/2-time entertainment was on and the game still had hours to go. I ask how long a 1/4 was and he said 15 minutes. How many f/n commercials does a game like this have.

I hope our football never goes that way with Americanization of the sport. May VAR is conditioning us to long ad breaks. :shock:
Its not about the commercial breaks, its the stoppages and stopping the time which make the quarters go so long.

Commercial stations just take advantage of this fact and use it for their own benefit.

Even without ads the game would still take a long time.

Just Dave now
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Just Dave now »

yet yanks complain about how long a game of cricket takes .
I may not be perfect but I'm still the closest I have ever come across

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

The f*c*ing Yankees can sell anything to the World.

FFS gridiron “football” goes forever. Stop. Start. Stop. Start. Advertisers love it.

And for some reason AFL players and “footy” freaks have climbed onto the NFL bandwagon big-time.
Maybe it reminds them of AFL “footy” where advertisers jump in after every goal. And crickette when advertisers jump in after every over. The jerks.

Sadly, the Yankees and dinky-di Aussies will never really take to a low-scoring game like the real FOOTBALL. Their concentration span can not wait for a real game to unfold.

Just Dave now
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Just Dave now »

Con M wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:15 pm The f*c*ing Yankees can sell anything to the World.

FFS gridiron “football” goes forever. Stop. Start. Stop. Start. Advertisers love it.

And for some reason AFL players and “footy” freaks have climbed onto the NFL bandwagon big-time.
Maybe it reminds them of AFL “footy” where advertisers jump in after every goal. And crickette when advertisers jump in after every over. The jerks.

Sadly, the Yankees and dinky-di Aussies will never really take to a low-scoring game like the real FOOTBALL. Their concentration span can not wait for a real game to unfold.
con if you were in charge of the world there would be only one sport played i reckon
I may not be perfect but I'm still the closest I have ever come across

Raich Carter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Raich Carter »

Just Dave now wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:43 am
Con M wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:15 pm The f*c*ing Yankees can sell anything to the World.

con if you were in charge of the world there would be only one sport played i reckon
Not sure if talking out of your clack can be classed as a sport.
When I am king, you will be first against the wall
With your opinion which is of no consequence at all

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Just Dave now wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:43 am

Yep, just Davide before. It’s not called the World Cup for nothing!

Snobs say racing is the sport of kings. I say World Football is the King of Sports.