Argentina 🇦🇷 v Australia 🇦🇺 Thursday 15 June 9.30pm.

This forum is for discussion related to the various Australian National Football Teams - the Socceroos, Olyroos, Joes, Matildas and so.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, Forum Admins

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Argentina 🇦🇷 v Australia 🇦🇺 Thursday 15 June 9.30pm.

Post by Con M »

Argentina and Australia meet again in Beijing in a rematch of the great Round-of-Sixteen game in the 2022 World Cup. Brings back memories of what might have been had Behich’s weaving run into the box and shot not been deflected over the bar, and had Kuol’s last minute shot not been saved.

Australia haters need not despair - there is an AFL game on at the same time, or they can watch Vanilla Arena’s favourites like reruns of “Leave it to Beaver” or reruns of Yankee movies.
Last edited by Con M on Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Re: Argentina 🇦🇷 v Australia 🇦🇺 Thursday 15 June 7.30pm

Post by Bomber »

I sure hope that all channels will be showing this friendly and all club trainings cancelled due to it's overwhelming importance. :thumbup:
Ignore this signature

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Bomber wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 10:19 am I sure hope that all channels will be showing this friendly and all club trainings cancelled due to it's overwhelming importance. :thumbup:
Polonia’s training won’t be cancelled, that’s for sure. And I bet your Clubroom’s TV will be tuned to the AFL game for your boys after training when they’re quaffing their Polish beers.

Now if one of Polonia’s favourite sons (Past Captain Socceroo John Kosmina) was presently in charge at Regency Park....

GaylyColouredStumps
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by GaylyColouredStumps »

Con M wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 10:47 am
Bomber wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 10:19 am I sure hope that all channels will be showing this friendly and all club trainings cancelled due to it's overwhelming importance. :thumbup:
Polonia’s training won’t be cancelled, that’s for sure. And I bet your Clubroom’s TV will be tuned to the AFL game for your boys after training when they’re quaffing their Polish beers.

Now if one of Polonia’s favourite sons (Past Captain Socceroo John Kosmina) was presently in charge at Regency Park....
You're such a bossy boots. So demanding.
These users thanked the author Sunny Vanilla for the post:
Old Master, johndedes, theorakle, ozzie owl, suzie, thewabster, Za Dom Spremni

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Is there an AFL game on? Was wondering when Thursday night games were back on. Maybe if Polonia win a few games before then the boys can finish training early and have a choice which channel to watch. I'm sure they will choose the "roos.
Ignore this signature

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Arnie is trying new blood.

Parma defender Alessandro Circati named in Australian squad for Beijing friendly against Argentina
https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/more-sp ... r-AA1cbrx8

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/footbal ... d3ac&ei=17

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Bomber wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 11:31 am

Is there an AFL game on? Was wondering when Thursday night games were back on. Maybe if Polonia win a few games before then the boys can finish training early and have a choice which channel to watch. I'm sure they will choose the "roos.
Not to worry, BombsAway. The game now kicks off at 9.30pm Thursday 15 June. It will be shown on free-to-air Ch10Bold.

If your boys aren’t already in bed like Vanilla Arena they can always flick over from the AFL game during every goal when Stokes’ Ch7 is showing their multiple advertisements to sell you stuff.

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

Con M wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 9:43 am Argentina and Australia meet again in Beijing in a rematch of the great Round-of-Sixteen game in the 2022 World Cup. Brings back memories of what might have been had Behich’s weaving run into the box and shot not been deflected over the bar, and had Kuol’s last minute shot not been saved.

Australia haters need not despair - there is an AFL game on at the same time, or they can watch Vanilla Arena’s favourites like reruns of “Leave it to Beaver” or reruns of Yankee movies.
Will watch to see Messi, De Paul, Mac Allister, Alvarez and Simeone make a mockery of the Ozzies!
Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Con M wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:48 pm
Bomber wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 11:31 am

Not to worry, BombsAway. The game now kicks off at 9.30pm Thursday 15 June. It will be shown on free-to-air Ch10Bold.

If your boys aren’t already in bed like Vanilla Arena they can always flick over from the AFL game during every goal when Stokes’ Ch7 is showing their multiple advertisements to sell you stuff.
Thursday 9.30pm? I reckon that clashes with Get On! and Get On SA on Sky Racing. Not to mention Key Factors, Formline & Playbook. Tough choice
Ignore this signature

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Michael wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:38 pm
Con M wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 9:43 am Argentina and Australia meet again in Beijing in a rematch of the great Round-of-Sixteen game in the 2022 World Cup. Brings back memories of what might have been had Behich’s weaving run into the box and shot not been deflected over the bar, and had Kuol’s last minute shot not been saved.

Will watch to see Messi, De Paul, Mac Allister, Alvarez and Simeone make a mockery of the Ozzies!
I hope you are wrong. ps, didn’t know you are a backer of Vanilla Arena and zzzzz.

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

Con M wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:10 pm
Michael wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:38 pm

I hope you are wrong. ps, didn’t know you are a backer of Vanilla Arena and zzzzz.
I am realist, not a fan of either, but credit where its due
Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium.

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Argentina 🇦🇷 v Australia 🇦🇺 Thursday 15 June 9.30pm.

Post by Con M »

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Re: Argentina 🇦🇷 v Australia 🇦🇺 Thursday 15 June 9.30pm.

Post by Michael »

good to see argentina training, rarely hit 60%

Ozzies
:crazy: