EPL 22/23

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Re: EPL 22/23

Post by God is an Englishman »

thebeautifulgame wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:39 pm Excuse my total ignorance regarding the lad, but which club did he come from, what age is he and what nationality is he?
He just seems to have arrived overnight but probably unlikely to be the case.
If that lad shows consistency and manages to avoid injury he will have the world at his feet.
If not on a long term contract they will have to secure his services as performances like this will attract huge interest.
Goodness knows where Newcastle will get the money from ;-).
English, he was at Bournemouth before.

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

God is an Englishman wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:43 am
thebeautifulgame wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:39 pm Excuse my total ignorance regarding the lad, but which club did he come from, what age is he and what nationality is he?
If that lad shows consistency and manages to avoid injury he will have the world at his feet.
If not on a long term contract they will have to secure his services as performances like this will attract huge interest.
no money worries for the toon, the arabs put money in, the yanks just take it out. hope we can get some arabs at man u as sir jim has offered the hated glazers a 20 per cent stake. no man utd fan wants that believe me. :thumbdown:

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by thebeautifulgame »

Thanks. Hopefully he has a Scottish grandfather or the like, though he might not be good enough for us! :lol:
Seriously, has he had any recognition from England, even at U21 level?

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

Wrong!

He is Swedish and Newcastle signed him from Real Sociedad
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

I know he's Swedish, that's about it.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

How was Jota not red carded for studs up on Skipp’s head? After all his foot and studs were well and truly raised .

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

ozzie owl wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 7:36 am How was Jota not red carded for studs up on Skipp’s head? After all his foot and studs were well and truly raised .
Cue NOC
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

ozzie owl wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 7:36 am How was Jota not red carded for studs up on Skipp’s head? After all his foot and studs were well and truly raised .
Jota said afterwards that there was no intent and I absolutely accept that, but there's nothing in the laws about intent and you'd have to ask did he endanger Skipp who was cut and left bleeding? Ludicrous that if you show your studs at shin height or tread heavily on someone's foot you can get sent off, but studding someone in the head is apparently OK. Surely VAR must send the referee to look at the monitor?

BTW, Klopp didn't see the incident :lol:
A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

where is a rised foot like that a red card - with no intent?

As per usual OO has no idea on rules - but likes to find fault

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Nice One Cyril wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 8:55 am
Jota said afterwards that there was no intent and I absolutely accept that, but there's nothing in the laws about intent and you'd have to ask did he endanger Skipp who was cut and left bleeding? Ludicrous that if you show your studs at shin height or tread heavily on someone's foot you can get sent off, but studding someone in the head is apparently OK. Surely VAR must send the referee to look at the monitor?

BTW, Klopp didn't see the incident :lol:
A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.
cluelees when it comes to Spurs. look up the word intent.

For the record, I agree that it should be red all down the body, but legs are straight reds and just a flaying high boot are not. same as handball - why is it different for attackers/defenders and where on the pitch.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Victoria's Secret wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 4:27 pm
where is a rised foot like that a red card - with no intent?

As per usual OO has no idea on rules - but likes to find fault
You are correct i don't know about the rules , because football doesn't have them.

Football has Laws of the Games, which are the ones I do know about.

As NOC rightly points out intent does not apply to an offence committed by a player under Law 12

SERIOUS FOUL PLAY

Clearly the offence committed by Jota endangers the safety of Spurs player Skip.

As usual VM defends Liverpool to the hilt.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

You are so boring re rules and laws.

Anyhow the fact he got cut is not relevant - it was not dangerous play as he ducked his head to an unnatural position whilst Jota's foot was also high.

I didn't defend TAA or Thiago re handballs recently - as Liverpool got lucky on both - but this time the refs were right - the rule may suck but that's not the officials fault.

There were many other decisions re stamping (well studs being dangerous) that were dealt with thw same way.

So as usual - you are talking rubbish and attempting to make a story out of nothing.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

My real gripe is the useless VAR.

Their only criteria for getting involved should be 'does doing nothing have the potential to make us all look like incompetents idiots?' and on this occasion, as so many others where they say nothing, the answer is a resounding yes.

If they send Tierney to look at the monitor and he still thinks it's only a yellow, I'd disagree, but would be happy to accept that everyone has done their job.
Danny Blanchflower

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

HIGHLIGHTS: Liverpool 4-3 Tottenham Hotspur. Great match.

https://youtu.be/e8RcQoGY4OE

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Nice One Cyril wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm My real gripe is the useless VAR.

Their only criteria for getting involved should be 'does doing nothing have the potential to make us all look like incompetents idiots?cheap and nasty and on this occasion, as so many others where they say nothing, the answer is a resounding yes.

If they send Tierney to look at the monitor and he still thinks it's only a yellow, I'd disagree, but would be happy to accept that everyone has done their job.
They agreed with Tierney. i still dont think VAR has improved the game, but the ref, assistants and VAR all thought yellow so it did its job.

Mason and Klopp were both out of order afterwards IMO

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Victoria's Secret wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 6:25 pm
Nice One Cyril wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm My real gripe is the useless VAR.

Their only criteria for getting involved should be 'does doing nothing have the potential to make us all look like incompetents idiots?cheap and nasty and on this occasion, as so many others where they say nothing, the answer is a resounding yes.

They agreed with Tierney. i still dont think VAR has improved the game, but the ref, assistants and VAR all thought yellow so it did its job.

You're just making cabernet up now. The assistants don't get a say in it, and because the ref gave a yellow, VAR didn't even consider it.
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Nice One Cyril wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 6:27 pm

You're just making cabernet up now. The assistants don't get a say in it, and because the ref gave a yellow, VAR didn't even consider it.
Of course they do - they talk to the ref FFS. and VAR look at every yellow in case it needs upgrading (and reds for downgrading).

Not your best post.

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Klopp pulls his hamstring while celebrating. :grin: :grin:

https://youtu.be/X6tBPpKbMaQ

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Victoria's Secret wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 6:39 pm
Nice One Cyril wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 6:27 pm

Of course they do - they talk to the ref FFS. and VAR look at every yellow in case it needs upgrading (and reds for downgrading).

Not your best post.
All that hormone therapy is clearly fogging your brain because you're talking rubbish again. The assistants don't make any decisions, if the ref is unsure he will ask them what they saw, but if the ref sees it clearly he won't even ask them, he is the sole arbiter of what happens. As for VAR, according to TalkSport who'd know a damn sight more than you
Jota’s boot was at head height and connected with Skipp right above the eye.

Medical staff attended to the Spurs star for several minutes before he came off to be further looked at.

The decision was not even checked on VAR, though the Portugal international did receive a booking.
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

you clown!

80mins, re watch LISTEN and apologise.

Shows you dont actaully watch the matches. the proof is there.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Victoria's Secret wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 6:52 pm you clown!

Damn, I hate it when a woman is right. :lol:

I apologise to the extent of the VAR, I watched but was so incensed that I obviously didn't listen to the commentary. However it obviously merited further consideration from Tierney, because more than 50% of the pros interviewed have said it's a red, some of them ex Liverpool players. VAR should have sent him to the monitor, not just waved it through.
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Nice One Cyril wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 7:13 pm

I apologise to the extent of the VAR, I watched but was so incensed that I obviously didn't listen to the commentary. However it obviously merited further consideration from Tierney, because more than 50% of the pros interviewed have said it's a red, some of them ex Liverpool players. VAR should have sent him to the monitor, not just waved it through.
if it had stayed 3-3 you wouldnt be so upset...

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Victoria's Secret wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 8:32 pm

if it had stayed 3-3 you wouldnt be so upset...
And Klopp's hamstring would have gone. :grin:

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

I just watched it on ESPN FC and they thought it should have been a sendoff. I have looked at the LTV replay. Personally, that was dangerous and not a required tackle.. The Liverpool commentators are playing it down as they would

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

A journalist on Twitter:
Watching (belatedly) MOTD, and in the Utd-Villa game, don’t notice a single person suggesting Chambers should’ve been sent off for that high foot which smashes Shaw in the head.

Much worse than the Jota one, but not even mentioned as a red.

Don’t think either were btw.
I haven't seen the incident (been away) - has anyone on here?

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Definately an accident. :grin: :grin: :grin:

https://youtu.be/u8_EkMBaobo
https://youtu.be/aa9_5tBBcGY

Fu1PFrlWwAEB3FQ.jpg
Fu1PFrlWwAEB3FQ.jpg (26.52 KiB) Viewed 28331 times

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

eagleboy wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 10:37 pm https://www.espn.com/soccer/english-premier- ;-) ;-) league/story/4935873/the-var-review-red-cards-for-liverpool-diogo-jota-tottenham-oliver-skipp-richarlison-penalty-claim

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/s ... a-red-card

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/footbal ... r-AA1aApxX

Careful this could be seen as making a story out of nothing ;-) ;-)

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Relegation battle at half time Leicester 2 Everton 1 with Maddison missing penalty just before the break .

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

ozzie owl wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 5:26 am Relegation battle at half time Leicester 2 Everton 1 with Maddison missing penalty just before the break .
Karma working, that was a poor decision for a penalty, hand was down low and the ball was belted at him from 6 yards away. The lawmakers in football are doing their best to shiraz up the game.

Takes some bottle from Pickford though, to just stand up.
Danny Blanchflower