EPL 22/23

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: EPL 22/23

Post by Victoria's Secret »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:26 am
Victor Meldrew wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:14 am
Nice One Cyril wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:53 am We all laugh at the rubbish Neville comes out with, but that would have to be one of the strangest games I've seen. Despite going in 1 down, United absolutely bossed the first half, then just collapsed in a heap.

Very funny :lol:
United absolutely bossed
shiraz me and you have the audacity to say Neville comes out with rubbish - you trumped him 20 times over with three words.
First half, Liverpool pressed really well, but just having the ball means squat and United could have scored 3 quite easily, whereas Liverpool hardly threatened, then suddenly scored. You don't win games passing the ball around between your defenders and the middle of the park and we all know that goals change games.
We all know that goals change games, we scored in the firs thalf, they didn't (Nunez had one blocked, Robbo no right foot) . Watch the game again with your eyes open. Its not all about shots on target either. We were better first 20, them the next 20, then us 5. They never bossed the game.

The Football world is very lucky you have never coached and never will.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Victor Meldrew wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:46 am
Nice One Cyril wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:53 am We all laugh at the rubbish Neville comes out with, but that would have to be one of the strangest games I've seen. Despite going in 1 down, United absolutely bossed the first half, then just collapsed in a heap.

United absolutely bossed
shiraz me and you have the audacity to say Neville comes out with rubbish - you trumped him 20 times over with three words.
First half, Liverpool pressed really well, but just having the ball means squat and United could have scored 3 quite easily, whereas Liverpool hardly threatened, then suddenly scored. You don't win games passing the ball around between your defenders and the middle of the park and we all know that goals change games.
We all know that goals change games, we scored in the firs thalf, they didn't (Nunez had one blocked, Robbo no right foot) . Watch the game again with your eyes open. Its not all about shots on target either. We were better first 20, them the next 20, then us 5. They never bossed the game.

You cannot look at a Liverpool game objectively, that's your problem, it's like talking with a 10 year old. You had zero shots on target until the goal, simple as that, whereas they had quite a few decent chances. You were exceptionally fortunate to be level, never mind in front, at half time.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

GaylyColouredStumps
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by GaylyColouredStumps »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:48 pm

United absolutely bossed

You cannot look at a Liverpool game objectively, that's your problem, it's like talking with a 10 year old. You had zero shots on target until the goal, simple as that, whereas they had quite a few decent chances. You were exceptionally fortunate to be level, never mind in front, at half time.
To be fair to Vicky, she can't see most things objectively, least of all Liverpool
These users thanked the author Sunny Vanilla for the post:
Old Master, johndedes, theorakle, ozzie owl, suzie, thewabster, Za Dom Spremni

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

https://www.reddit.com/r/Gunners/commen ... are_button
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:18 pm
haywood djablowme wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:33 pm Bedlam @ the Emirates this morning
Library you say Cyril :lol:

COYG
:lol: Interesting that you compare the New Library to Bedlam. Both full of the insane. ;-)
There's a fine line between genius and insanity

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Arena Oaxaca wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:00 pm

United absolutely bossed

To be fair to Vicky, she can't see most things objectively, least of all Liverpool
Irony isn't anything like goldy.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

United absolutely bossed

ahh shots on target. A slow trickle a keeper picks up every time is a shot o target yet a shot that is cleared for a corner isn't...or on ethat rattles the inside of a post.

One decent chace thay had, so did we - we scored they didnt.

You talk cabernet.

predrag
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by predrag »

I cannot believe the spanking Liverpool handed to MU! :clap:

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Victor Meldrew wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:31 pmOne decent chace thay had, so did we - we scored they didnt.
Just to prove your lack of objectivity and your ability to make up stats to suit your red specs agenda.

Antony had an early curler that Alisson was forced to push around the post, not dissimilar to the one that Gakpo scored tbh.

Fernandes had a free header that frankly he should have scored.

Casemiro had the ball in the net but it was correctly ruled offside.

All three of them could easily have turned out different and all were before Liverpool scored.

You're the one talking shiiite.
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Nice One Cyril wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:58 pm
Victor Meldrew wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:31 pmOne decent chace thay had, so did we - we scored they didnt.
Just to prove your lack of objectivity and your ability to make up stats to suit your red specs agenda.

Antony had an early curler that Alisson was forced to push around the post, not dissimilar to the one that Gakpo scored tbh.

All three of them could easily have turned out different and all were before Liverpool scored.

Yet you ignore all of what i wrote as it shows you up.
i replied to all points made.

You won’t win this one, as you are so wrong and have no idea - as is the norm for you TBH

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Victor Meldrew wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:40 pm

You won’t win this one, as you are so wrong and have no idea - as is the norm for you TBH
There's nothing to ignore, you don't make any points, you just make cabernet up. Liverpool had no chances of note in the first 40 minutes, United had three good ones, but your red blinkers are blinding you. I don't think you're colour blind at all, it's those bottle of shiraz tinted glasses you wear :lol:
Danny Blanchflower

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

The glasses you talk of Cyril, look just as good on you as they do Nicky ;-)

Good to see you again Nicky, you've been missing most this season.. Liverpoo must of got a result

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

look we were tripe and well done to liverpool, i wish the boss made them run home to their mansions in manchester after that horrible mess and no wages this week, it couldve been worse it couldve been man city, we need greenwood up front, he used to put balls in nets, :thumbdown:

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Nice One Cyril wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:08 pm
Victor Meldrew wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:40 pm
Just to prove your lack of objectivity and your ability to make up stats to suit your red specs agenda

There's nothing to ignore, you don't make any points, you just make cabernet up. Liverpool had no chances of note in the first 40 minutes, United had three good ones, but your red blinkers are blinding you. I don't think you're colour blind at all, it's those bottle of shiraz tinted glasses you wear :lol:
No chances, goaline clearance FFS? You clearly actually didn’t watch the game but read about it.

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

at least seaford and stockport made draws and i got 16 bucks from x lotto this week, :clap:

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Victor Meldrew wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:35 pmNo chances, goaline clearance FFS? You clearly actually didn’t watch the game but read about it.
There you go again making cabernet up, there was no goal line clearance, maybe you don't understand the definition? For clarity, it's when the keeper is beaten, the ball is going in the goal and a defending player clears it. The closest you got to that was Nunez being 6 yards out and his flick being deflected by Martinez. It wasn't on the goal line and the keeper was standing right there. You're so one eyed and full of cabernet it's not true.
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Nice One Cyril wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:31 am
Victor Meldrew wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:35 pmNo chances, goaline clearance FFS? You clearly actually didn’t watch the game but read about it.
There you go again making cabernet up, there was no goal line clearance, maybe you don't understand the definition? For clarity, it's when the keeper is beaten, the ball is going in the goal and a defending player clears it. The closest you got to that was Nunez being 6 yards out and his flick being deflected by Martinez. It wasn't on the goal line and the keeper was standing right there. You're so one eyed and full of cabernet it's not true.
The the poiint is, it was a shot on target.

I usually keep out of this thread due to the stupid posts , but yesterday came in to put you right - and you won't admit you are wrong (YOU NEVER DO) Your views are laughed at offline by so many (I am sure mine are too) .Two years ago you said Mane was not that good....still laughed at worldwide.

Over and out,

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Not all your posts were stupid.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

N5 1BH wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:42 pm Not all your posts were stupid.
His goalposts are very mobile though.
Danny Blanchflower

GaylyColouredStumps
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by GaylyColouredStumps »

Victor Meldrew wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:15 am Your views are laughed at offline by so many ....still laughed at worldwide.

Over and out,
NOC being laughed at worldwide is some flex :lol: :lol:

I'd be keen to know how much I'm laughed at offline and how far across the globe it has spread
These users thanked the author Sunny Vanilla for the post:
Old Master, johndedes, theorakle, ozzie owl, suzie, thewabster, Za Dom Spremni

Just Dave now
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Just Dave now »

Arena Oaxaca wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:17 am
Victor Meldrew wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:15 am Your views are laughed at offline by so many ....still laughed at worldwide.

Over and out,

I'd be keen to know how much I'm laughed at offline and how far across the globe it has spread
the irony , vic is mocked by so many he has to foe them !
I may not be perfect but I'm still the closest I have ever come across

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Arena Oaxaca wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:17 am

Over and out,

I'd be keen to know how much I'm laughed at online and how far across the globe it has spread
a liverpool forum, his bad takes are on a thread we have for stupid posts from opposition fans round the world. The Mane one is often quoted.

Raich Carter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Raich Carter »

theorakle wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:06 pm look we were tripe and well done to liverpool, i wish the boss made them run home to their mansions in manchester after that horrible mess and no wages this week, it couldve been worse it couldve been man city, we need greenwood up front, he used to put balls in nets, :thumbdown:
Not thé only place he put his balls…
When I am king, you will be first against the wall
With your opinion which is of no consequence at all

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Raich Carter wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:11 am
theorakle wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:06 pm look we were tripe and well done to liverpool, i wish the boss made them run home to their mansions in manchester after that horrible mess and no wages this week, it couldve been worse it couldve been man city, we need greenwood up front, he used to put balls in nets, :thumbdown:
Not thé only place he put his balls…
In the box apparently.
Danny Blanchflower

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Victor Meldrew wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:15 amTwo years ago you said Mane was not that good....still laughed at worldwide.
Did I actually say that in those words, or is that you making stuff up again and trying to pass it off as fact?

I seem to remember saying he got away with many fouls, which he did, that he dived a lot, which he did, and that he was better than Salah from a team perspective, which I still think is true. I also remember saying that the player that made the space for both of them was Firmino.

Please show me my post.
Danny Blanchflower

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

On a side note Cyril, have you seen your 60mil signing so far this season has scored as many as you'll win trophies.. ;-)

All jokes aside, that must be concerning??

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

haywood djablowme wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:14 pm On a side note Cyril, have you seen your 60mil signing so far this season has scored as many as you'll win trophies.. ;-)

All jokes aside, that must be concerning??
I don't know who pushed for him but I said at the beginning that I couldn't see why we needed him. There has long been a problem with recruitment at Spurs and I think Levy is to blame. I would have preferred a couple of decent defenders so we could shiraz off Davies and Sanchez, or a decent keeper.

That said, I don't think the formation helps him or anyone else and that's Conte's fault.
Danny Blanchflower

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:59 am
Victor Meldrew wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:15 amTwo years ago you said Mane was not that good....still laughed at worldwide.
Did I actually say that in those words, or is that you making stuff up again and trying to pass it off as fact?

I seem to remember saying he got away with many fouls, which he did, that he dived a lot, which he did, and that he was better than Salah from a team perspective, which I still think is true. I also remember saying that the player that made the space for both of them was Firmino.

Please show me my post.
Has the post arrived yet ? I know it's lot slower these days in down under ;-)

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

ozzie owl wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:31 am

Please show me my post.
Nothing so far, I suspect it’s lost in the mail.
Danny Blanchflower

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:51 pm
ozzie owl wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:31 am

Please show me my post.
Nothing so far, I suspect it’s lost in the mail.
Typical australia post.